Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Mina »

Dammit, I missed the RVS. So much for my opportunity to vote CooLDoG for being an obvious wolf.

VOTE: GhostWriter

It makes me sad to do this when you actually said something negative about AKnottedRope, but opportunistic wagon hop putting Katsuki at L-2 from someone complaining about premature wagons is opportunistic.
Aloha folks. So, now that we are out of RVS, I do believe that VOTE: Katsuki is the play here. I do not like that a fluke was brought up as a legitimate reason to RVS wagon all the way to a lynch. This is not that game.
Can you elaborate on this, please? I read this post several times, but it makes my head hurt.

Katsuki voted Mariyta for unvoting (and I understand why someone might find that a scumtell in the early game, although more on Mariyta and Kat in my next post). The link was obviously just saying, "Ha ha! It
is
possible to catch scum in the RVS!" Where does he advocate pushing an RVS wagon "all the way to a lynch?" I thought the link was just him saying that it's possible to catch scum in the RVS. It comes across as though you skimmed and don't fully understand the reasoning behind the Katsuki wagon.

I'd also vote for AKnottedRope at this point, for basically the exact same reasons that Mariyta did. Also, popping up when someone calls your name just to say, "Why aren't you attacking this other guy instead?" is suspicious. And lastly:
AKnottedRope wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:Also why would we assume 10:3 mountainous? Did I miss a memo?
Also this is a very valid point.
I love that after being called on fluff posting, he bravely decides to devote a whole sentence to scumhunting. And his valuable contribution is to agree with a single sentence of UncertainKitten's. So, uh, what's valid about that point? Yes, obviously, we can't assume a 10:3 mountainous. So does this make StrangerCoug more likely to be scum for his assumption? Less so? Why is that the only thing worth commenting on in the thread?

I understand that it's too much work for you to come up with your
own
valid points. But has someone at least made a valid point related to someone else's alignment (as opposed to the set-up) that you can mindlessly sheep so as to look contributive?

...Okay, wow. I actually didn't notice how scummy that AKR post was when I'd voted for GW above. But hang on. Let me try this, first.

havingfitz is useless, Untrod Tripod gives me weird vibes (his attack on AGM "setting himself up to vote UT later" and babbling about fake scumhunting was terrible), and AGM and StrangerCoug have said stuff that drew my attention. Need more from Zang and obviously Reckamonic to judge.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Mina »

Untrod Tripod wrote:
vote Reck obvscum
unvote, vote Katsuki

go go gadget bandwagon
No, seriously. You're not allowed to get away with that.

Between these two posts, Katsuki did not post once. However, two players moved their votes to him.

Why do you find Katsuki scummy? Why didn't you vote for him right off the back--or even mention why you found him scummy in the first place--instead of waiting for momentum to build on his wagon? What makes you think Katsuki is a good wagon at this stage?
AlmasterGM wrote:But me personally, I don't care much about that. I'm liking my vote on Mariyta right now. Because this "people haven't posted" thing when it's page 2 and half the playerlist hasn't posted is 1) silly 2) forced scumhunting 3) smells like fake trying to appear town.
Mariyta was the one who voted AKR for having posted only fluff. CooLDoG was the one arguing that it was scummy for Mariyta to vote
because some people hadn't posted at all
. So was AKnottedRope.

Does this change your read on Mariyta, CooLDoG, or AKnottedRope, y/n?

Also, do you believe that posting fluff (as opposed to not posting at all) in the RVS is a scumtell?

For the record, my read on CooLDoG: I disagree with 60% of what he's said all game. His posts make my head hurt. However, his intentions seem honest (for example, pushing Mariyta to vote for one of his approved wagons, posting actively). So I see that as coming from a misguided attempt to help town. I believe that town-leading is actually a towntell, particularly from a weaker player.

Didn't like Mariyta's hesitant unvote of UncertainKitten at first, but her explanation for it rang true to me. I can believe that it's a playstyle thing for her (I tend to unvote at the first sign of an over-hasty wagon as well). Also, I don't see anything wrong with her AKR vote. I almost posted last night (but fell asleep first), and was considering a vote for AKnottedRope for the exact same reason. Posting fluff for the sake of posting at the end of RVS is probably the only reliable early game scumtell I know. Mariyta looks like she's genuinely scumhunting.

UncertainKitten's playstyle is active and protown, and her giving Mariyta the benefit of the doubt based on meta also came across as genuine. UK pushed at a certain comment of SC's harder than was prudent, and attacking someone for not placing a vote is a bit easy. But other than that, UK and Mariyta both look town so far to me.

I need more from Katsuki before I can declare him a townread, but I don't see the problem with his vote. His thought process between "Omigod, Mariyta is scum, and UK is town!" to "UK and Mariyta are scumbuddies, because Mariyta was protecting her!" after Mari's explanation was a bit hasty, but sounded plausible. I can believe a townie being overaggressive in the early game and taking that unvote as a scumtell.

Note to self: reread to see who suspects both Mariyta AND Katsuki, since I'd think people should only fall into one camp or the other (Mariyta for being too hesitant in RVS, Kats for being too overaggressive).

I have questions for StrangerCoug, but I'll save them for later.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Mina »

On my phone now, but just a quick comment:

Actually, I consider myself much more of an intent-based than tell-based scumhunter, but I still use terms like "scumtell" and "towntell" as shorthand for "anything that makes me think Player X is more likely to be scum/town." Also, no one is 100% one or the other. I might objectively think an action is a "scumtell" in isolation, but not find the player scummy based on the context. But now's not the time for a digression on Mafia theory. :P

Um...oh dear. Succinctness. Not my forte. I can make an effort if my posts are a pain in the ass to the other players...but it'll be an effort.

And I fail for not noticing that AGM made the exact same point I did about Untrod Tripod. :oops:
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Mina »

Actually, wait a minute. I just read UK's post more carefully.

Can you clarify something? What scum intent do you see for drawing attention to Untrod Tripod over Mariyta? In one breath, you say you dislike AGM's attack on UT for making a mountain out of a molehill. In the next, you say that his case on UT is better than that on Mariyta? Are you saying AGM should be voting UT? Then why is your problem with AGM attacking UT in the first place?

Is it fair to say UT is your second suspect? Or are you only voting him because you dislike that no one else has voted for him?

EBWOPreview: Reck, what's the flavour for why you're a miller?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Mina »

Don't get me wrong. I'm in favour of millers claiming on D1 and all. But it's been half an hour since I asked for flavour. Did you log off immediately after posting?

The quicker you come forward with a character and flavour, the more likely I am to believe you.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Mina »

Okay, I understand where you're coming from now on AGM/UT, UncertainKitten.

I checked the imdb page for
Brotherhood of the Wolf
, but that's it. Maybe I should check out the movie.

SC, I've been burnt by someone fakeclaiming one hour after another player softclaimed a tracker result. See DrippingGoofball's sig for paraphrasing a role PM vs. fakeclaiming. I don't find it scummy that Reck posted and ran. But had he responded within minutes of my question, that would have been a major clue that he hadn't taken the time to PM Magna for a fakeclaim. That's why I wanted him to answer as quickly as possible.

Reckamonic, is that all your role PM says? Miller, and then flavour for why you're a miller? Does your character have a name?
I agree with most of your reads, except for the thing about rek/dra logging off.
Wait a minute, CooLDoG. Weren't your scum reads on Mariyta, Katsuki, and StrangerCoug?

I said I didn't like the case on Mariyta OR Katsuki, and only made a throwaway comment about SC "drawing my attention" (as a side note, I still owe you questions, but I have to leave for work).
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Mina »

EDITED AT PLAYER REQUEST

MoI
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Mina »

Oh, fuck. I was posting from my phone, and...I somehow hit the wrong key and accidentally submitted that....

That was just the lead-up to a post explaining why I thought we shouldn't lynch Reckamonic today (because the role might fit the flavour of a cop role)....and....I was kind of just venting a bit, but...um, I was actually going to edit that and phrase that a lot more diplomatically, because I'm usually not that harsh....

Dammit.

Magna, um, could you delete that post?
:oops:

DONE - MoI
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Mina »

*sigh*

I'm really sorry, Reckoner. I really didn't want to drive you out of the game. To be honest, I was a bit annoyed when you gave us attitude for asking for a nameclaim...only to add, "Oh, yeah, I do have a character name" after Mariyta already mentioned the name, because it made your claim look more dubious. But I accidentally hit submit too early, and the early rant got taken out of context. I was also being a bit hyperbolic and venting a little, and probably would have deleted the part about Fates Mafia....

But what's done is done. I really didn't mean anything personal by it.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #227 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Mina »

Sorry, guys. I'd thought the prod limit for this game was seventy-two hours. For some reason, it always takes me a while to get into a game on D1. Also, to be honest, I kind of dreaded showing my face in here again after I accidentally made the game implode. :P

I hate that I've contributed next to nothing so far. Going to make a few big posts today (I'd started working on one last night but didn't finish it before I fell asleep).
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #232 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Mina »

I started writing a list for UK of suspects, but then I realized that maybe four or five players
weren't
on it. But I need to get off the computer now, so this is only a partial catch-up post. I'll give a full list of reads later.

AGM, could you answer this:
Mina wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:But me personally, I don't care much about that. I'm liking my vote on Mariyta right now. Because this "people haven't posted" thing when it's page 2 and half the playerlist hasn't posted is 1) silly 2) forced scumhunting 3) smells like fake trying to appear town.
Mariyta was the one who voted AKR for having posted only fluff. CooLDoG was the one arguing that it was scummy for Mariyta to vote
because some people hadn't posted at all
. So was AKnottedRope.

Does this change your read on Mariyta, CooLDoG, or AKnottedRope, y/n?

Also, do you believe that posting fluff (as opposed to not posting at all) in the RVS is a scumtell?
==================================
Anyway, my thoughts on the miller fiasco, since I never got them out on Saturday:

AGM earned a few town points for calling SC on his "My reasons are special snowflakes!" defence and for explaining why it's irrelevant that Reck left out the Henri Sardens part of his claim (since he'd already tied himself to a character). But just to debunk the nameclaim argument some more:
StrangerCoug wrote:LynchMePls: His predecessor claimed the Henri Sardis part of his claim after another person brought up the name. Previously, he had claimed only he was the head of the BotW—he did not supply a name.
No, that's only half true. Here's Mariyta's quote:
Alright, I did a little research to refresh my memory of the movie since I haven't seen it in a couple years and all the comments about the main antagonist were confusing me. First, Reck never claimed a name, but I'm assuming they're
Henri, the priest who is the leader of the Brotherhood
. He's psycho, yes, but not the main bad guy. He makes sense as scum, but he also makes sense as a miller. I don't think he knows about the beast or Gypsies, but I may be remembering that wrong.
So Mariyta offered the name "Henri" (which was a bad move on her part, but that's irrelevant). Reckamonic got all pissy that we're such idiots for not figuring out his true role name...but then added the name "Henri
Sardens
." Mariyta didn't offer the Sardens part.

Come on. Someone with no knowledge of the flavour won't be dumb enough to say, "Hey, guys! I'm the leader of the Brotherhood of the Wolf...yeah, no idea who that is, but it's the title of the movie, and I'm totally a miller." Even if he's scum, he's claiming his real role name.

And considering any miller character will be a bit dodgy, anyone voting LMP for
flavour alone
(looking at you, havingfitz and CooLDoG) without having ever seen the movie is being very arrogant and ignorant. I am trusting Mariyta's word that Henri Sardens is plausible as a miller, and leaving it for now.

Furthermore, miller claims in a theme game aren't difficult to verify. Let me give Harry Potter Mafia as an example. Severus Snape was a miller to a cop who detected Dark Marks. So maybe the cop in this game might also fit with a Henri Sardens-miller character.

Therefore, it makes no sense to lynch LMP until:

1) You all see the movie for yourselves instead of making, "He claimed a minor bad guy! Clearly he's evil."
2) We get a cop claim with a flavour.
3) We see at least one scum flip.

Also, AGM, why exactly is "rage-quitting" a scumtell? Why is Reckamonic more likely to replace out when insulted as town? I actually got town vibes from the "lynch us D1 if you're going to lynch the miller at all" post. It struck the right irritated town note with me.

==========================================
GhostWriter wrote:Okay, first things first, the UT wagon. It makes no sense to me. If it can be explained, please do, because it does not compute.
Big words. GhostWriter,
why
are you so against the Untrod Tripod wagon? Admittedly, UT's most recent post had actual effort behind it (although the UncertainKitten vote was like something out of Lalaland--a country whose denizens I have a zero-percent success rate in reading). But the wagon was mostly based on him being lurky and bandwagoning shameless. I can see being lukewarm on UT. But I can't see how someone could have a read on UT more positive than null at this point. Why are you defending him? Do you know something we don't?

Also, GhostWriter, what do you think of Zang, CooLDoG, and StrangerCoug? See if you can guess why I singled out those three players.

Also, my early town read on CooLDoG has been spiraling down the drain. I don't know his town meta, but
ugh
. Most egregious offender:
I'll keep my vote on reck
, but I think now I understand his posting. You should post v/la and take a break, whats the point of playing a game if it isn't fun?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #236 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Mina »

Phone posting again. Let's see if this time I get through a post without horribly insulting anyone.

AKR: In an alternate universe in which LMP was the scummiest player in the game AND I was so confident in his guilt that I wasn't willing to wait another day for couple of flips to shed light on the claim, I'd vote for him in spite of their claim. And that doesn't mean LMP should get a free pass today. But I have a town read on the slot anyway. This is just a pragmatic argument for those who
don't
have a town read on him.

I'll try to tone down the wall-posting.

AGM: But...but...I can't vote for a player I haven't written a wall post on! My inner OCD rebels! In all seriousness, I'm having trouble deciding who's scummiest of the four anti-miller players, and I'm not quite satisfied with GW (bright side: AKR is no longer useless!). I still wanted to poke at StrangerCoug a bit, but I'd
be okay moving my vote there when I'm caught up.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #305 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 am

Post by Mina »

I fell asleep last night and didn't finish the massive post I was working on, but since this takes no effort to answer:
Then I realized she hadn't cast a vote since the beginning of the game. At this point, being this hesitant to cast a vote (and thus make a strong statement about who is town or scum) is scummy. I don't think someone can not fall on one side of the fence on the case for one of CooLDoG, LMP/Reck or me. The lack of voting looks scummy to me.
But my vote is on
GhostWriter
(although admittedly, I haven't moved it in a long time).
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #319 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Mina »

*cries* I've been staring at the thread in horror and paralyzed indecision all night, trying to decide what to chip away at first.

This game is hard to wrap my brain around, because every post is very dense and packed with quotes.

Also, my reads keep changing every five minutes. For one thing, I'm feeling better about StrangerCoug and GhostWriter, and worse about Katsuki and Mariyta. It's hard to tell who's scum and who's just wrong or lazy. My vote will most likely move from GhostWriter when I finish this, but I don't see the point of unvoting a null read in no danger of a lynch when I haven't decided on the best place to move it.

I'm going to respond to GW's recent post. But before I start walling away at people, here's just a general overview of where I'm standing. I'll pull a Tripod and just post half the players at a time. This is
roughly
in order, but the bottom:

Town

UncertainKitten: I disagree with some of what she's saying, but she's proactive and passionate and a leader and blindingly town.

AlmasterGM: Shocker, I know! But I'm actually fairly confident in this read. (And most of the reasons I'd written last night for trusting him are the same as Untrod Tripod, which improves my opinion of the latter.)

I don't agree with his reasoning for why Reckamonic's rage quit was scummy, but his explanation for his thought process was plausible. Something about his attitude reads very much like brash, in-your-face town to me. Part of it is how he dismissed my question about Mariyta/AKR as "irrelevant" because the game had moved on. Part of it is his comments about the postgame after someone flipped scum. His annoying wall-of-text war seems as though he's genuinely trying to catch StrangerCoug in a lie. I believe that
he
believes what he's saying.

So, yeah. Sorry, UK, but I think your case on him kind of sucks. :P

LynchMePls: Already explained my thoughts on the miller claim. Originally, his jump from UT to AKR bugged me, but upon a second glance, it's the kind of natural evolution in thought process that I see coming more from town than scum. Were he scum, he'd probably have stuck to his UT read (unless they're buddies), particularly when the UT wagon had momentum. My biggest problem is that his suspect list isn't very original; any replacement can read through the game and list a few quotes against the game's easy targets. But I like his contributions so far.

(On a side note, I predict a 2-1 split of scum between the pro- and anti-LMP camps if this is a 10-3.)

Townish Side of Center

StrangerCoug: I never got around to explaining my problems with him. For one thing, his stance on Katsuki made no sense. Like, no fucking sense whatsoever. Seriously. "Katsuki, why are you accusing Mariyta of leading a scum wagon on." "Never mind, I misunderstood that. UNVOTE." "Yeah, actually, come to think of it, I
will
revote Katsuki now that you're pressuring me, because babble babble something about my mouth and foot and red blue green pineapple 42." Can you explain your thought process behind your vote, unvote, and revote of Katsuki? I feel as though I'm missing something important.

And...seriously. The mountainous comment was pretty bad, particularly when he used UT, as "Yeah, that's a FANTASTIC point in Katsuki's defence! Because this might
not
be a 10-3 mountainous, and that means Mariyta would be MUCH more likely to bus...and Katsuki would know that, of course...." WTF?

Add to that his lame vote on Reckamonic (which he STILL hasn't acknowledged), and the hypocrisy surrounding his read on AGM.

That said...when I read him in ISO more closely, I see where he's coming from on quite a few issues. The questions he's asking to pry into possibly CD/AGM connections seem town motivated. I think the main point in his favour is that like I said about his nemesis, I believe that
he
believes AGM is scum. He's at least active and engaged with what's going on in the thread. Unlike the other Reckamonic voters, he seemed to put genuine thought into Reck's alignment.

That said, he STILL HASN'T ACKNOWLEDGED that Mariyta only outed the "Henri" part, not the "Henri Sardens" part of Reckamonic's role.

(On a side note, the SC vs. AGM battle is ridiculous. "You're scummy because MY reason for suspecting Reckamonic is sooooooo much superior to yours." Guys, why don't you settle your differences and realize that
both
of your reasons suck? :P
*cue LMP flipping scum, because this happens every time I arrogantly proclaim a town read*
)

On the Fence

Mariyta: Contrary to StrangerCoug, I've started feeling worse about her. I can usually see her POV, but after ISO-ing her, I'm disappointed with what's there. Aside from a lot of flavour speculation, her scumhunting consists mostly of quick, safe, obvious points and agreeing with other players. She's passive and tends to go after easy targets. Any mediocre scum player could play D1 the way she has so far.

Something also felt off about her jump from UT to CD--not that she didn't adequately
justify
it, but that her overall pattern of behaviour was just very much how I'd expect scum to react. "Oh, so UK is wagoning Untrod Tripod. Sure, I agree that he's scummy. Well, now CD is the popular wagon. Come to think of it, yeah, this easy target is scummy for these reasons. Why don't I jump from UT over there?" Yes, this sounds completely crazy when I try to articulate it, but it rubbed my gut the wrong way. But I need to see more from her before I can judge.

Scummy Side of Center

AKnottedRope: Before his terribad vote on AGM for voting
without reasons
(no, seriously. Even if AGM
hadn't
set up suspecting CD...you haven't played a single Mafia game before, have you?), I was almost going to move him into the "townish side of center" category. My biggest reservation about AKR!scum is that he's asking a few good questions, seems fairly spontaneous, and doesn't come across as though he'd be a brilliant scum player. But still, AKnottedRope never responded to this post, because he almost deserves to be lynched for "this is a valid point" alone. LMP also makes a good point about his overdefensive reaction to being voted. Wouldn't shock me if he was scum.

Hey, AKR, by the way, what do you think of havingfitz?

CoolDoG: I'll be brutally honest. Frankly, he's the kind of player I can't really bother to make an effort reading. His posts make my head hurt, and are padded with filler and buddying. His arguments are all over the place. His stance on Reckamonic is terrible. I'm not crazy about UK's defence of him; I'd like an in-depth post explaining where her read on him came from. Not familiar enough with his meta to know if he'd play all that differently from this as town or scum. Given the speed of his wagon, I'm a little wary of it, because Town!CD is probably candy for scum. And he at least seems to be making an effort to scumhunt (albeit badly). But if I don't have better leads, I could compromise on him. I enjoy heartlessly culling the weakest links on D1 if they don't give me town reads. :twisted:

========================================================

Hmm, that leaves Zang, Katsuki, havingfitz, GhostWriter, and Untrod Tripod. There's certainly scum in this group (a Mariyta/AKR/CooLDoG team is very unlikely unless Mariyta is a chronic distancer).

Unfortunately, I'm a better townhunter than scumhunter, so my reads get murky when I get to the scummy half of the play list.

I may move Mariyta, AKR, and CD closer to the scummy end of the spectrum depending on what I find when I examine everyone's ISOs more closely.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #336 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Mina »

Goddamn it, there's a lot I want to say, but I'm running late for work.
AKnottedRope wrote:Also Jesus Christ, that's not cutting down on walls, mina.
:oops:

Hey, I only posted half of my reads for a reason!

I CAN'T HELP IT, OKAY? I HAVE AN ILLNESS.

AT LEAST I'M NOT MASTIN!

Fine, just for you, I won't make a big post answering everybody, but just a few quick scattershot ones.

Will reread AKnottedRope to see if I missed his evolution in suspicion of AGM, because right now, AGM vs. the World all just feels like a bunch of people getting frustrated for being misunderstood.
I thought it was a valid point? I don't (and didn't) care that others were calling me a lurker or whatever. I missed that post on my first read of the game and agreed with it.
You're missing my drift.

Never mind why "This might not be a mountainous game" is a valid point? Why was that THE most valid point worth mentioning in the thread? Seriously, what does this say about StrangerCoug's alignment? About UncertainKitten's? About Katsuki's? It's completely irrelevant that this game might not be 10-3 mountainous. I mean...
duh
. The whole mountainous debate was just a side tangent as UK and SC bickered over whether Katsuki's vote for Mariyta could conceivably come from a townie.

Will be interested in your read on havingfitz. You can probably figure out why I chose him to ask you about.

Also, it's amazing how much Untrod Tripod has completely turned his play around. His "Haha, I'm no longer an easy target, suckers!" and calling LMP on superficial reads feel very genuine. Seriously, how is this the same guy who voted for UncertainKitten? That said...ooh, boy, did his "voteless, wishy-washy" comment strike a nerve. Will save it for later, though.

preview edit: *headdesk* at Zang's most recent post.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #348 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Mina »

I had stuff typed out on Untrod Tripod (I still have some niggling paranoia over him, although it may partly be OMGUS), GhostWriter, and Mariyta. But I'm running late for work now.

But can you all just trust my magic psychic powers and believe that AGM vs. The World is T v. T, T & (Probably) T? If I'm wrong about anyone, it's AKnottedRope, but I'm starting to get town vibes from him as well. I already explained why I trust UK, AGM, and SC to a lesser extent. Can't you all just get along? *strums a guitar and sings "Kumbaya"*

UT, in the meantime, question for before I get back from work:
I've changed my mind about UK. Unvote UncertainKitten. That was a stupid OMGUS-y vote. That'll teach me to read the entire game before responding to a case. In context of the rest of her posts, may be a terribad case, but it's a terribad case by a town player. Let us never speak of this again.
What in particular made you suddenly realize that UncertainKitten was town after rereading the game?

Also.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FOR THE LAST TIME I DID PLACE A VOTE! IT WAS ON GHOSTWRITER! WHAT WAS YOUR ORIGINAL POINT, THAT THE ONLY WAY I COULD TAKE A STAND ON CooLDoG, UT, or LMP WAS BY VOTING FOR ONE OF THEM? WHAT IF NONE OF THE THREE WAS MY TOP SUSPECT?

(FWIW, if forced to choose the three, I'd vote CooLDoG, you, and LMP, in that order. Last night, I'd almost voted for you in part to create healthy competition to the CD wagon, but you've become a lot more townish since then.)

Also, why do you think I put Mariyta in the "on the fence" category? Because I didn't have a town read on her, but thought my problems with her were rather weak and circumstantial. But unfortunately, you are going to hate my playstyle. Unless I'm just trying to pressure someone on a minor point to get a read on them, I overthink and second-guess everything, without exception, and tend to be more generous with town reads than scum reads. I don't feel comfortable playing by the seat of my pants. I still think I'm pretty readable because I'm very open with my thought processes, though.

Oh, you know what?

VOTE: Zang

No time to break down everything I found wrong with that post, but I agree with this:
AKnottedRope wrote:Zang shot from not even a blip on my radar to one of my top picks for scum (And AGM: there's a pretty clear reason why, don't even start).
Annoyed I moved my vote from GhostWriter before I even responded to his most recent post, though.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #349 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Mina »

Also, you know what's ten times more annoying than a text wall?
Three pages
of one-liners from two players screaming, "You're scum for this minor point!" "No,
you're
scum!" back and forth.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #380 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Mina »

No time for an actual post, but to appease our anal King:

UNVOTE: GhostWriter

Except now I'm actually tempted to change to Katsuki. Thanks, I was starting to find it suspicious that I didn't have a single scum read on the AlmasterGM wagon (although I'm feeling a bit worse about StrangerCoug's last post made me paranoid). So sweet of you to out yourself like that.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #381 (isolation #18) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Mina »

Hmm. Actually....
Katsuki wrote:There were other AGM posts but I'm too tired to go and dig them out at the moment.
Katsuki, since you've contributed zero this game, you have twenty-four hours to dig these posts out.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #383 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Mina »

No. You have twenty-four hours to dig those quotes up.

Upon reflection, the whole "looks for support before voting" argument is okay (although AGM has done several things this game that I read as very townish), but that's pretty much AKnottedRope's case on him. (To your credit, at least you ignored the fail of "He didn't give REASONS" for his vote). So your vote looks like pouncing on a wagon's rising star. So you will do actual work right now to convince me that you aren't pulling your scumread out of your ass.

Also, my vote was supposed to already be on Zang. Lousy unvote rules.

(BTW, I'm feeling better about CooLDoG again. Goddamn stupid indecision.)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #385 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Mina »

...Katsuki, I said
better
, but are you saying you find CooLDoG scummy? Would you consider voting for him?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #387 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Mina »

...goddamn it.

My next post was going to be to utterly CRUCIFY you with this:
Katsuki wrote:As much as I want to blow his brains out, cooldog is probably town this game. Which makes me question reck-push on cooldog, despite Fate's mafia (and in all fairness, cooldog was screaming scum that game). I have never played with town-cooldog before, but his play is much different from all the other times I have played with him.
But I guess that would have been too easy. :(
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #408 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Mina »

I don't know why I'm up this late when I have work tomorrow morning. Or why I didn't post earlier.

Too tired to continue with a giant post of reads (what's annoying is that half of the ones in my last post have already changed). So I'm just going to toss off a few one-liners that zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

*starts up*

Barely conscious enough to remember what I wanted to say.

Oh, yeah!

-Katsuki, I gave you twenty-four hours to post what other scummy stuff from AGM. You've been posting all over the site except here. It's been much longer than twenty-four hours.
Also, you're so confident in CooLDog's guilt that you're willing to say that my scumdar needs to be checked for supporting it? (You misread the post, but that's beside the point.

-Untrod, there's a question I asked you re: why your read of UK changed. (I know there was other stuff I wanted to ask you, but right now, my brain isn't functioning.)

-Mariyta, I can understand being cautious. And unlike Untrod Tripod, I don't have a problem with the "Yeah, that's my playstyle all the time" defence (I find it refreshingly honest). But firstly, you've basically said that you're unreadable. Is there no difference between your town and scum play? Secondly, why would being cautious make you more likely to bandwagon? On the contrary, speaking as a cautious player, I'm often more hesitant with jumping on a wagon if I'm not sold the player is scum.

-LynchMePls, your last few posts have been one-liners essentially screaming, "Shut up, I've contributed plenty, you moron!" when someone poked at you. But my problem is that you've had absolutely nothing to say about any events that didn't involve you. So, what's on your mind? Any new developments since you replaced in that change your suspect lists? Say, do you still suspect Untrod Tripod? CooLDoG?

-StrangerCoug, maybe hypocrisy was the wrong word; I meant for your "My reason for suspecting Reckamonic is AWESOME, and yours sucks." (Yes, I know you've moved on since then. Speaking of which, what do you think of LynchMePls' recent play?) But what exactly did you find funny about Katsuki's post? (For the record, I found it a completely null reaction.) Your comment was very vague.

-AKnottedRope, again, what do you think about havingfitz? And although Zang pestering everyone to give reasons for voting him is annoying, can you explain more of why Zang shot to the top of your suspect list?
Try reversing your chronology there mary. I was in catch-up mode remember? I didn't see SC's post until after I typed in my comment. Your tell is reaching at best. And the implication is that kat is not bad at not being "crucified", which leads to survivalism.
So are you saying StrangerCoug's post didn't pop up for you when you hit preview? The new board is ninja-proof.

Also, what are you talking about, "survivalism"? Katsuki is saying that in general, he doesn't make slip-ups THAT bad in Mafia (I assume regardless of his alignment). How the hell does that imply survivalism in
this
game? You just said it crept you out. But now you're making up a fake justification that "Oh yeah, Kat is being survivalistic (whatever that means) because he says he isn't bad at Mafia." This does not compute.

My God. Don't tell me I have to actually make an effort to read your posts, now.

...Too tired to post anything more substantial. Had a draft of a response to GhostWriter, because ugh, I haaaaaaaated his OMGUS post to me, but I haven't taken a close enough look at his more recent posts, in which on the surface he seems to attack people. And Cliff's Notes version of why I voted for Zang: I thought the Mariyta vote for "lack of reasons for voting CD" was weak when he quoted her reasons in the very same post, and that post in general made me headdesk with its crappy and forced reasoning.

My brain is swimming when I read Zang's arguments with Mariyta. He comes across as slow and passionless and mechanical with all his scumhunting-by-numbers. UK seemed to think this was null for him, though. Eh. I'm too sleep-deprived. I'll make a "case" on him within the next couple of days and see if the evidence convinces me.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #409 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOP:
Also, you're so confident in CooLDog's guilt that you're willing to say that my scumdar needs to be checked for supporting it? (You misread the post, but that's beside the point.)
Obviously, I forgot the crucial question, "Why?" What I mean is that Katsuki kept asking people what the case was on CooLDoG, as if he was uncertain and uninformed. So his hyper-confidence in CD's innocence seems to have come out of nowhere. Does he think everyone voting for CooLDoG's scumdar needs to be checked? Aside from attacking AlmasterGM for
one point
(involving the style of his vote rather than its target), he hasn't said anything about the other CooLDoG wagoners.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #410 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:55 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOP2: although yes, I remember that Katsuki said he was leaning town on him, but he didn't sound very confident. His reasons for suspecting CD were a gut feeling based on partial meta. Telling someone you "need to get your scumdar checked" for suspecting CD seems off given Katsuki's detachment from the thread.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #449 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Mina »

<prod dodge>

Going to post in a couple of hours.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #534 (isolation #26) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Mina »

Goddamn it, I was in the middle of writing a post now.

Well this saved me the PM, so thanks.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #538 (isolation #27) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Mina »

I am so sorry, everyone. To be honest, I'm in too many games right now, and flaking on all of them. I've actually been following this game pretty closely, and keep starting posts, but never get around to finishing them. And the further I fall behind, the more stressed out I get....

First, AGM's claim. Since I missed his original post, I can't judge for myself how good is the evidence for clearing Zang, which is really annoying. Question, by the way:
I will also admit
there are also a FEW other top-secret things going on right now that might draw me towards Zang-scum instead of Zang-town
. But those need time to play out.
Look, on a scale of 1 to 10, how sure are you that Zang is town? I don't want you to die and then everyone else to incorrectly clear Zang.

But I'll give AlmasterGM the benefit of the doubt that his tell on Zang is convincing, and do this:

UNVOTE: Zang.

Oh, and also, AlmasterGM is town, so please stop voting for him. From this point onward, I will treat suspecting AGM as a scumtell. For the record, if Zang flips scum
neighbour
at any point, that would confirm AGM as town, but he's also

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I never got around to Zang/GW/havingfitz/Katsuki/UT in my big post, but even my first seven reads have shuffled around a lot. For example, I realized something terrifying. I actually now trust CooLDoG more than LynchMePls. If he is evil, I will be very shocked. He's back to his blundering, pushy self he was early in the game. It really seems as though he's being protown by aggressively pushing LMP to post content, even if his approach is heavy-handed. Mariyta picks up a few town points for seeing it as well.

When I'd intended to post this a couple of days ago, I was originally going to blast LynchMePls, since he's far too good a player to use, "There's nothing worth commenting on" as an excuse. Since then, he's made a big catch-up post. I agree with his reads on AlmasterGM vs. UK being town vs. town. What I don't like is that he doesn't give very in-depth reasoning behind any of his opinions beyond "I agree," "QFT," and "scummy." Succinctness isn't bad (I can respect anyone who attempts something so challenging :P), but he doesn't show much of his thought process or much in-depth analysis, which gives him a lot of cover and allows him to coast more. It also seems like he's clinging too hard to his AKR scum read from early in the game.

LMP, what exactly made you change Mariyta from a scum read to the fourth towniest player in the game? (I actually trust Mariyta a lot as well right now, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.)

Also, what do you think about the actual cases Untrod Tripod made? I agree that his sheepish unvote of UK was bad (and he ignored my question about what changed his read on UncertainKitten
besides everyone completely laughing his vote off
), but I'd think you'd take a closer look at the actual meat of the arguments your suspect was pushing.

...screw this. I'm posting this just in chunks as I go, because otherwise, I'm never going to finish. I'll save stuff on StrangerCoug and Katsuki for another post.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #606 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Mina »

AAAARGH! FUCK IT!

I've spent the last few days working on the same post, trying to comment on a million different things, and answer the zillion questions directed to me, but I just keep falling further and further behind. I give up. At this point, I don't even know what I think anymore. I just keep second-guessing myself and running around in circles.

Here's the short version:

VOTE: Katsuki

HEY, IT'S BEEN MORE THAN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS! WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THOSE OTHER INSTANCES OF SCUMMY BEHAVIOUR YOU SAW FROM AGM?

Point in Kats' favour is his read on CD is the same as mine. Point against him: I agree with GW's assessment that his list of suspects is wishy-washy.

My other choice would probably be havingfitz, for taking terrible stances this game and having useless opinions. As for the third...hmm. To be honest, I keep on waffling on who's the scummier of UT, GW, AKR, and SC. Given a choice between StrangerCoug and CooLDoG, I'd choose the former, because I dislike the way he tried to spin Zang's question as "lying". His Zang vote was probably the one that made me the uneasiest. Also, I have a gut town read on CooLDoG. I'm a bit worried by the speed of the SC wagon, though.

Zang's recent post just makes me sigh, and say that it's a good thing that AGM promises that he's super town. And I wouldn't lynch AGM or anyone among his "logical players" list.

I think everyone's suspicions of SC, AKR, and UT are rubbing off on me. Also, I'm so behind that I'll cop to skimming over GhostWriter's and UntrodTripod's posts and going, "Good, a long, reasonable post," without processing their arguments. I wouldn't be surprised if one of GW and UT is scum.

I'm becoming uneasy with how certain people (UT and GW count) are trying to one-up CooLDoG with their arguments. It's like...everyone knows he's an illogical player. Look for different tells with him--like overall behaviour patterns or motivation.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #652 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Mina »

Only CooLDoG would softclaim a power role when he's one of the top lynch options...AND THEN GO ON V/LA!

Only CooLDoG.

I'm pissed off that it came to this, but CooLDoG has to claim right now and pin himself to a role, both so we can evaluate the flavour based on the information, and so that someone can counterclaim if he's lying.

But fuck. Right now, I think CD is town, and StrangerCoug is so-so (I read SC in ISO last night when I was going to find his, and remembered why I found his questions and his probing into LMP links townish). And if SC is town, he's of more use than CD. But I need to decide who to push instead. Katsuki threatening to ragequit if we lynched CooLDoG is a bit of a towntell. I ISO'd GW and UT and started feeling better about both of them as well. Everyone is giving off a mix of towntells and scumtells.

More coming. But is there anyone other than Mariyta who'd be up for a lynch that isn't CooLDoG or StrangerCoug? I'm not sure if we can get enough votes on someone else by tomorrow. I'm so mad at myself. This is the same thing I always do, waffle over whom to vote until it's too late to affect anything.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #655 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Mina »

How's this?

VOTE: havingfitz
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #656 (isolation #31) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Mina »

Actually, wait.

I just realized that vote doesn't count anyway, because I didn't unvote, but I've been rereading Katsuki in ISO, and just realized how wishy-washy and fluffy his opinions have been.

Would anyone be up for a Katsuki wagon instead of a havingfitz one?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #661 (isolation #32) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Mina »

Holy shit. I didn't think this would actually work.

So me, StrangerCoug, UK, and GW would vote him. Now we just need three more. I'm sure Mariyta would also vote that way.

Hmm. StrangerCoug, I'm just curious about something. Hasn't CooLDoG been your top suspect for a while?

Don't get me wrong. I'd like a Katsuki vote and all. But why are you willing to compromise on him when the counterwagon to you is one you're satisfied with?

Oh, and since you asked before what I meant about lying, it's this (quoting the entire pyramid for context):
StrangerCoug wrote:
Zang wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Zang wrote:
Mina wrote:-AKnottedRope, again, what do you think about havingfitz? And although Zang pestering everyone to give reasons for voting him is annoying, can you explain more of why Zang shot to the top of your suspect list?
So I'm supposed to let people vote for me for no reason at all?
Why are you jumping in here? Annoying ≠ scummy, and the question was directed at AKnottedRope.
I was not jumping in, I did not answer or comment on the question directed at AKR. Why are you jumping in here? My question was directed at Mina.
This is a straight-up lie.
Mina claimed, in the question to AKnottedRope, that you bugging the people on your wagon for vote reasons is annoying and you chime in by asking if people are supposed to just pile on you for the hell of it. Therefore, you jumped in.
UNVOTE: AlmasterGM
So yes, the bulk of your accusation was that he was jumping in. But you calling him a liar felt like a misrep. Zang did not lie about the fact that he didn't answer my question to AKR. Also, in Zang's defence, the implication was there that I disliked his pestering people for votes (and therefore found it slightly scummy).

And although I also disliked his jumping in, the fact that you conveniently found Zang scummy for something small that occurred after his wagon took up steam also rubbed me the wrong way.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #664 (isolation #33) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Mina »

*stares at the thread in shock*

What...what have I created?

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Having power is scary.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #666 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Mina »

Hey, Mariyta! Just wondering about something. Can you explained what changed your mind between this:
Mariyta wrote:Untrod Tripod (who I'm voting), Kats (for reasons listed in my re-read post), and HF, who, even though I re-read and apparently posted something about, I keep forgetting is even in this game (Kats reminded me this time). CD is just a VI, I believe LMP's claim, don't see the cases on SC and UK, and AGM had no reason to lie about being neighbors with Zang.
and this:
Mariyta wrote:As much as I want to lynch CD, I really really really think it would be a poor mislynch. UT, HF, and AKR are much better choices.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #688 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Mina »

Fast wagon =/= guaranteed mislynch. The reason the Katsuki wagon is building up so quickly is because a lot of people are unhappy with both the CooLDoG and StrangerCoug wagons, and are compromising on someone who's contributed nothing and is difficult to read.

The one vote on the wagon that I could see from scum is Untrod Tripod's, because somethig about his justification felt off, and it's very weird how he went from StrangerCoug, to CooLDoG, to. To be honest, though, something about his attitude this game feels like snippy town to me. He wouldn't be my choice for a day vig.

That said, Katsuki's drunken attack on UK makes me second-guess myself. I feel kind of bad for having not at least pointed out which stances of his felt wishy-washy and insincere. Still much prefer his lynch to SC's or CD's, though.

CD, claim your character name and flavour as well.

Also, I read through a few ISOs (didn't get a chance to vote). To be honest, I'm actually a lot more suspicious of AKR and LMP right now (wonder if they could be distancing). I'll explain more why this evening, because my break is over. Oh, and GreyIce, I'd be interested in hearing why you suspect AGM.

Ha ha. Um...sooooo. We don't have time for yet another last minute wagon on GreyICE, do we. <_< I can make an actual case on him this evening.

havingfitz, you answered your own question to me in that post. UncertainKitten said she'd compromise on a UT or havingfitz lynch. So I voted you. Then I changed my mind after reading Katsuki's ISO and realizing that the towntell could be faked.

Mariyta, I was asking more why Katsuki was no longer in your top three.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #851 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Mina »

I've been sick all day and still feel like crap, and will spend the evening catching up with another game. However, brief notes:

-Scrap what I'd said before about AKR. GreyICE is obvtown. Fond of using misogynistic insults, but town. There's no way he'd be getting that frustrated with CooLDoG otherwise.

-I have a sinking feeling that havingfitz vs. UncertainKitten is town vs. town. It's probably too late for CD to change his kill, though. But on the bright side, Katsuki's posts today make me feel much better about wagoning him.

-I think LynchMePls is scum. I don't in the slightest believe his "Omigod, UK is totally OBVscum, even though she was my top town read along with AGM before, just because she's pissed off that she might be vigged." His trying to direct CD to vig UK instead of LMP's other suspects is terrible. He's ignored all those saying her behaviour is entirely in character with her innocent self as well, and I personally didn't think UK's reaction looked all that bad. But...I just think the way his turnabout occurred doesn't feel natural. It seems as though the moment he saw she was a potential vig option, he pounced and tried to push CD to kill her instead. A lot of it is his tone, as well; it feels as though he's faking conviction in what he's arguing.

-I'm torn on Mariyta. She keeps on ignoring the case on Katsuki, for some reason. Mariyta, I asked you why Katsuki was originally in your top three, but then dropped for AKR. Also, I hate that you never even reacted to the Katsuki wagon, but then tried to direct CD to vigging UT and us lynching hf (or was it the other way around?). Shouldn't, you know, the leading wagon be a good lynch/vig candidate as well?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1003 (isolation #37) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by Mina »

Oh, FFS. Why does everyone in this game have some kind of emotional disorder?

First of all, before Untrod Tripod wastes lots of speculation on who would withhold a nightkill, let's just end this. After Katsuki's mislynch, we were at eleven players. A NK would have brought us back to ten, meaning we'd be in MYLO on D3 assuming three scum. But because of the no-kill, we've won a free mislynch. Any scum player who'd deliberately withhold as a strategy (particularly since night didn't last the full seventy-two hours) is a moron.

A town roleblocker who thinks he or she's in danger of being nightkilled and his target won't be lynched today should claim (or breadcrumb his or her target unambiguously in the case of his or her death). Otherwise, everyone just shut up about the blocked kill.

I almost voted in this post, but hang on. StrangerCoug. Knowing that you misinterpreted UK's post that you thought was rolefishing, are you still feeling good about your UncertainKitten vote? Do you have any other reasons to want UncertainKitten lynched today?

LMP, what do you think about the people saying your link to UK's meta as a SK was irrelevant because this is her town meta as well? (FWIW, I've seen her in Ladies Night as town, and she was equally tetchy at anyone who suspected her there.) Also, what made you go from having UK as your number two town read to being your top suspect?
StrangerCoug wrote:Why aren't you considering a town roleblocker?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to rolefishing.

I've been giving UT the benefit of the doubt all game, simply because he was so lurky and scummy-looking as town in Hydra Mafia that I was impressed he was contributing here, but at this point, I could settle for his lynch. I hated his dancing between wagons yesterday and his hop onto the Katsuki wagon and hammer, and he's REALLY over the top in his defences today.

I think GhostWriter, Mariyta, GreyICE, AlmasterGM, and UncertainKitten (although I should reread her with an open mind just to see if I'm missing the case on her) are town. I'm undecided on CooLDoG right now, both because his character name is such a blatant scum one and because I didn't like how his reads changed when it was time to choose a dayvig target. But I don't want to lynch him today.

AlmasterGM, please share more thoughts on Zang. Has he behaved townishly in the QT? Are you
still
positive he's town?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1096 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Mina »

No time for this game right now, because I'm late for work, but this is giving me a headache. I was actually going to vote for StrangerCoug (I've been meaning to make an actual case on him), but then Zang opened his mouth and started acting like a scummy robot again. And would SC and Zang be getting into this back and forth as a scumteam? But would UT have essentially led the wagon on Zang as his buddy? I think it's time for me to reread this game and look at potential scumteams.

Right now, this is my suspect list:

Tier 1: Zang, StrangerCoug, Untrod Tripod
Tier 2: LynchMePls, GhostWriter, CooLDoG
Tier 3: UK, Mariyta, GreyICE, AlmasterGM

Mariyta took the words out of my mouth in her response to SC's and UT's posts on Friday (particularly SC's interactions with UK and UT's misrepping me as arguing "speculation is stupid").

@CooLDoG: my question wasn't role-fishing. If there was no kill, and someone had a successful roleblock, you had BETTER either work to get your target lynched, or make it so that it will be unambiguous after your flip who you targeted. Because that means we outed scum.

@GreyICE: my townread on GW was partly because on a reread, he'd developed his suspicions of CD from early on (so his attacks was less suspicious than UT's play), and partly because I'd found his angsting over his lack of reads somewhat genuine. In retrospect, I think I wouldn't put him on the same level as my other town reads (not at all as confident in him as I am the other town reads on mt list), because his posts today haven't had much thought behind them. Also, I think he came out really badly with his interactions with me (for example, "oh, Mina, would tell everyone to lynch me" came out as overdefensive when I hadn't discussed him much after a quick early game vote for a weak post just out of the RVS). I'll look at him in more depth when I have time.

Also, I'm starting to think at least one of the claimed roles is scum, because town seems to have too much firepower.

For the record, I am so confused by Grey's claim. It's like...there's scummy AKR, and then there's GI's scummy roleclaim (leaving aside that he's a governor, I find roled scum are much more likely to go, "Oh, by the way, I have a cool power, guys!", since they aren't afraid of a NK)...but GreyICE himself isn't behaving anything like I'd imagine from scum, unless he's a great actor.

GI, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but are you an alt?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1189 (isolation #39) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Mina »

CAN YOU ALL STOP FUCKING POSTING THREE PAGES A MINUTE OF BACK-AND-FORTH NITPICKING OVER FUCKING USELESS MINUTIAE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There's no way I want to read all that when I catch up (probably tomorrow, because another game comes first right now).

Boo on StrangerCoug for replacing out before I could actually get around to posting a case on him.

Also, CooLDoG is town. GreyICE, UK, and AlmasterGM are also still town, despite all three desperately needing to take tranquilizers. (I'll let GI defend himself first, but to be honest, I don't believe AGM's catch is half as good as he believes it is.)

Three out of five of LMP, StrangerCoug, Zang, Untrod Tripod, and GhostWriter are scum. Now the hard part--figuring out which three they are.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1216 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Mina »

...LynchMePls, what happened to you?

No, seriously, what the hell happened to you since
A Clash of Kings
?

Didn't you use to be a really good, earnest player with a lot of potential, who actually gave a shit about the games you were in?

Even if you're scum, you're playing badly. Seriously, you can't write a better frame case than "Wake up and smell the scum, folks!" You aren't bothering to show examples to substantiate your read on UK's behaviour in the face of a vig kill as desperate scum, when no one else has the same gut read on her? You can't find quotes to twist so as to make UK look worse? You're actually using, "Well, two out of three of your scum reads are wrong, because I know I'm town, so you're obviously scum" as proof? Most of your arguments are just repeating "X is scum."

If you're town, then you should really be ashamed of your play here, because it is an embarrassment. In all honesty--and this isn't an exaggeration--I think CooLDoG is playing both much more proactively, and scumhunting more effectively than you are. Even if his arguments aren't always perfect, at least he's trying. Half of your reads this game have seemed to come out of your ass, you have this galling smug attitude that every of your useless and lazy one-liners is sooooo smart and you're so much better than everyone, you've outright gone, "LOL, I'm too cool to contribute" at times, and you put only the most superficial thought into your posts. Read yourself in ISO. It's quite pathetic, particularly compared to the player you used to be.

------------------------------------------
I don't think I've followed the plot of AGM's revelations, and I'd still rather reread D1 to analyze potential scumteams before voting, but right now, I'm leaning toward a Zang lynch. (Incidentally, it's a good thing we know AGM was jailkept successfully, since otherwise a Zang town flip would have explained the no-kill and indicted Mariyta.) He hasn't made a single post that felt genuine all game, and I find it astounding that a town player could be that robotic and passionless. Furthermore, I really doubt that town has a jailkeeper/poisoner AND a garden variety roleblocker who just so happened to be paired with a vanilla neighbour. That said, I missed the evidence from AGM in Zang's favour.

At first, Zang's back-and-forth with SC made me doubt my SC suspicions, but I was thinking SC's and Zang's forced "I'm continuing my push on you from D1!" "Oh yeah, well I'M continuing my push on YOU!" could be them calling attention to their distancing. But the problem is that I doubt Zang AND SC would vote Reckamonic for the miller claim if the three were a scum team, and those three are where I'm looking now.

And as much as I hate UT's Katsuki hammer, I'd be surprised if UT would lead the Zang wagon on D1 as his buddy (possible, but I'd much rather lynch other suspects, first). Would that make the scumteam Zang, GhostWriter, and one of SC/LMP? Hmm.

Also, do people really want me to use my town cred to write a long case for why GreyICE isn't scum unless he's the most phenomenal actor ever? I don't like defending people, but I'll do it if I have to.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1220 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:45 am

Post by Mina »

...I need to stop doing that.

...I...I was mainly just trying to give LMP a kick in the pants to step his game up...

...What is it with me and that slot?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1224 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Mina »

Stop making me paranoid about you, UK.

As nice as it might be to save Magna the trouble of looking for two replacements, I'm not going to waste a lynch on punishing a quitter when Zang looks like a much surer bet.
GreyICE wrote:I'd rather have you use your time to tell me if I'm totally wrong about AGM :/
Yep. You are. Sorry. :P

This definitely isn't a scum-on-scum fight, because if Zang flips Mafia Roleblocker, with no neighbour in the title, we'll all know AGM was lying.

I think AGM is just a very hotheaded player who gets caught up in the heat of the moment when he gets into a back-and-forth. "Hey...that isn't exactly what I meant! You're misrepresenting me! And your word choice in this post contradicts yours in that other post...which means YOU'RE SCUM! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!"

By the way, it's a sad state of affairs when I'M one of the most mellow players in this game. Is there something in the water of Gevaudan?

Zang, please explain just why you chose to roleblock Mariyta, and not, say, StrangerCoug, LMP, or CooLDoG. I want a long post explaining just what your thought process was, why exactly you found her scummy (actual reasons), why you found other players less scummy. Not another robotic one sentence "I roleblocked her because I suspected her."
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1298 (isolation #43) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Mina »

I PM'd Magna about the same thing, and he was evasive. Basically, there's no guarantee that anything beyond the character name, role name, or alignment would show up. I'd expect neighbour to count as part of the role.

But yeah, I know I said a Zang-non-neighbour flip would condemn AGM...but I wasn't expecting it to actually happen. Because this would be the dumbest gambit of all time for Zang's actual scumbuddy. Also, two kills.

Mariyta, can you explain Zang ? His claiming Mani to AGM means scum have fakeclaims.

FWIW, I think GreyICE's hammer increases his likelihood of being town. I know he said he didn't realize Zang was at L-1, but still, if Zang was a janitor, I'd expect GI to be extra-careful not to hammer before his buddy used his action.

(Magna wouldn't confirm if a janitor would wipe out the "neighbour" part of the role only, though.)

Okay, AGM, I think it's time to fullclaim. Name, flavour, additional abilities, everything.

Also, what made you vig LMP over StrangerCoug last night?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1299 (isolation #44) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOP: I meant to say, "Mari, tell us about Gregoire's role in the movie."

What's annoying is that LMP's replacing out when I insulted his play was starting to make me think he was town again. And if StrangerCoug had flipped scum, I was going to say that all but confirmed LMP as town because of how SC and Zang piled up on LMP's wagon.

UK, problem: if we lynch AGM, it's MYLO tomorrow. Because the two kills have put us back to even. This is annoying.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1301 (isolation #45) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Mina »

So SpyreX, do you believe that AGM is Zang's scumbuddy or third party?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1305 (isolation #46) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Mina »

SpyreX wrote:SC, believe it or not, is town *shock*
So you were expecting to get a scum role PM? :P

You know, I'd really like for you to be town, SpyreX, but that would involve me dividing by zero.

I mean...StrangerCoug's nervous vote-and-unvote for Katsuki, and then revote because "I realized my questioning her without a vote wasn't doing any good." (It sunk in like two weeks later how terrible that was.) His voting Katsuki even though his top suspect was the leading wagon. Untrod Tripod bussing immediately on D1.

The most likely scumteam seems to be SpyreX/Zang/GhostWriter. I'm getting increasingly paranoid of other players, though.

Hey, GhostWriter, you've been awfully silent since D2. Thoughts on what you've missed?

Untrod Tripod, when you hammered Katsuki, did you know that he had an ability he wanted to use?

AGM, did you even REREAD Zang before vigging LMP? Did you think about how likely a Zang-LMP team was? Weren't you the one who said the scumteam was StrangerCoug-GreyIce-Zang?

I think I'll stay silent on what we do with AGM for now, though. Hang on, looking at vote counts.

EBWOPreview: UK, let's not discuss this and just scumhunt like normal. Keep your thoughts on AGM to yourself for now.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1336 (isolation #47) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Mina »

*psst*

I'm still here, ABR.

Go back to waiting in the wings until Sunday.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1351 (isolation #48) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Mina »

Right now, I'm running in circles and second-guessing just about every read I have in the game. I almost want to flip my town and scum lists upside down.

Either way, Mariyta's summary makes it pretty obvious that names are related to powers but completely unrelated to alignment (good Sylvia and evil Gregoire, but a good Henri and Jean-Francois?).
UncertainKitten wrote:@Mina: Why? It's important we determine how we're doing this, because OTHERWISE WE END UP IN A PRISONER'S DILEMMA!
Yes, we should determine how we're doing this...quietly. Where AGM can't hear us just yet. Do you catch my drift?

So AGM's claim is plausible, although it doesn't fit the pattern of the other roles. There are still too many good roles, though. A BP/governor, a jailkeeper/redirector, a one-shot vig/tracker (which would have been super powerful)....Maybe the miller was thrown in just to add a mislynch, though. And I'll admit that if AGM is town (as opposed to third-party), then BP scum makes a lot of sense in this setting.

AGM, question. Why weren't you immediately suspicious of CD when he claimed one-shot dayvig?

Also, did Zang post any reads in the QT?

I keep on rewriting this paragaph on GreyICE, because I'm really torn on him now. I don't think the slip was actually a slip. GreyICE got all surprised when AGM said he targeted SC with something, started spinning weird conspiracy theories about multiple roles, and then asked Zang, "Did AGM claim vig? Don't say anything if he claimed another role." It would have been FANTASTIC if he'd made a casual reference to AGM's vig failing before the latter's claim, but unfortunately, the evidence is more ambiguous.

That said, his total paranoia about AGM being a SK before AGM actually came forward as vig is just a weird as fuck. I also hate his play today, particularly with the AtE about the SK being on his wagon and all the :roll: smileys. I guess it's possible Zang was lurking and ignoring Grey's advice in the scum QT to come forward with AGM's vig claim, and then GI might have tried to "naturally" suggest the idea of AGM being SK in the thread. And his explanations of his thought process behind his AGM-is-an-SK theory have all struck me as slightly off.

But...goddamn. GI seemed really sincere to me before. And some of his theorizing sounds like genuine town confusion.

I've lost all my certainty in this game.

---------------------------------------

I just wasted an inordinate amount of time copy-pastaing vote counts and formatting them with pretty colours. I usually don't vote count analysis, but since there have been so many wagons on flipped players, I thought it might be informative. I'm omitting all the zero votes to make this readable.

So far, this is just raw data. If anyone is good at this stuff, feel free to use this as a reference for your own analysis. I'm putting AGM as brown because he's almost certainly not Mafia.

Spoiler: Day One Vote Counts
Vote Count 1.1 - As of Post 25

Mariyta (2) -
Katsuki
AlmasterGM

Katsuki (1) -
CooLDoG

Reckamonic
(1) - AKnottedRope

Not Voting (9) -
Zang
, Untrod Tripod, Mariyta,
Reckamonic
, StrangerCoug, UncertainKitten, Mina,
havingfitz
, Ghostwriter

Vote Count 1.2 - As of Post 63

Untrod Tripod (1) -
havingfitz

Mariyta (2) -
Katsuki
AlmasterGM

Katsuki
(5) -
CooLDoG
Zang
, StrangerCoug, Untrod Tripod, GhostWriter
Reckamonic
(1) - AKnottedRope
StrangerCoug (1) - UncertainKitten
AKnottedRope (1) - Mariyta

Not Voting (2) -
Reckamonic
, Mina

Vote Count 1.3 - As of Post 100

Untrod Tripod (1) - UncertainKitten
Mariyta (3) -
Katsuki
AlmasterGM
havingfitz

Katsuki
(4) -
CooLDoG
Zang
, Untrod Tripod, GhostWriter
Reckamonic
(2) - AKnottedRope, StrangerCoug
GhostWriter (1) - Mina

Not Voting (1) -
Reckamonic

Vote Count 1.4 - As of Post 125

Mariyta (2) -
AlmasterGM
havingfitz

Katsuki
(2) - Untrod Tripod, GhostWriter
Reckamonic
(3) - StrangerCoug,
Zang
CooLDoG

CoolDoG
(2) - AKnottedRope,
Reckamonic

GhostWriter (2) - Mina,
Katsuki

Not Voting (0) - No one

Vote Count 1.5 - As of Post 176

Untrod Tripod (2) - UncertainKitten, Mariyta
Mariyta (2) -
AlmasterGM
havingfitz

Katsuki
Reckamonic
(3) - StrangerCoug,
Zang
CooLDoG

CoolDoG
(2) - AKnottedRope,
Reckamonic

GhostWriter (2) - Mina,
Katsuki

Not Voting (0) - No one
Vote Count 1.6 - As of Post 225

Mariyta (1) -
havingfitz

Katsuki
LynchMePls
(3) - StrangerCoug,
Zang
CooLDoG

StrangerCoug (1) -
AlmasterGM

AKnottedRope (1) -
LynchMePls

CoolDoG
(1) - AKnottedRope
GhostWriter (2) - Mina,
Katsuki

Not Voting (0) - No one

Vote Count 1.7 - As of Post 264

Katsuki (1) - Untrod Tripod
LynchMePls
(4) - StrangerCoug,
Zang
CooLDoG
havingfitz

StrangerCoug (1) -
AlmasterGM

AKnottedRope (1) -
LynchMePls

CoolDoG
(1) - AKnottedRope
havingfitz
(1) - GhostWriter
GhostWriter (2) - Mina,
Katsuki

Not Voting (0) - No one

Vote Count 1.8 - As of Post 275

AlmasterGM
(1) - StrangerCoug
Katsuki
(1) - Untrod Tripod
LynchMePls
(3) -
Zang
CooLDoG
havingfitz

AKnottedRope (1) -
LynchMePls

CoolDoG
(3) - AKnottedRope,
AlmasterGM
, GhostWriter
GhostWriter (2) - Mina,
Katsuki

Not Voting (0) - No one

Vote Count 1.9 - As of Post 304

AlmasterGM
(1) - StrangerCoug
Katsuki
(1) - Untrod Tripod
LynchMePls
(3) -
Zang
CooLDoG
havingfitz

AKnottedRope (1) -
LynchMePls

CooLDoG
(4) - AKnottedRope,
AlmasterGM
, GhostWriter, Mariyta
GhostWriter (2) - Mina,
Katsuki

Vote Count 1.10 - As of Post 325

AlmasterGM
(3) - StrangerCoug, UncertainKitten, AKnottedRope
Katsuki
(1) - Untrod Tripod
LynchMePls
(3) -
Zang
CooLDoG
havingfitz

AKnottedRope (1) -
LynchMePls

CooLDoG
(3) -
AlmasterGM
, GhostWriter, Mariyta
GhostWriter (2) - Mina,
Katsuki

Not Voting (0) - No one

Vote Count 1.11 - As of Post 375

Mariyta (1) -
Zang

AlmasterGM
(4) - StrangerCoug, UncertainKitten, AKnottedRope,
Katsuki

Katsuki
(1) - Untrod Tripod
LynchMePls
(2) -
CooLDoG
havingfitz

AKnottedRope (2) -
LynchMePls
AlmasterGM

CooLDoG
(2) -GhostWriter, Mariyta
GhostWriter (1) - Mina

Not Voting (0) - No one

Vote Count 1.12 - As of Post 425

Zang
(3) - Untrod Tripod, Mina, Mariyta
Mariyta (1) -
Zang

AlmasterGM
(4) - StrangerCoug, UncertainKitten, AKnottedRope,
Katsuki

LynchMePls
(2) -
CooLDoG
havingfitz

AKnottedRope (2) -
LynchMePls
AlmasterGM

CooLDoG
(1) - GhostWriter

Not Voting (0) - No one

Vote Count 1.13 - As of Post 453

Zang
(4) - Untrod Tripod, Mina, Mariyta, StrangerCoug
Mariyta (1) -
Zang

AlmasterGM
(3) - UncertainKitten, AKnottedRope,
Katsuki

LynchMePls
(1) -
CooLDoG

AKnottedRope (2) -
LynchMePls
AlmasterGM

CooLDoG
(1) - GhostWriter

Not Voting (1) -
havingfitz

Vote Count 1.14 - As of Post 477

Zang
(3) - Mina, Mariyta, StrangerCoug
Mariyta (1) -
Zang

AlmasterGM
(2) - AKnottedRope,
Katsuki

LynchMePls
(1) -
CooLDoG

StrangerCoug (3) - UncertainKitten, AlmasterGM, Untrod Tripod
AKnottedRope (1) -
LynchMePls

CooLDoG
(1) - GhostWriter

Not Voting (1) -
havingfitz

Vote Count 1.15 - As of Post 504

Zang
(2) - Mina, StrangerCoug
Mariyta (1) -
Zang

AlmasterGM
(2) - AKnottedRope,
Katsuki

LynchMePls
(1) -
CooLDoG

StrangerCoug (3) - UncertainKitten,
AlmasterGM
, Untrod Tripod
AKnottedRope (1) -
LynchMePls

CooLDoG
(1) - GhostWriter
UncertainKitten (1) -
havingfitz

Not Voting (1) - Mariyta

Vote Count 1.16 - As of Post 533

Zang
(2) - Mina, StrangerCoug
Untrod Tripod (1) - Mariyta
Mariyta (1) -
Zang

AlmasterGM
(2) - AKnottedRope,
Katsuki

LynchMePls
(1) -
CooLDoG

AlmasterGM
, Untrod Tripod
AKnottedRope (1) -
LynchMePls

CooLDoG
(1) - GhostWriter
UncertainKitten (1) -
havingfitz

Not Voting (0) -
Vote Count 1.17 - As of Post 584

Zang
(1) - StrangerCoug
Mariyta (1) -
Zang

AlmasterGM
(1) - AKnottedRope
StrangerCoug (4) - UncertainKitten,
AlmasterGM
, Untrod Tripod,
CooLDoG

CooLDoG
(2) - GhostWriter,
LynchMePls

UncertainKitten (2) -
havingfitz
Katsuki

Not Voting (1) - Mina

Vote Count 1.18 - As of Post 620

Mariyta (1) -
Zang

AlmasterGM (1) - AKnottedRope
Katsuki
(1) - Mina
AlmasterGM
CooLDoG

CooLDoG
(4) - GhostWriter,
LynchMePls
, Untrod Tripod, StrangerCoug
UncertainKitten (2) -
havingfitz
Katsuki

Not Voting (0) -

Vote Count 1.19 - As of Post 806

Untrod Tripod (2) - Mariyta,
CooLDoG

Mariyta (1) -
Zang

Katsuki
(5) - Mina, GhostWriter, StrangerCoug, Untrod Tripod,
AlmasterGM

CooLDoG
(1) -
LynchMePls

UncertainKitten (2) -
havingfitz
Katsuki

Not Voting (1) - GreyIce
Vote Count 1.20 - As of Post 826

CooLDoG

Katsuki
(6) - Mina, GhostWriter, StrangerCoug, Untrod Tripod,
AlmasterGM
, GreyICE
StrangerCoug (2) - UncertainKitten,
Zang

CooLDoG
(1) -
LynchMePls

UncertainKitten (2) -
havingfitz
Katsuki

Not Voting (0) - GreyIce
Vote Count 1.21 - As of Post 869

CooLDoG

Katsuki
(5) - Mina, GhostWriter, StrangerCoug,
AlmasterGM
, GreyICE
StrangerCoug (2) - UncertainKitten,
Zang

CooLDoG
(1) -
LynchMePls

UncertainKitten (1) -
Katsuki

Not Voting (1) - Untrod Tripod
Vote Count 1.22 - As of Post 933

Katsuki
(6) - Mina, StrangerCoug,
AlmasterGM
, GreyICE,
CooLDoG
Zang

UncertainKitten (2) -
Katsuki
LynchMePls

Not Voting (2) - Untrod Tripod, GhostWriter

Final Vote Count of Day 1 - Lynch occurred as of Post 946

Katsuki
(LYNCHED) - Mina, StrangerCoug,
AlmasterGM
, GreyICE,
CooLDoG
Zang
, Untrod Tripod
UncertainKitten (2) -
Katsuki
LynchMePls

Not Voting (1) - GhostWriter

Spoiler: Day Two Vote Counts
Vote Count 2.0 - as of Post 975

Untrod Tripod (2) - Mariyta, GreyICE
UncertainKitten (1) -
LynchMePls

Not Voting (8) - Zang, Untrod Tripod,
AlmasterGM
, StrangerCoug,
CooLDoG
, UncertainKitten, Mina, GhostWriter

Vote Count 2.1 - as of Post 1018

Zang
(1) - StrangerCoug
Untrod Tripod (4) - Mariyta, GreyICE,
LynchMePls
CooLDoG

Not Voting (6) -
Zang
, Untrod Tripod,
AlmasterGM
Vote Count 2.2 - as of Post 1059

Zang
(1) - StrangerCoug
Untrod Tripod (4) - Mariyta, GreyICE,
LynchMePls
CooLDoG

StrangerCoug (1) -
Zang

Not Voting (5) - Untrod Tripod,
AlmasterGM

Vote Count 2.3 - as of Post 1100

Zang
(3) - StrangerCoug,
CooLDoG
, UncertainKitten
Untrod Tripod (3) - Mariyta, GreyICE,
LynchMePls

StrangerCoug (1) -
Zang

Not Voting (4) - Untrod Tripod,
AlmasterGM
, Mina, GhostWriter

Vote Count 2.4 - as of Post 1130

Zang
(4) - StrangerCoug,
CooLDoG
, Mariyta,
LynchMePls

Untrod Tripod (1) - GreyICE
LynchMePls
(1) - UncertainKitten
StrangerCoug (1) -
Zang

Not Voting (4) - Untrod Tripod,
AlmasterGM
, Mina, GhostWriter

Vote Count 2.5 - as of Post 1175

Zang
(3) - StrangerCoug,
CooLDoG
LynchMePls

Untrod Tripod (2) -
GreyICE
, Mariyta
LynchMePls
(1) - UncertainKitten
StrangerCoug (1) -
Zang

GreyICE (1) -
AlmasterGM

Not Voting (3) - Untrod Tripod, Mina, GhostWriter

Vote Count 2.6 - as of Post 1225

Zang
(3) - StrangerCoug,
CooLDoG
LynchMePls

Untrod Tripod (2) - GreyICE, Mariyta
LynchMePls
(1) - UncertainKitten
StrangerCoug (1) -
Zang

GreyICE (1) -
AlmasterGM

Not Voting (3) - Untrod Tripod, Mina, GhostWriter

Vote Count 2.7 - as of Post 1254

Zang
(4) - StrangerCoug,
CooLDoG
LynchMePls
, Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod (2) - GreyICE, Mariyta
LynchMePls (1) - UncertainKitten
StrangerCoug (1) -
Zang

GreyICE (1) -
AlmasterGM

Not Voting (2) - Mina, GhostWriter

Final Vote Count of Day 2 - Lynch occurred as of Post 1281

Zang
(LYNCHED) - StrangerCoug,
CooLDoG
LynchMePls
, Untrod Tripod, Mariyta, GreyICE
LynchMePls (1) - UncertainKitten
StrangerCoug (1) - Zang
GreyICE (1) -
AlmasterGM

Not Voting (2) - Mina, GhostWriter

Next step is to draw conclusions from all this (will save it for another post). However, all in all, this was probably a waste of time, and is making me go around in circles and doubt my reads. ("Oh no! Would Zang leaving his vote on Mariyta all day because they're
not
scumbuddies, or as distancing? Would StrangerCoug and Zang both pile up on LMP at once?") I wish I could borrow our mod's brain for this. GreyICE and UncertainKitten both look worse based purely on votes as opposed to behaviour, though.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1354 (isolation #49) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Mina »

OMG OMG OMG!

AlmasterGM. Important question for you.

Exactly when did you claim vigilante in the QT?

I literally want the exact date.

(Also, just realized that on D2, I coloured Zang as green once and forgot to colour him a few other times. But meh, I doubt D2 tells us anything useful when Zang was already outed.)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1355 (isolation #50) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Mina »

AGM? Correct me if I'm wrong. You can doctor-protect on odd nights and vig-kill on even nights, right?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1362 (isolation #51) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Mina »

AGM, again, you can doctor-protect on odd nights and vig on even?

And fuck. This is annoying. I have two theories which both lead to the EXACT OPPOSITE conclusions.

My theory was that the scumteam would start pushing you once they suspected you were a SK. And guess what? I checked, and the first vote on you was SC's on Wednesday, January 26th. The wagon snowballled by Thursday.

But then I realized that on the contrary, were I a scum neighbour with a player who claimed vigilante, I'd assume he was telling the truth. So scum would have probably been hesitant to wagon you, since they'd know your role was provable anyway and you'd wriggle out of a lynch. And who would want to provoke a vig? It wouldn't be until CooLDoG's claim that they might suspect you were a SK. (Amusingly, that would make my guess of T vs. T, T and probably T accurate. :P)

And of course, Zang might have not even posted your role in the scum QT, or there might not be daytalk, or the players wouldn't have been logical enough to care, and with a RB to make you look like a liar, this would all be null, anyway.

Never mind Zang claiming to have roleblocked Mariyta over you. Were he really a SK, he probably wouldn't have. And of course, if she was really roleblocked, that would be a sign SpyreX is town, because I'd doubt he'd guess you'd really roleblocked...aah, WIFOM.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1430 (isolation #52) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Mina »

To be honest, I'd have to lie if I said I had ONE top suspect right now. I think two out of three of a certain group of players are scum. Currently, GhostWriter looks worst according to the VCs alone....

Oh, you know what? Fine. Just for you.

VOTE: GhostWriter

That said, I'm in the middle of a big post before my V/LA that is nothing but "theory bullshit."

Unfortunately, ABR will take over for a week, and I don't know what he even thinks about the game at this point.

What's annoying is that I was convinced it was SpyreX at the beginning of the day--yeah, yeah, call this distancing, I know. But the VCs have been psyching me out, because GI and GW both avoid the Zang wagon and have been acting dodgy, while SC's vote was the tipping point away from AGM to Zang. Meanwhile, SX has occasionally sounded sincere, while GreyICE has gone so far off the deep end that sometimes he sounds as though he's just making up weird theories for the hell of it, and I agree that GI's role is infinitely more likely to be a scum role if AGM is town (it's anybody's guess if AGM is third party).

...Okay, you know what's annoying? I might change my vote when I look at how likely a GI/SX partnership is. Make a case on me tomorrow if one of them flips scum about how "I was distancing from my buddy" because I said this. I'm not going to pretend I'm more confident than I am.

(For the record, if there hadn't been no kill on N1, I would totally be spinning paranoid theories about AGM being a Mafioso with a one-shot vig kill.)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1449 (isolation #53) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Mina »

SpyreX isn't trying to lynch me...

...Okay. Getting scared now, particularly since suggesting a theory about Mafia having a one-shot vig isn't a towntell. (And yes, I did have the same theory about CD at the time, but I will honestly say that I could easily fake that kind of speculation as scum.)

SpyreX, can you explain just what you'd noticed in the VCs beyond, "Ooh, there are SECRETS in there"? I won't tell you, but if you look, I promise they're there.

I don't agree with your reasoning on AGM's claim, but I'm really torn on whether I should share my thoughts on him.

AGM, question. Why did you vote Katsuki on D1 even as you said the people wagoning him were probably scum? And you SERIOUSLY killed LMP because you trusted UK's judgment so much that you went against your own certainty that you'd nailed the scumteam?

Also, AGM, why did you only claim the vig part of your role to Zang?

======================================================

I should be packing for my trip, but I'm just going to look at the VCs. I think the order in which people vote, the zeitgeist at the time, etc., is usually much more important than the votes out of context. But eh, why not?

Open this post in a separate tab and follow along. I'm too lazy to copy and paste the relevant vote counts.

-Early on in the game, between Vote Counts 1.1-2, the rival wagons on Katsuki and Mariyta start building. Note: Zang is already on this wagon. Since none of those three were serious lynch contenders, that makes it more likely that only one of SC, UT, and GW are scum. If Mariyta is scum, that increases the likelihood that her buddy is in {SC, UT, GW}.

Stuff gets a bit wonky after Reck's claim. SC's move to Reckamonic when Mariyta was still up on the board COULD mean they're less likely buddies, but did the Katsuki and Mariyta wagons even have any momentum at those points in the game?

(On a side note, regardless of SpyreX's flip, I was right there would be a two-one split between the pro- and anti-LMP camps.)

-I doubt UK and Mariyta are scumbuddies because both of them are the entire Untrod Tripod wagon early on. Based on their interactions, Mariyta buddies up too openly to UK in the thread (the whole thing about not wanting to rile her up). I know Katsuki accused them of being scum together, but I think their early-game interactions are too strong.

-Looking at the early CD wagon (1.10), I'd guess 1-2 scum among {AKR, GhostWriter, Mariyta}.

-The AGM wagon (see 1.11 for example) REALLY throws me off. Because remember, AGM had apparently claimed vig in the QT to Zang. But that would clear StrangerCoug, UK, AND AKR, and I'd be surprised if ONE of SC/AKR wasn't scum. It's a piece of evidence against AKR and SC being a scumteam, however. (But of course, this is all null if there's no daytalk or Zang never claimed.)

-Mariyta's voting pattern on D1 makes me uneasy, because she always seems late to wagons. That said, Zang doesn't seem like the type to distance, and she's early on his wagon, so that gives her a few town points. Just one thing that worries me: she doesn't vote Zang until two people voted him, even though he'd attacked her early on.

-Zang is an asshole. Why did he have to lurk so badly and never vote? Just to spite us? He leaves his vote on Mariyta for half the day when no one is even attacking her. There's a sore lack of red on the major wagons.

-SC's move to Zang tipped the votes from AGM to him. I won't rule him out as a buddy, because he might have sensed the writing was on the wall for Zang. However, I am going to make a bold statement--particularly since I think Mariyta has been wishy-washy on SC this game. There is almost certainly not a Mariyta-Stranger Coug scumteam. Zang had two votes on him: UT and me. The AGM wagon had four votes on it before Mariyta and Zang both made their move. Yes, I know Zang sucked. But then both Mariyta and SC said, "Hey, why don't we throw Zang under a bus, both of us in a row"? I should probably check to see if there was any momentum against Zang at that point (IIRC, AKR and UK disliked him).

I actually wouldn't go as far as to rule out SC-UT and Mariyta-UT, because UT's vote might have been initial distancing from a buddy under no danger, and then one or both of them might have felt pressured to jump on when they saw momentum swing their way. But Mari-UT are unlikely scum together anyway, so...

-The StrangerCoug wagon confuses me. Two of the four players on it are town/other. Initially I doubt SC is scum with UT or UK based on it. Remember, it happened really, really quickly--like all the votes piled up on him in a row. I mean...the lynch on Scumbuddy A has miraculously been averted, so jump quickly onto Scumbuddy B? If SC is scum, the CD wagon would have more likely sprung up as a counterwagon to him. UK gets more Not-Buddy points for being the first vote on him.

-...And then UT decides to counteract all the Not-StrangerCoug's-Buddy points he'd earned, and moves his vote from SC to CooLDoG (IIRC, did UT even ONCE suspect CD before parroting GW's CD case?) for rather unconvincing reasons. JUST as there was momentum on the SC wagon. Ugh. Uuuuugh. ;_;

-Gah. Zang's second vote on StrangerCoug, after SC's wagon was dying and everyone had moved onto Katsuki. GAH! Fuck you, WIFOM gods.

-I'm not sure it's fair for UT to quote every time SC has said something negative about Zang as proof that they ARE buddies (because you could do the same exercise with anyone)...but I don't like that after AGM came out with his information, SC was the only one who clung steadfastly to "Yeah, Zang is scum. For realz." And then he jumped on to Katsuki. Ugh, I want to smack him for replacing out like that.

-The entire {UT, GW, SC} group can be found both on the D1 CooLDoG wagons and Katsuki wagons. Now I'm torn as to whether GW or UT, as SC's buddy, would jump from CD to Katsuki like that. Did they see more support for a Kats wagon? I'd also be very surprised if the first five Katsuki voters were all town (bringing me back to {SC, GW, UT}). Notably, Mariyta avoids the Katsuki wagon, which adds to my not-SC's-buddy read.

-All this time, AKR has been absent and left his vote. Need to ISO him to see if he was posting while various players were being wagoned. I could have sworn GreyICE had voted UK at some point on D1. Meh, stupid insanely fast day. Not sure if we can learn anything from all those hopping on and off the Katsuki wagon, simply because it's too chaotic for them to go, "Oh, shit, my buddy's already on this wagon."

...I'd thought D2 wouldn't be that useful, but I'd forgotten that despite the short day, there was a bit of wagon moving. Still, AGM's claim messed things up, so this would probably be more useful in context.

-I'm so thrown off by VC 2.2. Why isn't UT voting? Why are the last two players on the UT wagon town? Would Mariyta and GI vote in tandem like that as buddies? I don't even know.

-SC and Zang's cross-votes, unfortunately, tell us little when there were four votes on UT at the time. This was also before AGM decided to come forward.

-Not crazy about how Mariyta jumps back and forth between the UT and Zang wagons all day. I need to reread that day for myself.

-I just realized something. Me, AGM, Zang, UK, and GW were off the final Zang wagon on D2. Since I don't think UK is scum, from my POV, there has to be at least one player bussing at the end of D2.

Conclusions

-StrangerCoug is unlikely to be scum with either UK or Mariyta.
-UK and Mariyta are unlikely scum together.
-UT and Mariyta are unlikely scum together based on their play.
-I predict one scum among GhostWriter, Untrod Tripod, and StrangerCoug.
-I predict only one scum among SC, AKR, and UK due to their interactions with AGM.

GhostWriter holds the dubious honour of not having voted for a single player all game who hasn't already flipped town. (Also, from my POV, he has never been voted for by scum, although in his defence, he hasn't got much heat.)

But I don't think I'll ever bother with VCA again, because it wasn't really worth the trouble.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1452 (isolation #54) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Mina »

Omigod.

SX forcing the 1 v. 1 like that is giving me nightmares that this is T v. T.

In which case, I am going to cry and say GG scum.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1461 (isolation #55) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Mina »

Well, up to you to convince the town of that.
To convince the town that we should lynch one of you and SpyreX?

Since your vote is on SpyreX, don't you agree with this?

Aaah. My paranoia is really acting up about UT and Mariyta right now. I hate Mafia sometimes.
Wagons just do not reach L-1 at that speed without scum support (ignoring AGM ftm), and as I said, 1 on 1 off is how I almost always see it.
Which wagon are you talking about?

Re: UK: ehhhh. I think they'd probably have to attack each other as scum, given their history. But they're doing a good acting job and putting a lot of energy into this back-and-forth if they are.

SX: you mind answering my direct questions to you?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1466 (isolation #56) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Mina »

@SpyreX, I meant this (I fixed my quotation marks):
Mina wrote:SpyreX, can you explain just what you'd noticed in the VCs beyond, "Ooh, there are SECRETS in there? I won't tell you, but if you look, I promise they're there."
@UK, note the second sentence:
But they're doing a good acting job and putting a lot of energy into this back-and-forth if they are.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1520 (isolation #57) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Mina »

I really hope I was wrong about StrangerCoug and GhostWriter now. That's a scumteam I don't want to see.

Right now, I have to do last-minute shopping for my trip, and there are other games I haven't checked in on, so I'll let ABR step in now. Good luck for the next week, town, and don't do anything stupid!

EBWOPreview: ...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”