Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Truant »

Why do you think it's suspicious? Do you want to ask me about why I did what I did? Or just sit there pointing fingers without doing anything?
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Truant »

(edit: that was @ Moz)
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Truant »

mozamis wrote:Clam yourself. You must see that voting for someone and then changing it without any reason looks a bit odd. So yes, why did you do that?
My first vote was my random vote (i.e. I wanted to recognize a certain person, say hi, whatever) while my 2nd vote is a more serious vote. What else could it be at this point in the game?
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Truant »

First vote was a salutation, 2nd vote is srs. Didn't want to waste a chance to RVS vote, but it wasn't the time to keep an RVS vote on anybody since I see scumminess.
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Truant »

petroleumjelly wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:Actually, no.

Because this is a themed game, it is actually possible for me to have information relating to BlenBlen. Which is one reason why -- rather than assuming Tuncali "has no idea how this game is played," as you claim -- I asked him his level of experience.
Actually see rule 2?

Anyway I'd like to think that someone postulating that you might be a cop with a night 0 investigation and with the ability to share your results in night 0 is probably very new. Didn't make it any less amusing to read tho :P
You seem to be discounting Day Roles, as well as roles that start the game with information. But that is neither here nor there.

Amrun, I would like four votes for the following four reasons:

1.)
mozamis
2.)
BlenBlen
3.)
Tuncali
4.)
To badger non-posters (currently Magnetic & ender241)
modedit: quote tags fixed
I endorse this idea/product.

Furthermore, yes, the 2nd vote is serious; if you'd like, ignore the first vote/treat it as a separate post with "RVS" in big bold letters all around it, and the 2nd vote is a new post. It really doesn't matter and pestering me about it will do absolutely nothing.
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Truant »

Tuncali wrote:I am sorry if I said something that I was not expected to say. I was just confused as to why several people were so quick to listen to petroleumjelly when he said BlenBlen was a scum. As to your question of me, petroleumjelly, I have little experience in playing this game. The game of Mafia was introduced to me by a student and it is my second game on this site after I was killed in my first one.
It's more that he's one of the scummiest so far (which isn't saying a lot as we're 2 pages into it, and not everyone has posted). Therefore he's deserving of a vote to truly figure out his alignment.
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Truant »

@Meransiel: Kinda what Tuncali said, why are you defending somebody that has probably ~1/4 chance of being scum when you have nothing to prove that he's pro-town?
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Truant »

Meransiel wrote:
Truant wrote:@Meransiel: Kinda what Tuncali said, why are you defending somebody that has probably ~1/4 chance of being scum when you have nothing to prove that he's pro-town?
Because everyone has a right to defend himself. At least, day 1-wise. You don't vote on people that don't post, you ask the mod to prod them and get them replaced. Until that happens, voting for them means voting at random. And that's fairly anti-town (though unavoidable in some cases).

As such, I won't vote for someone that never posted. I suggest you don't rush with that yourself.

@mozamis: your avi is annoying.
Ignoring the overall game-state implications of voting for lurkers; why aren't you voting at all? People are posting, what, if anything, is suspicious to you?
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Truant »

Ignore that, confused you with Moz on the votecount. Moz, why aren't YOU voting?

@Mer: Who would you vote for then if you plan on unvoting?
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Truant »

Yeah, I believe it's commonly referred to as IIoA.

Unvote
Vote: Meransiel
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 am

Post by Truant »

VERY happy with where my vote is at (Meransiel) due to the rolefishing that just went on in 79. Yay for IIoA, defending a scum-lurker-buddy (most likely) and rolefishing within the first 4 pages of a mini theme. I don't know if this could get any easier.

@Blen: What problems are you referring to? Why are problems worthy of a vote?
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Truant »

What other conclusions should I draw from your actions? You're a townie that wants to help scum as much as possible?
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Truant »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Truant, Post 55 wrote:Yeah, I believe it's commonly referred to as IIoA.

Unvote
Vote: Meransiel
Since you've brought up "IIoA" a second time just now in Post 80, Truant, please explain to me (i) what you think "IIoA" is, and (ii) how you think it applies to Meransiel.

I have always thought of "Information without Analysis" to be more of a scumtell when somebody makes a post that
looks
impressive (because of the amount of work it seems that player has put into making their post), but once scrutinized, the post does not actually give that player's personal opinion on anything pertinent.

Meransiel, in my opinion, was making a "policy" argument; which almost by definition is not going to contain an "analysis" on players. My problems with his posts, on the other hand, are (i) I don't think the policy is applicable a few days after a game starts, and (ii) I think Meransiel was using the argument to make himself look Town by talking of justice and fairness.
IIoA to me is a post that doesn't contain anything regarding a position taken on another player, but is used in an attempt to try to *appear* townie.

(Here is the IIoA post for reference)
Meransiel wrote:
Truant wrote:@Meransiel: Kinda what Tuncali said, why are you defending somebody that has probably ~1/4 chance of being scum when you have nothing to prove that he's pro-town?
Because everyone has a right to defend himself. At least, day 1-wise. You don't vote on people that don't post, you ask the mod to prod them and get them replaced. Until that happens, voting for them means voting at random. And that's fairly anti-town (though unavoidable in some cases).

As such, I won't vote for someone that never posted. I suggest you don't rush with that yourself.

@mozamis: your avi is annoying.
The reason it applies is because he's white knighting a cause that is (at the face of it) honorable/townie. However, look at the motivation behind it: townies do not know what alignment belongs to anybody else (barring confirmed masons, N0 cops, whatever else for random roles in all games) and therefore are ultimately suspicious of everybody. Not posting does not set any townie's mind at ease and voting for lurkers when they aren't in any real danger of being lynched shouldn't really bother any town. Those who do vote for them know that if there's decent content out of them then the vote is likely to be moved and there's no harm done, if they don't post they'll be replaced anyways, and if they fold under pressure and claim scum then it's good.

There really isn't a downside to voting for a lurker early on; so if there isn't a downside, why would you be arguing against it? Trying to appear town by defending somebody that you know/highly suspect is town (since they aren't in your scumgroup) or defending/asking for a replacement for a lurker scumbuddy that's only going to be lowering your chances of winning are both plausible explanations for the post when you can't possibly have a solid read on said person since they haven't posted.

So it both doesn't provide anything substantial in game, and has more scum motivation than town motivation.
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Truant »

I like this implosion guy already <3
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Truant »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I read my predecessor's post history and he looks like a total douchebag and obvious scum.

Hi, I'm replacing Magnetic. I replaced in because PJ asked me to and because Shanba is totally Shibby. Let's catch us some scum.
Did you read anything else?
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Truant »

Yup, reliable scumtell, especially after my follow up.

Unvote
Vote: MrBuddyLee
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Truant »

It's not a change of heart, I trust Amished's scumtell (not Arishem) 100% in this occasion. Just because you're "super duper obvious scum" doesn't mean that Mer isn't either.

There can be more that one scum, and now I enjoy seeing you flail.
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Truant »

Sorry for my absence, last two days have been nuts :( Get a post up probably in about 10-12 hours.
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Truant »

Going back to this point that I had brought up so very long ago: Amished's scumtell applies to MBL in this case because there simply isn't town motivation for you to read *only* your predecessor.

When you replace into a game as town, you simply look for scum, right? You normally don't care what was said by "yourself" beforehand as you know it was from town.

When you replace into the game as scum, you have to make sure you *look* town, therefore you're apologetic about your predecessor and typically look over what kind of trouble they got themselves into. I've seen people read a game without looking at their role PM which would make this tell void, but MBL having stated that he only looked at who he replaced invalidates this as well.

MBL strawmanning Amished's tell is cute as well; and something that he would have to do as scum to get away from it. It really wouldn't be hard to find a more elaborate version of his explanation and explaining why he didn't fall under it if he were town, but this was the easiest way for him to try to wiggle out of it.
RAWR!
Truant
Truant
Goon
Truant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Truant »

Meransiel, why would I be a good flip? Why aren't you voting for me if you want to see?

Agree with moz's 260 completely.

@kunkstar7
MrBuddyLee wrote:
I read my predecessor's post history and he looks like a total douchebag and obvious scum.

Hi, I'm replacing Magnetic. I replaced in because PJ asked me to and because Shanba is totally Shibby. Let's catch us some scum.
Followed by:
MrBuddyLee wrote:
Truant wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:I read my predecessor's post history and he looks like a total douchebag and obvious scum.

Did you read anything else?
No, I didn't read at all, actually.
I just checked the first post to see if I was in the right game, and to see if CrashTextDummie had also replaced in as PJ promised. I think PJ may have lied to me, or at least used weaselly legalese, but I'll stick around anyway. I also checked the little dropdown at the bottom of the page and saw my predecessor hadn't posted in this game yet, so I made a smart-ass comment to see who was paying attention. No one really noticed or at least commented on the fact that my predecessor never actually posted in this game. When I said I read his post history, I actually just checked his history outside this game to see why he got banned from the site.

So anyhow, I skimmed this game today and saw some mild protections and some illogical posts and some attacks on said illogical posts. And definitely some noob play--asking someone if they're the cop on the first page? Really? Kids these days.

fos mozamis omgus omgwtf
see i can throw acronyms around too.

I'll read the game more carefully tomorrow--I believe I have lots of free time to waste.
Thank you, Shanba, for not making me scum.
I look forward to nailing a few of these young Turks to the wall before summer dawns. Ribbit.
(the last bolded part of mine irks me but I'll get to that as well.

As for you, kunk: the first two bolded comments are *exactly* what he said. There is absolutely, unequivocally no reason for a townie to check for his/her predecessor *only*. He blatantly admitted to it, bringing attention to it and admitting to not looking at anything else.
RAWR!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”