Mini 1111: Wait Your Turn, Tex! (GAME OVER)

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

VOTE: UltimaAvalon just to save him the trouble of doing it himself.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Katsuki wrote:
Fate wrote:(FTR I only wanted Katsuki dead because as town he'll vig me like a moron, and as scum he'll vig me and say "LULZMETA" so either way I'm dead tonight. /tear)
That's pretty cute.

More fate votes please.
Agreed. I'm not sure if Fate drew Chaotic Random for this game, or what, but
unvote, vote: Fate
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #80 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Not sure how to help you with the transition, to be honest. Also, I just noticed that we joined the site 9 days apart.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #148 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

UA already said most of it, but the main problem that I have with Fate is that he's doing anything to convince us that he's not scum, so much as screaming at us for thinking it. His only defense so far has been meta, which is WIFOM at best- claiming that he must be town because his meta says it doesn't amount to anything, because meta can be faked. So why don't you calm down, and start playing as actual town?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #201 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Fate wrote:Hoopla I just outlined the ACTUAL intention behind ALL of my play this time.

The only time I play to the 'YOU CANT READ ME GAMBIT MASTAH" is when I'm town in a closed-setup and I DONT want scum to be able to read me and my role.
Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2. So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #223 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:
Fate wrote:Hoopla I just outlined the ACTUAL intention behind ALL of my play this time.

The only time I play to the 'YOU CANT READ ME GAMBIT MASTAH" is when I'm town in a closed-setup and I DONT want scum to be able to read me and my role.
Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2.
So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
(
Emphasis mine.
)

The bolded line is what bothers me. Your vote is on Fate, which says you think he's scum. But you're encouraging him to play in a more town manner, which either means you're unsure of your read on him, or you're convinced he's town and voting him anyways.

Do explain this contradiction.
It's not a contradiction, so much as a miscommunication, it would seem. To be, the phrase "play like a townie" is more or less synonymous with "playing to win", and it's as much a general comment as it is an in-game one. Fate claims to love playing gambits, but none I've seen have been super-useful, and many are incredibly counter-productive. I have a scum read on him, but of course, I can't be 100% certain; and short of Fate saying so himself, I doubt that anyone could be. But I am confident in my vote as it stands.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #243 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:
AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:

Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2.
So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
(
Emphasis mine.
)

The bolded line is what bothers me. Your vote is on Fate, which says you think he's scum. But you're encouraging him to play in a more town manner, which either means you're unsure of your read on him, or you're convinced he's town and voting him anyways.

Do explain this contradiction.
It's not a contradiction, so much as a miscommunication, it would seem. To be, the phrase "play like a townie" is more or less synonymous with "playing to win", and it's as much a general comment as it is an in-game one. Fate claims to love playing gambits, but none I've seen have been super-useful, and many are incredibly counter-productive. I have a scum read on him, but of course, I can't be 100% certain; and short of Fate saying so himself, I doubt that anyone could be. But I am confident in my vote as it stands.
In other words, "I don't want to be held fully accountable for anything I say, because you know, we could be wrong."

Ok there.
Doing your best to find a scum read, I see, even if you have to twist to get there. But, please, if you can guarantee anything with 100% accuracy, do let me know. My stock portfolio could use the help.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #248 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:Doing your best to find a scum read, I see, even if you have to twist to get there. But, please, if you can guarantee anything with 100% accuracy, do let me know. My stock portfolio could use the help.
There's a difference between guaranteeing with 100% accuracy, and saying "I'm willing to back my reads up and step up behind them."

You're not willing to.
And how did you come to that conclusion? I stated, quite plainly, that I was confident in a Fate lynch, and you've taken every opportunity to claim that I meant everything except that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #250 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hoopla wrote:Sudo, when you don't end up getting your Fate lynch, will you hop on the Xalxe wagon?
Quite possibly, if only to avoid a No Lynch. I haven't been reading especially close on Xalxe, I admit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”