Deadline Lynching? Part II

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Which deadline lynching rule favours the town?

The "half a regular majority required rule" favours the town
41%
The "full majority required rule" favours the town
41%
Neihter rule favours the town more than the other
18%

Total votes: 22

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

It depends. Half-majority lynches are much easier for scum to manipulate; the scum often have a half-majorty by themselves. On the other hand, requiring a full majority is hard if there are several inactive townies.

(shrug) I would say a half-majority is better for the town. After all, even if it's a half majorty lynch, the town could still put together a full majority 5 minutes before the deadline anyway, right?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:18 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

CoolBot wrote:Deadline lynches hurt the town, and I really can't see a way they can't be. So the town has a good incentive not to reach the deadline, and start voting. Deadlines shouldn't be short, since that only encourages panic voting, but a proper deadline can jumpstart the game.
(shrug) I've got to say, though, some of the most fun I've had in mafia games has happend during the crazy scramble to try to put something together when there's 6 hours left until deadline and the main bandwagon up until that point has just suddenly turned out to be a confirmed good guy. That's why I like the half-lynch better; it really gives the town mor options when that kind of thing happens, and can make the run-up to a deadline a lot more exciting, especally if you've already got enough votes on you for a deadline lynch and have a limited time left to convince some people to unvote you...
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Mafia Discussion”