Zachtown in the mountains (Game over TOWN WINS!)

mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by mongoose »

hi guys. I think I am the newest guy on the list. Good time to make a first impression. Oh shit I think I ruined it.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Post by mongoose »

RVS starts at 10:40pm and ends at 9:20 am the next day. I missed all the fun :(
I was about to post something useful but then I watch KaleiÐoscøpe's avatar for a while and forgot what.

If the town could win a mafia game half the time by lynching randomly every day, it would be no fun. Needless to say the numbers are going to be in favor of the mafia. Im a bit suprised it almost a 4:1 ratio to the scum, but it should be about that much. I dont see why we should even consider not lynching on day since otherwise we are reverting back to the 4:1 odds. That being said, thanks, though they didnt help much. (in reference to I am innocent's statistics).
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by mongoose »

I Am Innocent wrote:
1) Do you know that INCLUDING THE PREGAME CHAT, 7 of the 16 players have 2 posts or less. Do you think there is a chance that the three scum could be laying low, watching this all play out and smiling. One player has yet to POST AT ALL!
ways to not be included in that list: quintiple posting. Just had to point that out.
jasonT1981 wrote:you know, this stat talk is really getting away from the actual objective of finding and lynching scum. I would suspect scum would be happy to drag discussion away from scum hunting in anyway possible maybe even perhaps lead the discussion away.....
I agree with this post. I think the people who lead discussion away from lynching tend to be scum, and the stats didn't help this. However, I am innocent does list his suspicions and they seem to be decent so for now I think he is town.

On the other hand, Benmage's posts dont help much at all. He suggests 1 lynch every day, then realizes he was wrong and changes. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing right either. He starts a case on Innocent which is rather pointless stating that posting facts is scummy, which isnt true because hes been posting content along with it. I also dont like the "Feel free to do the research yourself" post. I think he is the scmmiest player so far, though even then I think its not much of a case and isn't too strong. I have pretty bad feeling about him too.

vote benmage
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:15 am

Post by mongoose »

Mina wrote:
Page Four

Imkingdavid and mongoose have a contest on who can be more noncommittal and middle-of-the-road. I'm torn on who's scummier (and whether their behaviour can be attributed to n00bishness). On the one hand, at least mongoose provides actual opinions and a vote. On the other hand, Imkingdavid's reaction to IaI seems real-ish, and mongoose qualifies every opinion with "I dunno, he could be town, but he could also be scum."
mongoose wrote:I agree with this post. I think the people who lead discussion away from lynching tend to be scum, and the stats didn't help this. However, I am innocent does list his suspicions and they seem to be decent so for now I think he is town.
Why exactly do you think I am Innocent's suspicions were decent? Which ones in particular were decent?
I think it's extremely obvious that IAI was mistaken about if/when Benmage retracted his plan. It's possible for him to be mafia and mistaken, but being mistaken is still null. I also think it's fairly obvious that Benmage isn't really taking IAI's defence on board, which fits with my impression of Ben from the last time we played together.
This is the one area where I see jason's POV. Why are you speaking for IAI? Let IAI answer for himself if he was mistaken about the timing. In fact, Benmage actually quoted the post in which he'd retracted the plan, and IAI misinterpreted it.

I've changed the vote at the end of this page several times. Of the stronger players who are actually playing the game, I suspect Red Coyote most, although I get the occasional paranoid niggle from others. I'd originally thought Oso was town, but Elmo has a good point about how he immediately interpreted RC's slip in the worst possible way.

But on second thought...this may be picking on the newbie, but I'd like to try something.

VOTE: mongoose

That said, I may change this when I get a chance to do some meta research into his ordinary playstyle.

non committal and middle of roadish is something I noticed in my post after I posted it. I've always had trouble analyzing games towards the start, mostly due to the lack of information. I'm not that great of a scum hunter and with limited information I feel like I am clueless and only have the slightest of opinion on any of the players. As such I am unsure of my vote. I'm not sure if everyone else feels like that too, since everyone else seems so confident, which I cant get myself to feel about my accusations towards the start of the game.

On the topic of IAI: I like his response in post #47. He is calm and gives legitimate reasons. While I don't think his vote on oso is justified, I can see where its coming from. His argument on benmage is good in the first post (#74), but then he goes a bit crazy, which I can also understand since I feel like that half the time. Still, the cases make sense. I lol'd at his replies to your post, btw. He has that aura around his posts which makes the person he is talking to sound like a moron (no offense). Now that I look at the actual posts more they aren't that great, but its more of the way he posts which I like.

My playstyle tends to be not posting too much until the end game or if no one else bothers to post. I've played in SSBB, hide and seek, NFL, bondoox, black and white comic book, and now playing in c9++ sea container (which is slower than a newbie game... soo boring), just so you can check.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:40 am

Post by mongoose »

v/la
for an unknown amount of time. My computer refuses to work and I can only use my mom's laptop, which she takes to work. Now that I have time I am going to read through and see what I've missed over the last day or so.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:10 am

Post by mongoose »

jason's thing about the cop seems kinda pointless. People make mistake and I dont think the fact that he didn't read the set up makes him scum. TBH I forgot the game had no PR's as well.

looking at furcolows last 4 posts he says he thinks we should hurry up and lynch someone, but doesn't say anything contributive as for WHO to lynch. then he gives a vote without information. I don't like that at all.

nothing else really jumped out at me

unvote, vote furcolow
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 am

Post by mongoose »

Saying I've had no time is an understatement. I have my spanish exam tomorrow, and now my computer got fixed, but the charger broke. reading up what I've missed
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:24 am

Post by mongoose »

Benmage wrote:
mongoose wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:you know, this stat talk is really getting away from the actual objective of finding and lynching scum. I would suspect scum would be happy to drag discussion away from scum hunting in anyway possible maybe even perhaps lead the discussion away.....
I agree with this post. I think the people who lead discussion away from lynching tend to be scum, and the stats didn't help this. However, I am innocent does list his suspicions and they seem to be decent so for now I think he is town.
So it looks like in this statement of yours you agree with my point against IAI that his stat post was filler. Whether he redeemed himself with listing suspicions as well is an entirly different thing.
mongoose wrote: On the other hand, Benmage's posts dont help much at all.
He suggests 1 lynch every day,
Inaccuracy #1. I never said 1 lynch everyday. I said for the first day only we utilize 1 lynch.
mongoose wrote:He starts a case on Innocent which is rather pointless stating that posting facts is scummy, which isnt true because hes been posting content along with it.
1. facts were filler, hence scummy
2. content doesn't nullify my initial point.
towards the start of the game, most things are filler, which people use to gauge other people's reactions. You say RVS isn't filler posting to get the game started? I think this is similar.
Benmage wrote:
mongoose wrote: I think he is the scmmiest player so far, though even then I think its not much of a case and isn't too strong. I have pretty bad feeling about him too.

vote benmage
Explain this last sentence because I am lost.

1. You think I am the scummiest thus far?
2. You don't think the case on me is very strong?
3. You have a bad feeling about me?
^All correct?
that was a while ago but yeah, I thought you were the player most likely to be scum, even with a pretty weak case back then (which still isn't very strong since you haven't been acting bad since the start of the game). And I still have a bad feeling. Maybe its the over eagerness to bicker with IAI.

I've realized quoting stuff makes your posts look important. ;)
Rereading dryfit / red coyote
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:26 am

Post by mongoose »

oops, the rest of my post didn't show up.
Furcolow wrote:
mongoose wrote:jason's thing about the cop seems kinda pointless. People make mistake and I dont think the fact that he didn't read the set up makes him scum. TBH I forgot the game had no PR's as well.

looking at furcolows last 4 posts he says he thinks we should hurry up and lynch someone, but doesn't say anything contributive as for WHO to lynch. then he gives a vote without information. I don't like that at all.

nothing else really jumped out at me

unvote, vote furcolow
AS TOWN:
1) too much discussion can ruin the game and our lynch
2) Dry-Fit's FoS on me (with me as town) is an expert attempt to try to get me framed...
a. consider he already has a wagon on him
b. consider i am a very easy mislynch
c. consider that i thought there might be roleblockers and medics and shit... i'm obviously a townie
3) You're voting me for wanting to quicklynch, then voting quickly? I'm flip-flopping here? I don't think so!

Dry-Fit is a good lynch. I wouldn't mind us quicklynching him.
I'm gonna read through dryfit's posts after I'm done looking through.
Mina wrote: I still need to check his other games, but I've lost my will to continue this wagon after that wide-eyed response from mongoose. It would be like shooting Bambi.

UNVOTE: mongoose
bambi eh? I can live with that.

After all the redcoyote posts i'm gonna reread that one too, though ididn't see much as I went through the thread.

I wasn't too big on the initial case on Jason, since I had made the same mistake in forgetting the roles. However, his over reaction on benmage's post along with that and his slight over reaction makes me feel slightly bad about him. Not enough to warrant a vote though, especially with a rather questionable wagon forming.

redcoyote: I caught his claim but it was a joke, since he had admitted to lying a few posts later. All of that happened while I was asleep iirc. I didn't think too much of it until the whole Jason thin evolved which was a rather stupid case. He made a mistake. I can see why he kept the vote on after he admitted to joking. After finding out is was a vanilla game he took it off. Unvoting was a possibility, but he had a case and maybe a bit of regret in his vote. I excuse that.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:43 am

Post by mongoose »

First off, I realized there's a bit of contradiction with benmage's first quoted comment and my final response to that quote. Yeah, it does direct us away from scum hunting, and while it doesn't help too much I dont think it was too bad. Compared to some other filler posts at the start of the game, it definitely was more helpful.

I dont see anything wrong with dryfit to be honest. I think everything he has said can be justified. On the other hand, redcoyote's posts aren't really that great. There is alot of irrelevant and silly stuff, along with some questionable points (like his votes on sotty and nikanor, I didn't quite catch the reason for those). However there has been alot of stuff I think is townie behavior as well. While I think that the judgment of older, better players than me shouldn't be disregarded, i still think that the case on furcolow is stronger, so I keep my vote there
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by mongoose »

I am going to have to request a replacement.
I barely have any access to a computer with my charger gone and midterms coming up next week. After that i wont have any comp access for a whole week due to being out of town. I doubt the game will finish by then. sorry everyone
Go Hawkeyes!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”