Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Post 946 should have been after 949. Guess I had that window open a lot longer than I thought.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

well for some reason 946 and 947 were posted at 3:30-ish and they're showing up earlier than that. Everything from Equi and AGM had already been posted when I posted both of those...wonder if the server hiccuped or if me leaving the window open all day messed things up.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Server hiccup. It happened in a few threads.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Equinox »

Fun fact: Equinox has never won a LyLo. Ever. This game continues that streak.

Congratulations, AlmasterGM. You played this one well, and it paid off. I'd avoid things like this in the future, though.

What can I say? This loss was partly my fault; if I'd actually read everything on Day 4, I'd have realized that AlmasterGM had a crap case on Kid Know Nothing. Alas, a lesson I should have learned ages ago...

So, uh, yeah. I think I have a few comments once endgame rolls around.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I hate being the deciding vote. I'm going to bed - gg AGM.

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Herp derp, slow mod is slowww.

But yeah, I was scum. I don't think you guys messed up, really - ConfidAnon's play was pretty bad, so even though Equinox played well, there wasn't much he could do to overcome that.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Also, like half the "strategic" stuff I did was actually just me being stupid and getting lucky. For example, the no-kill was because I thought, "lulz if I no-kill then there's moar ppl and it's harder to find meee heheehe." I TOTALLY forgot the town could just no-lynch.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:29 am

Post by Espeonage »

See my sig.

AlmasterGM won. Sorry I don't have anything better right now. Don't have the time. I need to repond to 5 prods asap.

If you have any questions ask them. Sorry for not being a great mod.
Don't @ me.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:21 am

Post by AGar »

Ok, so I consider that endgaming.

Gratz Almaster.

Sucks I was killed N1 :(
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Strangely, I don't remember very much about this game...
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Good and Honest »

I have a lot of things to say but I don't think I'll be able to write them all at once...

First of all, a belated "Welcome to this game, Equinox"! It's a pity that I wasn't "alive" when you came; it would have been really interesting for me to play with you!

I had hoped I'd never be a mafioso in a game of Mafia but, unfortunately, it happened in this game. I try not to take into consideration my role so I don't think I'd have played differently if I weren't a mafioso. In any case, I get no enjoyment at all from being a mafioso, I actually feel bad (Equinox, I think you have similar feelings), so I basically played this game just so the other players could enjoy it...

As I said on Day 3, "I have the bad feeling that the lack of comments on Day 3 might prove to be a problem in the future...". A few players said little on that Day. But if I thought Day 3 was bad, I had no idea what a disaster Day 4 would turn out to be.

During Day 4, the discussion mostly revolved around making guesses about something which I HAD DIRECTLY SAID! In my post #746, I told gonnano:

"By the way, if you had looked more closely at my previous three games (especially the third one), you'd have found out that as a mafioso I would never kill anyone at all"

Equinox, you were right to point out that I had given a link to my first game on this site, where I explain some things about my playstyle. However, you didn't mention that later I gave links to my second and third games as well - and in the third one I do say directly that I would never kill as a mafioso. But you didn't even need to look at that game since I stated the same thing in this game! I was flabbergasted that no one mentioned this - it made me wonder whether people in this game actually read what I wrote...

So, since I wouldn't kill, Zachrulez was lynched on Day 2 and according to Hoopla's "Tracker" results Kid Know Nothing had gone nowhere on Night 2, unless Kid Know Nothing had some very special abilities ("Tracker" immunity?), it was absolutely obvious that Kid Know Nothing couldn't be the third mafioso! So, when I read that you had lynched Kid Know Nothing on Day 4, I literally slapped my forehead in disbelief and disappointment... It was then that I came to the conclusion that the town would lose.

Kid Know Nothing, at the beginning of Day 4 you said that you'd like to ask me a few things. It will be very interesting for me to see your questions!

I'll share more thoughts in my next post.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Well, thankgod that finally finished. Redtail is right - I've been banging my head for the last two months, waiting for this to play out. I knew this would happen as soon as I died though, heck, it was still happening at the beginning too. Such languid, apathetic towns don't deserve to win, and though there was a glimmer of hope at the end, I didn't really expect any other result.

My clearing of Almaster was a pivotal passage of play that damaged our chances - it just goes to show how wrong you can be sometimes. To be honest, I was having doubts toward the end of my tenure, but let it ride, mostly on the basis of boxing the town into the corners I wanted them to look when I was gone, rather than just confusing them with a back-down and having them trust their own gut. Although, having said that, I don't think my considerations were taken into account very much at all. You lynched an innocent-result on Kid Know Nothing! How could you guys do that? He was 50% cleared and you took a chance on him being scum over other candidates? He was possibly even more cleared when you consider Good And Honest's attitude toward voting - as if he would have made the mafia kill! Regardless, the innocent result meant the town (at the very minimum) should have suspected KKN at least twice as much as the next best candidate for him to be the logical kill. And I don't think there is any way that was true.

The reason I came out as tracker on Day 3 was to try and lock down the game with a large enough core of innocent/psuedo-innocent players and catch the scum in a process-of-elimination style scenario. I thought it was likely I'd be the mafia's kill that night regardless, so I made sure I extracted and cashed in the most information I could that day, so I had as much control over the rest of the game as I could. This was why I gambited to 'clear' redtail, and why I claimed my results to half-clear Kid Know Nothing. I'm still dazzled that the town lynched him. It's also why I pushed massclaim, so I could try and break the game from a balance perspective. Vel was pretty obviously town too, and in the end CA/Equinox and Almaster should have been the lynches.

I still dislike Good And Honest's playstyle, and would like to take up the debate again, because I don't really think it's a viable playstyle, or at best it's just really anti-town. Expect to be policy lynched in future games if you continue that charade - eventually people will just get sick of it. Equinox did a credible job of replacing in, and I had a small hope Vel would trust his gut and pull something out of the bag, but I think Almaster's venomous bussing was too hard to believe, which is completely understandable. But again, the endgame should never have been these three players to begin with.

I think redtail was solid throughout, and like I said in a previous newbie game, he has a lot of promise as a mafia player. His fluctuating activity probably is holding him back though. Still, he played quite well, and responded exactly as I was hoping for on Day 3. He was quite obviously town.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The one thing I didn't like about this setup was the lover pair. The site meta is basically to lynch a lover pairing with the accepted belief that one of the two are highly likely scum. I think this practically guaranteed Good and Honest's death. (Even with her own play contributing.)

Consider how differently the game could have been if she was simply a goon and gonnano vanilla.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:26 am

Post by Espeonage »

As a not so great player myself I really don't feel like I should judge the play of all of you. I will say that I knew scum was in a with a great chance. I also know (Maybe because I have played a ton of games with AGM) that I would have hit him hard with meta when he bussed the hell out of his partners.

Hoopla played well and almost broke the game open. Those would be my picks as MVP for each side.

@ GnH: I can understand the motives for your playstyle but it really isn't a playstyle for here. I do know that another forum I frequent might find you an interesting player to play against. (They play around 3 - 6/7 factions per game with alliances and private talking and sharing with whoever you want.) I don't mean to be rude or anything but maybe try the mafia games on a different site.

Props go to Equinox for making a great attempt at turning the game into a win and also some nice finds in that case you made. I actually almost screwed AGM over. I think he was a bit unhappy with me at times such as when I let the night run when he requested it to be shortened and leaving the thread open a few extra hours, time in which Equinox posted the case. I don't think it had any negative effect though.

I'm not sure if modding is my cup of tea. I'm not motivated and active enough, I don't think. I hope you guys still enjoyed the game though.

As for the set-up. Some things came up with this being the only mini-normal to have lovers in it. The set-up was built with the lovers as the first roles picked. I think I ended up with as balanced and non swingy game as I could have hoped for. That may have been just how it panned out but I would love some feedback in that regard.

Anyway, thanks for sticking through it everyone. It was an honour to mod some great players and I must say i was shocked when vel joined the game. I don't think I have read a game with you in it before now. Made me feel good on the inside.
Don't @ me.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Equinox »

So, yeah... this game.

Spoiler: Comments on my own play
I never actually read the whole thing. I may have gotten anywhere from 80% to 90% of it, but the disjointed manner in which I went through the thread and the fact that I never had a complete picture really didn't help. I don't think I'll be replacing into any 20+-page games for a
long
time.

In hindsight, I could have done
much
better for Day 4. As Hoopla said, the result cleared Kid Know Nothing, especially with the meta Good and Honest provided in the game. Props to AlmasterGM for making a convincing case, and coals to Equinox for completely missing the contradiction in it. A very difficult lesson to learn...

Day 5, I managed to dig dirt on a confirmed townie. I'm really not proud of that one. Sorry, redtail896.

Hoopla, seriously, you're a genius.

Playing with Vel-Rahn Koon was interesting. I was really surprised to see him practically plead town to lynch him before LyLo, but that did work out pretty well in that it cleared him (eventually).

Good and Honest, I never saw the other two links you posted... probably because I ended up skimming past your humongous walls, even when I tried to do an isolation read of you.

Not much else to say here.

Thanks for modding, Espeonage!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh, Hi Equinox!

I actually forgot you replaced into this game multiple times.
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:53 am

I play Mafia because I love the feeling of being a detective and trying to solve a mystery case... So I tried to solve this case, too - unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to solve it completely since I couldn't inspect myself...

I can't really determine whether a single player is a mafioso since there can be numerous explanations for everything. I'm trying to solve the cases mainly by looking at the interactions between the players and thinking about possibilities - which of them could be mafia partners... This game was more difficult for me than the Newbie games I have participated in since there the mafiosi are only two while in Mini Normal games they are often three; furthermore, the number of players is bigger so there are more interactions to pay attention to.

When I saw Hoopla's "Paranoid Gun Owner" claim right at the beginning of the game, that felt very funny to me since I had looked at Mini 973; anyway, I thought Hoopla would do it here again regardless of role in the game.

Then there was AGar's reaction to the claim and the dialogue between Hoopla and AGar. When playing Mafia, I'm looking for strange interactions and that dialogue really seemed peculiar to me - I had the feeling they could be mafia partners who had decided before the start of the game that they would have such an interaction...

drmyshottyizsik's actions didn't surprise me at all. I didn't even want to consider the "Doctor" claim - I felt that even if drmyshottyizsik had another role, later an explanation like this could be given: "But I really am a Doctor - Doctor Myshottyizsik!"...

drmyshottyizsik was a very easy target, whom I thought the mafiosi would be likely to attack - and Zachrulez and AlmasterGM were the ones who seemed most eager to get rid of drmyshottyizsik in some way. So at that point I had solved the case as much as I could (I suspected two thirds of the mafia)...

Then there was Hoopla's attack against Elleran, which I didn't like - especially since it was Hoopla who mentioned Newbie 957, where Elleran was an innocent townsperson and showed a similar behaviour to the one in this game... but that didn't seem to change Hoopla's mind at all.

At one point AlmasterGM also voted for Elleran without any reasonable explanation... Later I would ask AlmasterGM numerous times about that (other players also commented on it) but without an answer - which increased my suspicion.

I noticed that Zachrulez and ConfidAnon didn't really do much during Day 1 so I thought that maybe either one of them or both could be mafiosi who didn't want to get involved in the discussion...

The interactions between AGar and gonnano seemed strange to me but not really in a way that made me think they were partners (although I didn't exclude that possibility) - I thought they were more likely a result of Mini 992, where they played together.

When I refused to participate in the "protective role" mass claim, Hoopla suggested that I be lynched... and both Zachrulez and AlmasterGM were quick to agree - once again choosing a relatively easy target... By the way, in my third game on this site, I said that I think that if I'm a mafioso in a game, my partner(s) would be the one(s) most willing to get rid of me... People in this game should have really explored this possibility.

I actually thought ConfidAnon might have been so quiet on Day 1 because of being a "Cop". At the beginning of Day 2 ConfidAnon immediately accused Zachrulez... who was a mafioso. Although their mutual attacks also seemed somewhat strange to me, especially since I had asked them on Day 1 to share thoughts on each other - which, if they were partners, could have made them simulate some interactions between each other.

I don't approve of Hoopla's decision to stop interacting with me. It deprived the town of a lot of potential information since I had asked Hoopla quite a few things. In fact, it could have been exactly a mafioso tactic to reduce the amount of information...

I was also very confused why gonnano suddenly decided to stop answering my questions. I couldn't understand what gonnano would achive by doing this - especially after talking about asking the "right" questions but never doing it. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure why I wasn't asked almost any questions in this game.

During Day 3, there was the famous trialogue between Hoopla, redtail896 and gonnano regarding the "Gunsmith" claim... It really seemed to me that something wasn't right about that trialogue - as if Hoopla and either redtail896 or gonnano were mafia partners trying to prove they are innocent... Then there was AlmasterGM's puzzling reaction to that situation (as if AlmasterGM hadn't realized Hoopla had unclaimed) and the even more puzzling fact that Hoopla didn't point that out immediately - that was another peculiar interaction which could mean the two were partners. As you can see, I could imagine Hoopla being a partner with quite a few of the other players... While I was sure that redtail896 could be a mafioso only if Hoopla was one as well.

On Day 3 I explored the possibilities of Zachrulez being a partner with each of the other players "alive" and I was very disappointed that no one seemed to pay attention to my post. By the way, the one thing that most made me sure someone couldn't be a partner with Zachrulez was when during Day 1 gonnano asked what Zachrulez's position on the "protective role" mass claim was but then added: "EBWOP: Or whatever else you want to say. Not trying to force anything". I really couldn't imagine someone saying that to their partner.

At the beginning of Day 3, Hoopla mentioned making a new analysis of Day 1 and Day 2 and promised to reveal it later. At one point I asked about it but Hoopla didn't share it... That was one more thing that could possibly have helped the town.

As I said, I try not to take my role into consideration. However, this game was special since another player's fate depended on me - gonnano was my Lover. I don't think it was a good idea for gonnano to reveal that we were Lovers but I couldn't let the other players lynch gonnano because they think gonnano is lying... That was certainly one of those mythical "special situations" where I revealed something about my role. I have to say that in my opinion the players' decision to lynch gonnano was very risky - it was completely possible that we were both innocent townspeople.

In this context, I'll remind you Hoopla's post #697 which is about the huge "statistical unlikelihood" of there being Lovers in a Normal game and one of them being a player who doesn't want to reveal anything about their role (me). OK, but, as statistically unlikely as that is, this was the case here! That's why I think people shouldn't think only about the most "possible" and most "likely" solutions. And I did tell Hoopla that the fact that something is "unnecessary" doesn't mean it can't be done - when Hoopla was claiming that Zachrulez voting for a mafia partner (AlmasterGM) during that particular situation on Day 1 would be "unnecessary"...

When Vel-Rahn Koon seemingly gave up, I felt that was genuine, I didn't really perceive it as a mafioso trick. I tried to encourage Vel-Rahn Koon not to give up...

Vel-Rahn Koon, in my post #660 I wrote some things to you, including some thoughts about our differing approaches towards the game. Later you repeated the same things you had said that provoked me to write what I said in post #660 and it seemed to me that you hadn't really paid attention to my post. I hope at least now you'll take a look at it.

Kid Know Nothing seemed to have a special attitude towards voting and wrote a couple of long posts... That reminded me in a way of my playstyle and writing style. I think this influenced me as I didn't really suspect Kid Know Nothing during the game.

Hoopla's post #729 gave me an insight (or at least I believed so at the time...) - redtail896 had to be a "Serial Killer"! During the whole Day 3 redtail896's actions suggested to me very clearly that redtail896 had a special role. So I was shocked when redtail896 claimed to be a "Vanilla Townie" and I couldn't believe it. I thought about the fact that a "Serial Killer" usually has a knife and not a gun - that would explain why redtail896 stated so convincingly not having a gun (but after double-checking!)... And if Hoopla were right in thinking that a "Serial Killer" would have an immunity to night kills, that would also explain redtail896's behaviour during the whole game - since redtail896 wouldn't have to be afraid of being perceived as a threat by the mafiosi...

For once I felt excited during the game - I thought I had solved a case (the "Who's the Serial Killer?" case)... That's why I did something not typical for me - I shared with the other players this quite direct suspicion... redtail896's next post didn't include any comments on my theory and that increased my belief that I was right... However, no one else commented on my theory, either, which really disappointed me. I was sure that if it did turn out that redtail896 was a "Serial Killer", redtail896 would win the game.

In my next post I'll talk about the developments in the game after I "committed suicide".
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by gonnano »

So I was pretty much wrong on every single one of my reads. Well, at least there's plenty of room for improvement. I agree that we made Hoopla carry the town way too much, as evidenced by the massive collapse in activity after she died.

I was very surprised at the lynch of KKN, considering that he was essentially cleared by the tracker investigation (in combination with G&H's playstyle). IMO, that was one of the biggest mistakes that the town made.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Good and Honest wrote:I play Mafia because I love the feeling of being a detective and trying to solve a mystery case... So I tried to solve this case, too - unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to solve it completely since I couldn't inspect myself...
Maybe you should read murder mystery books, because the only reason mafia exists is because other players are willing to play the role of the liar. You're completely neglecting one half of the game because you refuse to lie, and conversely the times where this 'playstyle' is supposed to work (your town game), it doesn't, because refusing to lie means you can't tell the truth without it completely messing up your scumgame. Hence, you end up somewhere in the middle the whole time, almost always disabling you from voting and claiming.
Good and Honest wrote: I don't approve of Hoopla's decision to stop interacting with me. It deprived the town of a lot of potential information since I had asked Hoopla quite a few things. In fact, it could have been exactly a mafioso tactic to reduce the amount of information...
I was trying to prove a point by doing the EXACT same thing you were doing - saying nothing. I was just doing it in a different way. Why should you get to be able to say/do nothing, then bemoan the fact you're being ignored?
Good and Honest wrote: At the beginning of Day 3, Hoopla mentioned making a new analysis of Day 1 and Day 2 and promised to reveal it later. At one point I asked about it but Hoopla didn't share it... That was one more thing that could possibly have helped the town.
Know what could have helped the town? You providing
any
analysis at all. You don't get to criticize when you don't do anything yourself.
Good and Honest wrote: In this context, I'll remind you Hoopla's post #697 which is about the huge "statistical unlikelihood" of there being Lovers in a Normal game and one of them being a player who doesn't want to reveal anything about their role (me). OK, but, as statistically unlikely as that is, this was the case here! That's why I think people shouldn't think only about the most "possible" and most "likely" solutions. And I did tell Hoopla that the fact that something is "unnecessary" doesn't mean it can't be done - when Hoopla was claiming that Zachrulez voting for a mafia partner (AlmasterGM) during that particular situation on Day 1 would be "unnecessary"...
For sure - just because something is unlikely, doesn't mean it's not true. But if you dive into games with that mentality and make cases based on obscure possibilities, it's a recipe for disaster. You should ALWAYS act based on the best evidence available, and if there is a situation more likely than the one on offer, it is the rational play to go down that avenue. It doesn't guarentee anything, but it improves your chances.

The lover claim was a statistical unlikelihood, and even though I was wrong on that specific count, I safeguarded the possibility I was wrong with the safety-net of a balance based case. The town didn't have enough power to compensate for the disability of having two town lovers. If the lover claim was false, we lynch scum, if it was true, we still have good odds of it being a one scum/one town combination. It was the right play.

The same with Almaster's play. He played well to bus so convincingly, and I'll surely take that into account when I play with him again - I'll have a more detailed catalogue of Almaster specific tells to look for. But that still doesn't mean thinking he was town this game was the wrong play at the time. In parallel situations, it's likelier that scum wouldn't bus in those situations.
Good and Honest
Good and Honest
Townie
Good and Honest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:50 am

Hoopla, it's very interesting for me to have a discussion with you but that will happen in a future post as I want to finish with my thoughts on the game first.

...So, as I said earlier, Day 4 was a complete disaster. Kid Know Nothing came to a very good conclusion (that I wouldn't kill, thus Kid Know Nothing's innocence being proven)... but that wasn't necessary since I had directly said that here! And then people wondered how could Kid Know Nothing possibly know that... At least ConfidAnon (in what proved to be ConfidAnon's last post) tried to explain the situation around Kid Know Nothing - which was not something a mafioso was likely to do.

Then Equinox replaced ConfidAnon. I was very curious what insights Equinox would offer but, alas, Equinox didn't manage to read everything that had happened.

Kid Know Nothing, I have to say I wasn't very happy with your post #800 where you said that I had made "a lot of very poor points". Of course, since they are my points, I disagree - that's not the important part. The question is: Why didn't you mention any of those "very poor points" while I was still "alive"? It seemed to me very easy to make that statement when I couldn't answer...

At the beginning of Day 5, both Equinox and AlmasterGM quickly voted for a "No Lynch" - that somehow felt like one of them was pretending not to have anything to do with the fact that no one was killed during Night 4...

However, at the time I was focusing almost solely on redtail896, who was wondering: "Why wasn't I killed?"... I thought that, being a "Serial Killer" and having an immunity to night kills, redtail896 was trying to make the mafioso accidentally admit in some way having tried to kill redtail896 and failing...

As you can see, I was really obsessed with my "redtail 896 is a Serial Killer" theory... So when redtail896 was killed during Night 5, I felt quite stupid. Once again, redtail896, I'm sorry!

I agreed with some of the points Equinox made about AlmasterGM but I found the explanations Equinox made somewhat confusing and I couldn't really accept them. Anyway, when Equinox voted for AlmasterGM at the beginning of Day 6, I found AlmasterGM's reaction very remarkable - it didn't indicate at all that AlmasterGM was even considering that Vel-Rahn Koon could be the last mafioso...

Equinox, I like the fact that you are using red text to show that you're telling the truth. But what is the meaning of the blue text? By the way, I knew about Newbie 940. Your emotions there felt genuine to me and I think I'd have chosen Nachomamma8 over you as the mafioso...

I was happy to see Vel-Rahn Koon acknowledge on the last Day that "just because something is improbable doesn't make it impossible"...

I hope everyone enjoyed this game!

Thank you all for playing with me!

And thank you, Espeonage, for moderating our game!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:07 am

Post by Equinox »

Good and Honest wrote:Equinox, I like the fact that you are using red text to show that you're telling the truth. But what is the meaning of the blue text?
I actually broke one of my own rules doing that in this game. When I did it in a previous game, I swore to myself that I would never use it to claim alignment or role, as that would seriously break my meta. I became desperate here, even though I figured that nobody was going to recognize it, and it was just going to be WIFOM even if they did.

So, yeah. I don't think I'm going to do that anymore...

I use blue text to emphasize an argument I'm making. :P
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Well sorry all. I knew I was going to have trouble considering how bad RL was for the early part of the game. I was completely unfocused and missed the fact that KKN should likely be innocent from the tracker result, and managed to convince myself that the "insider info" was a valid tell.

G&H, I'll go back and really read your posts, but honestly it's not about our "differing approaches" to the game. Your playstyle is not actually "playing the game" as far as the rest of the player base is concerned here on MS.net. You're certainly not living up to your win condition the way you played this game. Your objective is to either kill everyone off, or find the killers and get rid of them. By not sending in night kills or being willing to lynch people, how can you possibly say that you're "playing the game" as intended? I agree with Hoopla that I'm likely to push for a policy lynch if I ever play with you again, since no matter what team you're on, the playstyle you're adopting is not going to give anyone else a read as to your alignment, and is actually going to be a detriment to your faction.

Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

gonnano wrote:So I was pretty much wrong on every single one of my reads. Well, at least there's plenty of room for improvement. I agree that we made Hoopla carry the town way too much, as evidenced by the massive collapse in activity after she died.

I was very surprised at the lynch of KKN, considering that he was essentially cleared by the tracker investigation (in combination with G&H's playstyle). IMO, that was one of the biggest mistakes that the town made.

That's what I said! :lol:
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I seriously contemplated nightkilling G&H. Yes, my push to lynch him was a bus, but the rage was 100% real. I wanted him dead. I was REALLY scared he would blow my cover (either deliberately or on accident). I also thought gonnano might be a cop.

Fortunately, the whole lover thing solved that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

AlmasterGM wrote:I seriously contemplated nightkilling G&H. Yes, my push to lynch him was a bus, but the rage was 100% real. I wanted him dead. I was REALLY scared he would blow my cover (either deliberately or on accident). I also thought gonnano might be a cop.

Fortunately, the whole lover thing solved that.
It really did feel like we were a 2 man scumteam.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”