Mini 1159 - Powerrox93's Mini Normal I (Game Over)

Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Surprise_Carcinogen »

About to go to bed when i notice this game had started. Will start actually posting tomorrow after work, but for now I simply dislike Jase refusing, when told point blank, to address a point b lank question
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:20 am

vote:jase

I'm not liking the sarcasm, or the "I'm a good player" line. It's akin to "I'm town", which is not something good town say. Bad town and Bad mafia do in equal quantities, which in my o pinion makes him, either way, a decent choice for d1, at least at the moment.
"But he will not be drinking delicious juice, oh no. He will be choking down a world of hot piss and it will serve him right for liking all those dumbass movies unironically." - Dave Strider
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:27 am

Who has failed to post thus far, and how long does one really have to wait before they're a d1 lurker? I can understand a couple days, but I'd think by the end of the second day people can no longer have excuses for not posting yet. It's important when you say "A lurker" to make a list of who those might be. It makes it more clear where your suspicions lie, and clarity can only(in most cases) help the town.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:47 am

WTF is, to my mind, a request to justify your actions. Honestly, it was 2 am when I wrote that and I had just barely skimmed. I recognize and accept your point completely.

Zdenek, you cannot possibly d ecide "active lurking" from one post. It's overly offensive, and honestly kind of silly. I asked a question requiring someone to clarify their point of view. I know that I could have gotten my OWN conclusion from that, but I wanted to know who HE meant when HE mentioned lurkers.

To that end, I pretty well agree about needing to wait for it to not be easter to tell.

More to the point, Zed, you have posted twice, and have barely done any scum-hunting yourself, going so far as to have a two-word reasoning for your vote, as well as a column of meaningless fluff, essentially just accusing two people of post-padding without actually saying much yourself, except for recasting a vote.

Yabba, why exactly are your eyes on me at the moment?
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:50 pm

What scumhunting has he done? He has two whole posts, none of which contained very much scum-hunting. Your defence of him is suspicious in my mind.

And, no, my reasoning is, good players don't feel the need to outright say "I'm a good player." I don't consider it a sign of scum, but bad play in general, and at the moment, as I don't really have a strong scum-read on anyone, aside from perhaps Zed(and I'd hesitate to try and make anything against him for fear of being called out for omgus), I have to follow what I do have.

Also, I encourage you to drop disliking andrew's point in his sig. I can link you to the last game I played with him in which we wasted a good deal of time talking about it, but it's currently ongoing and I don't think i can reference ongoing games without being banned(I think. If I can then I'll happily link)
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Jase wrote:
Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:WTF is, to my mind, a request to justify your actions. Honestly, it was 2 am when I wrote that and I had just barely skimmed. I recognize and accept your point completely.
Wait, this sounds sarcastic in my head, but it's so obvious that I'm right that it's hard to believe that this is the case.

WC: Clarify that post.

Fos: Crazypianist

For stealing my shtick.
No, I honestly agree. No sarcasm at all. I tend to plainly state when I realize my point was silly or wrong and take agree with a person.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Jase wrote:
Surprise_Carcinogen wrote:No, I honestly agree. No sarcasm at all. I tend to plainly state when I realize my point was silly or wrong and take agree with a person.
You're killing me here. Whatever I'm gonna take you at face value.
Yes, you should, that's what I'm telling y ou to do. Damnit, we are wasting time and space here.

GroupThink, you need to explain yourself. A person doesn't make their first post on page three and make it a completely blank, wordless vote. That's just not groovy.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:31 am

Me=Weird. You are confusing me here. Only scum would want people to believe they are sincere. So...your list of scum suspects. Those are actualy your town reads. And every discussion and scum hunt should be read in complete reverese. That is g enuinely a stupid thing to say. When I say "Okay, you're right, your argument has swayed me" I actually mean that, and wanting you to read that as sincerity is not, spoiler alert, scummy. I also dislike being thrown on your scum-team list when all I've done is tell people that I don't generally resort to a good deal of sarcasm(above post being an exception.

Basically, what I'm asking is, if scum are the only ones who would want people to think they're being sincere, how is this game supposed to progress? I want some clarification on "Wanting people to take you at face value is something scum would want." or I'm going to start finding it an opportunistic reach.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:14 pm

[L] wrote:@Surprise_Carcinogen: Quite simply, townies are not concerned with convincing people that they are sincere - they're too busy being paranoid and distrustful. Only scum come out and want to be trusted. That's the difference.
On the other hand, I said this EXACT same thing before about Jase saying "I'm a good player" and was told that an acusation of this sort was scummy. Because town players are too busy to care if other people think they're good, only scum come out and want to be good. I'm not telling you "listen to everything I say." I'm saying if I say something, you disagree, and give me a good reason, and I say "Huh, good point." the "huh, good point" isn't sarcasm. I actually mean "good, fucking, point."

You're taking me grossly out of context to the point of misrepping me, and I dislike that two of you are doing it.

Andrew: the reason it's suspicious that you've been ignoring him is that he's at 4 votes, and is one of MANY people's prime targets of suspicion. You are also shooting yourself in the foot with the second part of what you said, because if you've been reading along, you'd understand perfectly the context of the exchange.

Also, I don't really g et the whole idea of "town aren't concerned with being believed." I kind of think the whole point of making a case is so people believe the same thing you do, and that X is scum. If I didn't expect people to listen to/believe me, I wouldn't end up posting much.

My favorite suspects at the moment are GroupThink, just because we're now a few days into the game, and he's got nothing but a blank vote out on the board. I'd almost accept someone not posting anything up until now because they're busy(easter and all) but to cast a vote without saying SOMETHING is suspect at best. I'm also not liking Andrew too much, but I'm hesitant to say anything concrete just yet as most of it is based on what I suspect to be his play style, as it seems the things I dislike about him are true across all of his plays. I still find it suspect, but not enough to knock GT from my
Fos:GroupThink
. Also, I'm going to
unvote
. Jase's recent posts do such unscummy things as undermining himself in reference to a prior conversation(which was admittedly a pointless one) and attempts to draw people's attention to his own suspiciousness. I'm inclined to think that this is legit town-play, since a scum would try and either deflect or defeat, not ask more people "what do YOU think about me." If he were fishing for scum-assistance, I think it would generally come without being asked for.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Unfortunately, he behaved exactly like this in my last game with him, and his flip was SK, so I have NO idea if this is normal for him or not. I'm inclined to not want to keep him around anyway, but at the same time, I'd rather grab someone that has a good shot at being scum before a policy lynch at this point.

I'm 99.9% sure he means andrew.
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:26 pm

I do still find the same things Jase has done suspect, but at the same time, he's done things that are by FAR more of a town-read then the things he'd done before. I give him a positive score, if slightly. I'm inclined, as I stated, to find andrew suspicious, as he's behaving exactly as I've seen him behave in an anti-town role before, but more to the point, his behavior is u nproductive, and overly defensive, which I consider, again, unhelpful. I'm disliking the latest post by L. He says things like 'I wasn't talking to you' when a perfectly valid answer to something he stated is given, and makes statements like 'your arguments are pointless' with giving opinion. Then, a small bit of fluff on how he's not going to bother commenting or participating because...Image
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:54 am

So...wait, wanting to be believed is bad mafia theory...and...when in god's name did I make a post that suggested I know the lay of the land, and why wouldn't you mention it sooner then now?
Surprise_Carcinogen
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Surprise_Carcinogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:19 am

L asserted that I suggested or implied that I 'knew the lay of the land'. I'm trying to figure out when he thinks I did that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”