Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:55 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

>Best Mafia Performance

Bomb him now!

Joking aside, I'm confused with the plan of nominating someone scummy and passing all anti-town abilities to him. The scum will see our discussion, and know who we are passing it to. If they have the ability to do so, they can disrupt our plan of killing the player. Furthermore, if we're passing it to whoever seems the most scummy, and they are actually scum, and manage to survive, then we've given them a bunch of anti-town abilities that they'll be able to use. We could end up severely screwing ourselves over. Why would we want to do something like that?

Vote: Parama

RVS vote.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

quadz08 wrote:
pops wrote:giving the antitown roles to the most antitown player is like giving the Joker a tank. (it isn't though.)
Yes it is.

You give the scummiest player roles that can hurt the town, and he's GOING TO USE THEM TO HURT THE TOWN. Very simple. Yes, it means we can get rid of all of them in one fell swoop, but that's assuming that NONE of the scum got a roleblock, a doctor, a redirector, or anything of that ilk, which I find unlikely.

I do think that getting rid of anti-town roles, including the treestump, is a good idea (obviously); however, I definitely feel it's too risky to attach all the anti-town roles to one player who we find scummy. It might work if we give it to a person who we can agree is NOT mafia, because they wouldn't use it on the town. Of course, that opens up a whole other host of issues. However, I think we should deal with those anti-town roles later; we need to start off with just plain old scumhunting. I can't think of a reason to do anything differently than we would in a normal mafia game, barring some pretty interesting role stuff.

PREVIEW EDIT: I like Magna's idea, with the cycle of confirmation. It seems intelligent, certainly.
No. I was thinking about this but then realized that scum would have no time to use their ability. After Night 1 ends, they'd have the ability passed to them. Day 2, we lynch the player. Problem solved, ability is out of play as the player is now dead, N2 never commenced for him, so he could never use his abilities, excluding the possibility of them being day abilities. (We probably shouldn't pass those on.) Therefore, we SHOULD pass it onto a scummy player, then lynch him the next day.

As for Magna's idea, I'm somewhat confused as to what the benefits of doing that are. I shall go read Mini 1040. Implosion's idea sounds somewhat useful, but I'm skeptical on how effective it'll really be. If we go with that as a plan, then scum'll be sure to distance themselves away from scumbuddies whatever way possible (not that they already don't) and it'd be difficult to find links. I mean, how many times do we find a pair of players scummy, as opposed to just one player? Not as often, I'd imagine.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Lol?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Red Coyote, once again, I'd like to point out that passing the abilities to a scummy player would not be detrimental as we can simply lynch the person D2. He will have no time to use his abilities.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:30 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

All right. If we're to go with MoIs plan, we cannot remove all the anti-town roles, yes? So, we should stop discussing whether or not the tree stump is anti-town, as it's completely useless doing so, whatever your opinion might be on the matter.
As for Parama's "scumslip," I can see where you're coming from, He hasn't really contributed much, and he didn't bother to clarify how his ability truly worked. The mod had to tell him, instead of him asking. My vote'll stay, but purely because I don't see anything more scummy at the moment.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

q21 wrote:You're not paying attention. You know how I know you're not paying attention? The whole discussion about getting rid of anti town roles was started by the only anti town role we know anything about so far... a role which makes the person holding it unlynchable.
I never agreed that the stump was anti-town. It isn't important enough to worry about until the end, as lylo isn't going to happen for quite a long time, now is it? But thanks for being a pompous ass. It's not as if there might be any other anti-town abilities floating about. And once again, why are we even discussing this? Have we not agreed to MoI's plan?
q21 wrote:You're also not paying attention. Your point here is nullified by the fact when you made this post Parama had, quite publicly, announced that he no longer had the role anyway, having passed the bomb to muh. Not to mention the fact that having a role, even a powerful townie one, isn't evidence of towniness in this game from what I can tell. I think you're either trying to defend Parama (a theory which may become more viable after we see a potential muh flip) or you're trying to force suspicion on quadz.
Uhh.
What difference does it make if Parama had passed it? The ability still came from him. Therefore, I see no problem with him referring to it as Parama's ability. Null point.

However, I do agree with everything that follows. A question for you, Diddin.
Diddin wrote:I'm also getting town vibes from Parama, even more than usual in this game.
Why do you feel this way? Throwing out that you get town feelings from someone and not explaining seems scummy to me. You're just trying to appear as if you're contributing to town, when you're actually not at all.
Diddin wrote:It's scummy because you're sitting on the fence and not taking a strong enough stance on anybody to vote them.
Uhh. Its his RVS vote. Some people like to take some time before they decide to vote. We're not even that far in the game. If we were close to the lynch deadline, then I would indeed be suspicious and call him out on fence sitting. However, simply not voting is by no means a sign of fence sitting. If he made excuses to jump onto different bandwagons, however, by saying "X strikes me as scummy and so does Y," without throwing a vote at either, then yes, that would be fence sitting and that would be scummy. However, that is not what he is doing.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Parama wrote:Now we can stop voting me and start voting someone who's legitimately scummy. Like, y'know
vote: WrathChild

MOD: Can you confirm that the votecount is 100% correct? There's no one voting ckd yet he has a vote on him, and there's one person voting URoE yet he has two votes on him.

I don't doubt that it's accurate - at the very least, I expected there to be a doublevoting power in this game - but I just want to have it mod-confirmed.
Why is he "legitimately scum?" I'm more suspicious of you. You didn't bother to seek a clarification on your abilities, which you should've done if you were town. Instead, you passed it off to somebody, continuously posted short one-liners, and got that person killed. P.S. He's town! Good job wasting what could've been rather useful. You suspected him of being scum under what notion, exactly? Seems just like your WrathChild vote. Little substance, just accusations of someone being scum.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:51 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

I Am Innocent wrote:
EtherealCookie wrote:
Parama wrote:Now we can stop voting me and start voting someone who's legitimately scummy. Like, y'know
vote: WrathChild

MOD: Can you confirm that the votecount is 100% correct? There's no one voting ckd yet he has a vote on him, and there's one person voting URoE yet he has two votes on him.

I don't doubt that it's accurate - at the very least, I expected there to be a doublevoting power in this game - but I just want to have it mod-confirmed.
Why is he "legitimately scum?" I'm more suspicious of you. You didn't bother to seek a clarification on your abilities, which you should've done if you were town. Instead, you passed it off to somebody, continuously posted short one-liners, and got that person killed. P.S. He's town! Good job wasting what could've been rather useful. You suspected him of being scum under what notion, exactly? Seems just like your WrathChild vote. Little substance, just accusations of someone being scum.
These lines are causing me to :?

"Instead, you passed it off to somebody"
"Good job wasting what could've been rather useful."

What was he supposed to do, hold onto it? Not sure where you are going with this...
Yes. Hold onto it, and pass it to someone who genuinely thought was scummy. Just like his WrathChild vote, he is simply tossing out crappy reasons to kill people. He did it with a bomb, now he wants to do it with a lynch.
I Am Innocent wrote: Do you think Diddin taking a stance on an early player of interest is scummy?
If he provides no rationale for it, then yes. Yes it is. No pro-town reason for what you do is scummy. I don't see whats hard to understand about this. If someone hammered and said, "eh, I thought he was scummy," and failed to provide anymore explanation, he would be scummy, yes? Same logic applies here, only it's much earlier on so it isn't as big of a deal, but he still needs to answer why he gets town vibes from Parama.
quadz08 wrote:To clarify your power... you have an unlimited number of kills per day, but they can only be used after someone is killed by the virus. Correct?
Diddin wrote:I claim conditional dayvig. Now that the virus is active, I can "centralize" it on someone to get rid of it, killing the person. I am considering shooting WrathChild. Yay or nay?
Diddin wrote: I have as long as I want to activate my daykill. I have an unknown quantity of the kills available, as my power does not completely remove the virus.

You can read, no?
There you go.
Asking questions that don't really contribute and have already been answered is pointless.

[quote="WrathChild]Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"[/quote]
Agreed. It's a terrible reason for voting, just like his reason for passing the bomb to Muh.

At the moment, Parama strikes me as the most scummy; Diddin follows.
chkflip wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Parama wrote:And no "BAH GO TOWN" or anything? Hehehe.
are you expecting him to say "go town"?
- I
reeeeaaalllly
don't like the fact that Parama has evaded this question, no matter how small it seems to be. Tells me something... something scummy.
FoS
!~
It's not as much that I don't like Parama evading the question, it's his post in the first place. I'd imagine the initial thought that would come to a townie who passed it onto someone he thought was scummy would be, "no 'BAH GO SCUM' or anything?" Of course, he probably never thought Muh was scummy. Just a crappy excuse to get someone killed. This adds up with his lack of asking the mod to clarify on his ability, and the mod having to do it instead. Seems pretty scummy to me.
Themanhimself wrote:I really don't like ethereal child talking about how Muh's death was Parama's fault and makes Parama scummy. Muh explicitly had the ability to give up the bomb but didn't. And what was Parama supposed to do? Just hold on to it and let it kill him? He had a limited amount of time to get rid of it and there wasn't enough time to develop a serious scumtell. That whole situation was a fairly null read to me and I think it's really suspicious of EC to bring it up. Seems to me like scum trying to find someone to peg for a mislynch.
He wasn't supposed to pass it off in RVS stage, that's what. He had quite a number of posts he could've waited for. Instead, he threw it off him ASAP. First page, Post #22.
popsofctown wrote:
diddin wrote:
quadz08 wrote:
Power wrote:With muh flipping town

VOTE: Parama

I'm going to believe muh on that one
Ummmmm... why? What does his alignment have to do with how accurate his (highly-OMGUSy) read was?

And, diddin, I completely do NOT understand your insistence that WrathChild is scummy. TBH, I find it ridiculous. He unvoted from a RV, big whoop. Why are you making such a big deal out of unvoting without a revote, anyway?
Yes, but the thing is he has called other people scummy, yet isn't voting. It looks like he's waiting to hop on a wagon. AKA he's not putting his vote where his mouth is.

I have as long as I want to activate my daykill. I have an unknown quantity of the kills available, as my power does not completely remove the virus.
This is actually a decent tell, and reminds me of my own tendencies when i play the scum role.
Unvoting from a RVS is scummy? That's hardly the same thing as fencesitting and making excuses to jump onto any bandwagon at any time. Null tell.
WrathChild wrote:Now there is talk of Day-Vigging me. That's a bit hastey. I guess I'll address the Scumday thing.
I saw that Diddin (I think that was who, I'll double check) had put up a lame pointless vote on me (for Unvoting a RVS Vote) and figured he was baiting me into OMGUS voting him to drive his case further.
I wasn't going to let him have that satisfaction, so I just refrained from voting him at the moment. I think it was Diddin trying to fish around for someone's overreaction. Normally I'd take that as a Null-Tell, but when trying to get "The New Guy" with this seems to tip the scales a bit on the scummy side.

Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"

It's all bologna. I'm not sure who is scummier, Diddin for rookie OMGUS fishing or Parama's meta-case against a player who's never been in this meta. I have seen Diddin move along, but am curious for Parama's response to this post.
bolding mine, again. This seems a little bit paranoid, makes me find Wrathchild scummy, much more so than his failure to vote. He seems to see scumhunting as more of an attack and scumhunting that targets him as plots from an opposing force rather than the mistakes of a misguided townie. (of course, he could be right, it could be a cross factional dispute, but the only way wrathchild would no that is if he were scum and diddin were town, not the reverse).

FoS Wrathchild
, and I'm feeling ok with that as a daykill.[/quote]

Now THIS is a decent tell. He does seem very paranoid, and I dislike his use of "The New Guy." He should know what he's getting into with a large game, yes? It hardly makes something more scummy when it targets a new player. That's bull.
TheLonging wrote:nipah~

pops: I would know, Parama's meta is obvious to me, and I can tell that what he is doing only solidifies him being town.

That being said, aside from reading about Parama, since I'm so far behind on this game that I don't know anything else about the game; what are some topics I can comment on? My first read through is confusing, all I know is diddin is 80% scum and Parama is town.
Parama
Diddin
WrathChild

There's about three topics you can comment on. Why do you think Parama is town? Why is Diddin 80% scum? You've contributed near nothing, at the least you can explain why you feel this way with these players.

Preview Edit: God damn, a huge wall right on top of me. I'll address that later.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:56 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Oh, my apologies if you are busy with Christmas and all that, TheLonging.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:57 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Saint wrote:I also see EtherealCookie as scum, someone you voted in I believe #185... I could get behind you on this, but I am much more worried about pops as he is really active
Did you mean to say someone voted you? Because I didn't vote in 185.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:01 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Completely rude and uncalled for.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:03 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Your "dipshit" was unnecessary after the end of your EBWOP. Yes, I noticed my mistake. Regardless, be immature if you want to.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:29 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Yeah, I apologize about the reading bit.
Saint wrote:Yeah. EC even failed to quote pops, casually defends diddin, attacks parama...
Vi agrees that EC is a top scumspect too
I'm willing to vote any of these guys, but we really need to force diddin to shoot someone before we do anything
Defend Diddin? Hardly. I messed up when posting, despite the fact I even got to preview, but let me fix it right now. I think Diddin is the second scummiest.
WrathChild wrote:Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"
Agreed. It's a terrible reason for voting, just like his reason for passing the bomb to Muh.

At the moment, Parama strikes me as the most scummy; Diddin follows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in response to I Am Innocent's question, I once again state that it is rather scummy for Diddin to simple state he gets town vibes from Parama without explaining. Now, if you accused me of casually defending WrathChild, I could see where you're coming from, but Diddin? Not at all. And yes, I shall attack Parama, because I believe he is scum and I have rationale to back my vote. That is not a scumtell.

Nothing on Pops? Really? Actually, the two above TheLonging are from Pops. My apologies for the bad quoting once again. So, right now, everything you've said is false besides me attacking Parama. I am doing that, yes. Furthermore, I get a town read from Pops. He is solid on what to do with Diddin and he is actively scum hunting, such as him pointing out Wrath Child's paranoia. I do not like how he says he's okay with that as a daykill so early on, however.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Uhh. No, it wouldn't, derp derp derp.
Did you not read the action resolution thingie? Kills come before ability pass offs.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”