Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:51 am

Post by Graken »

Thanks for explaining that to me, Halo. I wasn't sure if I was able to investigate before this game started or not. Why do some games allow you to investigate in the start and some not? I'm not sure I understand that too much yet. I'll just go with what you explained for now, but if you could explain that more later, I would appreciate it. I'll post to main thread after I read some more of the rules.

Oh, and yes, I did see that the game just started, thanks for all your help!!!! I look forward to playing on this site. It's a little different then I'm used to.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:07 am

Post by Graken »

Well, looks like my mistake will make me the sacrificial lamb night 1. That's fine, I don't mind being off'd first, I should have payed better attention. I figure this will be a lesson I learn the hard way. My apologies to the rest of the town though.

Anyways, I figure I can still make the most of it during day 1! Woo woo!

Why is everyone voting for Poirot? I understandFalcone, but was your vote, Green Crayons, just a joke or something? I think frivolous bandwagoning can lead to actual mafia bandwagoning, so isn't that a bad idea?
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:19 am

Post by Graken »

Green Crayons, that was a fairly good explaination. Thanks for answering my question. I'd like to place a random vote.

Vote: Shamrock

For not having said anything yet.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:20 am

Post by Graken »

I should clarify, "random" out of the people who haven't said anything yet.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:25 am

Post by Graken »

There was a reason I said that I would end up being the sacrificial lamb on Night 1 because of the mistake I made in posting. My PM states, along with the investigation ability, I have a drawback, I can not be protected at night. So I am actually wondering if there is another cop out there, I hope there is, cause if I am the only one, it would seem rather unfair for the town. I wanted to make sure that I got this information out here. It's pointless to protect me tonight. But nevertheless, I will do a random investigation and share the results if I make it to the next day.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:53 am

Post by Graken »

Poirot wrote:
Graken wrote:Oh, and yes, I did see that the game just started, thanks for all your help!!!! I look forward to playing on this site. It's a little different then I'm used to.
Wait. If he accidentally posted this in the thread, then he would have known that the game was afoot. So why does he say this?
I am not sure what you're saying here exactly. I had this game set to my favorites in my browser so it brought me right to the game. I saw that the game had started. I then logged on, saw that I had a PM from Halo. I read it, and what I accidently posted was meant for Halo's reply.
Poirot wrote:
Graken wrote:I'll post to main thread after I read some more of the rules.
The only way I can see him making this mistake is having multiple windows open simultaneously. So how could he be telling Halo that he would post after sending the pm if he had already started posting? That seems suspicious.
I do the majority of my posting from work, so I do have multiple windows open. But this wasn't a case of having more then one window open for this site, what happened on here was that I copied the text while I was writing it. Before I sent the PM to Halo, I looked through some other games and came back to ours. I then pasted the text back but in the wrong place. I knew what I had done as soon as it happened, but I viewed it and noticed it was on the board and not a PM. I was browsing too much and wasn't paying attention.
Poirot wrote: And look at this:
Graken wrote:It's a little different then I'm used to.
This means that he has already played mafia before-clearly he can't be a novice at this, or else he wouldn't have had any experience and had nothing to be used to. The alternative is the already-stated mafia ruse, and I'm beginning to suspect that Graken may actually be mafia posing as Cop.
To clarify, I have never played mafia before. When I stated that this is a little different then I am used to, I am refering to the interface of this bulletin board, not the game.
Poirot wrote:
Graken wrote:That's fine, I don't mind being off'd first
He's already assuming that he'll be killed Night 1. However, there had only been one reference to his mistake (Green Crayons). I think he either saw this in retrospect and knew immediately what a mistake it was (which would make it seem that he has more experience than he's letting on) or that he's bluffing Cop to float through as Mafia. Gutsy, for sure, but reasonable nonetheless.
I'd also like to clarify that I do make mistakes, but I am not an idiot. I realize that my role having been exposed is not a good strategy. Conversely, if I were mafia, I also know fake claiming cop day 1 is also poor strategy. And on top of this, I have also revealed my drawback which doesn't allow me to be protected.

That means two things, that I am really what I say I am and knew that I was doomed as soon as I realized my posting mistake, or that I am mafia and faking a cop claim. But, if I were mafia, why would I then reveal my drawback?
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:24 am

Post by Graken »

Falcone, I actually agree with your statement. I'll place a vote on Dodgy myself.

Unvote: Shamrock
Vote: Dodgy

I also wanted to state, that I have never played on this site before in any way. The first I even heard of this place was approximately 2 weeks ago.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:29 am

Post by Graken »

Falcone wrote:Therefore, I'm going to ask of Graken that he reveals the flavour of his role, and that he explains why he can't be protected.
I will if the majority of the town wants me to.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:21 am

Post by Graken »

All, I have to travel this weekend and not sure if I will have internet access. I will be back on Monday around noon. I have already let Halo know via PM.

Okay, to flavor claim now. I am The Doomed Hero. Since I can't repeat verbatim, essentially, I get to investigate one player each night. The fruits of your labor are hardly ever praised and accordingly, if your character is protected then it does no good, cause after all, you are doomed to die for the sake of the town. Hopefully, you can do something to help.

Well, hope that helps. I have to split now. I'll see you all on Monday at the latest.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:33 am

Post by Graken »

Hey all, back from the weekend of travel.

Speedy KQ's power is both helpful and detrimental to the town. One problem here is that when I send in my investigation, if Speedy KQ targets the same person, I will get a bogus result. I think what be a good idea is if if doesn't say who he will target before the day ends. Reason for this is that there might be a mafia cop as well. His power seems like it could mess with both the town and mafia.

So when Day 2 starts, I will state who I targeted first, but won't reveal the results. Speedy KQ only reveals if he targeted the same person I did. But he doesn't reveal who he targeted. In this scenario, if there is a mafia cop, they won't know if they got a real result or not.

This really only works if everyone still believes I'm a townie. So what I propose is this, the mafia would be "error in judgement" if they didn't kill me off, but may take the gambit that I could be lynched by the town cause I may look mafiaish if I survive the first night. So, what I propose is this, if I survive to Day 2, I demand that everyone vote for me, but not before I reveal Night 2's investigation results. This way, everyone will know that all my results are real.

I think this is fairly foolproof.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Post by Graken »

I also agree with the synopsis that Speedy's role really doesn't help the town as much as it could help the mafia. Also not understanding why he roleclaimed for no reason at all. His plan also makes him able to dodge any investigation if I were to investigate him.

Unvote: Dodgy
Vote: SpeedyKQ
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:45 am

Post by Graken »

To answer your question, GC, when I investigate, I am told if a player is town or not town.
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:40 am

Post by Graken »

That's only 6 votes. Adele was just confirming her vote.

In order of votes placed on SpeedyKQ:

Falcone
Dodgy
Poirot
Graken
Adele
BabyJesus
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:14 pm

Post by Graken »

That should be the seventh vote. Before the day ends here, I just wanted to get in a final word since I probably will not be with you all tomorrow. It's been fun, I hope the town wins!
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:27 am

Post by Graken »

From the dead. I was told that I was a townie in my role PM
Graken
Graken
Townie
Graken
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:51 am

Post by Graken »

Halo, that's not the only mistake you made. My role stated that I was only a townie, and that's it. There was never mention of me being a doctor. That ploy at the start of the game was a setup by me to out myself so the mafia would kill me night 1. A doctor not being able to save me was also made up so the doctor would not waste a save on me. I was sacrificing myself for the town.

In Night 1, Halo, PM'd me with:

Oh crap. The idea was that you were a townie until the word doc was mentioned in the thread. When it was i was to tell you that you were a doc. The word doc was mentioned but i forgot to tell you but since it was you who died you wouldn't have been able to stop that death from happening. So i guess you not knowing doesn't really affect the game. Sorry i didn't tell you during the day but the entry at the start of day is correct.

Halo

Also, thanks for being a hypocrite, Adele. You told me not to talk after daeth, and yet the day after you died, you posted. Nice, keep up the hypocracy, looks good on you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”