New Designer Mafia (Victor(s) are crowned)

Fashion Llama
Fashion Llama
Townie
Fashion Llama
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Fashion Llama »

Vote Count

Olinea (4) - DemonHybrid, Tasky, WhenInRome, brokenscraps
Xalxe (4) - Internet Stranger, zoraster, StrangerCoug, DeathNote
Zajnet (1) - Xalxe
WhenInRome (1) - Sevei
DemonHybrid (1) - ender241

Not Voting (10) - Plum, populartajo, Zajnet, Nocmen, danakillsu, ribwich, Thingyman, Furcolow, Fishythefish, Olinea
Last edited by Fashion Llama on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:03 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Please answer my question/s Is your entire case based around the assumption that I am a Detonator?

If so, when I prove that I am not a Detonator, is this grounds to remove your vote?
Yes. And yes.

But therein lies the problem; you've already proven that you ARE the detonator. And your post:
I am not a detonator.

Mods might have changed that mechanic to PMing.
shows that you are lying.

And because you are lying, you should die. And that's why I'm voting you.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Olinea »

Mods: Can we get a prod on Furcolow?

~Furcolow was prodded to let him know the game started already. If he has not posted by tomorrow I will officially prod him and others who have not yet posted

Yeah, he's the one who can clear me.

@DH: How is that indicative of lying?
Last edited by Fashion Llama on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:25 am

Post by ender241 »

MOD: My name is Ender241, not 421.

~Fixed
Last edited by Fashion Llama on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:27 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Zajnet wrote:@SC: How is ender obvtown?
He pointed out how the Olinea wagon is scum-driven better than I could say it.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Zajnet »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Zajnet wrote:@SC: How is ender obvtown?
He pointed out how the Olinea wagon is scum-driven better than I could say it.
Thanks, that's what I figured but I wanted to make sure. I'm leaning town on him myself for the same reason.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Zajnet wrote:
Xalxe wrote:
Zajnet wrote:Random FoS for Sevei for his/her last post.
There shouldn't be anything random here at this point.

Hey guys, I caught a live one here!

VOTE: Zajnet
bahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahhhhh

Random = tacked on at the end of my post and unrelated to the other stuff I was talking about.
It was a very real FoS because of his vote for WheninRome.

And even if it was random in the sense that you mean, that was my first post. To me, the game has just started.
Then please say that so I don't suspect you--oops, too late.
Zajnet wrote:
Xalxe wrote:
Zajnet wrote:I wish I had gotten a PM that D1 had started before yesterday afternoon, but oh well.

There are so many things wrong with this game already...
Claiming roles is pointless, detracts from discussion, and creates confusion that only helps the scum. FoS: Xalxe and Zoraster for that reason.
No. Also, you can vote, y'know. Using FoS's this early is scummy.
What point is there to claiming roles? How does it add to real discussion? How does it not create confusion?

How is using FoS's this early scummy?
Using an FoS without a vote indicates unwillingness to vote. Only scum are unwilling to vote.
Zajnet wrote:
Xalxe wrote:
Zajnet wrote:There probably are multiple power roles that daykill. And why does everyone seem to think that whoever killed chess was scum?
Erm...because they killed a fairly random player with no discussion? If it's not scum, it was certainly an anti-town player.
Zajnet wrote:Does that mean that everyone who voted for him was scum?
False dilemma.
Scum wouldn't want to kill chess this early because he was a random player. Random players are useful for the scum to hide behind. I can see a townie killing chess more than I can see a scum killing him because he was a fairly random player.

Please elaborate on this "false delimma."
A false dIlemma is when a player sets up two statements in an absolute fasion so players are forced to choose, i.e. "Either you're scum or I am!" when in fact both could be true.

You've set up "Either scum killed him or everyone on his wagon should be lynched!" Wrong.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by populartajo »

im here rereading and such
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Furcolow »

two dead already? agh
I'd like to know what crazy setup we have, with user submissions - There could be anything out there.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Olinea »

Alright, so this is the only way to get the wagon off of my back -- I've seen what happens when DemonHybrid tunnells and it ain't good.

Furcolow, vote for me.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Zajnet »

Xalxe wrote:Then please say that so I don't suspect you--oops, too late.
It didn't even cross my mind that someone might interpret that as a random FoS as part of the RVS. I tend to use the word random when I append something unrelated to the end of a post. Because it's random in the context of my post.
Xalxe wrote:
Zajnet wrote:
Xalxe wrote:
Zajnet wrote:I wish I had gotten a PM that D1 had started before yesterday afternoon, but oh well.

There are so many things wrong with this game already...
Claiming roles is pointless, detracts from discussion, and creates confusion that only helps the scum. FoS: Xalxe and Zoraster for that reason.
No. Also, you can vote, y'know. Using FoS's this early is scummy.
What point is there to claiming roles? How does it add to real discussion? How does it not create confusion?

How is using FoS's this early scummy?
Using an FoS without a vote indicates unwillingness to vote. Only scum are unwilling to vote.
I really don't like how you avoided my questions. Enough to:

VOTE: Xalxe

You're probably going to say that I'm voting someone now to make it seem like I'm not unwilling to vote. The truth is that I was never unwilling to vote, I was just waiting for someone who pinged my scumdar hard enough to warrant my one and only vote. You see, I have multiple FoS's, but only one vote, and if nothing stands out, why should I use my singular vote on someone who I don't feel should be lynched any more than other people?
Xalxe wrote:
Zajnet wrote:
Xalxe wrote:
Zajnet wrote:There probably are multiple power roles that daykill. And why does everyone seem to think that whoever killed chess was scum?
Erm...because they killed a fairly random player with no discussion? If it's not scum, it was certainly an anti-town player.
Zajnet wrote:Does that mean that everyone who voted for him was scum?
False dilemma.
Scum wouldn't want to kill chess this early because he was a random player. Random players are useful for the scum to hide behind. I can see a townie killing chess more than I can see a scum killing him because he was a fairly random player.

Please elaborate on this "false delimma."
A false dIlemma is when a player sets up two statements in an absolute fasion so players are forced to choose, i.e. "Either you're scum or I am!" when in fact both could be true.

You've set up "Either scum killed him or everyone on his wagon should be lynched!" Wrong.
You've used that trick again where you ignore something I say while responding to something else.

Anywho, I wasn't setting up a false dilemma. I was saying that by assuming that scum killed him, you were setting up a false dilemma.
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Olinea wrote:Alright, so this is the only way to get the wagon off of my back -- I've seen what happens when DemonHybrid tunnells and it ain't good.

Furcolow, vote for me.
Olinea, so help me god, if you're lying as town and you want to die just to prove a point, you have no clue how angry I'll be.

You want this one.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Olinea »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Olinea wrote:Alright, so this is the only way to get the wagon off of my back -- I've seen what happens when DemonHybrid tunnells and it ain't good.

Furcolow, vote for me.
Olinea, so help me god, if you're lying as town and you want to die just to prove a point, you have no clue how angry I'll be.
Sigh.

Seeing as how this is inevitable now that I've aked Furcolow to vote for me, I'll fullclaim.

Claim:
Yosarianite

At the beginning of the game, and every night, I may choose one player. That player will not be able to vote for me for the day. I chose Furcolow as he is the only one in the game I've played with before -- Rivertown Mafia, in which he accidentally mis-voted me in LyLo for a quickhammer. I mostly chose him since I was working off of literally 0 knowledge and he's the only one I have game ties to.

I crumbed the claim in my first post when I put (shrug), which is Yosarian2's custom title.

When Furcolow votes for me today, it won't count, hence why I asked him to vote for me. I'm not giving up and I'm not suicidal. I'm trying to stop this damn wagon which is under the assumption that I'm a Detonator and went after chesskid but this appears to be the only way to prove I'm not.

If anyone would like to confirm submitting the Yosarianite as a role, please do.
GreyICE:
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by zoraster »

I didn't realize we were claiming at L-7 now.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Olinea »

I'm claiming to get DemonHybrid to stop tunnelling on me.

Of course it's not going to be precedent or anything.
GreyICE:
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Olinea wrote:I'm claiming to get DemonHybrid to stop tunnelling on me.

Of course it's not going to be precedent or anything.
That's a dumb reason.

Can we get Furcolow to confirm this and get the person who submitted the role to confirm as well?

You want this one.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I see no motivation in claiming or 'confirming' this, as he could very easily be scum claiming this
I want to see how the game has played out before I pick any sides. So far, I see a person pro-me-voting-olinea. Any against? I want to catch up before I hammer, or vote him, in case he is lying.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Furcolow....

....oh right, now I remember you. You're a VI.

Vote Olinea. Please confirm this.

You want this one.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Furcolow »

demonhybrid, fallacious arguments really win people over, don't they?
do you believe olinea detonated? Why is it impossible for his partner to have chosen someone to not have a vote? That seems like a useful ability for scum!

I'm not trusting this situation.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

-_-

It's not about the alignment, it's about the role. All you have to do is vote him, wait for a votecount, and then unvote him.

You want this one.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by Furcolow »

ill probably vote someone else to make sure i can, first
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Olinea »

Fair enough.

You're only confirming my role. I intend to confirm my alignment with my play.

In the meantime let me play catchup with the other stuff that's been going on.
GreyICE:
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I'm not confirming your role, even if this little gimmick is true, which I believe it will be even if you don't have the ability and are scum. Do scum have daytalk? If they do, or even if you got to talk before the night ended, you could know that I didn't have a vote as a result of your scum partner having taken my vote away from me so that it could be then used as a double voter by your team.

Even IF you are town, with this ability, you've done nothing but hurt us so far. I really doubt you had it, as when you bolded the word detonate, I fully expected CoolDog to die. Guess what happaned on the same page? CoolDog died. I'm not buying your votecount defense, as the mod could have been taking his time for an awesome writeup (thanks for hosting, by the way!)

First, basically, I'm going to confirm my vote. I will then, possibly, place it on you, though I am seeing this as pointless and not indicative of your role or alignment whatsoever. There are simply too many explanations. The fact you have this knowledge, to me, seems like to much. However, I would be willing to let you stick around and get rolechecked.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Olinea »

Then vote for someone else and watch your vote function as normally, then unvote, vote for me, and you'll find you can't vote me.

Also,
The fact you have this knowledge, to me, seems like to much.
Which knowledge? The knowledge of my role?

Zajnet wrote:FoS: Xalxe and Zoraster for that reason.
Technically Zoraster brought the idea up in the pre-game thread before the setup was made, so you really can't say there was scum motivation in that.
Xalxe wrote:Using an FoS without a vote indicates unwillingness to vote. Only scum are unwilling to vote.
This is untrue. I've never been scum, but I tend to be very conservative in voting. I'd think a tendency to be unwilling to vote reflects on the player's style rather than their alignment.
GreyICE:
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by Furcolow »

your knowledge of claiming this, when me lacking a vote has more explanations than your role.
Who do you plan on using it on next? How can your ability be used for the town? I find nearly
all
powers that alter voting mechanics to be scummy, generally.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”