DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:22 am

Post by bobsnox »

chesskid3 wrote:lolwhatevs. What movie is his avvy from?
lol I believe Hang 'em high.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Fate »

Ever since RedC made me feel bad about myself after Rapture Mafia I've become inclined to listen to him when he says to cool off.

I'll be over here waiting for DEFCON 3.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

chesskid3 wrote:I've never been in a game with Scumfate until now, Fate. You know that.

Thanks, Toog.
Ok, so you are admitting that you are a Benmage alt right?
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:50 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Waa?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

JC 337 wrote:This sounds overly scum aware.
My joke, a joke based entirely on the unrelated topic of my name, a name that I chose several years before this game started and before I even joined this website, is "overly scum aware"? You know there's one thing I'll hate until the day I stop playing this game, and it's players who think that they have to find something sinister in every ISO post another player makes in order to have a valid point. It's absolutely pointless, and it does nothing except make you look weak and reachy.

When you say stuff like, "Hm, maybe you're making points that are too simple", that's borderline, but at least I can see that as a valid attack. I would retort with the fact that the game just started and I was responding to a basic question like, "what is your view on the game having played in the first one", but at least I could say, hey, JC is, at the very least, paying attention here. We may not see eye to eye, but here's a guy who's being objective and not letting anything go that he sees could be sketchy.

...But for you to go off on this random tangent about how light-hearted banter between me and chess is "overly scum aware", probably the weakest buzz phrase every in the history of scumhunting, then you've just shot out all creditability you may have otherwise had.
JC 337 wrote:Why is sub left completely off of your analysis??
Because it was clearly an example. I was stating my opinion on how players should individually setup their specific lists. If they like to be in charge of Vig-like shots, they should obviously go for the Sub as a high priorty. Just like if they want an Cop/Tracker like role, they should look to investigative powers. etc.

I mean, I don't get where the disconnect is. I'm not telling SocioPath to pick X and Toogeloo to pick Y, I'm saying that each player should assess their own strengths and pick their lists accordingly. What's the problem?
JC 337 wrote:I think you are scum.
Big surprise there, seeing as how every post I made, coincidentally, has been horribly scummy. :roll:

---
Fate 351 wrote:Ever since RedC made me feel bad about myself after Rapture Mafia I've become inclined to listen to him when he says to cool off.
I mean, you can do what you want. I'm just scratching my head as to why you're getting yourself so worked up on the one hand and then calling this stage useless on the other.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

danakillsu wrote:This thread so far makes me want to cry long and hard. Unlike the rest of you, I am willing to admit that this isn't going to go anywhere until DEFCON 4, and furthermore, I am willing to say that I will not even attempt to analyze this thread until DEFCON 4. So see you guys then.
+scum laziness.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:22 am

Post by SocioPath »

RedCoyote wrote:Big surprise there, seeing as how every post I made, coincidentally, has been horribly scummy. :roll:
Ironically, this statement right here is horribly scummy.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Fate »

I mean, you can do what you want. I'm just scratching my head as to why you're getting yourself so worked up on the one hand and then calling this stage useless on the other.
They are both the SAME hand. I'm pissed that there's nothing that CAN be done at this stage. I can't explore options, I can't put pressure down, I can't get accurate reads bogged down in this set-up talky talky.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

SocioPath wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:Big surprise there, seeing as how every post I made, coincidentally, has been horribly scummy. :roll:
“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

AurorusVox wrote:Since nukes are declared in thread, if someone does something clearly stupid they'll get punished for it. I'm all for people declaring who they want to nuke before doing it and getting discussion on it, but if folks are gonna nuke without discussion, nukes are gonna fly without discussion, and I don't think you can realistically expect to police it now that the games gotten so much bigger. Did someone say there'll be at least ten town nukes? There'll be at least ten itchy fingers.

Not to mention: nukes can be recalled, so sending a nuke off to (hopefully) bomb the Russians* or the Chinese still gives time for people to plead their case against it and/or other people to bitch at the nuker and argue against the inbound nuke.
This sounds so much like pro-scum chaos to me. The town can (and WILL) simply enforce lawful nuking at the end of a rope! The sign clearly reads:
NO NUKING WITHOUT DISCUSSION AND VOTING. VIOLATORS WILL BE PUBLICLY HUNG.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by SocioPath »

chesskid3 wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
You keep quoting that movie. I don't think your quote means what you think it means.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

AurorusVox wrote:RE: A vet of the last game, true, but I didn't make it to nuke-town. I died before DEFCON 1. Reading in the QT was probably quite different from reading in thread. Umm, I bounced a tonne of tinfoil theories around, so one of them was right.

Oh yeah, one of the smartest moves was nuking instead of lynching at some point (can't remember the specifics now) which gave town an extra lynch. I think something like this happened, maybe Faraday or VV can fill in more since they were still alive?
Ya the town was in MYLO and the nuke gave them info instead of having to NL.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

chesskid3 wrote:“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
INCONCEIVABLE!
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

danakillsu wrote:@ everyone, and chess especially
It takes a long period of experience with Fate to understand when he's being serious, and when he's just messing around. If I were you, I would really just ignore him, and that's actually what I really do most of the time. When it's impossible to tell what he means, what else can you do? So that explains why he hates me so much and wants to jump all over everything I say. The mad dog will most likely be put down in good time.
More lazy +scum. I admit its hard initially to look at Fate's posts -- but they DO make sense if you try to read them. This is a scum just mailing it in.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Toogeloo's Example List For Those That Want Cop wrote:
Submarine
Air Base
Espionage
Radar
Fighter
Silo
Class, what is wrong with this example? (HINT: its the bolded)
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Bunnylover wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:If we get Cop, awesome. Chances are we will because no scum is going to prioritize it anyways unless they really want to know who the other scum team is or deny us from getting it.

I'm saying it's low priority for us as well. There are other things I would rather deny the scum teams first, and they are going to want them as well. Cop is going to be one of those lesser contested roles I think, and it probably should remain that way.
Can you re-post your list of
what Town should get
before
Scum
does
Why do you say before scum does?

There is only one way you can be certain that Toog is not scum... :eek:
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

BY THE WAY.

If you want to hang me cause I nuke without your permission, you can do it. But when you lose cause you lynched me for no goddamn reason, you're gonna be feeling like a dumbass.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Internet Stranger wrote:Right, because the Earps could never be communist scum.
Seriously Jed, are you just begging to be nuked?
And of course the Clantons would NEVER be scum -- what is better, scum muzzled by the town or scum with uncontrolled nukes (and the resulting chaos)?
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Baby Spice wrote:Nuke whoever youwant,
just be willing to justify yourself or
recall

Which brings me to:
Nuke: Someone

V/LA 3 days
^^ Anyone doing that should be made to glow in the dark.

Launch yes, but don't launch and disapeer
This is my strongest scum read so far of any.

Can you imagine the chaos created by multiple nukes in the air (with the understanding that its OK if you just recall them of course)??

Boy I'm glad you dropped in from your QT to share with us. :roll:

I mean can you IMAGINE the chaos and the HUGE distraction to the town!? Man scum would LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

MAN, I'm so worked up about this one, I'm about to go all caps like our friend Fate here...
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Haha. Yeah, it would create a lot of pressure. Pressure is how you catch scum, dumbass.

As for huge distraction..... How so? TBH, it'd be like a vote. Who knows whether you're going to recall it or not? At least, that's how I'd use it.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Faraday wrote:
repair wrote:
repair wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:launch and disapeer.
I agree with this.
Don't really care who or what you nuke, as long as you can justify why you did it
This isn't something I agree with, you can try and justify something all you like, but if I think what you did is scummy, well
FIRE AND BLOOD will happen
in some way.
I agree with Faraday here because he also advocates a lynch of the nuke rebel, but look at the bolded!

Next thing you know you have broken arrows flying everywhere. Scum heaven.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

You've yet to state how an environment in which everyone's under a bunch of pressure is beneficial to scum.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

gandalf5166 wrote:Look. How the fuck can we control nukes anyways? If someone wants to nuke whoever, they will. Then..... we'll lynch them? Won't stop the nuke. My point is,
why bother?
The whole point of this game is that everybody has a dayvig.
Thanks for giving up on the town. :mad:

+traitor scum points.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Lolstretching.

I said "why bother" at some point. That clearly means I've given up. And what I said is a fact. NUKES ARE THE FUCKING POINT OF THE GAME. THEY WERE NOT PUT IN AS ADDITIONAL LYNCHES. THEY WERE PUT IN AS
NUKES
. IF THE MOD HAD WANTED ADDITIONAL LYNCHES, HE WOULD HAVE MODDED LIGHTS OUT. THANK YOU. I'M TAKING A NAP UNTIL DEFCON 3 NOW. AND AT DEFCON ONE, I'LL NUKE WHOEVER I DAMN WELL PLEASE.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

chesskid3 wrote:Let's no lynch and no kill nights 1 and 2 :DDDD
I just thought I'd ask: Who among the town can daykill at night? (Yes, this IS a trick question)
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”