RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:36 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

I too have a posting restriction. I am going to put this out here right now so that everyone knows. Because oF my posting restriction I must be the last person to post on each game day.
Chaos wrote:I don't know exactly how many people would be needed for a double mafia, but I don't think "Killed by the word of God" falls under any vigs/mafia/sk's kill methods that I know of...
I'm guessing that inHimshallibe kills by the word of God. Just a guess, but it makes sense to me.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:40 am

Alright. Random bandwagon
Vote: darquiel
. Just to make something happen.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:12 am

Unvote

Cool role. I apologize. I didn't think about the fact that there were only nine people alive before I put on the third vote. I wouldn't have done it if I actually thought before hand.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:23 am

I knew that I was making the third vote. I didn't think about the Fact that there were only 9 players. For a normal mini, I usually wouldn't be concerned with putting on a third vote. This game, however, had an unusualy high number of night kills. I should have payed more attention, but I didn't. Fortunately, it didn't do much harm.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:49 am

Sorry. My computer doesn't seem to like this game. Every time I try to post, it dies.

@darquiel: Do you know if all the killers are all scum?
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:06 pm

I already claimed part of my restriction. I thought this was Fairly neccessary as it would look pretty suspicious iF I didn't post early in Future days. I'm not sure how knowing the posting restrictions can help the scum. I say that everyone who hasn't claimed theirs yet should claim it now. BTW, the second part of my restriction is that I have to capitalize halF or more of the F's in my posts. I realize that I have Forgotten to do this a couple of times, and have already recieved a warning from the mod.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:47 pm

Excluding darquiel, we have a FiFty percent chance of getting scum today. This seems like pretty good odds. It seems unlikely that there can be this many kills again tommorrow without getting at least one bad guy. It makes sense to me to go aFter someone and, iF we don't believe their claim, to lynch them.
Therefore I will
Unvote
Vote: Chaos
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:11 pm

Let me try to explain the reasoning behind my vote. This game has nine players. I completely believe darquiel’s role claim, which leaves eight players that might be scum(I include myself here, as no one else has any reason to believe I am innocent). According to darquiel, there are four scum. This, as far as I can tell, gives us a fifty percent chance of catching scum if we lynch randomly. What are we waiting for? Do we hope one of the scum will reveal themselves?
Don Gaetano wrote: Heck, with as many killing groups as there seems to be, even the scum are most likely pretty much as clueless as the rest of us. That means that it will probably be hard to find scum based on their posts, since it would seem none of the scum know who the other scum are, and even if two of the scum know each other, that might be hard to spot in a game like this.
This seems to me to sum things up pretty well. With this many killing groups, we will have a hard time spotting standard scum tells. The scum are going to be just as uninformed as the rest of us.
logiticus wrote: If there are 4 killers and 9 people total, this seems like its nearly lynch or lose and its only day one. So lets be careful with bandwagons right now.
It isn’t a lynch or lose. If the scum are in different groups, they will have to be get rid of the other scum groups before they can win. With three out of the four killing, I would assume we have at least three groups. BTW, has anyone ever heard of a mafia group that got more than one kill a night? Is that possible?

I suppose with three votes on me, I should role claim. I am Patrick AKA RolandoftheWhite. I am a townie with postrestrictions.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:31 pm

Crap, that one gets me everytime. I Forgot to capitalize me F's in honor to my title "Roland F. The White"
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:06 am

I'm conFident that scum do have posting restrictions. IF they don't, we have a pretty clear idea of who the scum are. Really, IF you don't believe me, lynch me. I am not a bad lynch for the town, as I have no power role. But I am a townie. We would be better oFF killing someone else, who would likely be scum. IF you believe me, than you have a 4 in 7 chance of catching scum. I'm most suspicious oF LyingBrian right now, so a big
FOS: LyingBrian

I would probably vote For him iF I could.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:06 am

logiticus wrote:Are you just covring all your bases with this statement? I mean what does that maen? You are sure they have restrictions and if they dont have restrictions you are sure who they are?
I apologize. That wasn't very clear. What I'm saying is that iF the scum don't have posting restrictions, they are Far to easy to locate. Four of the 9 of us are claiming posting restrictions if none of the scum had a posting restriction, and we all believe darq's role claim, then we would have the Four scum already picked out. I, however, don't believe this is true. ThereFore, I believe that at least some of the scum have posting restrictions.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:25 am

IF you're going to say that because I'm RotW I'm more likely to be scum, I don't know what to tell you (other than "Why is this game a normal?"). All I know is that I am RotW and am not scum.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:54 pm

I have explained the third vote as thoroughly as I can. Look at post #123 for more details. IF that isn't good enough for you, then lynch me.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:52 pm

This is one way that the mod can allow a pro-town role into the game that is impossible to night kill. We're all set to lynch LB, just because he claimed this role. If the mod knows that the town will assume that there can't be a unkillable role, then he can feel free to put one in, knowing that if anyone claims unkillable townie, the town will assume that their lying and lynch them. Thus the role is killed, making it possible for the mafia to win again. This is something that I wouldn't be at all suprised if raj had put in. As I believe Raj himself stated earlier, don't try to out guess the mod. This game is crazy enough that just about anything can happen.

That said, I'm not sure I believe LB's claim either. In a game with this many killing groups, having a scum that couldn't be night killed would be well within the range of possibility. This could be a ploy that would bring out any potential vig. Of course, unless the unkillable scum had a partner, that wouldn't be useful at all, as he would have no reason at all to be afraid of the vig. Anyway, I don't know if I believe LB, but I don't think that we can be positive that he's lying.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:42 pm

Well at least my posting restriction is conFirmed.:| I apologize once again For my inability to capitalize my F***ing Fs.:oops:

I can't think of any mechanism that could nulliFy the ability. I can't imagine that we have one killing group that can kill multiple times. That, in itselF, would be Far too powerFul. ThereFore, there would always be at most only 1 group oF scum that could possibily win. Don Gaetano is right. IF we assume that raj didn't put in the role assuming it would get lynched, we can't very well believe LB's claim.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:33 am

Having an unkillable scum is unimportant. The primary way to get rid oF scum is by lynching them. A one person scum group that was unkillable is easily balanced baecause of the likelyhood of getting lynched. An unkillable townie is unbalanced because the primary way oF getting rid oF scum is by nightkilling them. IF you disable the scums way oF getting rid oF a townie, it makes it impossible For the town to win. Diabling the scum's way oF getting rid oF a scum only makes it more diFFicult For the opposing scum groups, but doesn't really inconvenience the town at all.
[quote="elvis_knits]HOW ABOUT IF THE SCUM KILL EVERYONE ELSE AND LYNCH LB THE LAST DAY?

LB can be lynched...so they can just lynch him when there's nobody else to prevent it (i.e. other townies). [/quote]
I'm assuming that no scum group could get multiple kills. IF this is true, then there are at least three scum groups. With three scum groups distributed over Four scum that would be at least 2 scum groups that had no chance of winning as they would only have one person apiece. This setup seems unbalanced to me.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:24 am

rajrhcpfreak wrote:DONT QUESTION THE SETUP!!
Than would you mind enlightening us into its intricate details? IF you would simply tell us who the scum were, oh mighty and powerFul moderator, we would have no need oF these risky tactics. IF you, in your benevolence, would see Fit to give us these details, we would be eternally grateFul, oh glorius mod.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #17) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:19 am

I would rather lynch LyingBrian. But that's just me.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:21 am

rajrhcpFreak wrote:DEADLINE TONITE AT 8:30PM
I'm going to assume this is central time. Correct me iF I'm wrong.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:42 am

Can't vote. Sorry. :cry:
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:49 pm

Can't help you out there maybe next round I'll F and vote
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:15 pm

IF the lurkers were scum, they wouldn't have gained very much From getting a no lynch. Unless LB was maFia (and the lurkers and LB were maFia together) they would have been more than happy to lynch him. My best guess is that they just weren't on in time. I must say that the 1 kill tonight is vastly superior to the three kills previously. Assuming that two diFFerent groups targeted Iammars, that means that we probably have at least 1 group that can kill every night. It is possible that the other groups can only kill every other night or something like that. It is also possible that simply had succesFul docs or that 1 or more groups tried to kill LB and Failed. We won't know for sure until darq gets here and lets us know.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:33 am

I would also agree that an unkillable townie is so highly overpowered that it is likely to break the game.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:48 pm

Don Gaetano has been rather consistently gunning For a lynch oF LB. I'm not certain I believe LB's claim either, but it is interesting to note that Don has been an outspoken advocate oF killing him. IF LB's claim is true, he would be a big advantage For the town. Perhaps don wants to be sure oF getting rid oF him as it would be impossible For don to win iF LB is telling the truth.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:11 pm

Let's look at this From both sides:
Reasons to lynch LB:
1. He was very jumpy and voted For various people without giving reasons. As he has claimed this was not a posting restriction, this is somewhat suspicious.
2. His claimed role makes a sk win impossible and thus is unbalanced. Most of the relevant arguments have been supplied by Don Gaetano.

Reasons not to lynch LB:
1. His role, iF true, is very beneFicial to the town. (It does after all, make a sk win impossible :) )
2. IF we have a vigilante, his role might be conFirmable. This is a shaky argument, as I would not encourage a vigilante to come out today. It would do little good. The maFia or sk would just kill them, and LB would remain unconFirmed. We could however, agree to lynch LB tommorrow, unless a vigilante comes Forward tommorrow and says that he tried to kill LB and Failed. This plan is not inFallible, however, as LB could have the ability he claimed, and still be scum. I doubt there is another cop in the game. As such, the role is unlikely to be conFirmable.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:05 pm

I'm sorry chaos, but I don't trust anyone in this game. That's what the game oF maFia is about. I don't trust that LB is telling the truth. I'm not sure iF this means we should lynch him. Yes, yesterday I thought he was the best lynch, because I Felt that we should have lynched, and LB was the scummiest target. Today we have more time to examine arguments. I'm not conFident that LB is scum. I never was. Until he is dead or the game is over, I probably won't be, but I'm trying to think about this logically. What iF LB is telling the truth? IF he is, we have a very powerFul pro-town weapon on our side. The reason I doubt LB is because oF how powerFul this role would be, but iF he is telling the truth, any sk would have to eleminate him in order to win. This is pure speculation, but what iF a sk had tested LB's claim last night and Found it to be true. That would explain why we had only 1 kill last night. The sk would be sure that he had to eleminate LB beFore being able to win the game. He would be particularly eager to lynch LB this round. I noticed that Don Gaetano was particularly eager to lynch LB. He has given good logic, but what iF the reason he is pushing so hard For this lynch is that he needs it in order to win the game himselF. I am not accusing don gaetano. I have no evidence. I merely thought it was an interesting thought that I wanted to think about beFore we rushed into anything.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #26) » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:57 pm

Don Gaetano wrote:Ranger, it would've been extremely stupid For a SK to try to kill LB. Because iF LB is un-nightkillable, he would've thrown his kill away, and iF it did work, LB wouldn't be a problem For him anyway. I'm not saying that it's impossible that a SK tried it, but he would have to be an idiot. Twisted Evil I think it's more likely that the doc got lucky.
Very good point. The more I reread your posts, the more pro-town vibes I'm getting From you. Probably the main reason I posted this whole idea is that I hate trusting my instincts.

MODEDIT: i fixed your tags
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:58 pm

With Fixed tags:
Don Gaetano wrote:Ranger, it would've been extremely stupid For a SK to try to kill LB. Because iF LB is un-nightkillable, he would've thrown his kill away, and iF it did work, LB wouldn't be a problem For him anyway. I'm not saying that it's impossible that a SK tried it, but he would have to be an idiot. Twisted Evil I think it's more likely that the doc got lucky.
Very good point. The more I reread your posts, the more pro-town vibes I'm getting From you. Probably the main reason I posted this whole idea is that I hate trusting my instincts.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #28) » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:16 pm

um, halo Freak, Iammars got killed last night.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:23 pm

sorry halo. You're post was hard to read. I saw the part where you voted Iammars, I didn't notice that second part.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:17 pm

The problem with your arguments is that the mafia don't need to kill LB at night. Any group that has more than one person can just lynch LB in the end game.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #31) » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:49 pm

Mod, I accidentaly copied the unedited version instead of the F ed up version. If you could delete or ignore the first post that would be great.
Chaos wrote: I think RangerOFTheNorth is just trying to get anyone besides himselF lynched.
Right now, I am the only person I know is not scum. I believe that Halo Freak is not scum, but his results could be made up to suit the kills and what seems most likely. Other than that, right now, I would be happier lynching anyone except Halo Freak than myselF. Halo is a lot more useFul than I am, but Halo isn't likely to get lynched here.

Right now I am hearing two diFFerent accusations against me. The First is that I am scum because I am Roland. Against this I cant really deFend. I have claimed my role and you believe that I have that role. I would warn you not to outguess the mod. While you might think that raj would have made roland maFia (looking back I should have seen this) I happen to know that he didn't. Raj seems to have done a lot oF things in this game that you wouldn't expect. Not making roland scum seems Fairly minor in comparison.

The second accusation is that I must be scum because I put the third vote on darquiel. I will readily admit that my reasoning For this wasn't good. Mostly putting the third vote was a result oF not thinking through the repercussions oF my actions. I apologize. This was a mistake, and I can see why it would look scummy.
RangeroFtheNorth wrote:ak"
RangeroFtheNorth wrote:Unvote
Cool role. I apologize. I didn't think about the Fact that there were only nine people alive beFore I put on the third vote. I wouldn't have done it iF I actually thought beFore hand.

Larger bump on the scum graph.
I'm not sure why this makes you more suspicious oF me. I was simply explaining that I made a mistake. I certainly don't think the explanation was more suspicious than the mistake itselF.

LB: IF he is hinting at having some sort oF power, why would he want to come out and say it? I imagine that he has some reason to ask you, and as I Find you way more suspicious than him right now, I think you should answer the question.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #32) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:26 pm

LyingBrian wrote:like i said before, if you believe me, vote for somebody else, you have 4/7 shot of hitting an anti-town role... if you don't, vote for me, it's that simple!
I don't believe you. I think that you are a better lynch today than me. If that means I get lynched tommorrow, so be it.
Vote: LyingBrian

@Chaos: Name claims aren't going to help us much. They won't hurt, but what good would they do? I'm not in favor of them. Allrady, one role has been based on findinf someone else. There could be others, some of which might not be protown. Also, it makes it more likely that you'll lynch someone just because of their claimed name. elvis_knits seems sure that raj, roland, mos and inHim are scum. I would agree that some are, but I know that not all of them are. I don't see any reason to mass name claim.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #33) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:28 pm

LyingBrian wrote: like i said beFore, iF you believe me, vote For somebody else, you have 4/7 shot oF hitting an anti-town role... iF you don't, vote For me, it's that simple!
I don't believe you. I think that you are a better lynch today than me. IF that means I get lynched tommorrow, so be it.

@Chaos: Name claims aren't going to help us much. They won't hurt, but what good would they do? I'm not in Favor oF them. Allrady, one role has been based on Finding someone else. There could be others, some oF which might not be protown. Also, it makes it more likely that you'll lynch someone just because oF their claimed name. elvis_knits seems sure that raj, roland, mos and inHim are scum. I would agree that some are, but I know that not all oF them are. I don't see any reason to mass name claim.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #34) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:45 pm

Whichever one we keep, I'll still have voted For you.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #35) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:05 pm

What is best For the town is lynching scum. Out oF the two choices, you are more likely to be scum. I don't know that you're scum, but I would put money on it. I Found you suspicious even beFore it came down to either you or me. I think you are the best lynch for the town out oF any oF the players alive. The Fact that the alternative is me may have made me put my vote on sooner than I would otherwise have done, but it didn't change the place I would have put it.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:38 am

An enjoyable game, but it should have been a theme

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”