Mini 1111: Wait Your Turn, Tex! (GAME OVER)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 am

Post by AGar »

Hello.

VOTE: Xalxe

Relevant
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by AGar »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Fate do you realize:

A. I had my avatar first.
B. I am way more relevant than either of you.
C. You have a vacuous posts.
D. Fritz has been here longer
E. His av is different enough that it's easy enough to tell the difference between the two
F. He's not a huge douche like Tans

I had to look up the word vacuous.
G. Fritz carried us in Halo. Tans did not.
H. I got nothing.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Fate

For obvious ignorance of the fact that my avatar is also similar. WHACHAAAAA
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:02 am

Post by AGar »

Fritzler wrote:AGar, why haven't you played with us lately? Do we need to set up a time? Are you still dealing with Winter/Christmas/Hanukkah break? Help me help you.
Just life is getting the better of me, taking up all my time lately.

Hmm.

Katsuki wagon you say?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:19 am

Post by AGar »

Guys, let's lynch Fate.

I feel good about this one.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:21 am

Post by AGar »

The whole Fate-Kats argument feels like bullshit is seeping out of Fates side. Kats is remaining fairly level-headed here.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:27 am

Post by AGar »

Fate wrote:
AGar wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Fate do you realize:

A. I had my avatar first.
B. I am way more relevant than either of you.
C. You have a vacuous posts.
D. Fritz has been here longer
E. His av is different enough that it's easy enough to tell the difference between the two
F. He's not a huge douche like Tans

I had to look up the word vacuous.
G. Fritz carried us in Halo. Tans did not.
H. I got nothing.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Fate

For obvious ignorance of the fact that my avatar is also similar. WHACHAAAAA
mhmmmm. My memory does serve.
Yes it does. Only now I'm calling you scum. Is there a problem with that?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by AGar »

Hoopla, your logic makes sense, but then the "Oh hay, you found my gambit!" shit is really mucking shit up for me. If it wasn't for that, compounding the insincerity I find in the overzealous attack on Kats, I'd be in stride with that.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by AGar »

Fate wrote:
AGar wrote:Hoopla, your logic makes sense, but then the "Oh hay, you found my gambit!" shit is really mucking shit up for me. If it wasn't for that, compounding the insincerity I find in the overzealous attack on Kats, I'd be in stride with that.
[1] Look AGar, now that I see where you're coming from, you're reading my play all wrong.

[2] "Oh hay you fund my gambit!!"" was an attempt to preserve my PRIDE, not a backpedal to explain my play.

[3] If you read Hoopla's logic CLOSER you'll notice: SHE ALREADY WAS EXPLAINING THE PRO-TOWN MOTIVATIONS BEHIND MY PLAY AND THE EXPLANATION AS TO WHY I WAS TOWN.

[4] So, as scum, would I be more likely to come in and say: "yeah Hoopla, you're right, I was just being stupid." ORRRRRRRRR "NO HOOPLA! I was just gambiting hahah you got fooled!"

[5] The latter was an attempt at salvaging my admittedly anti-town play (tbqh I treated this game more as a Marathon with all the vigs involved, without giving the set-up any real thought.)
[1] & [2] - You're smart enough to realize that in no way shape or form would anyone with a half functioning brain would be like "Oh hey, he explained what he really meant when I pointed it out, he must be telling the truth!"

[3] - I read it quite alright, and I understand that. I'm saying I find enough flaw in everything else to say "That's not convincing enough for me."

[4] - Again, smart enough to know this is WIFOM at best.

[5] - It's not doing it for me.

Honestly, you're playing with a massive case of paranoia, and it looks scummy as hell. Your "defenses" amount to "The people attacking me are scum, because this is my meta!" Whether you see it or not, that's what everyone else seems to be seeing. I'll admit, the scumhunting looks fine, but it's clouded up ridiculously by all the "OMG SCUM IS ATTACKING ME, THEY GONNA KILL ME LIKE THEY DONE DID IN JFK" defenses.

That said, I like neither Sudo, nor Xalxe's followups after UA posted. Sudo's looks like a way to slip past without gaining attention and just being able to point at UA when the hammer falls. Xalxe... he does that same thing, but ALSO tries to give Sudo credit for... doing nothing. Xalxe's looks way worse in my mind.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Xalxe

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 am

Post by AGar »

@Fate
I guess I'm just missing it then. I don't think I'm dumbing it down, but apparently I'm missing some point that's key to your cases.
Fate wrote:ESPECIALLY if Poker flips scum, whom, by the way, you've neglected to comment on.
As always, I refuse to start trying to crucify someone as scum who isn't maintaining activity in a game. He's just not posting. Xalxe, like I pointed out, hopped behind UA, and technically Sudo, doing nothing and trying to give credit to Sudo for also doing nothing. It was really, really off to me.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by AGar »

Xalxe-Pokerface connection duly noted.

I'm happy with lynching either one of them today.

CES - I'd rather let one of the vig bullets handle PF if he were to lurk his way out of a wagon.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by AGar »

Note: I'd prefer to lynch Xalxe, as I'm more confident in said read than PokerFace at the moment.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by AGar »

Sudo_Nym wrote:
Fate wrote:Hoopla I just outlined the ACTUAL intention behind ALL of my play this time.

The only time I play to the 'YOU CANT READ ME GAMBIT MASTAH" is when I'm town in a closed-setup and I DONT want scum to be able to read me and my role.
Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2.
So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
(
Emphasis mine.
)

The bolded line is what bothers me. Your vote is on Fate, which says you think he's scum. But you're encouraging him to play in a more town manner, which either means you're unsure of your read on him, or you're convinced he's town and voting him anyways.

Do explain this contradiction.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:50 am

Post by AGar »

Xalxe lynch is most optimal.
Sudo second most.

Prefer Xalxe.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by AGar »

Sudo_Nym wrote:
AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:
Fate wrote:Hoopla I just outlined the ACTUAL intention behind ALL of my play this time.

The only time I play to the 'YOU CANT READ ME GAMBIT MASTAH" is when I'm town in a closed-setup and I DONT want scum to be able to read me and my role.
Except this is completely worthless in any game; the scum already know that you're town, and while they may not know your specific role, it would seem to be far more important for the town to be able to tell if you're town or not. To me, this seems tantamount to admitting that you deliberately play anti-town, which makes me wonder why you bother at all. Such a gambit would seem to be especially worthless here, where the only question is whether you're vigging N1 or N2.
So maybe you could consider playing like a townie now?
(
Emphasis mine.
)

The bolded line is what bothers me. Your vote is on Fate, which says you think he's scum. But you're encouraging him to play in a more town manner, which either means you're unsure of your read on him, or you're convinced he's town and voting him anyways.

Do explain this contradiction.
It's not a contradiction, so much as a miscommunication, it would seem. To be, the phrase "play like a townie" is more or less synonymous with "playing to win", and it's as much a general comment as it is an in-game one. Fate claims to love playing gambits, but none I've seen have been super-useful, and many are incredibly counter-productive. I have a scum read on him, but of course, I can't be 100% certain; and short of Fate saying so himself, I doubt that anyone could be. But I am confident in my vote as it stands.
In other words, "I don't want to be held fully accountable for anything I say, because you know, we could be wrong."

Ok there.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by AGar »

Sudo_Nym wrote:Doing your best to find a scum read, I see, even if you have to twist to get there. But, please, if you can guarantee anything with 100% accuracy, do let me know. My stock portfolio could use the help.
There's a difference between guaranteeing with 100% accuracy, and saying "I'm willing to back my reads up and step up behind them."

You're not willing to.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by AGar »

Sudo_Nym wrote:
AGar wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:Doing your best to find a scum read, I see, even if you have to twist to get there. But, please, if you can guarantee anything with 100% accuracy, do let me know. My stock portfolio could use the help.
There's a difference between guaranteeing with 100% accuracy, and saying "I'm willing to back my reads up and step up behind them."

You're not willing to.
And how did you come to that conclusion? I stated, quite plainly, that I was confident in a Fate lynch, and you've taken every opportunity to claim that I meant everything except that.
This all goes back to that "try to appear town."

Quite simply, I'm calling BS on you meaning "play to win" by that.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by AGar »

Good Fritz. Just in time to finish off Xalxe.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by AGar »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
Fate wrote:So you still think I'm scum eh?
Fate wrote:Because scum can shoot anynight.
Inconsistency spotted. If I was Scum, I would know one way or the other, there'd be no "think you're Scum"

While I'm speaking hypothetically, If I were a Odd Vig, I still wouldn't shoot you tonight, cus it'd be a shame to waste a bullet on someone someone else is going to hit. Similarly, I sure as shit wouldn't shoot based on your recommendations

^^^^

Vig this person please.

The inconsistency is all in your head.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by AGar »

Well I was more saying he quoted you as saying

"You still think I'm scum, eh?"

then you telling him that scum can shoot every night.

There's no "inconsistency".

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by AGar »

I got it. But there's still no inconsistency.

BTW, UA's gender says male. Just sayin'.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by AGar »

Sudo you bastard. All I wanted to do was fucking kill someone.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 am

Post by AGar »

Katsuki wrote:I don't know about you guys, but is caps really that irritating? It reads the same to me as normal text, unless you have a mix, where caps then acts to emphasize certain points.
This.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:35 am

Post by AGar »

Honestly, in several of the games I've been in, Fate's been blatantly obvious town, and a driving force behind the town, leading them in the right direction more often than not.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:45 am

Post by AGar »

Seraphim wrote:Fate can be an incredibly driving force in a game, but his ego can make him difficult to play with.
Eh, it's the internet. Everyone has an ego, and everyone flexes their e-peen at times. Well, not everyone, but his behavior is the rule, not the exception.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”