DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Kat 138 wrote:I'd love to hear what all the 1.0 vets have to say about their views.
I don't know what Kitoari is getting at with this "choose someone who is pro-town" business. It actually sounds kind of fishy to me. There's no reason to try and out think the choice system. The town simply doesn't have the benefit of a QT, so there's no way around broadcasting any pre-planning for the entire world to see. The best way to do this is just to keep your choices to yourself for the time being. Be sure to follow Percy's tips, however, when creating a preference list. Don't worry about choosing active/passive/silo abilities, you want to pick straight from the ability list itself and put them in a clear ordered list for the Mod to follow. Percy's example list is actually pretty good, but you should alter it to match your playstyle. If you like investigative roles, then Fighter or Espionage would be a good place to start a list, but if you know you draw in nightkills or think you may draw nukes, then perhaps you should look at Airbase or Fallout Shelter as major choices. Don't try to out think this, just be yourself. There's no wrong answer (with the exception of Failsafe which, again, I agree with Percy on. I would not recommend choosing this at all. The potential negative results far outweigh the positive. You'd be better off just picking an anti-ballistic missile silo).
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Toog is as scummy as IS is town.

I'd blast PERCY at this point.
IGMNOY
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

SocioPath wrote:Toog is as scummy as IS is town.
I'm not entirely sure if you are saying I am not scummy at all and you believe IS is absolutely scum, or vice versa, or if you are making some kind of claim that one of us must be scum...
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by Percy »

Andrius wrote:
Last game we had a (town) player claim a Radar result, which tracked a (town) player's Fighter ability to a (town) player who had deployed defensive troops.
There were some players last game who thought you needed to choose missile silo, offensive troops or defensive troops, and then list the abilities in that subsection by preference. This is not the case.

Glad to know I made a good first impression on you, Percy. :roll:
Hey, I didn't name names :P

And oh man, you were so much better than Enigma :P
Internet Stranger wrote:Nukes will be flying, despite the attempts at constant manipulation by the peace loving one-world government hippies.
I like how you snuck "government" in there. Lolwut?

I'm actually serious. I know that nukes are the "idea" behind the game, but playing this game as if we didn't have them, but we have additional lynches, is actually the best thing we can do as town.

Unless it's sanctioned by the playerbase, no-one should nuke. If you disagree, then say why, kthx.

Sociopath wrote:I'd blast PERCY at this point.
IGMNOY
:roll:
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

Ok caught up now. Sorry for the multi posts.
Internet Stranger wrote:Wow, it would really suck if Percy turns out to be a commie sympathizer, right?

TRUST NO ONE.

Nukes will be flying, despite the attempts at constant manipulation by the peace loving one-world government hippies. The communist scum will be ferreted out and disposed off. Either by lynching or crispy-critter style.
Hey are you a secret jester or what??
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

RedCoyote wrote:
Kat 138 wrote:I'd love to hear what all the 1.0 vets have to say about their views.
I don't know what Kitoari is getting at with this "choose someone who is pro-town" business. It actually sounds kind of fishy to me. There's no reason to try and out think the choice system. The town simply doesn't have the benefit of a QT, so there's no way around broadcasting any pre-planning for the entire world to see. The best way to do this is just to keep your choices to yourself for the time being. Be sure to follow Percy's tips, however, when creating a preference list. Don't worry about choosing active/passive/silo abilities, you want to pick straight from the ability list itself and put them in a clear ordered list for the Mod to follow. Percy's example list is actually pretty good, but you should alter it to match your playstyle. If you like investigative roles, then Fighter or Espionage would be a good place to start a list, but if you know you draw in nightkills or think you may draw nukes, then perhaps you should look at Airbase or Fallout Shelter as major choices. Don't try to out think this, just be yourself. There's no wrong answer (with the exception of Failsafe which, again, I agree with Percy on. I would not recommend choosing this at all. The potential negative results far outweigh the positive. You'd be better off just picking an anti-ballistic missile silo).
The town should understand each ability and choose the list based on the best strategy for the town and their playstyle as they see it. I don't like how this post is trying to guide votes too specifically and your advice seems to lack overall integrity.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Post by Jed Cooper »

SocioPath wrote:Toog is as scummy as IS is town.

I'd blast PERCY at this point.
IGMNOY
I don't like too scum to be scum.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:30 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Toogeloo wrote:Radar is similar to Fighter in that it doesn't give you alignment if you track someone to another player, and worse still, you cannot track the scum night kills
MOD: Is this true?

(Yes. --AGM)
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:58 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Jed Cooper wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Scum:
IS
Fate

Different scumteams. Calling it now.
this.
FTR the posts were flying like crazy earlier and I was at work. I repudiate this post from myself. Fate ultimately made good sense.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Faraday »

Kitoari wrote:We should pick someone by consensus who we believe is town to have them take one of the obviously pro-scum abilities.
that's a good idea (but not really)
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Faraday »

[quote[MY NUKE ISNT GOING TO RESULT FROM A TOWN CIRCLE JERKING, I.E. DONT BOTHER TRYING TO CONTROL IT WITH PSEUDO-VOTES.
MY NUKE IS THE NUKE THAT SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.[/quoted]
QFT

Also no to nuke claim, no to picking someone town to take nuke blah blah strategy talk which I don't care about since I already sent my picks in.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:02 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Percy, I disagree. I want to be a hero and nuke scumz
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Are you aware that a vig that refuses to be guided by the town is lynchable?
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:19 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Not if you nuke scumz, though. Like, if i'm 100% on a read, and there's no support, I'm taking the shot
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Faraday »

LYNCHABLE EH?

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not the hero. He's a silent guardian, watchful protector. The Dark Knight."

^^ this is how I feel on the nuke discussion
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:21 am

Post by chesskid3 »

The motherfucking batman
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

chesskid3 wrote:Not if you nuke scumz, though. Like, if i'm 100% on a read, and there's no support, I'm taking the shot
And how, pray tell, do we know that you're town then?

Because your sentiment is pro-scum.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:26 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Read me from other things than my nuke. It's called mafia.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:36 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

That won't stop the rope tho. Its called Mafia and if you refuse to have the town guide ur vig, then u r one.
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Wow, dont you weenies have any pride? Any pride to be a full red blooded American? This bedwetting communist talk isnt what being an American is about. We have nukes and we will use them again. We bombed the shit out of the Japs and it won us the war. We shall do it again to these commies and win yet again.

Dont any of you find it ironic that the proposed method to weed out the communist scum is by using a centralized form of planning regarding what to do with our own god damn nukes? I dont know about the rest of you, but im not ready to kneel in from of Percy and gobble him. Its downright shameful the way some of you hippies are behaving. The communists are sitting around laughing at your weakness.

Henceforth I say, screw you all. I will weed out the scum by myself if I have to, THATS what America is all about. Self-reliance and stomping on commies with a nuclear missile.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Jed Cooper wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:Radar is similar to Fighter in that it doesn't give you alignment if you track someone to another player, and worse still, you cannot track the scum night kills
MOD: Is this true?
AlmasterGM wrote:
Radar:
The night may be dark, but your radar screen is neon green. And it’s hard to miss stuff flashing in neon green. {I will inform you of who target player targets, if anyone.
Note: The Stealth Bomber is a shared activated ability and cannot be detected.
}
-----
Jed Cooper wrote:That won't stop the rope tho. Its called Mafia and if you refuse to have the town guide ur vig, then u r one.
So what you are saying is that we will treat every nuke that isn't sanctioned as if it were fail safed?
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

@IS: Thanks for sharing
Mr. Too Scummy For The Room
When you
hang
NUKE
Quote Clip
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50 am

Post by Toogeloo »

On the nuke subject, I don't find sanctioning our nukes as very productive. You wouldn't direct a Vigilante on who to kill every night would you?

I do love the "scum-hunting" that is going on btw. This is quite possibly the easiest phase to feign town since there is no consequence, and everyone is jumping all over the one person who sticks out like a sore thumb.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:52 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I JUMPED ON HIM FIRST. WHERE'S MY MEDAL?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Faraday »

Who's jumping on who?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”