Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

^Noted for future reference as a potential chainsaw if IS ever flips scum.
Also know as 273 degrees of awesome.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

@TBM: Alt alert at 11 o'clock!
Besides, pre-emptitive OMGUS lets you be wrong whereas normal OMGUS doesn't. The more you get wrongness out of your system earlier in the game, the more rightness you have when it actually matters. There's no need to question my logic but if you have questions about it feel free to ask.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

TheButtonmen wrote:
Unvote; Vote: LC
Thanks, but you're not Plum.
Jerbs wrote:
Guderian wrote:
Vote : Jerbs

Whats wrong with confidence?
Count Dooku was overconfident
He was sith
sith is evil
evil is bad
Holy crap, Guderian is Count Dooku?

unvote, vote: StrangerCoug

So your RVS logic is a pseudo-policy lynch? On an obvious townie? Ehehehehe no.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

@Guderian: I have CooLDoG as a town read. I have announced this. My reads are the obvious, usually.
@IS: Hi! While the vote is appreciated, you haven't said why you think I'm scum, and, if you're town, you definitely haven't seen enough. Thanks in advance :D
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

I did that already.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

Being deliberately obtuse does tend to attract a lot of attention, yes.
How can I explain my read as anything other than a gut read based on the sum of CooLDoG's posting? (1 post). Because that's what it is. CooLDoG's post looked exceptionally town, but if you want to ask me why, you're not going to be able to get a straightforward answer.
This is not a straightforward answer at all.
Why the FoS instead of a vote? Unless your Jerbs vote was a "serious" vote (it doesn't look like it) then there's no reason to not vote me. Though I do appreciate that you didn't vote me as it means your vote is not wasted.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

I trust my gut a lot. It tends to be right. Players like vollkan who find gut worthless I will never understand.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

Internet Stranger wrote:Easy. Lord Cable is hedging his bandwagon bets already and we have barely started. He has already set Guderian and Strangercoug up for later attacks.
I'm unsure on Guderian (did I attack him? I must've missed it) and I want to hear a response from SC before I take any further action.
Internet Stranger wrote:I say we lynch him.
You say that like you don't really think I'm scum.
FoS: IS

P-EDIT:
Okay that is the biggest stretch I've ever seen, Guderian. I'm saying why I use gut and bringing up a meta I disagree with. You're saying that I'm using another player's meta to make myself pro-town... how does that work?
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Lord Cable »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:
unvote, vote: StrangerCoug

So your RVS logic is a pseudo-policy lynch? On an obvious townie? Ehehehehe no.
You are overreacting here. I had no read on anybody, so I voted him for voting me. The "for sucking" is admitting that it is an OMGUS vote, as it stands for "
o
h
m
y
G
od, yo
u s
uck". I also don't like people being called obvtown on page 1 let alone when the RVS is barely over.

UNVOTE: CooLDoG
VOTE: Lord Cable
Oh, so that's what you meant by your original "for sucking" bit. Because it was totally an obvious OMGUS. Yeah no. And you're acting like it was obvious here.
I know what OMGUS stands for. I am an alt - do not treat me like a 5 year old.
You say I'm overreacting while also assuming that I don't know what OMGUS means. Your assumption is that I'm overreacting to the OMGUS, knowing it's an OMGUS, but you then try to explain what OMGUS is immediately after. This is a contradiction. Scum make contradictions. My vote is pretty happy right now.
Also, tell me the scum motivation for calling people obvtown on page 1. Really. I think CooLDoG is town, so I am announcing this to the world. If it makes the scum flock over in my direction and try to make me dead, so be it, it only makes them easier to find.
TheButtonmen wrote:ITT we learn SC is just bandwagonning without even reading the posts of the player he is voting as he takes time to;
Which is why you're still voting the same player he's voting.
TheButtonmen wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:
Lord Cable wrote: Anyways, confirm and all that jazz, preemptive OMGUS
vote: Plum
You have never played a game with Plum before as far as I can tell so I'm curious why you would assume she's going to vote you.
Lord Cable wrote:@TBM: Alt alert at 11 o'clock!
Besides, pre-emptitive OMGUS lets you be wrong whereas normal OMGUS doesn't. The more you get wrongness out of your system earlier in the game, the more rightness you have when it actually matters. There's no need to question my logic but if you have questions about it feel free to ask.
His premptive OMGUS vote has already been a topic I have questioned him on.
"Questioned" eh? Because saying "Oh hey you've never played with Plum why do you expect her to vote you" is "questioning" right?
Guderian wrote:and thus, that makes strangercoug.......?
At the very least, worth keeping my vote on. At most, scum.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Lord Cable »

Guderian wrote:There's two pages, count the votes yourself.

LC has three votes. Why are you afraid to hammer him?
Why are you pressuring him to vote me without voting me yourself?
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:I know what OMGUS stands for. I am an alt - do not treat me like a 5 year old.
Then do not act like you have no clue what I'm doing. I made it clear that I do not usually support policy lynches, but you were treating my vote as if I were. I clearly was not serious.
Well sarcasm on the internet doesn't tend to get expressed very well. It looked serious enough when I read it and I can't really just take your word that it wasn't serious.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:You say I'm overreacting while also assuming that I don't know what OMGUS means. Your assumption is that I'm overreacting to the OMGUS, knowing it's an OMGUS, but you then try to explain what OMGUS is immediately after. This is a contradiction.
Explaining OMGUS to somebody you know knows what it means is odd, but your push has a flaw—you gave me the impression that I legitimately wanted to get rid of a bad player. Do I believe CooLDoG to be a bad player? No, and even if I did we have not yet completed a game together, so for me to know requires me to meta him.
And I totally could've known that you didn't think CooLDoG was a bad player, right? :roll:
I'm not really a mind-reader. Is it safe to assume you are?
StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:Also, tell me the scum motivation for calling people obvtown on page 1. Really. I think CooLDoG is town, so I am announcing this to the world. If it makes the scum flock over in my direction and try to make me dead, so be it, it only makes them easier to find.
There could be a number of reasons. Trying to get town off their scumbuddy, telling other scumbuddies who to kill (which is why people rarely like announcing town reads at all), etc. It can get pretty complex.
WIFOM is fun. But I don't see any harm in a single player announcing their town reads. It tells town PRs who to protect and/or watch, who not for town PRs to investigate or kill, etc.
CooLDoG wrote:LC must be scum for thinking I'm town. Nobody thinks I'm town in any game I have ever played.
Is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Because I think you're town, for a post that gives me nice town vibes, I must be scum? You must have really low self-esteem. I'm pro at reading newbies and some bad players (not saying you are one, of course). Plus I don't see scum attacking the person who has a town read on them... generally not a good idea.
Guderian wrote:
unvote

vote: Lord Cable
Bwahahaha you're scum too aren't you?
Plum wrote:LC, why do you want me to vote you?
I never wanted you to vote me. Why would I want anyone to vote me?
Internet Stranger wrote:Its scumbag suicide after they have been identified as such a scumbag by me. Not the first time, really.
Since you sound so 100% sure on this - avatar bets. If you're town and you lynch me as scum, you can pick my avatar for the next month. If you're town and you lynch me as town, I pick yours.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Guderian wrote: I wonder which scumbag is going to sheepishly show up and bus their partner?
What makes you think they haven't already done just that?
Wait, so you're admitting you think I'm scum (using the word bus) yet you call TBM out for leaving his vote on me? Herpderp contradiction.
I did say the same thing earlier but I also don't think I'm scum.

Kinda confusing to try and pick out a single scum - I can find something suspicious about everyone on my wagon that has nothing to with the fact that their own my wagon, but Guderian and IS probably end up looking the worst because of it. Assuming 2 scum, I'd say that there's only one of them on my wagon, and probably one voting somewhere else. The only person OFF the wagon I suspect is Nacho, though I don't have solid reads on either Plum or Jerbs yet. The worst thing I've seen thus far is from Guderian which means I feel totally comfortable with an
unvote, vote: Guderian
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #13) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

That was in reference to the preemptive OMGUS comment.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

Not claiming for such a terrible wagon.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #15) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:And I totally could've known that you didn't think CooLDoG was a bad player, right? :roll:
Well, you could've meta'd me and seen if I had any previous interactions with him (despite my horrendously out of date Wiki page). You could've meta'd CooLDoG and see what would likely be my impression of him, even though you have a point that you wouldn't know what it would be for sure.
Meta is pretty useless though.
StrangerCoug wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:WIFOM is fun. But I don't see any harm in a single player announcing their town reads. It tells town PRs who to protect and/or watch, who not for town PRs to investigate or kill, etc.
That may be true, and I admit that this is WIFOM territory, but do you, as a vanilla townie (this is merely an assumption), know that power roles exist in the setup? If you are a power role trying to get people to think you're not, do you know that there are other power roles in case your cover is blown? Don't you think the Mafia might take how power roles that they think could exist into account?
1. I do not know but it's safe to assume that town has at least one power role. 9p Mountainous would really suck for town.
2. It's impossible for any player to know which roles do or do not exist in the game
3. Probably, but here's a counter-question - If you were mafia and had to choose between killing an obvious townie who might be protected/watched or killing a scummy player who has a high chance of being a power role, which would you go for?
Plum wrote:
Lord Cable wrote:Not claiming for such a terrible wagon.
Wrong answer.

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.
DGB, I don't need to hear it right now.
Oh wait, you're Plum.
Needless to say, if I'm a PR and claim, I'm outed and probably useless for the rest of the game. If I'm a VT and claim, mafia won't kill me and town won't trust me. I see no reason why I should claim. Leaving the ambiguity is better.
Besides, PR claims should never be the basis of your lynch decision. I've pushed for lynches on unclaimed players before and have even hammered them from time to time because I felt that a claim was irrelevant - they were just that scummy.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #16) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

By the way I'd still like to know why you guys think I'm scum. I have a hard time reading invisible ink.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #17) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Lord Cable »

Even though I want to maintain ambiguity? I still stand by my argument that claimign is bad. If we go into
Night with an unclaimed player who is seen as scummy, it leaves WIFOM for scum. They might worry that a
Vig will kill me. They might worry that I'm a powerful PR. Or they might just think I'm VT and worth keeping alive.

A claim will just make night into one of two scenarios instead of opening up cans of WIFOM.
Lord Cable
Lord Cable
Townie
Lord Cable
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Lord Cable »

I already claimed. If you can't find it, tough luck, that's the point. I'm not going to say any more on the matter.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”