Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by Akonas »

I think that early random votes/bandwagons are a great way to get people talking day one. That's the point- so you don't end up with a bunch of people being bored and not knowing what to post.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:41 pm

Post by Akonas »

Hmmm.. I think I'll
vote: Pie is Good
to see how he responds, and because, as he said, "I'm all for random voting/bandwagoning."
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:45 pm

Post by Akonas »

Vote: TSAGod
- you confuse me.

I think that random bandwagoning can be a great tool, as long as it doesn't go too far. People aren't likely to respond to one random vote.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:36 am

Post by Akonas »

That was a well-said second paragraph, Fuldu.

TSAGod, by "not going too far" I mean "not going to a quicklynch within 1-2 votes of a lynch without hearing the bandwagonee out. The point of such is to instigate conversation, which is exactly what it seems to be doing. I never said that bertrand had too many votes; he just doesn't seem scummy at all to me at the moment. TSAGod, however, did seem somewhat scummy, or at least worth following up on.

The sarcasm was forming a puddle
under
your post, not on it:P. </sarcasm> is your friend. Feel free to use it.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:30 pm

Post by Akonas »

^see above - not quoted to save space^
Making an assumption can help you decide who you think is scum - for example, if x really doesn't look scummy at all to me, I take them out of my figuring who is scum, at least for the moment. You don't know who is cop- they're just claimed cop, you can't be sure they really are cop. Constantly stating arguments gets you heard and helps get people thinking, though trolling sucks. Starting a heated argument gets people talking, giving you something to go back and analyze. In my experience, people don't look up a list of standard scum tells to check you- they look at what you said, and if something irks them or rubs the wrong way, then they yell at you. I'm going to keep my vote on TSAGod because what he has said is confusing. If he just rephrased things a little more clearly, that would help a lot.

We do have to consider the possibility of a post restriction, though. I'm not sure what kind of restriction he would have to have to sound like that, but...

on a different note:
Fuldu wrote:Because posting that you're going to think about voting, but not doing it, allows for a later justification of putting a late-bandwagon or lynching vote on. Also, it pushes a bandwagon without actually having to be on it, so if Adele turns out to be pro-town (either by getting lynched or by having this bandwagon die out, but then getting night-killed) and people want to look at the voting record, a scum who said the above wouldn't obviously have been a part of that bandwagon.
I'm kinda confused by what you meant here. Adele said that I voted after her, which I did. It sounds like you're saying that she's not obviously scummy...?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Post by Akonas »

Alright, got it. TSAGod, I was just giving an example of how scum tells are somewhat relative to how the person is acting overall and what you think of them.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Akonas »

Well, I didn't see them making a whole lot of impact towards a lynch, and at the beginning we really have no good reason to bandwagon anyone. Do you have good reasons to be suspicious yet? Apparently only on me, and I'm just trying to get conversation stirred up. Random voting/bandwagoning always helps at the beginning.
As pie said:
Pie_is_good wrote:All I was doing was randomvoting for someone, just like the rest of you. I just "random"voted for someone who already had a few votes.

You random vote people because you say that it's good for getting the game moving. Then I - the horror - use it to get the game moving!
Is this bandwagon about me using someone's own tactic on them after they...didn't get in trouble?

And I wasn't saying that Adele was scummy at all. Just asking for clarification.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:20 pm

Post by Akonas »

ROFL at pie. Bertrand, there is always the possibility of a serial killer or other roles. Also, scum do often try do distance themselves. While it may seem like WIFOM, that doesn't mean that you can ignore it. I know many a game in which scum have even run partners up and gotten them lynched, simply because they are then in a position of trust within the town.

I don't think that my claiming at this point in the game will help us catch scum. It is so easy to fake a claim, what with all the characters in the many comics. And many of them may be neutral, or win purely based on settling grudges with other characters. So I'm just going to say that one of my win conditions is to have all scum eliminated, and town win.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:38 am

Post by Akonas »

And I'm not going to claim. In this game, there's really no reason to, as it won't really gain the town anything.
FoS: Adele
. Why are you pushing for a tell so much?
A claim isn't going to be useful at this point
. And if scum are supposed to kill certain people, then wouldn't having people claim let them know who to nightkill for a win? Seems kind of scummy to me.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:04 am

Post by Akonas »

All I've been doing that makes any of you think me scummy at all is throwing my vote around to generate conversation. And it certainly seems to have worked. Even if I get lynched, it certainly generates some material for the rest of you to go back and look at, and since I'm basically a lame-o townie...
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by Akonas »

Oh, well. I guess agression doesn't work.

*dies*

Go my win conditions!
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Akonas »

I rather liked my death scene. Oh well. Go town!!!
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”