mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:29 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Well, whatever. I won't have access to the internet for the rest of today and most of tomorrow. I'll likely be dead by the time I get back, whether I'm lynched of nightkilled.

Let it all be known that as you kill me, my final words shall be:

Roses are red, Violets are blue,
Go f*** yourself with a rake.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:29 am

Post by Seol »

Commodore Amazing wrote:
Seol wrote:
Commodore Amazing, emphasis added wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that
the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around
on the off chance that
he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall
If "we're wrong" about Nightfall, that means he's town. If mikeburnfire is town and Nightfall is town, that means you aren't - if you were town, then from your perspective the bolded situation would be impossible.
The path of action which you propose here only makes any sense whatsoever if you are scum
I am saying that from the perspective of the lynching committee, not from my perspective. You know that. You lying scumbag. No need to listen to Seol for the rest of the game.
YOU ARE PROPOSING A PATH OF ACTION WHICH ONLY MAKES SENSE IF YOU ARE SCUM. Yes, it makes sense from the lynching committee's perspective, but ONLY IN THE SITUATIONS IN WHICH YOU ARE SCUM. Why on earth would you use the "lynching committee's" perspective when deciding your vote instead of your own, which has the added information of
you knowing your role?

Either you are allowing for contingencies which
you know can't happen
when determining
your vote
(because you're more concerned about looking pro-town than actually being pro-town?) - in an appeal to get the lynching committee to follow you, as well (as none of them had voted yet) - or you forgot what the implications of considering they might both be pro-town was.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:31 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I do see it!!!!!

I was just about to paste Commodore's post - this one:
Commodore Amazing wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall.
and say how I didn't get why it was scummy, when I finally got it. I think there are actually 2 points. First is the very basic one that if Nightfall turned out to be innocent then there is no way that the committee would want to keep mikeburnfire alive. Secondly, I did the math. The basic assmption is that the lynching commitee are all pro-town. Then, if Nightfall and mikeburnfire are also pro-town - which is a the basis for this comment - then Commodore must be scum. Sorry I was being so dense.

BTW, I don't buy Commodore's "from the committee's perspective" argument. No one ever proposed a plan which assumed that they were scum.

Do you guys still want me to vote for mikeburnfire?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:32 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

The above post was typed immediately after my previous post, before I saw mike and Seol's recent posts.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:34 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

d8P wrote:I agree. Lynching mike is the way forward, vigging NF if he turns out innocent, CA if he's scum.

This also gives us the best chances for tomorrow. If Stewie has to kill tonight, he'll be conifirmed, but the scum are more likely to kill NF (unless they *know* he's naive for example) since Stewie will no longer be able to kill.
Forget my last question.

Vote: mikeburnfire
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:44 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I do see it!!!!!

I was just about to paste Commodore's post - this one:
Commodore Amazing wrote:vote: Nightfall. I'd vote for mikeburnfire since getting rid of the mafia roleblocker is better, but I know that the vig and the masons might want to keep mikeburnfire around on the off chance that he's town and that he'll save us if we're wrong about Nightfall.
and say how I didn't get why it was scummy, when I finally got it. I think there are actually 2 points. First is the very basic one that if Nightfall turned out to be innocent then there is no way that the committee would want to keep mikeburnfire alive. Secondly, I did the math. The basic assmption is that the lynching commitee are all pro-town. Then, if Nightfall and mikeburnfire are also pro-town - which is a the basis for this comment - then Commodore must be scum. Sorry I was being so dense.

BTW, I don't buy Commodore's "from the committee's perspective" argument. No one ever proposed a plan which assumed that they were scum.

Do you guys still want me to vote for mikeburnfire?
I give up. I was wrong about why you should want to vote for mikeburnfire or Nightfall or whatever I was talking about. Go ahead and vig me. I'm still pretty sure that Seol and Nightfall are scum. At least I got that one right.

I hereby use my townieness to endorse Mr Stoofer after I die. Please don't dismiss this when I'm dead with, "Yeah, CA felt that Seol and Nightfall were scum, but he's a freaking idiot."

New rule for the wiki: mistakes don't make someone a scum. Changing the bandwagon from your scum buddy to the doc day one makes you a scum.

Actually, I think that might already be on the wiki, something about how scum have a better idea of what's going on, so they don't make as many mistakes. I'd have to be a genius to make this many mistakes as mafia.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:46 am

Post by Falcone »

So Mike's lynched then. Let's hope we were right about this...

I'll say to Commodore that I know I won't be making the mistake to assume Seol is innocent if you come up scum, so if that's what you're trying to accomplish, it's not going to work.

Mike: Sorry if you really were pro-town, but I don't agree that lynching you was stupid. We can't let a potential mafia blocker alive, and by lynching you and vig-killing Nightfall if necessary, we guarantee that we're in the game tomorrow. That's the most important reason for your lynch, your scumminess is only second.

Oh, and a big thumbs upto d8P for going to such lengths to help me prove my innocence in case of his dead.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:57 am

Falcone wrote:Mike: Sorry if you really were pro-town, but I don't agree that lynching you was stupid. We can't let a potential mafia blocker alive, and by lynching you and vig-killing Nightfall if necessary, we guarantee that we're in the game tomorrow. That's the most important reason for your lynch, your scumminess is only second.
You should always lynch the player that's most likely to be scum. We're not sure that MBF is scum role-blocker; it could be that one of the other scum told him to claim that. I would have brought this up, except then you would have lynched me, and we would have lost.
Oh, and a big thumbs upto d8P for going to such lengths to help me prove my innocence in case of his dead.
I think we would have figured it out. Besides me, you were the only person that neither voted for a mason or was voted by a mason. And I'm pro-town, so I wouldn't have contradicted you.

Anyway, I hope Seol and Nightfall are next in line to get lynched. Stewie, if possible, I request to be killed by explosion. If you really don't like me, though, you can ask the mod to kill me with staples. That would probably hurt.

Good luck, town! Image
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:10 am

Post by vikingfan »

Vote Count:

mikeburnfire- 4 (d8P, Seol, Commodore Amazing, Mr. Stoofer)

Not voting (4): Falcone, mikeburnfire, Nightfall, Stewie

5 to lynch.

Unless I'm missing something, there is no lynch yet.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:18 am

Post by Falcone »

I'm sorry.

Vote: Mikeburnfire
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:22 am

Post by d8P »

Pity we haven't heard from Stewie since the proposal. I'd like to know for certain that he'll do it. Hope he gets here to confirm before vikingfan does.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:26 am

Post by vikingfan »

Vote Count:

mikeburnfire- 5 (d8P, Falcone, Seol, Commodore Amazing, Mr. Stoofer)

Not voting (3): mikeburnfire, Nightfall, Stewie

5 to lynch.

And it's a lynch. Lynch scene coming up.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:29 am

Post by vikingfan »

The players looked around, trying to guess who the scum might be, aware that the town might be getting close to losing the game. Knowing that, they decided to mass claim. mikeburnfire was promptly viewed with suspicion when he claimed roleblocker. The players surrounded and killed him. Afterward, they discovered that he was a roleblocker- but he was also mafia! Well done town!

mikeburnfire, mafia roleblocker, has been lynched. 72 hours for choices or when they all get in, whichever comes first!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:43 am

Post by vikingfan »

So everyone wakes up- expecting to find two bodies. No one is surprised to find the bodies- but one of the deaths is a complete surprise to everyone. To no one's surprise, Stewie, a one-shot vigilante, has been shot. However, before dying, he took out his frustrations upon Mr. Stoofer, who was a regular townie.

5 alive, 3 to lynch!
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:51 am

Post by Falcone »

OH MY GOD! Why oh why didn't Stewie follow the plan? And I know I'm not free of blame either, I should have waited for him to confirm before placing the final vote on Mike. I'm sorry for that.

Well, first things first. Nightfall, what do you have to tell us this morning?

Oh, and I'm sure I don't have to remind anyone that we're now really in lynch-or-lose and that we should be careful with our votes.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:42 am

Oh, wow. And I'll bet Seol and Nightfall were all prepared to launch an attack at Mr Stoofer today. This is awesome. Thanks for the endorsement, Stewie. I'll try not to let you down.

Lots of stuff I could say; let's laugh at Nightfall's "cop investigations" first.

I won't be online much over the weekend.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:02 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Well, truth be told I wasn't expecting this, so my result doesn't really help that much anymore. I actually veered from the plan too. I thought it would be beter if I was to check my sanity by investigating Falcone. Whom I got an innocent result from. I had thought that, If CA had been killed, and was scum, an innocent result on falcone would have shown that CA and Seol were scum. If I had got a scum result, then it would be Stoofer and CA as our scum. Finally if CA turned out not to be scum, and I got a guilty on Falcone, then that would meen that Stoofer and Seol were scum.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Commodore Amazing wrote: let's laugh at Nightfall's "cop investigations" first.
:shock: I get to make more then one? :)
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:25 pm

Post by Falcone »

Alright Nightfall, I have to admit that you did the right thing. Your plan was better than mine. The only problem is that since Stewie chose to not follow the plan, your investigation is now useless. I must say that I'm reasonably convinced that you're pro-town right now. And that of course implies that the scum still are the two I've been suspecting for a long time now: Commodore and Seol. I'd like to hear from Seol and especially d8P - we made a long analysis this night, but of course we failed to consider what would happen if Commodore somehow survived.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:26 pm

Post by Seol »

Well, to say I'm a little pissed at Stewie for deviating from the plan is putting it mildly. Commodore is clearly scum - we went through all of that yesterday - and Stewie
could
have taken him out. And Stoof was innocent? I wasn't expecting that.

That makes things really difficult now.

As for what Nightfall "did" last night, that's bullcrap. He's scum.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:41 pm

Post by d8P »

What on Earth? I think Stewie thought about this and came up with a different plan. It has to be foolproof, or he wouldn't have changed. How did he come up with the idea to vig kill Stoofer? I'm going to try and put myself in his shoes and come up with a very good reason for it.

NF (despite the actual result from last night) bravo. That plan would have been perfect, and I know I never could have come up with it if I were scum masquerading as a cop - only if I genuinely were a cop. If you're scum, you deserve to win for formulating that plan... and I'll push for your lynch day one in every game we play together from now on because it'll be safer that way.

I'm going to reread to see if I can find what Stewie was thinking, but I think Stewie's action is a blessing in disguise. I feel way more confident about lynching today. I think we can't really go wrong.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:53 am

Post by Falcone »

I think there are two main reasons why Stewie killed Mr Stoofer. The first one is that he thought there was a good chance that Stoofer was scum - see his post 370. The second and more important one is that Stewie must have trusted Nightfall, and wanted to kill Mr Stoofer to verify Nightfall's sanity. Remember that he was working on the assumption that Nightfall would investigate Seol. With an innocent investigation on a dead player, and whatever Night's result on Seol was, we would be able to figure out Night's sanity. And although he killed an innocent, I think Stewie's plan has worked. I must say I feel a little bit stupid that both pro-town players I was ordering around were able to come up with a better plan, and I apologize to Stewie if my first post of the day was disrespectful to him. To be fair, I was fairly certain that Commodore and Seol were the remaining scum, so it probably wouldn't have mattered. I'm ready to vote for one of those two whenever d8P says so.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:38 am

Post by d8P »

Hm. Well I can't say I agree with Stewie's tactics at all. The fact that NF has shown himself to be innocent wasn't a given.

Anyway, I suppose we can lynch CA first.
Vote Commodore Amazing
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:24 am

Post by Seol »

d8P wrote:Hm. Well I can't say I agree with Stewie's tactics at all. The fact that NF has shown himself to be innocent wasn't a given.

Anyway, I suppose we can lynch CA first.
Vote Commodore Amazing
"Has shown himself" to be innocent? How?
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:31 am

Post by Nightfall »

he said that I hadn't

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”