Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Pineapple »

Hi, I'm Pineapple.
@Crab Canon:
The game hasn't started yet, plus I agree with Mr. Smith and Bowser. It's more fun that way.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Pineapple »

at this point i agree with my other head. more fun not to know.

additionally: if players are good town players, they will likely be playing a solid protown game anyway even as a hydra and thus would draw an nk regardless.

even so i dont really see the problem in revealing heads, particularly under pressure(as in L-1). it would be akin to name/role claiming in a regular themed game i'd expect.
Mr Smith wrote: My stance on meta: It can be used to find townies from a town point of view, but it does not work for finding scum, which is the most important part of town play. Town play tends to be less predictable and so specific things from a player's town meta can be noticed and used as towntells. Howeverm scum metas are far less diverse and using meta to find scum doesn't really do anything except distract from actual scumhunting.
and i agree with this.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Pineapple »

Mr Smith wrote:So Professor Paradox somehow includes Fate even though he's not in this game. Nice to know.
Exactly what I thought. I even checked the player list to make sure Fate isn't here. And I won't vote/FoS until game start, and I second Mr. Smith's request that bv311 please change his avatar. OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Pineapple »

the tasty yellow fruit is /confirm.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Pineapple »

1. Your hydra name/pair (If you so wish)
Pineapple

2. Lynch all Liars/Lynch all Lurkers?
Sometimes town can lie to the benefit of the town, but scum tend to get more benefit from a lie. Lurking can be due to a multitude of reasons, not all game related, so it alone doesnt make for a good scum tell.

3. Do you think meta will help in this game?
Not really. Remember: The heads of each hydra will likely change their playstyle to make the co-op possible.

4. If you had to lynch one person right now who would it be, why?
bv311 for the confusing avatars

5. Timezone/how active each of you expect to be.
UTC -8 and +2. activity varies due to school and work.

6. Your favorite role?
One shot vig, role cop, and death vig

Additional question for whoever wants to answer: RVS or RQS?
RQS helps town gain info while scum can manipulate the RVS. On the flip side, scum manipulating RVS can result in catching scum and the information gained from RQS is usually only related to playstyle and meta and has little bearing on who is scum and who isn't

This message brought to you by the twin-mind of the tasty yellow fruit.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Pineapple »

MasterSpy wrote: 4. I have a number of suspicions but I would place Pineapple at the head of my list.
any particular reasons why?
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Pineapple »

Crab Canon wrote:@ Pineapple - Do you feel that you need others to create cases before you can get into a game and begin commenting?
no. it helps, but no it's not necessary.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Pineapple »

Crab Canon wrote:lmao

Had I known it was you myk, I wouldn't have even bothered to argue since you always trip up on alt accounts. You may as well give up the tough guy style while you're at it since I know that's not really how you play normally anyway. :D

@Pineapple - If it's not necessary for you to scumhunt, then how is this even relevant:
Pineapple wrote:1. Because all this discussion on meta/revealing heads and stuff is all just theory based stuff with little or no actual scum hunting. there's been only a few posts made so far that include an actual attempt at scum hunting and they've been drowned out in my mind by all the meta discussion.
Seems like you're simply making excuses if it's not relevant.
you misunderstand. we do need to scum hunt.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Pineapple »

FourTigers wrote:Few questions here from me. Do not want to vote before I talk about it with my other self since I havent talked to him since about page two when our account was not activated. Guess who my scum reads are though from the following.
Pineapple wrote:Additional question for whoever wants to answer: RVS or RQS?
RQS helps town gain info while scum can manipulate the RVS. On the flip side, scum manipulating RVS can result in catching scum and the information gained from RQS is usually only related to playstyle and meta and has little bearing on who is scum and who isn't
So what is your final thought here? You comment on both being good for town, then both being bad for town, and then procede to do neither. What is your thought as to which is better instead of why they both can benifit us? Also why have you avoided doing either?

One of us thinks the RVS is better, the other thinks that RQS is better. And since my other head doesnt seem to be very active, we didnt really get much chance to discuss it. I personally prefer RVS though. However, the game is beyond that point.

Thoughts on anything as well? The extent of you doing pushing on any individual was asking bv to change his avatar, which actually puts you on the same level, if not worse due to your activity, as he is for actually bothering to contribute. You say that there have been attempts to scumhunt being drowned by meta arguements, yet I see no attempt from you to do anything to stop this, or to push scumhunting above meta apart from a single post complaining about it.

Chimaira's vote is weak. PP's RVS vote/unvote as well as head fakeclaim comes off as anti-town play. still dont like bv311's play. Faranor's vote on Mr. Smith is weak as well. everyone else i have either a slight town read or is null.

What do you think of the votes on Bowser? TAJ? IC?
Bowser vote was expected from Mr. Smith. Not the best place for a vote imo though. TaJ vote is weak. don't have a problem with the IC vote right now.

Pine wrote:even so i dont really see the problem in revealing heads, particularly under pressure(as in L-1). it would be akin to name/role claiming in a regular themed game i'd expect.
What does this have to do with the price of beans? You made an arguement that meta will be useless in this game, yet you are also saying that meta should come into play at L-1 for some reason or another. What would nameclaim mean to you at L-1? Would it make you change your mind due to a VI? Would it make you confirm that someone is scum since they are a decent player? Would their meta come into play then?

i personally am not a huge fan of using meta. i have, but i dont like too. people can easily change the way they are playing a game for a variety of reasons, not necessarily because they are scum. however, i do recognize that other people are able to use meta to help. however, a person's play in the game is imo a far more important piece of info then any meta on them.

~Furry
answer's in bold.

with that in mind... VOTE: Professor Paradox i look forward to the results of his reread.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Pineapple »

EBWOP:

VOTE: Professor Paradox

(making sure mod sees it and counts it)
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Pineapple »

TomAndJerry wrote:
Pineapple (168) wrote:One of us thinks the RVS is better, the other thinks that RQS is better. And since my other head doesnt seem to be very active, we didnt really get much chance to discuss it. I personally prefer RVS though. However, the game is beyond that point.
Not going to fly, first off both you and your partner who you claim is not very active was here for the two of you to collaborate on your RQS answers which is odd in itself.

we each made one post in the QT answering the questions and i threw them together to make the post. since then he has made only one post in the QT which was him agreeing with my thoughts on the useless meta discussion. he hasnt said anything since, even though i've given my thoughts on scum and such

Second it doesn't make sense for you as an individual not to scum hunt because you've posted multiple times in first person (I).
i never said that i'm not scum hunting.

In post #168 you spent some effort commenting towards FourTigers however you did not display the same effort for your vote. Why the lack of explanation?

PP's "RVS" vote/unvote was anti-town because it was fairly obvious from the post that he was aware of what had been going on in the thread, but chose to ignore it. the head fakeclaim is just a plain bad move. also, in addition he is fence-sitting after his reread. and he posted acknowledging that name-claiming is beneficial to the town(in his eyes) yet refuses to do so anyway. he has done nothing so far to attempt to dissuade my belief that he is acting in a way against the town.

~Tom
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Pineapple »

Hi, the inactive head (from now on and until I'm outed "Apple") is back. Stupid notification system, and stupid me.
FourTigers wrote:Also why have you avoided doing either?
The game hadn't started yet.
Faranor wrote:I prefer Lynch all Policy Lynchers.
So why don't you vote yourself? Or realize the contradiction and retreat the statement?
TomAndJerry wrote:Second it doesn't make sense for you as an individual not to scum hunt because you've posted multiple times in first person (I).
We had agreed that we'd post in singular, ignoring that we're a hydra. But since Narsis has dropped this posting style, I'll do the same.
Professor Paradox wrote:The last line of one of you're earlier posts where you said you had no reads or something, I'll go find it.
One head might've had no reads while the other had. Also, reads change over time. This post is telling a valid statement a contradiction. —Apple
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Pineapple »

Professor Paradox wrote:Picking that Fara line out of everything is really wierd.
I just commented on random stuff I saw while catching up. If you want me to comment on anything specific, just tell me.
@bv310:
Please post a vote count. —Apple
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Pineapple »

Crab Canon wrote:On a related note, this was completely ignored:
Crab Canon wrote:
Pineapple wrote:you misunderstand. we do need to scum hunt.
:? I realize we need to scumhunt. My point is that you were making excuses about why you couldn't scumhunt yet by saying that other people needed to first. Then I asked if this was a prerequisite to your scumhunting and you said no. I don't understand why you needed other people to scum hunt first then. You said that the meta discussion was getting in the way of your scumhunting, why is that?
sorry we missed that.

the meta discussion clutters up the thread and makes it more difficult to follow the actual scumhunting. it's not an excuse for us to not scum hunt, we still should, but it doesnt help us scum hunt either.
MasterSpy wrote:
Pineapple wrote:you misunderstand. we do need to scum hunt.
Then why are you instead playing a very passive, reactionary game?
there really isnt an excuse for it. i just do. although having my partner back should help. —Narsis
Except playing a "very passive, reactionary game" is part of my meta, too. But we'll try to scumhunt more from now on. —Apple
Faranor wrote:
UNVOTE VOTE PINEAPPLE
care to explain?
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Pineapple »

Mr Smith wrote:Don't try to be clever. You aren't clever.
Are you saying that my logic is wrong, or that I should have worded it differently, or…? —Apple
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Pineapple »

/me has been prodded.

@ mod: if my partner doesnt respond to the prod may i ask to get a replacement for him?

i'll do a bit of a catch-up read and make another post with some comments.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #292 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Pineapple »

Pineapple wrote:/me has been prodded.

@ mod: if my partner doesnt respond to the prod may i ask to get a replacement for him?

i'll do a bit of a catch-up read and make another post with some comments.
EBWOP:

~ Narsis
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Pineapple »

ok catch-up from the weekend is done:

first, i agree with MasterSpy that PP(Elli) is getting off too easily. at best his play is null. perhaps his play doesnt seem to benefit scum etc. but it hasnt benefited town either, or at least it wasn't meant as a pro-town action. his posts on this page(12) have only furthered my dislike of him.

second, @ Smith: why the vote switch back to PP? OMGUS?

third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

fourth, @ FourTigers: you expressed a desire to lynch bv311 earlier, and have again mentioned that you will vote him closer to deadline. so what is preventing you from voting him/joining the bandwagon now?

fifth, i noticed a few questions pointed in my partners direction. i wont be answering for him. (just in case you are wondering if i missed those questions)

~ Narsis
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Pineapple »

IceCream wrote:
Icecream wrote:
Pineapple wrote:I just commented on random stuff I saw while catching up. If you want me to comment on anything specific, just tell me.
@bv310: Please post a vote count. —Apple
Who do you think is scum? Do you have any opinion other than just defending yourself?
This has yet to be answered. I am disappoint.
that question was directed towards my partner who is replacing out at the moment. so it likely will go unanswered.

i am also willing to hammer bv311 if needed, but only after a claim.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by Pineapple »

EBWOP: ~Narsis
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 am

Post by Pineapple »

AKnottedRope wrote:
Pineapple wrote:that question was directed towards my partner who is replacing out at the moment. so it likely will go unanswered.
You and your partner didn't discuss it in your QT?

~Cream
nope.
Faranor wrote:
Pineapple wrote:
IceCream wrote:
Icecream wrote:
Pineapple wrote:I just commented on random stuff I saw while catching up. If you want me to comment on anything specific, just tell me.
Who do you think is scum? Do you have any opinion other than just defending yourself?
that question was directed towards my partner who is replacing out at the moment. so it likely will go unanswered.

So your partner never mentioned any scum reads in the quicktopic, at all is what you're telling me.
besides agreeing with my PP vote way back when, you are correct.

@Troll: i believe i did ask for him to claim...although perhaps a bit indirectly. and yes i have every intent to hammer him at this point in time.

@ bv310: yes you are looking for replacements, but even under a BaM ruleset i'm not sure you could modkill anyone(except maybe Bowser) so far as that would punish the partners who are actively playing.

~Narsis
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Pineapple »

Crab Canon wrote:
Pineapple wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.
lol, you seriously think it's related to troll. This post to me looks like Pineapple hedging his bets on his buddy getting run up out of nowhere. The reason I voted bv311 was because he was doing nothing and I wanted a read on him. His intent to continue to do nothing shows me that he stands at least a decent chance of being scum and would be a great lynch today. You saying 'oh well, I'd vote him but I'm not going to' screams scum buddy. If he flips scum, you may as well kill us tonight because I'm going to want you dead tomorrow.
no i didnt seriously think it was related to troll. but thought i'd ask anyway.

also interesting to note that this post looks like you planning on running me up to a lynch tomorrow regardless of what i do. good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont.

also i never said that i'd vote him but i'm not going to. i said i'd vote him but wanted a claim from him first.

and he just claimed. VT.

good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont in your eyes. if i hammer him here and he flips VT, then you are all over me for being an obvscum hammer. if i hammer here and he flips scum, then you are all over me for bussing my partner that is an inevitable lynch. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips scum, i look like i was trying to avoid hammering my partner. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips town, i look like i was scum trying to avoid a townie lynch.

but anyway a VT claim isn't reason enough to not hammer him. he hasn't been contributing and has been actively lurking.

Unvote

VOTE: bv311
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Pineapple »

Faranor wrote:HEY IT'S OKAY I GET THE JOKE. I don't think I need 3 guesses, but I'll use them anyway.

Vezokpiraka? Furcolow? Mina? has to be one of those.

In cool news
Vote Pineapple
can i ask for some reasoning behind the vote?
Chimaira wrote:@Pineapple, your hammer post seems to be awfully concerned about how people will perceive you to me. Would you say that's a fair observation? I'm also curious how you justify the sentiment that you shouldn't have to share your thoughts on who's scummy just because your other head was asked about it (from Post 326.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
yeah that's a fair observation.

and it's because that question was directed specifically to my partner not to the hydra. that doesn't mean i dont share what my thoughts are. it just means that you arent going to find out what his thoughts were.
TomAndJerry wrote: #340: Did I mention here that Pineapple has said nothing Bowser? Yeah? Let's see here, Pineapple has explained that and his partner discuss things in their qt which in isn't bad. But, I can't believe they've neglected to mention Bowser at all considering he's one of the top candidates for scum.
+Bowser/Pineapple

#347 (Pineapple): Such as a scummy post. What's more is the catch-22 scenario you've got there isn't necessarily true IMO. Then you stretch the whole entire scenario to make it look like you're a poor defenseless victim. Then you snip in a bit of WIFOM PLUS you ignored something I directed towards you which I consider pretty important. I really dislike how you attack bv for active lurking but not Bowser.
first, what's so wrong with not mentioning Bowser very much in my posts? he hasn't posted much of anything this game, and just cause you think he's one of the top suspects doesn't mean i do. at worst he was active lurking like bv311, but i also find it quite likely that RL has been a problem for them which would explain their lack of posting.

second, i was a bit ticked off at getting put into a similar situation in two different games. what's ironic is your response to the post is essentially what i said it would be. (or at least expected it to be)
Chimaira wrote:
Pineapple Post 294 wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

fourth, @ FourTigers: you expressed a desire to lynch bv311 earlier, and have again mentioned that you will vote him closer to deadline. so what is preventing you from voting him/joining the bandwagon now?
This quote here looks very much like you are speaking out both sides of your mouth. First off, you question the bv wagon saying it came up out of the blue, never really commenting if he was scummy or not. Then you link the wagon to troll's post even though you didn't really believe that was the case. What was the point of asking this then?

It sounds like you were against this wagon for it's suddenness. But then you go on to ask FourTigers when they hadn't joined the supposed “questionable” bv wagon. The tone of this question feels like you are trying to pressure FourTigers into joining, why?

I don't like you sitting so firmly on the fence with this post at all.

Your next mention of bv is here, where you state willingness to hammer. Wait, what? You had only given very vague feelings surrounding the bv wagon but now you are ready to drop the hammer. Why?

I agree with Troll that your hammer post is very concerned in how people would perceive you instead of focusing on what was important; if bv was likely scum or not. However, I don't agree with your assement in that post that Crab Cannon was frocing you into a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation. They said if bv flipped scum they were looking your way for a buddy. That seems pretty clear cut to me. You seem
way
too willing to dump the blame for your hammer right into their lap. Scummy.

You were very tentative around the bv wagon, seemingly preferring PP but making no effort to push that hydra in any way. There was no real drive to your posts as I look them over again and it looks like you were just happy to settle for a lynch. You really need to swing.

Vote: Pineapple

~Sotty.
i wasn't questioning the wagon so much as i was questioning CC's motives for the wagon or FT's motives for not joining a wagon that he expressed desire to join. i had nothing against the wagon itself.

as for not pushing PP harder...it's a bit hard to do that when almost everyone is giving him a free pass for his actions.

~Narsis
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Pineapple »

Faranor wrote:
Pineapple wrote:
Faranor wrote:HEY IT'S OKAY I GET THE JOKE. I don't think I need 3 guesses, but I'll use them anyway.

Vezokpiraka? Furcolow? Mina? has to be one of those.

In cool news
Vote Pineapple
can i ask for some reasoning behind the vote?
It kinda looks like you just did ask, doesn't it. You're scum. HOW'S THAT FOR REASONING?
VOTE: Faranor

why?

YOU'RE SCUM!!!!1!11!!!!!1

(and in case you people missed it i'm making a point)

ok now on to something more substantial...
Faranor wrote:Looking at the wagon from yesterday, I'll say that Masterspy and 1-2 of {IceCream, Pineapple} are scum on the bv wagon, and that 0-1 of {PP} was scum off the wagon.
Faraday seems to be of the opinion that Pineapple is obvscum though, and I think that Pineapple is scummy too (not as scummy as MS, buttttt), so I like our vote.

@Tom: We got our shit together when Faraday came back from V/LA. I thought it was going to be amazing but since we're both gut players who rarely back up their suspicions with anything concrete it's really hard to get a discussion going. Basically we now know where the other stands on every player.
you say that Masterspy has a 100% chance of being scum, but me and IceCream a 50% chance each. so why is your vote on me and not MS who you appear to suspect more?

(actually rereading this over i think i can see why, but the questions still stands)
Chimaira wrote:You went out of your way not to comment on it but were willing to hammer, why? It doesn't add up
maybe because i didnt go out of my way not to comment on it.
Why do you care so much what other players think? If you think PP is scum
push
them! Make cases on them, ask them questions... You know, scum hunt. I didn't see any of that from you yesterday and that's a big part of the reason why our vote is on you today.

What do you think of PP today? Who's scum?

~Sotty
the more i think about PP and my growing dislike of Mr. Smith, the more i'm realizing that my dislike comes from a VIish read on them. scum have a reason to act like a VI so my brain kinda slotted them in there. except by definition a VI is a town player that acts against his/her wincon.

in other words: i still dont like their play, but I find them less likely to be scum then before.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by Pineapple »

Hey sorry i haven't responded yet. RL's been busy and i've got a new partner that is catching up. i'll go through and respond to what i can/see.

Yeah, I edited your spelling. What of it?
~bv
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by Pineapple »

TomAndJerry wrote:
Pineapple wrote:first, what's so wrong with not mentioning Bowser very much in my posts? he hasn't posted much of anything this game, and just cause you think he's one of the top suspects doesn't mean i do. at worst he was active lurking like bv311, but i also find it quite likely that RL has been a problem for them which would explain their lack of posting.
It's weird. When I say he's one of the biggest suspects I mean in this game in general. He's one of the most controversial players here so it makes no sense for you to neglect them unless you weren't scum hunting.
i'm "neglecting" them cause there really isn't much of anything to say about them, at least imo.
Chimaira wrote:@Pineapple, if you're now getting VI reads on your other scum suspects who's at the top of your list other than Faranor?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
well although MasterSpy has been posting, i get the feeling that he hasn't really been scumhunting. and IceCream seems to be sliding along under the radar.
Chimaira wrote:Apologies for not posting much recently, I haven't been feeling very well.
Pineapple Post 386 wrote:maybe because i didnt go out of my way not to comment on it.
Really now?
Pineapple Post 294 wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

Pineapple Post 326 wrote:
IceCream wrote:
Icecream wrote:

Pineapple Post 334 wrote:@Troll: i believe i did ask for him to claim...although perhaps a bit indirectly. and yes i have every intent to hammer him at this point in time.
Pineapple Post 374 wrote:
Crab Canon wrote:
Pineapple wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.
lol, you seriously think it's related to troll. This post to me looks like Pineapple hedging his bets on his buddy getting run up out of nowhere. The reason I voted bv311 was because he was doing nothing and I wanted a read on him. His intent to continue to do nothing shows me that he stands at least a decent chance of being scum and would be a great lynch today. You saying 'oh well, I'd vote him but I'm not going to' screams scum buddy. If he flips scum, you may as well kill us tonight because I'm going to want you dead tomorrow.
no i didnt seriously think it was related to troll. but thought i'd ask anyway.

also interesting to note that this post looks like you planning on running me up to a lynch tomorrow regardless of what i do. good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont.

also i never said that i'd vote him but i'm not going to. i said i'd vote him but wanted a claim from him first.

and he just claimed. VT.

good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont in your eyes. if i hammer him here and he flips VT, then you are all over me for being an obvscum hammer. if i hammer here and he flips scum, then you are all over me for bussing my partner that is an inevitable lynch. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips scum, i look like i was trying to avoid hammering my partner. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips town, i look like i was scum trying to avoid a townie lynch.

but anyway a VT claim isn't reason enough to not hammer him. he hasn't been contributing and has been actively lurking.

Unvote

VOTE: bv311
These four quotes are your only comments on the bv wagon. You take no firm stance on him, slightly defending him while pushing his wagon in the first. A statement to hammer in the second, asking for a claim in the third and then of course the ridiculous hammer post.

I want to know why you were willing to hammer, I want to know why you gave up pushing your supposed scum reads to turn on bv. You clearly avoided taking any position on bv all the while setting yourself up to pass the buck when you hammered him. Your deflections of this point make me more and more convinced you are scum.

~Sotty
i wasn't defending him so much as i was wondering why CC was voting him/pushing the wagon. i also said in that quote that i wasn't against lynching him and didn't like his play.

why i was willing to hammer: he was active lurking, and not scum hunting. there was nothing in his play that merited not lynching him.
Crab Canon wrote:First of all, Smith's vote on Faranor is odd and needs some explanation. I think Faranor look relatively town, so I don't get it and I certainly don't find it acceptable to just be placed there without another word explaining it.
Pineapple wrote:second, i was a bit ticked off at getting put into a similar situation in two different games. what's ironic is your response to the post is essentially what i said it would be. (or at least expected it to be)
You essentially extrapolated every single scenario possible and claimed I would call you scum no matter what you did. I think TnJ is correct in saying that this has almost no basis in reality. You were timidly heading toward the wagon, which I didn't like and pointed out. I don't see how this translates into me creating a catch-22 for you.
let's see if i can enlighten you with what was going through my mind:

1) in another game i had been getting a lot of flak and it was based(at least imo) not on scum hunting but on reading too much into my play/speculation
2) CC makes a post that was extremely reminiscent of the tone/logic the player in the other game had been using
3) i take out my frustration from both situations out on you in the hammer post
Pineapple wrote:i wasn't questioning the wagon so much as i was questioning CC's motives for the wagon or FT's motives for not joining a wagon that he expressed desire to join. i had nothing against the wagon itself.
If you "had nothing against the wagon" then what does it matter why I started it or people joined? If you found him scummy, you shouldn't care who lynches him. I don't see why you keep trying to play both sides of the argument here. You either wanted him lynched or you didn't.
why shouldn't i care who lynches him if i think he is scum?

and i did want him lynched.
Pineapple wrote:you say that Masterspy has a 100% chance of being scum, but me and IceCream a 50% chance each. so why is your vote on me and not MS who you appear to suspect more?

(actually rereading this over i think i can see why, but the questions still stands)
:? This is just weird. I think you raise a valid point if Faranor said that...so why are you saying that you understand why he is voting you? If you're town and the leading wagon, why are you encouraging people to keep their votes on you? Do not like. Especially since you take such an aggressive tone with Chimaira and myself.
what i realized was it could have been the two different heads contradicting each other in thread, which is what it ended up being. it's not that i understand why he is voting me, but rather i understand why the votes on me over MS. (both heads think i'm scum but one thinks MS has a greater chance of being scum)

as for claiming...i think i'll hold off on that until there's someone obviously wanting to hammer.

also i can't remember if i did this or not but:

Unvote

i was making the point that voting for someone with the reason of: He's scum. is a poor and scummy reason to vote. if you have a vote on a player, it's almost always cause you think they are scum, or because you want them to think that you think they are scum(pressure votes and the like). so that is in no way a reason in and of itself for a vote.

lastly, i apologize for the lack of scumhunting in this post. when my new head catches up and we go over our thoughts some we'll get some in.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Pineapple »

Hey everybody, I just replaced into this game. I will be reading an commenting shortly.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:55 am

Post by Pineapple »

Chimaira wrote:@Pineapple, I'm not sure which of you just replaced into the game but we've gone well beyond whatever limits commenting shortly might entail. With the unvote for Faranor I guess we're supposed to think that your top suspects were IceCream and MasterSpy. It'd be much better if I weren't trying to guess that but, instead, actually knew what you were thinking suspect-wise because you had a vote down. Let's change that, shall we?
actually my biggest suspect is Faranor. i unvoted to give my partners replacement a chance to catch up and share his thoughts in the QT before we actually put a vote down, except he has replaced out...and his replacement is replacing out(to the best of my knowledge).

VOTE: Faranor

also i'll echo Zorblag's thoughts about a catch up post being needed kinda now TnJ.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by Pineapple »

Hai guys, I'm the lastest head of Pineapple. Hopefully I'll last longer than the last few.

So I'll read the thread, confer with the senior head, and post inside the next 24 hours (probably).
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Pineapple »

After reading the majority of the thread, I disagree with the other head's vote on Faranor.

I think that Bowser, whom lacks real content (cruise mod, engaged), and Prof. Paradox should both swing beforehand. So I'll discuss more in our QT, and see about putting a collaborative case together.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Pineapple »

On P.Paradox: His iso is more full of empty promise than actual posts.

Seriously. One liners, a vote without reason, promise to catch up, "okay I lied" promise to catch up, response to prod...

How is he still alive?

Unvote, Vote: Prof. Paradox

On Bowser: Very few posts, with little content. More active lurking than anything concrete.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Pineapple »

Pineapple is town.

Waiting for another post from my partner and then I guess is what will probably be our last words...
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Pineapple »

EBWOP: Pineapple is a regular townie.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #553 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Pineapple »

getting close to deadline...

anyway my partner didnt show up overnight but here's some of my and his latest thoughts on things:

for reference a list of our reads:

Town

Chimira
Masterspy
Crab Canon
Tom and Jerry

Null/scummy/hating their play

Faranor
Bowser

Mr. Smith

Ice Cream
Professor Paradox

vote count fun:

Pineapple (L-1): Faranor, Chimaira, Bowser, TomAndJerry, Crab Canon
IceCream (L-4): Professor Paradox, Mr. Smith
Professor Paradox (L-4): MasterSpy, Pineapple
Mr. Smith (L-5): IceCream

bv311: 7: Crab Canon, Chimaira, FourTigers, MasterSpy, Mr Smith, IceCream, Pineapple
Bowser: 2: bv311, TomAndJerry
Professor Paradox: 1: Pineapple
Pineapple: 1: Faranor
Mr Smith: 1: Professor Paradox

CC and Chimaira are on both lynches...

also, ignoring us there are 9 people alive...and guess what: 8 of those 9 show up between the two lynches. meaning there is scum somewhere on one of the lynches.

which means if you think the bv311 lynch didn't have scum on it(or even only one scum) then there is scum on our wagon. it also applies vice versa.

something else to think about:

if we are scum? who would fit as a partner?
if/when we flip town, then who do you think is scum?

i also was looking over who people think is town/scum/neutral(based on what i could find in thread). some things i noticed:

Mr. Smith shows up on almost everyone's scum list.
Ice Cream only shows up on Faranor's town list.
TnJ and CC are the only two people that posted a full list of their town/scum reads.
Faranor's stated reads are almost an exact opposite of ours. He also is the only person to put PP on his town reads. He is one of two that put Bowser as town(PP is the other), and one of two that put Smith as town(Chimaira is the other). All three of these people show up on at least 3 scum lists.
Chimaira shows up on no scum lists. MS only shows up on one scum list(Faranor). CC only shows up on two(Mr. Smith and IC).

Now obviously reads are going to change and due to the nature of hydras there may be some conflicting reads, but it's useful as a reference point later down the road.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #555 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Pineapple »

i'm not planning on self-hammering. a no lynch is better then a mislynch.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Pineapple »

EBWOP:

also the players in this game have been fairly active. not super great, but I believe everyone has posted within 24 hours, and at the very least within the last 48. if enough people can't get together with this kind of activity and agree on a lynch...then what does that say about the leading wagon?

PEDIT: we dont have no information though. we still have the wagon, regardless of whether i flip or not. you are also assuming that no one's scum/town reads are going to change by much tomorrow.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Pineapple »

Crab Canon wrote:I'm here for the record and would vote for people on my poo poo list before deadline if there is enough for a lynch. I agree that Pineapple is definitely acting like dying town and not dying scum. Who is in that hydra currently?
me(Narsis) and Chronopie(who only replaced in a couple days ago)
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Pineapple »

i hope town can pull a win outta this one. tomorrow is probably LYLO unless something surprising happens.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Pineapple »

Crab Canon wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Pineapple

Just in case the mod actually meant to not count my last vote. Best to make sure it goes through.
your vote was on me as of the latest vote count. PP's was the hammer.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Pineapple »

MasterSpy wrote:Current guess for a scumteam: PP-Bowser-Chimaira? (unfortunately, I have almost no read on IC and T&J, so either would probably fit in as well.)
what is that based on though? are there any particular connections between them? or do you have individual scum reads on each of them?
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Pineapple »

also worth mentioning that although i have both IC and PP as scum...i dont have a feeling that they are both scum.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #585 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Pineapple »

in other words i think one is scum...but at the moment dont really see them on a team.
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #588 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Pineapple »

O.o i thought you replaced out Fenhl
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Pineapple »

MasterSpy wrote:Oh, and on a fluffier note...LOL at Pineapple's appropriate avatar change.
i didnt do it...and i've been logged in this whole time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”