Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No. I had 3 abilities. Logically, you should have had five, all the ones I had, plus Ability remover from when chkflip died and Doctor from when Parama died. Yet you claim 2.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Agree with Vi, it doesn't make sense for DGB to lie about the Removed-from-game JOAT, but it does make sense for her to lie about the purge, and nothing she's done today has alleviated concerns related to that.
Vote: DGB
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Saint »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:*ignoring it completely and continuing as if it weren't there, because it's completely indefensible[/i][/color]
Because you can't lynch me today anyway, on account of the ability I've been passed. And if you can convince a lot of players of what you are trying to convince them of, it's going to make it doubly useful.
Ah, THERE's your defense... so to speak.

You and pops have already detailed that to some extent we can pick up abilities that people were holding when they died, so yes, we CAN lynch you.

---

pops - I thought I understood what's going on here, but the line of thought I was working with still leads to an inconsistency. At this point I think it's probably better to just lynch the scum and see what comes up on a future Day.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by implosion »

I Am Innocent wrote:@ Everyone, please state in your next post if you think at this point in the game, whether we should mass claim our roles from D1/N1 & D2/N2? And why you feel that way.
I've been thinking about this since early game. I'm not totally opposed to it, however one of the abilities I've had over the course of the game would have some possible negative repercussions if fully claimed (probably not, but maybe). Note: it isn't one of the abilities that we've been discussing today. I'd still probably overall be in favor of a d1/d2 massclaim. It could drastically simplify everything.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by implosion »

ckd wrote:please explain to me how claiming is scummy
What reason does a town player have to say "hey guys, i'm a power role right now, scum can get rid of it by killing me tonight?" In effect, that's what claiming a power role does.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

implosion wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:@ Everyone, please state in your next post if you think at this point in the game, whether we should mass claim our roles from D1/N1 & D2/N2? And why you feel that way.
I've been thinking about this since early game. I'm not totally opposed to it, however one of the abilities I've had over the course of the game would have some possible negative repercussions if fully claimed (probably not, but maybe). Note: it isn't one of the abilities that we've been discussing today. I'd still probably overall be in favor of a d1/d2 massclaim. It could drastically simplify everything.
This is how I feel. I guess if there was an ability that we really were not sure about, I would say err on the side of caution and keep that one quiet.

But other ones, we might as well come out on. Saint/Furc already said he was a roleblocker, so we might as well fill the blanks with that.

The role you sent to me N2 that I passed on N3 is another one that I think we should out. Not sure I should take my information to the grave, you know? What are your thought on this role being outted?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

implosion wrote:
What reason does a town player have to say "hey guys, i'm a power role right now, scum can get rid of it by killing me tonight?" In effect, that's what claiming a power role does.
QFT

The three players with votes currently are the best 3 candidates today. I am curious to see where everyone lines up on these three, as I doubt all 3 are scum...

@Pops and DGB, are you really suggesting that abilities that left with the dead players, like the double voter, were brought back into the game???
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

I Am Innocent wrote:
implosion wrote:
This is how I feel. I guess if there was an ability that we really were not sure about, I would say err on the side of caution and keep that one quiet.

But other ones, we might as well come out on. Saint/Furc already said he was a roleblocker, so we might as well fill the blanks with that.

The role you sent to me N2 that I passed on N3 is another one that I think we should out. Not sure I should take my information to the grave, you know? What are your thought on this role being outted?
EBWOP - FILL IN THE BLANKS means just D1 - D3, we need to continue to keep quiet on where those roles are currently.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

they aren't launched back into the game, the way the void thing sounds like it works. You use them from outside the game. Cept the virus which seems like a passive thing gets converted into more like a virus launcher where you pick someone to infect. That's why I tried to conceal the role for a while, tree stump might work the same way.
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Saint »

I Am Innocent wrote:But other ones, we might as well come out on. Saint/Furc already said he was a roleblocker, so we might as well fill the blanks with that.
...Really?

Well, you couldn't have guessed it on your own, so yes. I initially thought the Roleblock stopped the kill N3, but that didn't mesh with LMP claiming it, so.

Saint blocked DarlaBlueEyes N1. (Yes, I know.)

they aren't launched back into the game, the way the void thing sounds like it works. You use them from outside the game. Cept the virus which seems like a passive thing gets converted into more like a virus launcher where you pick someone to infect. That's why I tried to conceal the role for a while, tree stump might work the same way.
As I thought.
In addition, the contradiction between your claim and Goofball's is neatly resolved by assuming that once offered, the roles are gone for good.
But that doesn't explain how LMP was able to stop the kill, again.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

popsofctown wrote:they aren't launched back into the game, the way the void thing sounds like it works. You use them from outside the game. Cept the virus which seems like a passive thing gets converted into more like a virus launcher where you pick someone to infect. That's why I tried to conceal the role for a while, tree stump might work the same way.
My understanding of how the void ability work is that you bring the ability back into the game.
When you use it power you have to give it to someone.
So it is possible for someone to have brought the Double Voter back, or is that not in the void?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There's 3 zones, in play, in the void, and removed from gameplay. The third zone is such a great name for stuff that one of the roles in the game can still interact with, mirite? The role I had day 1 can use one power from the removed from gameplay zone . It doesn't put it back into play, you just use it, you investigate someone, or jailkeep someone, or what have you.

Passive abilities get awkwardly converted into some active form so that they'll fit the mold. The virus ability was turned into an active of "oh you infect someone with the virus", which is different than what parama started D1 with. Double voting was just straight up, "hey, if you use me, you can double vote tomorrow". Double vote was secret and rather ominous and could very much evilhammer so DGB gets (not enough) town points for not picking it.
"Well, I..."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by implosion »

IAI wrote:The role you sent to me N2 that I passed on N3 is another one that I think we should out. Not sure I should take my information to the grave, you know? What are your thought on this role being outted?
Yeah. Definitely a role that should be outed. It's a tracker. I didn't get anything useful out of it. Forgot to mention, other reason that I figure it's a good idea to massclaim roles is that if you think about it, each role only needs to be in mafia hands once for the whole mafia team to learn about it. On the other hand, when a role goes to a townie, only that townie learns about it. So massclaiming essentially gives us information about the setup that the mafia will likely already have known.

Also, I had the roleblocker last night. I epically failed and blocked Nero Cain >_<.
I Am Innocent wrote:
implosion wrote:
QFT

The three players with votes currently are the best 3 candidates today. I am curious to see where everyone lines up on these three, as I doubt all 3 are scum...
We aren't lynching pops btw. I'm fairly confident that pops is town. DGB, i'm not sure about at the moment. ckd is scum. He dies today, regardless of the role he's carrying.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by LimMePls »

If I were to vote now, it would be ckd. Are we voting?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by implosion »

LynchMePls wrote:If I were to vote now, it would be ckd. Are we voting?
I don't think we need to yet. Still time to organize, tally abilities, and claim any useful early-day abilities.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Saint »

If you'll go back to when DBE was lynched, and correlate my posts on her on who she protected, you will see I was suspicious of her claim.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

DGB has either lied too much to live, or hasn't. It seems like a rather binary thing to me atm. On the basis of her play it's not that scummy of a slot (though I gotta admit D1 sk lateralus looks so pieces-in-place), but lying about role info/having an irreconcilable story trumps all else because it's linked to mod info. I'm not saying we're absolutely lynching DGB today, because her play has been so bizarre that her producing a straight story out of nowhere wouldn't surprise me, but people who want to lynch non-DGBs need to explain to me how DGB purged someone N2 with a power no one wants to claim having ever held.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

implosion wrote:
IAI wrote:The role you sent to me N2 that I passed on N3 is another one that I think we should out. Not sure I should take my information to the grave, you know? What are your thought on this role being outted?
Yeah. Definitely a role that should be outed. It's a tracker. I didn't get anything useful out of it. Forgot to mention, other reason that I figure it's a good idea to massclaim roles is that if you think about it, each role only needs to be in mafia hands once for the whole mafia team to learn about it. On the other hand, when a role goes to a townie, only that townie learns about it. So massclaiming essentially gives us information about the setup that the mafia will likely already have known.
From the perspective of a townie holding a useful pro town ability, s|he wouldn't expect that a scum player has ever held that ability, because it's not in the void. Something to consider.
"Well, I..."
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Saint »

//We've developed an entirely new program
MS1775305
. We needed to put together the most proficient team for this one, and with you being one of the most prominent Eruci...you're in it.

MS1775305
- DrippingGoofball
[Lateralus22][TheLonging]
[Online.]
SK or Town Hero?

Either way, I want to lynch scum-mafia, not scum-SK. Leave DGB for later.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Saint »

unvote
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by q21 »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Catching up…

Was right about TMH, and am I shocked that IAI is back to attacking me again?...no.

Though his lack of vote today (right out of the gate) looks townish..the q21 attack out of no where, looks quite fucking interesting though…where did that come from? Looks like scum knew the wagon was going to start on me and wanted to get on it early without drawing too much attention.

Big FOS for q21.
Bunnylover wrote: At the moment, I am not liking CKD post at all.
as my second scum suspect yesterday after tmh, this doesnt surprise me in the least....maybe you want to go into it a little more...what didnt you like...my suspicion about TMH?..my suspicion in you?....maybe the fact I have been busy?

implosion wrote: Can we lynch him? Seriously, he didn't pass the stump to TMH, he failed the plan after I posted it in giant can't-miss letters... I honestly think the only reason he's saying he has an ability so that we don't lynch him, whether or not he actually has an ability.

VOTE: CKD

HOLY FUCKING SHIT?...ummmm....you know i have an ability(tells you what I got)....so you need to explain this vote?

---I did not nor have not purged anyone---

Top scum suspects?.....Bunnylover, Q21 (for random vote out of the gate for no fucking reason), and Implosion (also I obvious didn’t read your “plan”, please explain to me how claiming is scummy?...this is a weak vote to get onto a hot wagon).

Vote pending on answered questions.

also I want to reread the events of yesterday again.....
While I do think you're scummy CKD, at least for not passing the stump to TMH, the reason for the timing of my vote and the fact that I didn't bother to supply reams or reasoning is that I was making a vote to prove that I can't vote today.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Saint wrote:*ignoring it completely and continuing as if it weren't there, because it's completely indefensible[/i][/color]
Because you can't lynch me today anyway, on account of the ability I've been passed. And if you can convince a lot of players of what you are trying to convince them of, it's going to make it doubly useful.
I'm the only one today who's role makes me literally unlynchable. Even if you have a very protown power we have to weigh the value of that against someone who is looking increasingly like a SK. And now we learn that apparently dead powers aren't 100% gone anyway... which you knew when you made this post.
Saint wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:But other ones, we might as well come out on. Saint/Furc already said he was a roleblocker, so we might as well fill the blanks with that.
...Really?

Well, you couldn't have guessed it on your own, so yes. I initially thought the Roleblock stopped the kill N3, but that didn't mesh with LMP claiming it, so.

Saint blocked DarlaBlueEyes N1. (Yes, I know.)

As I thought.
In addition, the contradiction between your claim and Goofball's is neatly resolved by assuming that once offered, the roles are gone for good.
But that doesn't explain how LMP was able to stop the kill, again.
The contradiction isn't sorted out quite that easily, Saint, since both pops and DGB were apparently offered the double vote.

implosion - should I claim my day 1 role... I get the impression that that's the role you're suggesting is kept quiet.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:17 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

unvote Pops

My new top 2 is CKD & Q21.

I like Saint/Furcs call that DGB is likely an SK or Town Hero. They live for one more day, which makes CKD the lynch today. I am not ready to vote yet.

I was a Tracker N3, and I tracked BunnyLover and got nothing. All my other roles from D3 & earlier have been outted already (Hibernate, Void Collector, Tree Stump)

Understanding what Pops and DGB have been saying,
I am guessing LynchMe, you used that power for the Doctor Ability? Who did you protect N3?

@Pops, DGB, and LynchMe, please list the name of the ability (only one of you have to do that) and the abilities you got to choose from each night. I want to verify the list. (Preferably Pops first, then DGB, then LynchMe)

Implosion, who did you track? I will be updating my chart with this new information.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Roles that could determine a lack of scum teammates:

Treestump: Implosion -> Curiouskarmadog -> I Am Innocent -> q21
Day Vig:
diddin
->
themanhimself
(stole the ability) -> StrangerCoug/randomly sent to WC -> WrathChild
Void Collector: (nobody D1) -> I Am Innocent -> StrangerCoug ->
Hibernate Ability:
quadz08
->
MOI
/Void/Collected by I Am Innocent -> Implosion ->
?: popsofctown (Virus) -> DrippingGoofball (DoubleVoter)/randomly sent to LynchMe -> LynchMePls -> ?
?: Bunnylover -> nhammen -> Saint -> ?
Tracker: q21/nhammen -> Implosion -> I Am Innocent (Bunny) -> ?
?: q21/nhammen -> Implosion -> popsofctown -> ?
Roleblock: Saint (DBE) -> q21 -> Implosion (NC) -> ?
Purge Ability?: ? -> DrippingGoofball -> ? -> ?

Night 3 Actions to pass along

LynchMePls: had one power role D3
popsofctown: had one power role D3
Saint: had one power role D3
StrangerCoug: had one power role D3 (two if you count the dayvig randomly being sent)
I Am Innocent: had two power roles D3
Implosion: had two power roles D3

nhammen: Vanilla Town D3
Curiouskarmadog: Vanilla Town D3
WrathChild: Vanilla Town D3
DrippingGoofball: Vanilla Town D3
q21: Vanilla Town D3
BunnyLover: Vanilla Town D3

When Day 5 happens we should do the following in order:

1) Everyone in their first post state who they sent an ability to Night 3
2) Once
everyone
has completed step #1, then everyone come forward on whether they had a power role Day/Night 4 or not.

***IAI, SC, Saint, WC, LynchMePls, q21, Implosion, nhammen, popsofctown, BunnyLover, Curiouskarmadog, have all claimed not to have purged Nero Cain
That leaves just DrippingGoofball, who should not have been able to purge as he took credit for the night before... :?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 am

Post by Saint »

drip is eruci according to the op
not daevori
rambo, perhaps
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Saint wrote:drip is eruci according to the op
not daevori
rambo, perhaps
Not sure what he is, but as long as it is just "questionable" or scum players getting taken out, he can live in my book. I see a very town player get purged, he is gone. (hint hint, q21/treestump is a very questionable person, hint hint)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”