Mini 1111: Wait Your Turn, Tex! (GAME OVER)

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wow had no idea game would start so soon, so much for temp retirement

Vote: Chamber
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I don't know if you fellas are joking or not and I don't know if claiming is a good idea or not

the original texas justice was broken by pairing all players to shoot each other because all town could shoot but not all scum could. unless we got lucky with who claimed what and where they paired off I think we'd get screwed or likly forced into a draw. Anybody know the math behind how the last one was broken or any good at math to figure out how we could apply something breaking here?

I don't know if I've ever voted for UA before in any game. Given his history of self voting day one I've kinda always wanted to do it just for laughs. What happened instead is funny but I don't know if I like it better since I don't remember if I've ever taken the chance to enjoy his gimmick before
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

UltimaAvalon wrote:I had the choice of self-hammering simply to preserve my meta, and now I have the choice to do so by putting myself at L-1

Instead I'm going to
Vote: PokerFace

Longest post in the game that doesn't use quote pyramids,
blatantly tries to end the RVS
, and manages to not really say anything.
Ahh but in voting me for a reason, you are also blatantly trying to end the RVS

Your wagon is gone so start your meta
Unvote, Vote: UA
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Your wagon is gone so start your meta
That's not how meta works
Well whatever I guess if you don't want to join in it now its no fun anymore

I ran some math trying to figure out if there was anything breaking via mass claim or cross killings. I found nothing

What's the case on katsuki?

I'll jump on Xalxe since he was first to use Fos. When you are this early in the game an Fos has no point but trying to avoid getting suspected or making any waves. He should have just voted as I don't think there is anything truly wrong with omgus in RVS or this early in the game

Unvote, vote: Xalxe
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

36 hour postings and 7 day deadlines, strict game requirements indeed. I got alot to do tonight but i should get a chance to post thursday evening
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2723031
hoopla said my logic earlier was sheeping. Back then only votes on xalxe were from scot and hoops. scot voted xalxe because he didn't like his policy voting and hoops voted him then for:
Hoopla wrote:
Xalxe wrote:And again? Really?
If I'd voted someone else, you'd have definitely have voted me then. You're worried about appearing OMGUSy.
As I voted xalxe for FOSing earlier because it seemed like he was trying to avoid making an impact on the game i don't see how I was sheeping. only thing i had in common with hoops there was commenting on omgus and I think my thoughts may have ran together there.
UltimaAvalon wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:I had the choice of self-hammering simply to preserve my meta, and now I have the choice to do so by putting myself at L-1

Instead I'm going to
Vote: PokerFace

Longest post in the game that doesn't use quote pyramids,
blatantly tries to end the RVS
, and manages to not really say anything.
Ahh but in voting me for a reason, you are also blatantly trying to end the RVS
Translation: No U
PokerFace wrote:Your wagon is gone so start your meta
That's not how meta works
PokerFace wrote:
Unvote, Vote: UA
lol omgus
UA gave omgus as a reason to keep voting me. I don't really consider that a scum tell early on in the game especially since I was primarily trying to get fun out of his stitch but aparently he didn't want to wait to try it later, oh well. I did find it interesting that his logic was rather counter intuitive.

@Fate

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p2723512
Fate a word of advice such a meta is why people think you are dumb or dislike you. Have you ever stopped to consider what effects your actions may have on the other players? If you are town and playing anti-town the true town players will want to get rid of you and or focus on you instead of finding scum. Wouldn't it be better if you hunted scum and didn't throw off the reads of others? That way entire town would find scum sooner. Do you disagree?

Something odd here
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p2723686
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2723691
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2723701
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p2723804
When did Fritz say Fate was scum? Last I checked Agar said that. Did you confuse your read and avy at the same time? That doesn't make sence since you should know what you said. I am starting to wonder if either fritz is not paying attention to the game and or he just answered that way to help agar or distance from fate. Fritz what are your real reads of Fate and Agar?

Katsuki pointed out where others may or may not have claimed. I think Kat is town as a scum him wouldn't have pointed it in game he'd simply kill fate or have one of his buddies do it since i imagine scums want to eliminate the even vigs asap. Don't think scum kat would waste time saying it unless he really thought it was reason to think fate is scum

I'm starting to think Fate is scum. His desire to get rid of kats is practically policy since he thinks kats will get rid of him. I don't like fate's stance
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p2724100
that could be telling of one of his buddies especially since hoopla said
Hoopla wrote:For what it's worth, the casual role-info dropping should probably cease, because we want as many N2 vigs alive for tomorrow to give us good chances of winning the game. Telegraphing who's even and who's odd to scum is a bad move. Unless of course this is your subtle way of wifom'ing the scums, in which case, continue (don't really).
and followed that up with:
Hoopla wrote:
Entering this game, I was really hoping I'd draw scum or odd-night-vig, just so I was (nearly) guaranteed to get to kill someone
- I suspect someone like Fate was operating under the same mentality. His earlier postings of worrying about being killed N1 seem very genuine and though scum don't want to die, it seems more fitting with being an N2 vig, as scum would still get to fire a bullet N1 anyway.

Although he's improving his scumgame, the frenzied and passionate defenses are difficult to fake. These posts are riddled with self-meta evaluations and hollow wifom defenses - Fate would be less inclined to defend himself in such a manner as scum, because it is something that naturally seems scummy. This looks like pure emotion which is why he isn't bound by such worries. I'm pretty confident he is an N2 vig, in which case, I hope nobody targets him and we force mafia to waste a bullet on him, if they want one less threat on N2.
So first you say we shouldn't claim or wifom it and then you totatally just did one of those things and pointed to the scum to off Fate? And I thought you said Fate was town?
Hoopla wrote:
Fate wrote:Looks like my gambit is working already Hoops.

Heheheheheh
I think you're retroactively considering your play a gambit to
cover your tracks,
but whatever. I don't really care.
If he was town he wouldn't need to cover his tracks
Hoopla wrote:Because it would be easier for me to help convince the town you're town if you didn't do stuff like "HAYY I'M DOING GAMBIT LOLLLLLL, LOOK AT MEEEE" - my goal here is to convince the townies not to shoot you, forcing scum to waste a bullet on you (if they too believe you're a N2 vig), but I doubt I'm going to get that to happen. I think it's your fault though for making this so difficult.
I don't buy any of this^
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p2724412
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p2724426
Sudo makes a good case on fate in light of what UA said

Yay fritz is confusing and I am leaning scum on hoopla and Fate. feel stronger about them than i did about xaixe earlier.
unvote, vote: hoopla

I am at post 164 I'll read the rest later.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #227 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p2725682
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p2725690
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p2727045
After reading posts like these I am re considering my reasoning I am starting to consider hoopla is town and thought fate was town as apposed to scum defending scum or scum buddying. It kinda makse sence. Only thing that don't make sence is where she almost soft claimed too.
Hoopla wrote:
PokerFace wrote: that could be telling of one of his buddies especially since hoopla said
Hoopla wrote:For what it's worth, the casual role-info dropping should probably cease, because we want as many N2 vigs alive for tomorrow to give us good chances of winning the game. Telegraphing who's even and who's odd to scum is a bad move. Unless of course this is your subtle way of wifom'ing the scums, in which case, continue (don't really).
and followed that up with:
Hoopla wrote:
Entering this game, I was really hoping I'd draw scum or odd-night-vig, just so I was (nearly) guaranteed to get to kill someone
So first you say we shouldn't claim or wifom it and then you totatally just did one
Any particular reason you did that? Also you have played many games with fate, Yes? How many?

@Sudo

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p2727859
Are you voting Fate because you think he is scum for acting anti-town with no good reason OR do you think he is town acting anti-town and should stop or be killed?

I just read sudo's last post. It answers my question but the last part in it bothers me
Sudo_Nym wrote:I have a scum read on him, but of course, I can't be 100% certain; and short of Fate saying so himself, I doubt that anyone could be. But I am confident in my vote as it stands.
This part hear seems to suggest you have some doubt or you are trying not to get blamed for him possibly being town and I think scum would be more prone to worying about being blamed than town, especially before fate's flip. feels like you know how he'd flip, so yay I am starting to get a scum read on sudo too.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p2726566
check the timestamp on my post and your post. we simulposted so no I wasn't copying you we just thought simular at that point. also check the part at the end of my post where i said I had only read up to post 164.

Xalxe your play so far seems kinda angry. You say you agree with UA and sudo and then yell at them for making you feel useless. Also to note your laugh at my post. I'm however not sure why you are disturbed when you had 2 votes at first seeing you disturbed at when you were l-1 is expected but again why angry at people not voting you? Your actions feel wierd, couple that with what you said earlier and what I thought before where you didn't make waves, makes me think you may be worth the deadline lynch. But its not time for that yet I think right now I am waiting on hooplas response before i get off her

I am wondering what may exist in UA's no lynch thought. The math i had earlier involved a massclaim with vidging and no lynching, I am wondering how UA's is different. We can't all kill at once or easily control who can kill when and since all scum can kill on the same night i am not sue how we could break it. If you disagree then explain.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #229 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

i was just explaining how it would have been impossible to copy you given timings of our posts

In general your comments seemed to imply something against me, sudo, UA. maybe i misnderstood them still I think you could have said "oh I agree and think blank" as apposed to "well thanks for doing all that or copying me [insert somewhat insulting comment here]"

Basically you comments did come off as sheeping and in a good way because you seemed to want the credit for it all and not want them to have the credit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #230 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

ebwop:
PokerFace wrote:Basically you comments did come off as sheeping and
NOT
in a good way because you seemed to want the credit for it all and not want us 3 to have the credit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #235 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

should be noted that CES actually quoted me there and not sudo

I would have perfered that answer coming from sudo and not you CES. I can't say i agree with your first sentence cause it still feels like he was acknowledging it to agar, as though he didn't want agar to go after him. Your second sentence is part right though since I suppose sudo isn't exactly acknowledging it to everyone, just agar.

At the very least I don't think sudo and agar are both scum given how sudo answers him at the end. That sentence wouldn't be there if they were friends. And in truth i have absolutly no reason to think agar is scum at this point in the game. I am just still uncertain on sudo

What do you think of sudo in general CES?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #237 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hoopla wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
How does this make sense as a softclaim...?

This passage describes my mindset prior to the game - I was using that state of feeling to describe and possibly explain Fate's action. That quote has zero bearing on my role.
ahh i see you were relating to fate in order to explain fates action. when i first read it I thought your were sympathizing with him to say you were the same. i'll read all that again shortly to make sure your story checks out.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #239 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:should be noted that CES actually quoted me there and not sudo

I would have perfered that answer coming from sudo and not you CES. I can't say i agree with your first sentence cause it still feels like he was acknowledging it to agar, as though he didn't want agar to go after him. Your second sentence is part right though since I suppose sudo isn't exactly acknowledging it to everyone, just agar.

At the very least I don't think sudo and agar are both scum given how sudo answers him at the end. That sentence wouldn't be there if they were friends. And in truth i have absolutly no reason to think agar is scum at this point in the game. I am just still uncertain on sudo

What do you think of sudo in general CES?
I'll go over xalxe and hoops and give what I think of them later
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #263 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got work shortly, after that expect content
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #276 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

well i get off work and its already done. guess I'll comment on some things though
Hoopla wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Fate's pretty obviously town, and I know a dumb townie is going to shoot Fate N1 - but lets please not waste more than one bullet (preferably none, but I'm realistic) on him tonight.
I think you and I are seeing different things here.

What exactly says he's town?
Entering this game, I was really hoping I'd draw scum or odd-night-vig, just so I was (nearly) guaranteed to get to kill someone - I suspect someone like Fate was operating under the
same
mentality.
yay thats why i thought you were sympathisizing and still do a little bit but I'm going to get off this topic for now since you already said you weren't safe claiming. thats enough for now i guess
______

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I got that was what you meant; I was just jokingly pointing out that your lynch looks a whole lot more inevitable.
Xalxe wrote:I'd be up for a CES lynch today, mainly due to scum-meta
What are you on about? I have yet to see someone apply scum-meta to me.
I have only read one game where CES was scum and it your Pirates vs Ninjas play does not resemble your play here which bodes well for you. I still have some suspicion of sudo like I don't entirly buy your defense of him but thats worthless as I don't truly know sudo's alignment

And thats likly all i will get time for

thinking sudo and new chamber are buddies possibly with CES rounding it out assuming sudo is in the group. i won't say what town or nuetral or whatever other reads i got this close to deadline
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #277 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

that last part is asuming xalxe is scum if he ain't i will have to rethink alot
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #278 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

fate put up some defense to accusations on him while xalxe put up nothing much but an attack back on fate so yay i'm not unhappy with how things turned out and think that was better choice out of those 2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #283 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

if you read my last few posts you'd see where i began to change my opinion. at any rate we'll just see what happens
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #327 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

people should pay attention to who soft claimed what and see how many of what dies and compare to catch scum in lies. just saying it may be a good idea pending what happens tonight
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #332 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok 7 dead, 6 kills last night, either 2 scums and 4 odds shot or 3 scums and 3 odds shot.

Should we massclaim and if so, which claim method should we use (Popcorn, random, etc)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #333 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

also
V/LA Jan 27-31
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #338 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

policy lynch?

Also i forgot the possibility of 3 scum and 4 odd killings meaning 1 victim was killed by 2 people
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #340 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

I said I thought Kats was town since she pointed out your softclaiming as apposed to just keeping his mouth shut and killing you. I also said I didn't like how you were lynching based on policy. Thats not really a chainsaw especially since i went after hoopla and not you. If anyone was chainsawing it was xalxe

What do you think of kats now as she obviously didn't kill you?

I have to wonder if kats thought she could lynch you on just that or if it was distancing. My first impulse though says you aren't scum as a result of xalxe's play.

If I must claim I am even and obviously have not shot

I would like scotmany or UA to claim next.

@CES

I assume you have played with sudo before. What do you generally think of him?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #355 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

I clearly missed a class in college or am just overworked as some of CES's stuff is complicated. UA being only confirmed should get final call on what plan is best. I am fairly certain scotmany is scum while i have no clue as to who of fate or CES is his buddy. Fate's actions seem to swing in all directions and I doubt CES would have stuck his neck out for sudo yesterday. I'll take some time to think on this
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #362 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Square with no lynch = 50%

scuma > towna > scumb > Townb> = win
scumb > townb > scuma > Towna> = win
scuma > townb > scumb > Towna> = win
scumb > towna > scuma > Townb> = win

scuma > scumb > towna > Townb> = loose
scuma > scumb > townb > Towna> = loose
scumb > scuma > towna > Townb> = loose
scumb > scuma > townb > Towna> = loose

Triangle with lynch = 50%

lynch 50% chance hit scum and if that goes through then triangle does too obviously

Cross with no lynch

scuma >< towna & scumb >< townb = Win
scumb >< towna & scuma >< townb = Win
scuma >< scumb & towna >< townb = Loose

Lookslike cross is best option. UA check my math and tell me what you think and who i should cross with
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #379 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay sorry for putting all the pressure on you UA. And you aren't the only bad person at mafia. My skills are best set for certain situations

I was thinking me shooting CES would be best but I guess this works as well. I have mixed views on both fate and CES so I guess I just have to be wrong once. Got no firm read on scot.

My first impulse is usually best, Fate's jump on xalxe when he could have stayed on me, makes me think he is town. He was pushing real hard on me before that so I doubt he would have given up as scum so easily. CES didn't push as much and was one of the last to jump ship. Scot was one of the first to vote xalxe and with little reason and so xalxe and kats getting caught working together against Fate as scott wasn't arround to help them seems probable. Kats play felt indictive of a player that didn't know what to do when xalxe was going down and was conflicted in helping and attacking fate after that. Scum play in general from the 2 of them felt unplanned. Don't see fate, kats, xalxe masterminding a game where their intent was to clear fate so he would survive it all. And even if they had that kind of master plan CES and Scott wouldn't go along with it. I'll take the odds that scum weren't real organized and didn't take real advantage of their talk on day 1

Vote: no lynch
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #397 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

something is not right here. I ain't read much of the recent exchange just a little arround the vote count but it looks like CES complained because he wanted to shoot me and
didn't vote
. I understand he thinks i am scum but if he were scum he would want to be aligned with his partner so neither of them would die. As i know i am not said partner that puzzles me. either he wants vengence on me for ruining his chance at the win or he is town that honestly thinks i am scum. And I don't want to be paired with a townie, I'd rather hit scum so that town ultimatly wins. This means CES could be town

Unvote

I am going to read all the posts that just happened, listen to UA and then revote no lynch when we are ready again
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #398 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

unvote
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #399 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Case:
PokerFace (#55) wrote:Ahh but in voting me for a reason, you are also blatantly trying to end the RVS
Pure rhetorical jibberjabber - an obvious sign that PokerFace wants to justify his vote, not find scum.
PokerFace (#55) wrote:Your wagon is gone so start your meta
Feels off.
PokerFace (#65) wrote:Well whatever I guess if you don't want to join in it now its no fun anymore
Posturing.

I was basically trying to have some lulz

PokerFace (#65) wrote:What's the case on katsuki?
On Page 3.

As i was having lulz i obviously wasn't paying real attention so I didn't know what it was

PokerFace (#65) wrote:I'll jump on Xalxe since he was first to use Fos. When you are this early in the game an Fos has no point but trying to avoid getting suspected or making any waves. He should have just voted as I don't think there is anything truly wrong with omgus in RVS or this early in the game
Reasoning is mostly okay here, albeit unconvincing, but 1) "first to use FoS" is a very weird criterion since I don't see how the order in which it happened should matter and 2) Fate was the first to FoS. Looks like distancing.

Fate was the first to FOS someone? either I didn't see it or he justified more strong opinions elsewhere. The point is I don't think xalxe was voting anyone back then at all which would be indictive of wasting time and not making moves early in the game
Xalxe (#73) wrote:PF backed up his vote. I'll deal with him in a minute.
This supports my previous accusation. Note that Xalxe conveniently got distracted by Fate and never mentions PF again, although to be fair, he failed to mention quite a few (including scot).
PokerFace (#188) wrote:UA gave omgus as a reason to keep voting me. I don't really consider that a scum tell early on in the game especially since I was primarily trying to get fun out of his stitch but aparently he didn't want to wait to try it later, oh well. I did find it interesting that his logic was rather counter intuitive.
Obvious under-the-table jab.

I still thought him saying i was trying to break randomness and voting for it was interesting

PokerFace (#188) wrote:So first you say we shouldn't claim or wifom it and then you totatally just did one of those things and pointed to the scum to off Fate?
He misread Hoopla's perfectly role-neutral statement here; not sure if this is a honest mistake. Could easily be role-fishing.
PokerFace (#188) wrote:If he was town he wouldn't need to cover his tracks
Pointless jab.

His entire attack in #188 on Hoopla feels thoroughly unconvincing. It all seems to be along the lines of "I disagree with this course of action." rather than "This is scummy, because...".
PokerFace (#188) wrote:Yay fritz is confusing and I am leaning scum on hoopla and Fate. feel stronger about them than i did about xaixe earlier.
unvote, vote: hoopla
Doesn't specify a preference for Hoopla over Fate yet goes with the pressureless Hooplavote over the useful Fatevote. I can think of at least 3 possible scum motivations here:

who did i talk more about in that post? Fate or hoopla? Hoopla and i felt stronger about her since I thought she had gone back on logic and safe claimed thinking she could get away with it since everyone was

1) Scum decided to make a concerted push on Fate to avoid the Xalxelynch (a not unreasonable supposition as evidenced by how well we're doing now after the Xalxelynch), but PF thinks it would be too obvious due to Xalxe doing the same in #187, the preceding post.
2) He'd rather not rock the boat with a Fatevote.
3) He doesn't want to be accused of sheeping since his case on Fate was mostly borrowed.

I disagreed with his actions and was not 100% sure he was scum. felt firmer abut hoops since I thught she went back on her own logic

PokerFace (#227) wrote:After reading posts like these I am re considering my reasoning I am starting to consider hoopla is town and thought fate was town as apposed to scum defending scum or scum buddying. It kinda makse sence. Only thing that don't make sence is where she almost soft claimed too.
Unexplained switch on Fate (quite possibly a reaction to people calling the PokerFace-Xalxe connection I just mentioned); brings up Hoopla's "soft claim" again, don't see a pro-town motive for that if he isn't even suspicious of her.
PokerFace (#227) wrote:
@Sudo
viewtopic.php?p=2727859#p2727859
Are you voting Fate because you think he is scum for acting anti-town with no good reason OR do you think he is town acting anti-town and should stop or be killed?

I just read sudo's last post.
More posturing. Why not simply remove it? This doesn't help anyone, just takes up space.

Yay I thought about that and probably should have but I wanted to remark there for notes so i could use myself to remind myself what may be there

PokerFace (#227) wrote:This part hear seems to suggest you have some doubt or you are trying not to get blamed for him possibly being town and I think scum would be more prone to worying about being blamed than town, especially before fate's flip. feels like you know how he'd flip,
As I mentioned then, this looks more like a knee-jerk reaction to someone admitting uncertainty than someone scrutinising Sudo's posts to determine his alignment.
PokerFace (#227) wrote:so yay I am starting to get a scum read on sudo too.
"Starting" is a very weird and possibly revealing choice of language.
PokerFace (#227) wrote:Xalxe your play so far seems kinda angry. You say you agree with UA and sudo and then yell at them for making you feel useless. Also to note your laugh at my post. I'm however not sure why you are disturbed when you had 2 votes at first seeing you disturbed at when you were l-1 is expected but again why angry at people not voting you? Your actions feel wierd, couple that with what you said earlier and what I thought before where you didn't make waves, makes me think you may be worth the deadline lynch. But its not time for that yet I think right now I am waiting on hooplas response before i get off her
Least convincing Xalxecase ever. Not sure why he's already thinking ahead to the deadline - not a town mindset.
PokerFace (#235) wrote:I can't say i agree with your first sentence cause it still feels like he was acknowledging it to agar, as though he didn't want agar to go after him.
Tries to spin Sudo explaining himself into something scummy.
PokerFace (#239) wrote:I'll go over xalxe and hoops and give what I think of them later
Overly lynch-orientated. He'd already talked about Xalxe and Hoopls plenty.

I was busy at work and not able to fully collect thoughts and figured i would be back on before deadline to sort it out. this applies to some stuff after this too

PokerFace (#277) wrote:that last part is asuming xalxe is scum if he ain't i will have to rethink alot
(referring to his previous post) A telling assumption, especially since he totally wasn't voting Xalxe.
PokerFace (#278) wrote:fate put up some defense to accusations on him while xalxe put up nothing much but an attack back on fate so yay i'm not unhappy with how things turned out and think that was better choice out of those 2
Weaksauce explanation. Again,
he was still voting Hoopls here.
PokerFace (#332) wrote:Should we massclaim and if so, which claim method should we use (Popcorn, random, etc)
Seems oddly deferential to the town's wishes - popcorn mass claim was obviously the right move.
PokerFace (#340) wrote:If anyone was chainsawing it was xalxe
Some sweet post-mortem distancing. Xalxe's attack came way too late for it to be chainsawing.
PokerFace (#355) wrote:I am fairly certain scotmany is scum
Comes out of nowhere.
Process of elimination since i was uncertain on you 2 and didn't think you were scum together. And read ain't strong or firm since its math and not based on what has happened in game
Even if CES making a case on me makes him likly town voting No lynch now means he still won't hit me which means he'd hit scum fate. i am uncertain as to who of fate or ces is the real scum but I can tell they are not together and thats enough for me to realize they aren't both scum and me shooting scott is for the win

Vote: no lynch
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #408 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I was basically trying to have some lulz
That's exactly what I claim you were pretending to do. I don't see why you'd state it that explicitly. Note how you repeat it in this post too. It feels too intentional.

I wasn't pretending and I'm not sure why you thought i was

PokerFace wrote:I still thought him saying i was trying to break randomness and voting for it was interesting
There's that word again - interesting. Calling something interesting is an easy way to throw mud without committing.

Well it was ironic and funny or at least i found it that way. As far as muddying it, thats rather impossible now since UA is confirmed town. And if I wanted to muddy it i would have said this was a scummy hypocracy as aposed to calling it interesting. If I really wanted to muddy it I would have done something worse

PokerFace wrote:who did i talk more about in that post? Fate or hoopla? Hoopla and i felt stronger about her since I thought she had gone back on logic and safe claimed thinking she could get away with it since everyone was
Who you talked about more is irrelevant (and the answer is only Hoopla because you quoted a case against Fate instead of developing it yourself).

The person people talk about more is usually who they feel strongest about, and in my case that was who i felt stronger about

PokerFace wrote:I disagreed with his actions and was not 100% sure he was scum. felt firmer abut hoops since I thught she went back on her own logic
"Not 100% sure he was scum." is a meaningless platitude - you weren't 100% sure about Hoopls either. It's very easy for you to now retroactively state that Hoopls was your bigger suspect, but there wasn't a sign of it then.

Huh? Weren't you the one that said there was nothing wrong with saying not 100% in relation to Sudo? i thought it was obvious I thought stronger about her back then given I talked more about her

PokerFace wrote:Process of elimination since i was uncertain on you 2 and didn't think you were scum together. And read ain't strong or firm since its math and not based on what has happened in game
Then why didn't you say any of that?

I prefer using actual cases over PoE. I believe I said what I thought about you guys and how it led me to determine what scot was, which is a longer version of PoE. Basically I thought the PoE was implied or felt I didn't need to say it at that time.

Apparently I have a problem with figuring out what others would and would not imply from my words
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #410 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

I actually never use those things on anything. check some of my old play or GD and MD posts and you'd see people even joke about my poor spelling all the time

Something I just noticed though. There is something we have recently gain. It is impossible for both CES and Fate to be scum. If they were, CES would have hammered instead of complainging and they would have won. So we now know at least 1 of them is town.

If 1 of fate and CES is town that tells me the other one is scum given i know my role. So I am happy with the current pairings. If one of them is town and the other is scum the same must be able to be said for my pairing. I know my own alignment and therefore know scotmany must be scum. I'll only vote no lynch or lynch scotmany for there is no doubt in my head now that he is scum. We can still do the cross or if you guys want we can lynch scott and do a triangle if CES is still intent on shooting me I'd gladly give him the chance in a triangle.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #412 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

hey wait a sec, I just realized something We already proved CES and Fate are not scum together as CES would have won the game for them already.
We know at least 1 of them is town so at least one of me and scott is scum

So why don't we just go into night where instead of crossing, triangle or any of that, how about Me and scot just shoot each other. Scum only have 1 bullet max left so if scott really is town he would have to kill me. Me and scott only shoot while CES and Fate hold fire. Worst case scenario we wake up day 3 with 3 players alive 1 is scum and 2 are town. And we have at least 1 confirmed because scum either left UA alive or didn't kill me and since I killed scum that would make me confirmed. Its a win win scenario we are no better or worse and the at least 1 scum among me and scot is garaunteed to die. We get 2 town to 1 scum with a confirmed, then on day 3 we no lynch. Get to day 4 and have CES and Fate shoot each other then

What do you guys think of this idea?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #413 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

The following are all town win scenarios!!

Scum has 1 bullet:

Fate, CES, Poker wake up on day 3 then PF confirmed, no lynch, CES and Fate cross on night 4

Fate, CES, UA wake up on day 3 then UA still confirmed, no lynch, CES and Fate cross on night 4

Poker, CES, UA wake up on day 3 then UA and PF confirmed, lynch CES

Poker, Fate, UA wake up on day 3 then UA and PF confirmed, lynch Fate

Fate, CES, Scot wake up on day 3 then Scott confirmed, no lynch, CES and Fate cross on night 4

Fate, CES, UA wake up on day 3 then UA still confirmed, no lynch, CES and Fate cross on night 4

scott, CES, UA wake up on day 3 then UA and scott confirmed, lynch CES

Scott, Fate, UA wake up on day 3 then UA and scott confirmed, lynch Fate

Scum has 0 bullet:

Fate, CES, Scot, UA wake up on day 3 then Scott and UA confirmed, no lynch, CES and Fate cross on night 4

Fate, CES, UA, Poker wake up on day 3 then UA and poker confirmed, no lynch, CES and Fate cross on night 4

THIS GAME IS OVER!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #414 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

And if you still think me and scot are scum together and there is 1 bullet between us. Me and scot cross. Niether dies. 1 of Fate, CES, UA dies. Next day you no lynch as 2 scums alive and 2 alive BUT BECAUSE 1 TOWNIE MUST STILL HAVE A BULLET (BOTH TOWN EVEN CES AND FATE CAN'T BE DEAD) you no lynch day 3, no lynch day 4. The townie with the bullet shoot 1 scum dead on night 4 and 2 townies lynch the last scum on day 5.

This game just got owned! Its over now! Town wins!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #416 (isolation #33) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am satisfied and you should be too since your posting when nolynch was L-1 made it all possible

I guess you must be town after all and Fate cooked up a master plan scott couldn't involve himself in given his bad PC
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #417 (isolation #34) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

also scums fault for both claiming even and letting UA get confirmed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #419 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

well whatever i at least am still satisfied after figuring all that stuff out. GG all
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #422 (isolation #36) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fate wrote:WHAT THE FUCK? NO.

WHAT IF SCUM HAVE TWO BULLETS?
Thats not possible. 6 people died night 1. if we assume all 4 odd townies shot then 2 scums out of the final 3 must have also shot. meaning most they could have is 1 with a bullet. they can't have 2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #432 (isolation #37) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

because my plan allows for it, I really don't care which of you 2 is scum. The one that is must really follow the play to win saying so thats admirable. I have a good guess which but with the guidlines i mapped out, a win is garaunteed. we don't even need UA at this point. If you guys want to keep waiting for him to give the plans an ok then thats fine otherwise no lynch is the way to go. Me and scott square off while Fate and CES do nothing.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #460 (isolation #38) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

GG. CES your play in here was really impressive. What was your plan though trying to get paired with me? were you hoping I'd say "Well CES seems town and I don't want him to shoot me, so pair me with Fate!" or something along those lines? And yay the result of the day 1 lynch and night 1 gore fest really decide the game and swing it all over
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #461 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

InflatablePie wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:Oh fuck it, I don't need the case. His Fate ISO was just terrible.

VOTE: Xalxe

Kats or Scot for partners.
Maybe Sudo.
Not quite sure yet.
:D
some of the best vig/replacement play I've seen in a while^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #462 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

And good job hoops and Fate noticing I was town, i haven't played in awhile so i was out of practice at the begining Good job to you two for your play aswell. GG to town and scum all arround and thanx for the fun Mr. Flay
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #466 (isolation #41) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Good plan ideas. Though I think since UA seemed to consider both me and Fate being scum there was no way he'd allow PF><Fate. Getting him to lynch one of us was probably only chance you had. That match you did wrong, was that on purpose of a legitimate mistake?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #467 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP: that MATH you did wrong, was that on purpose of a legitimate mistake?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”