Deadline Lynching? Part II

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Which deadline lynching rule favours the town?

The "half a regular majority required rule" favours the town
41%
The "full majority required rule" favours the town
41%
Neihter rule favours the town more than the other
18%

Total votes: 22

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I keep meaning to post the "plurality deadline" that I stole from DS & Polotet to the wiki...anyway, here it is:

Normal lynching rules apply under normal circumstances (more than 50% of the players voting for someone). Deadline means that half the prior number of votes are required (rounded up), but the player who is to be lynched still has to have 50% or more of the
cast votes
It's easier to see than explain, which is part of why I haven't posted it yet:

If there are 15 living players, 8 would lynch normally, and 4 votes minimum will lynch under deadline. However if 5 or more other votes are scattered about, there's no consensus of the group and no lynch occurs. 4 other votes (even if they are all on one person, achieved later) would still result in a lynch. If 6 votes are cast for one person but everyone else (9 people) are scattering their votes, still
no lynch
. Usual rules about ties apply.

I find this allows players to help decide a lynch even without actively voting, by removing support from someone else. It also makes people take a more definitive stance on whether to lynch or not, which helps the town slightly to offset the ability of scum to manipulate reduced lynching numbers. So far it's had about 50%/50% success in killing scum at deadline, but it's a small sample.

P.S. With the pace of games on this site, I can't really see measuring anything in hours and having it be fair. Even I can't get on for 12-24 hours at a time, sometimes.
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”