SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:10 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

/confirm

I'm scum, btw. Lynch me nao and I won't kill you tonight!

...wait, that came out wrong.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

sottyrulez wrote:More than likely.
That's interesting. Do elaborate.

Vote: Vi
because I didn't get a chance to do this last time. (Also because Vi really sucks, oh my god.)
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I agree with VP that sottyrulez's early statement was rather ambiguous, but I can see how it would be intended as a joke. I think both sides are overreacting to each other now. :P

'Sup, CKD. Since there's not really a point to trick-voting me at this stage, I'd appreciate knowing the reasons behind your vote.

@ Vi: Why can't I be in the Town Power Bloc? :cry:
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #64 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:26 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Equinox, nopoint. Get in here, stat!
sottyrulez wrote:And tbh, I think your reaction has more to do with the fact that the attack targeted you than any assessment of the rationality behind it.
I agree with this. Getting a little testy, VP? At least sottyrulez is attempting to see the other point of view.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

curiouskarmadog wrote:just getting the game started, you are not concerned with Vi's vote?..why?
Because Vi made the vote an obvious joke, and even stated it was such. You voted me and said it was "for real", which I find a bit jarring when juxtaposed with your explanation that you were merely "getting the game started". :P
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:11 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

EBWOP: Also, why the quick switch to nopoint?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Just to let you know, I'm not going to post anything here tonight, as my brain is utterly shot from writing a crapton of heavily-flavor Role PMs. I'll get stuff done tomorrow.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:26 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Hopefully short V/LA due to sickness.

Believe me, I hate this as much as you do.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:08 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Have flavor to write for my mafia game, but I should be able to catch up and respond to stuff after noon CST.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #156 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Guys, you do realize that the more walls of text you post, the longer it's going to take me to parse and digest them, and the longer it's going to take for me to actually post what I think about all of them, right? :P
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #168 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@CKD #73 & #74: The vote didn't contain anything that indicated to me that you were in jest. That's why I asked about it. As for the nopoint vote you made, I also didn't see any reasoning behind the vote, so I inquired to see if I could find any. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the "vote just to get the game going" philosophy, because the only way it actually moves the game forward is if people vote you for trying to throw up sham reasoning for false activity.

May remove this question if it was answered later, but why didn't you make some remark about VP vs SR?

@sottyrulez #76: What do you mean by "stirring the pot?" I was just trying to break up an overinflated argument that was consuming both you and VP so we could move on to more productive things.

@Equinox #79: What was the point in asking CKD why he included a joking disclaimer in a pregame vote for me, considering how events went the last time around? For that matter, why were you asking that question about a pregame joke vote in the first place?

Buddying arguments with no flips is lamesauce, btw. Considering you've already taken a cheap shot at CKD earlier in the post, it's also pinging my scumdar. Opportunism and all that.

Finally, you couldn't glean
anything
from what I'd posted? :P

@CKD #83: Firstly: I. Fucking. Hate. Premature. Claims. The only time
anyone
should ever claim, when they're town, is when they feel that their lynch is inevitable, and at the time a CKD definitely was not set in stone. Scumpoints to CKD on this one.

I find it interesting that Equinox's #93 has practically no scum reads in it. Even the bottom two on his list are there due to "lack of content". Why so many town reads this early in the game, Equinox? Combined with the bad reasoning for the CKD vote earlier on and my general agreement with the Equinox unvote in #90, I'm feeling very uncomfortable with Equinox at this point. *notes here that I have seen the Equinox counter that tone caused the CKD unvote, and that I'm skeptical of that explanation*

Alnara #97: Get the fuck out of this game, newb, go to the queue and wait your turn to play like everyone else. If you keep posting in this thread, I'll have to ask mith to ban you. :P

On a more serious note, I don't like your responses to either the Equinox unvote or the VP-SR reconciliation. Equinox because, well, your explanation failed to satisfy me, and VP-SR because I don't see how you could consider those two (three?) making up a bad thing. :P Mind clearing bedspace for my left eyeball?

I wholeheartedly agree with everything SR said in their #99. The one bad thing is that typically I don't like to knowingly lynch claimed VTs, but at the same time I can see the point SR makes about the power role distribution.

And...fuck, I need to use a quote here. :(
Alnara wrote:The argument that Equinox backed down after a claim is absolutely worthless for the following reasons.
*EQUINOX DIDN'T ASK FOR ONE. I've had a bit of a rush of pointing out obvious things these days and it's bringing me into the SCREAMING DEATH CLUB in spite of me actually hating that style of play, but THIS IS ON THE PAGE.
**Side note: Being at L-1 doesn't mean you need to claim immediately. With a player list like this, you should expect this to be common knowledge. With a player list like this you should be able to put people at L-1 and not have people do amazingly stupid things. Is this wishful thinking from me? Evidently, yes! a;sfjksdfklsdf
*If you believe a claim, you should unvote. Why stick with voting Town?
*Equinox didn't actually unvote right after the claim. She stuck with it for a post.
*Oh, so you actually have to
ask
for a claim in order to be backing down from it when you get one. Golly gee, such potent insight!
**I do fully agree with you here.
*This is a null point. Both town and scum can do this.
*Oh, so because it wasn't OMGSUPEROBVIOUS backing down it suddenly isn't backing down? Again, such potent insight!

Vi's SR vote is lamesauce.

Oh, boy...Vi-SR slapfight. (skips the next ten pages of walls)

I think, once you pierce through the insults, SR is in the better position here. Vi's arguments just don't gel with me, particularly the ones based around the bad vote for SR.

All right, we has drugs in this thread. :D
The Druglord wrote:And then this basically sounds in contradiction of always lynch VT in E7. You're either scumhunting or playing strategy. I'm happy to have support for my Equinox wagon, but I don't like your cognitive dissonance at all. You really need to pick a side of your own argument.
I'm warm to the Lynch-Claimed-VT idea as well, but why should I stop trying to scumhunt in case people don't agree with that proposition?
The Druglord wrote:grind my gears.
YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? IT'S WHEN PEOPLE POST MOUNTAINOUS WALLS OF TEXT ABOUT SOMETHING AND EXPECT OTHER PEOPLE TO NOT ONLY BE ABLE TO READ ALL THAT IN A TIMELY MANNER, BUT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO
UNDERSTAND
THAT INFORMATION. IT'S LIKE THEY NEVER LEARNED THE INFORMATION OVERLOAD PRINCIPLE AT SCHOOL, AND SOMETIMES THEY ACT LIKE THEY HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN OUT OF KINDERGARTEN! IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST STOP BUILDING GREAT WALLS OF CHINA, CONDENSE THEIR POSTS TO VALID POINTS, AND MAKE THEMSELVES
UNDERSTANDABLE
, THE WORLD WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER PLACE. YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE GRINDS MY GEARS? HYPOCRISY...
The Druglord wrote:This thread is getting a little incestuous
Really?
Damn, I missed out.
I hadn't noticed.

And...I need to take a break, here. Goddamn walls of text killing my brain and all that. I'll finish this later.

Also,
Vote: nopointinactingup
, since waiting on me before doing stuff is lamesauce.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #182 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@Vi: ...seriously? Did you even read the part where I said "I'm taking a break from making this post?" In other words,
the catch-up post is not yet complete.
So yeah, "fluff," my ass. You're not finding any direction because I haven't provided the
conclusion
yet. Seriously, you're way overreacting, first with your horrible (and the why will be explained in the conclusion) vote for SR, and now with your OMGUSy vote on me.

My nopoint vote was intended to convey my displeasure at nopoint not doing stuff because he's waiting on me. Considering that I had/have not firmly stated who my suspects are yet (because, as I said before, I wasn't finished yet), this looks like opportunism from you to try and make another point against me.

Finally, I would've complained about the size of the walls of text regardless of alignment. Hell, I'm not the only person who's
been
complaining about the walls of text in this game. You trying to twist this into a scum point against me reflects poorly on you. (And by the way, quoting two examples where something happened, in a forum with thousands of games, does not prove that the same thing is happening here.)

You want me to name a suspect? Very well. You're at the top.

Unvote: nopointinactingup. Vote: Vi.

The nopoint vote has (or should have) served it's purpose. Normally I like to wait until my catchup is finished before I vote, but Vi's #174, in conjunction with what I've already read, simply screams scum to me.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #198 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:22 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@ nopoint, VP, Vi: The point of the nopoint vote was to make him aware of my displeasure with his action, not to show lynch intent. Since I'm pretty sure nopoint would take note of a vote for him and the reasoning being it, I felt that simply making the vote was enough to do what I wanted, and that I didn't need to keep it on him should a better vote present itself. I thought the fact that I
hadn't
talked about nopoint in a scummy way prior to that would be a clue that I wasn't trying to lynch him, but I guess the dress code around here is uberliteralface. :P

Some comments about my Vi remarks from someone other than the accused would be appreciated. I very much prefer being told my case is stupid to having it be ignored entirely.

On another note, I'm afraid the catchup post and other things will need to wait a bit due to a heavy school workload.

LA over the next two days, as they're my busiest schoolwise.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:31 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@VP: Looking back, it probably isn't OMGUS, but I didn't know how else to describe it. Essentially, Vi has taken to the bad habit of overreacting to bad things people say about him, first with sottyrulez, and now me. When I posted the first part of my catchup post, Vi completely ignores the fact that the catchup is incomplete (even though half of his arguments are easily answered by realizing that my catchup was incomplete), misinterprets my nopoint vote completely (although, to be fair, it seems like everyone and their grandmother is doing that so I can't really hold it against him), and calls my complaints about the large amount of walls a scumtell. Honestly, is any of this actually decent reasoning?

Why do you think my Vi case sucks?

@SR: I find it funny that you looked at my catchup post, ignored the question I directed to you, and then reiterated the very issue that I had been inquiring about. Now please go back and answer the question about the "jab".

Seriously, people, what part of "I didn't vote nopoint to lynch him, I voted him to convey a message" did you
not
understand?
It was an issue I noticed in a skim read, and I wanted to provoke nopoint into posting content. I could
also
have said something like, "Nopoint, I don't like how you're refusing to do stuff until I say something, so cut it out," but I felt a vote would be more dramatic, and thus more likely to get a response from him (consider how I had to prod people to comment on my Vi case, and even at that all I've gotten so far is a lame "it sucks" response from VP, and compare the effects). I also thought it would've been
blatantly
obvious that, since I hadn't said anything before the vote about nopoint, good or bad, I wasn't voting to lynch him; apparently I was mistaken. :P

FoS: CKD

I've read enough to know that you've been chronically not posting content. Seriously, if you really mean to do it, at least post a catchup post in parts, like I'm doing. It's infinitely better than lurking around making campaign promises for November.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #241 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:28 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Answering a few recent questions posed before diving back into catchup mode:

@ Vi: No, I didn't say nopoint hadn't done
anything
prior to bringing my name up. When I skimmed, I saw he was waiting on me before reporting evaluations, so I voted him to show my displeasure of that stance. After reading things more in depth, however, I apparently misunderstood what nopoint actually meant to say; namely, that he was looking for scum teams, and needed my input to try and elucidate the read he had on Equinox/CKD (if I interpreted it correctly). While I personally disapprove of hunting for scumteams on Day 1 due to lack of flips, that's not nearly as bad as what I thought he was doing (withholding information when it wasn't necessary). In the end, I misunderstood what was really going on, and made a poor judgment call because of it. I still stand by my position that the vote was merely meant to convey a message, albeit a poorly-informed one.

Also, CKD spent the past few days (prior to my FoS) posting promises of content, yet not delivering. Why was it unreasonable for me to FoS him, given that I had no knowledge of the other games he was in at the time?
sottyrulez wrote:String the pot, fanning the flames... You know fueling the fire. It just didn't feel right. Thought it explained itself really.
How was I "fanning the flames"? By chiding VP for continuing a childish argument while you were trying to be reasonable about it? I was trying to get VP to be reasonable so the thread could move on from the VP-SR flame war.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #296 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:26 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Guys, I feel really bad about bringing this up now that one of us already had to replace out, but my rl schedule has massively increased in intensity, to the point where I'm having trouble keeping up with any of my games. I'll try to keep my head above the water for now, but if you'd rather have me replaced with someone who will be able to devote more time to this game, then I won't object.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #380 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:36 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ugh, I really didn't want to replace out, but real life left me with no time to concentrate on playing mafia, period. Sorry I didn't give you guys a better run for your money.

When I was able to focus and concentrate, I did enjoy the game. You guys were a blast (even amidst all the massive flame assaults and walls of text), and Jason modded well. Would love to play with any of you again when I can actually concentrate on what I'm doing and not be constantly trying to catch up.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #381 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:38 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Also, CKD was right. Karma really is a bitch. :P
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #389 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Vi wrote:SaintKerrigan, I respect that your life is busy, but considering at the time the mod got your replacement request you were essentially dead-halfZerg-walking anyway why did you stop the game until jason could basically find someone willing to pick up a guaranteed loss?
Because when I initially submitted the replacement request, I didn't realize it was night. The scumteam didn't have a chance in hell of winning with me still playing anyway due to said RL interference, so I felt replacing me with someone hopefully more active gave my team a better shot at winning. I did toy with the idea of NKing myself for a while, though, because after I skimmed I realized how deep I was in shit.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #401 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:01 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Vi wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:i gots to get myself a hydra.
All the cool kids are getting one. In fact, I have one and I'm not one of the cool kids :P
I'm honestly surprised that I've actually had two legitimate reasons to use it in the past two weeks tbh, but I'm grateful for it.
Since when have you not been one of the cool kids? :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”