CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by CityofAs »

I'll get us going with some questions:

1. What is your experience level? -how many games have you played in?
2. Do you agree with Lynch All Liars?
3. Do you agree with Lynch all Lurkers?
4. What would you do as scum at L-1 to try and shift the lynch away from you?
5. When do you find it appropriate to hammer someone?

My own answers:

1. This is my 8th game, the 2nd one on this site.
2. Depends. Lying is generally anti-town but I've seen a few games were a town lie helped the town.
3. No. Inactivity rarely determines alignment (but "active lurking" is a different story. When someone hangs around the thread alot but never posts any real content, this is a scumtell.)
4. I find that fake-scumhunting and suggesting a new lynch target doesn't work that well, it's usually seen as deflecting. I find alot of it is attitude, getting angry instead of depressed, providing a reasonable explanation for your behavior, and just voting for the next best lynch most of the time (that might be seen as scummy, but really thats would I would do as town. Town would rather lynch an unknown than a confirmed town (themselves).
5. Examples of when I would hammer are: a. When I am positive they are scum b. when it's not LyLo and they are the scummiest of the only viable lynch options
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by CityofAs »

ZazieR wrote:1. Dunno
2. No
3. No
4. -
5. Can only remember one time I hammered, which was against a player I was suspecting all game.

Vote CityofAs
Why are voting me? I have to admit the fact you only answered the bare minimum and threw out a unexplained vote doesn't look good.
Zodiark13 wrote:Ok, first off;
Vote: CityofAs

I am vehemently opposed to RQS as a replacement to RVS. The first NG I IC'd was abandoned because of it.
I fail to see why it makes me scummy though. That's just a unrelated disagreement imo. Unless you're just voting me because you disagree with me, which doesn't help town at all.
Zodiark13 wrote:2. Ok, the link would be good in a NG, but, dude, this is a Mini Theme. The link makes you look condecending to me.
Sorry. I'm new to this site and I don't know the experience/difficulty levels of the various types of games (hence the experience question). I honestly wasn't trying to be condescending.
andrew94 wrote:i only have 1 question 1)how does the above help us apart from making wifom and trapping people(town)
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Can I ask why CityofA's is doing this though? It's not particularly useful evidence.
True. But it spurs discussion and gets the game going (which is clearly has...).
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by CityofAs »

Drench wrote:
CityofAs wrote:5. When do you find it appropriate to hammer someone?
5. When there's a general consensus
this strikes me as odd, you would hammer someone just because other people think they are scum?
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by CityofAs »

Zodiark13 wrote:Oh yeah, and causing the town to squabble as to weather question 4 is WIFOM or not, and discuss the merits(or lack thereof) of RQS, distracting them from scumhunting, is so townish.
Distracting them from what scumhunting? There was no game content prior to my questions.
Zodiark13 wrote:Successful scum is successful.
If I was successful scum, you wouldn't be voting for me.
Carrotcake wrote:WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK OF A FLAVOR CLAIM?
Are games on this site breakable by flavor? The other site I play on, the mods are careful to avoid that. Would a flavor claim even do anything for town?

fake edit: after reading the rest of the thread, I see that these games aren't (shouldn't) be breakable by flavor. So why...
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I believe I explained that as a momentary lapse of judgement on my part. I thought it might help town in some way to have a rough guess of what roles could be scum/in the game etc.

Then I realized how stupid that was >.<
This is not a good explanation imo...
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And even after I get chided, and I admitted that this was a mistake on my part, Carrotcake comes in and asks for role names from everyone.

That's what caught my attention. I made the mistake already... So how can someone public male that mistake a second time without having an intent to do so?
Although yeah this is way worse.
Carrotcake wrote:Oh, your not trying to lynch me, and are just going for the pressure?
So indescisive, when no pressure came upon you.
Why say this so early? You need a bit more backbone. Go for my head.
Formulate a full case against me.
Or is this scum, distancing himself, because you know i'm town?

You don't have to spam all caps to be a troll. You are the quite common troll that thinks he's a shining beacon of the community, but in your arrogance and paranoia, you've attacked a man's character for being thoughtful.

Going after the ridiculous attack, that's ironically more distracting than whining about a distracting question set. Is obvious, and requires little justification on why I did it. It's to help town. Laz is harming town, and blowing smoke to look like he's helping it.

Forget appealing to authority, or my join date, or other metagames that you feel you have an advantage on. You are scaring discussion away while feeling justified on a few extra things based on "experience". Your authority, if you had any, is meaningless. Discuss each point as they exist in the game.

Do some research? To find out you dislike RVS, and that your tastes are even worth researching? Hahaha. How self centered can you possibly be, troll? Go and make more friends.

I want at least half the town involved in the roleclaim fiasco before I proceed with that. I've answered everything on my other posts by the way. Go re-read.
Who is this post directed at? It appears to be multiple people? and you didn't answer the questions...
Carrotcake wrote:Stop avoiding my questions.
what
Carrotcake wrote:Not to mention your pressure is meaningless. As it's baseless and lies on the fact that you are misinterpreting my posts.
it's scummy to discount other people's cases on you as meaningless and baseless. Pressure is pressure is pressure. Right now it looks like you could be lynched; why do you say that her case is meaningless?

Carrot is scummy...

Vote: Carrotcake
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by CityofAs »

I don't like how Carrot is ignoring everything he doesn't want to respond to. He hasn't proven to me that he isn't scummy. I'm keeping my vote as it is.
Carrotcake wrote:Her case is meaningless
You had 4 votes on you as of this post. If that's not meaning I don't know what is.

@ Jester possibility: IMO, if there's a Jester we're screwed anyway, and the chance is low. So let's just hope there's not and go on as normal. Zodiark looks slightly defensive of Carrot, so he becomes scummier if Carrot flips scum.
andrew94 wrote:
vote cityofas

opourtunistic bandwagoning
I would like to point out that I have (i think) 2 votes on me already. So what are you doing? I would also like to point out that you have posted like no content this game. (granted, there's like 5 more pages every 24 hours, so it is hard to keep up). I posted reasoning for voting Carrot. Are you saying he isn't scummy? If I have good reasoning, it isn't opportunistic bandwagoning.
SpyreX wrote:Things depend on this flip, o course, but:

Lambda-chan: Drench, Carrotcake
Rena: UK
Cityofas: ZazieR, Zodiark
Zodiark: Exilon
Carrotcake: Lambda-chan, TheLonging, UncertainKitten, Spyrex

Not Voting: Cityofas, andrew24, Tumescence

I think this will be a fun one come parse time. If this is a scum flip I'm not smelling bus for once which would be AWESOME-O
andrew is voting CityofAs, I am voting Carrot, UK is not voting Rena, I think the rest is right... but I'm too lazy to check...
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:CityofA's vote was suspicious to me. Like... He wanted to disassociate himself from Carrot(especially after Carrot had defended his RQS so hardcore).

If I were a betting woman, I'd go after him if Carrot flips scum.
I didn't ask him to defend me... and a good scum will defend town as well (although if Carrot is scum, he's not a good one so... I guess that's not a point in my favor >_>)
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by CityofAs »

CityofAs wrote:
andrew94 wrote:
vote cityofas

opourtunistic bandwagoning
I would like to point out that I have (i think) 2 votes on me already. So what are you doing?
Just to clarify, here I am suggesting that you are doing exactly what you claim I am (opportunistivc bandwagoning).
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by CityofAs »

first off, I (was) a one-shot roleblocker. I targeted UK last night, and no one died. UK --> scum
secondly, UK told us that Zodiark was scum, and he was not. UK --> scum

@Tracker claim: UK, is not it entirely possible that Zodiark was a cop/networker/etc? Why would you believe without out a doubt, to the point of forcing a lynch, that Zodiark was mafia? I'm not familiar with the "red truth", but afaict it constitutes something that the poster is
confident
of a proven fact. Your statement proved to be false, and even in your tracker claim you showed that you didn't have absolute proof that Zodiark was scum. I would understand claiming and voting for him, but your use of red truth doesn't make sense. The mafia ability of having a townie do their lynch seems very unlikely.

Vote: UncertainKitten
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by CityofAs »

UncertainKitten wrote:@Roleblocker claim: Could there not have been a doctor protection? So you automatically assume I was scum?
No, I am not 100% sure that you are scum, which is why I am not using red truth like you did. but it is unlikely that a doctor happened to have a lucky guess the same night I targeted you (who already looked scummy). I won't be confident you are scum until I see the death post. But I find you scummy enough to warrant a vote.
UK wrote: @the rest of it: I got overconfident and was wrong. But, if he had been a cop or anything like that, he would have claimed it, I would have outted myself as a tracker, and we'd continue on our way. But he wasn't. He claimed VT.

Also, would you like an example of that ability? Because I can CERTAINLY provide that :P. I've seen it before, or I'd have been completely flummoxed.
I would like an example. Also, if you knew about this ability, why didn't you consider it as a possibility?
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by CityofAs »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I have two problems with your vote CoA.

Firstly, your claim is weird. Suddenly outing yourself as a ONE-SHOT RB, and telling us that you HAPPENED to target UK.
I targeted UK because of what happened yesterday, which struck me as very scummy.

Flavor: My character is Hojo Satoko. I'm not sure who that is (I don't know the story) but the roleblock flavor is setting traps for people. I can only set one because the land has limited resources.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”