CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:16 am

Post by CSL »

Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 am

Post by RichardGHP »

No one is denying that CSL played horribly by self-hammering, but NO WAY does that warrant a site ban. A stern warning and a spot on some people's blacklists for a game or two would suffice.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Benmage »

I agree with LMP noone will fault you for trying and playing bad but you were so lackadaisical about this game it is depressing the bad game is a cop out
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:20 am

Post by Haylen »

CSL, remember, this isn't the first time in the past two months that you have self-hammered as town. I find you're opinion on a [REDACTED ONGOING GAME] to be rather hypocritical in this respect aswell. You need to lighten up, I've been telling you this for nearly a year now - lighten up and your play will improve.

I have been reading along, yes, town play was bad but meh it happens. You can't go through your entire mafia career without playing in games that get destroyed by poor play, everyone has their bad days. You go through a few months of excellant wins and another few of with games you'd wish had never happened.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Benmage wrote:Mafia is a game of lying when scum....you willfully chose to tie instead of fullwin by backstabbing MoI. Everything leading up to that point is irrelevant.
Since when is lying mandatory? What are you talking about 'everything leading up to that point'?

Essentially what you're saying is that we both had to "backstab" in order to be PTW, which in fact leads to both of us losing. That or, in order for one of us to win, one player would have to not PTW. How does that make any kind of sense? Explain to me how you, in that situation, would have both MoI and us PTW and still have one of us achieve victory?

It has nothing to do with the "integrity of mafia" and everything to do with being bitter about losing. If you can answer the above logically I may reconsider, but I highly doubt that answer is possible.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@CSL: Admit it, you played absolutely horribly as town (RichardGHP as well). If I was smart enough to realize that you would be that dumbfounded as to self-hammer as town, I would have definently shot you Night 3.

That being said, I felt really unsatisfied about my play here as well. Lurking under pressure throughout the majority of this game when I was alive was easily my worst decision in this game. For some reason, I loss almost all of my interest in the game that I had at the beginning and at times, I considered replacing out, but I didn't have the heart to do so. I need to seriously learn from this game and quit lurking under pressure in all future games I'm in. That combined with my other numerous scum tells that made it obvious that I was not tell really tells me that I played badly in this game and could have done so much better.

I also apoligize for showing disrespectful to the mods, the game, and the players a few times by having to be prodded three times and nearly getting mod-killed over basically quoting my Role PM. This will never happen again intentionally, that is a promise.

@Everyone else: The next time I'm a SK, I don't want to fail as much as I did in this game. Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve my play in here as a SK and a player as a whole?

The mods did an fantastic job of modding this game. I could easily tell that they put forth a lot of effort in the flavor and game mechanics. These are what you would expect out of a top mod like Patrick or SpyreX (Then again, SpyreX was a back-up mod, so maybe he had something to do with this). Very well-designed if I do say so myself.

I believe that town started off on a great roll and it extended all the way to Night 4. I had very high confidence that town was going to win this game. The ending really surprised me when Greyjoy-MagnaofIllusion and Lannister-Macavitar drawed out, which was a bit uneventful, but still fitting IMO. I don't think town did absolutely horribly as people describe them, but town loss a lot of momentum as the game went on.

I probably won't be joining future A Song of Fire and Ice games for two reasons. One is that I'm going into semi-retirement soon. Another is that if I did join them, I wouldn't feel much better about my performance in them. Still, I will give credit to the mods for making such a well-crafted game and I hope if they do sequels that it will be equally as successful as this one.

Also, as I was the SK and that I don't want to get all tangled up in the discussion, I'll come back to post (If ever) after all this mess gets sorted out.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:30 am

Post by CSL »

SSBF, if you killed me, none of this would've happened.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Kataphraktoi
Kataphraktoi
Townie
Kataphraktoi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Kataphraktoi »

Great game to read, a few points of interest to me;

What exactly is the mafia win condition? Eliminate all town or gain 50% majority on town, something like that? Even if it says ''gain 50% of total votes out of all factions'' they both win a full one since they ended up with 50%. IMO.

Kudos to the scum for dodging the prisoners dilemma fallacy... :wink:

Oh and i thought mina might appreciate this Herodotus quote; "Far better it is to have a stout heart always and suffer one's share of evils, than to be ever fearing what may happen."
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Mikujin »

Man, I rookie'd things up pretty amazingly, but this game was one of the most fun I've ever been in. Totally satisfied with the joint win end-game. I was nail-biting all through the night phase, sweating it out to see if either scum would off the other, instead. Totally would play another in the future.
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Axelrod »

Well, I think my speedylynch was the moment we really lost this game (or, at least went from near certain victory to something...less). I feel like if I get to claim there, and someone else - anyone else - gets lynched, Locke lives another Night, clears/condemns someone, and Town cruises the rest of the way.

This is not to say that I did not earn my lynch in at least some respects. I was trying to lay low and then got sidetracked by real life and just couldn't devote a lot of attention to the game, so bad on me. But still, that smarts.

I really liked the set-up though, and the flavor stuff was fantastic.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:
Benmage wrote:Mafia is a game of lying when scum....you willfully chose to tie instead of fullwin by backstabbing MoI. Everything leading up to that point is irrelevant.
Since when is lying mandatory?
Don't be so fucking dimwitted with me. Your better than that. You know scum are to decieve. Otherwise everygame town would ask simple yes, or no whose scum and whose not..and scum would say "oh ya i am scum"...riiight
VP Baltar wrote: What are you talking about 'everything leading up to that point'?
The game, in its entirety. (i.e. also the ending agreement) is meaningless at the single instance or point you sent in the no kill. You had the option to full win, and didn't take it.
VP Baltar wrote: Essentially what you're saying is that we both had to "backstab" in order to be PTW, which in fact leads to both of us losing.
If both of you followed PTW you both would've lost. Yes, this is correct.
VP Baltar wrote:That or, in order for one of us to win, one player would have to not PTW.
This is also correct.
VP Baltar wrote: Explain to me how you, in that situation, would have both MoI and us PTW and still have one of us achieve victory?
This is a foolish statement.
God can do anything. Can god make a rock so big he can't lift it.

You do everything you did. And than you backstab. You clearly could've had the full win because MoI also sent in a no kill. You appealed to one anothers emotion. You put your trust and faith in one another and found comfort in that. But at no point could you guarantee or be 100% certain that you weren't gonna be backstabbed. You took a leap of faith. To say otherwise would be ridiculous and we shouldn't continue this conversation.

You ended in a draw...you can call it a win if you like, we can choose to disagree there. Point is, YES you could've won. And Yes you could've lost. And you couldn't of been 100% certain you weren't going to fully lose, but you did choose not to fully win and therefore like it or not did not PTW.

VP Baltar wrote:It has nothing to do with the "integrity of mafia" and everything to do with being bitter about losing.
False.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I'M CURIOUS HOW MAC/VP OR MAGNA WOULD HAVE FELT IF THEY GOT BACKSTABBED BY THE OTHER IN THE END.
FLASH OF GREEN
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

VP Baltar wrote:Yes, big thanks to the mods. I enjoyed the flavor even though I was way in over my head with it. I'll probably check out these books sometime because of your game. Vote counts, prods, etc. were all as well done as can be expected in a large game.
1,000 times this - best flavor I've experienced in a Mafia game to date - made me want to read the books.

Apologies for not having sharper play near end game - t'was all a muddled mess in my head and diddin was my only clear read anymore.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Percy »

This game was so much fun. Nice work there, mods! And I agree, the flavour was fantastic, and if at least one more person reads the awesomeness of GRRM then you've done very well.

The events were very cool, and the roles seem well balanced, if a little town-sided. This may be me bawwwing about the fact that I got copped, but them's the breaks. I knew when I went for Hand that my life would be short, and I'm just glad my read on dana was correct. Making him sound like Greyjoy was so awesome.

Thanks to my scumteam, especially Magna - nice work staying afloat and securing a win for us! I'm glad you played it the way you did; defecting risked a town win, and a "draw" is a lot better than letting the town come away with a victory.

Props particularly to Mina, you were a great townie.

Also, yeah, I'm with the others saying "OMG I can't believe Macavitar wasn't lynched". Excellent fakeclaim, guys! I'll be seconding your nom in the Scummies thread.

Thanks again mods, and yay scum! Looking forward to full reveal.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'll start working on posting all the Role PMs...

I'm glad people enjoyed the flavour. In Faraday, I've found somebody who loves the books as much as I do.

And holy shit, I just saw Percy's sig, SA3? For people who like awesome flavour, pre /in to the fucker right there, it'll be awesome.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Unsight »

You know, I think this loss bothers me more than any other person in the game right now mostly because I spent all of Day 5 telling the town who the final scum were. It just kills me (figuratively and in-game) to see an easy win go down the toilet. I really want to shout "I was right, you were wrong, because you fucked up we lost" and vent and rage and blame everyone who isn't me.

I want to do that, but it doesn't work that way. Mafia is a team game and it isn't just enough to be right about your reads, you have to be able to convince others that you're right too. I totally screwed up there. I saw Macavitar's fake claim, Cow/Mina's investigation, and laughed. I played my victory fanfare and basically chalked this game up as a win. I said to myself "Oh it's so obviously a fake claim" and just assumed that we would lynch him. At that point, I stopped trying to convince others that it was fake because I just assumed it was obvious. I stopped playing half the game and my team lost. I can only blame myself for that.

Things that upset me about this game:

- Macavitar had the shittiest fake claim in the world and survived with it.
- I've been a vanilla townsfolk for the last half dozen games and even in a theme game with so many roles was vanilla.
- I totally misread LMP's connections.
- A scum tie counts as a scum win.
- I coasted by on Days 3 and 4 without putting any effort into scum hunting.
- I let the town down on Day 5.

Things that made me happy about this game:

- I spotted a lot of connections (scum and king's guard)
- I survived until Day 5.
- I was not only right about some of my scumspects but I had logical, good reasoning for some of them (like MagnaOfIllusion's guilt).
- My meta-reads on SSBF, Vezo, and RichardGHP were all on the money.
- I got to play with a lot of players I hadn't seen before and many of whom were very impressive (both scum and town).

Sad end but I had fun overall.

Thanks to Faraday and Seacore for moderating. <3 you both.
Games are meant to be fun.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Lannister Role PMs
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, Danakillsu.

You are
Tywin Lannister - Lannister Aligned
- Lord of Casterly Rock and Warden of the West. As one of the most powerful men in Westeros you will ensure the Lannisters control the Iron Throne. You're a great tactican and a former Hand of the King. Cold, calculating and ruthless with you at the head of the family surely the Lannisters can eliminate all who oppose them.

You are part of the Lannister faction along with your daughter Cersei [Xvart], your son Tyrion [MacavityLock] and your grandson Joffrey

Abillities
:

Vote
- During the Day phase your vote counts as 1 towards the majority required.

Investigation Immunity
-If you are investigate you will show up as Innocent. This is a passive abillity and functions at all times.

Night chat
- You may talk with your fellow Lannisters at the following link here during pre-game and the night.

Mafia Night Kill
- Your mafia share a group nightkill which one of you must carry out. You have final say in who will be killed/who commits the kill should any argument arise. Pm me the name of the player you wish to kill and who should commit the kill from your group every night.

False Claim
You know that Bryden Tully - The Blackfish is not in this game. You may PM me at any time (with any name you wish) and I will send you back a sample role pm with all the relevant flavour for a Byrnden(or whoever) PM along with any abillities you may want for the pm.

So for example 'I need a Pm for a Night Kill immune Jester bomb' and I'll send you back the relevant pm.

In other words you're the Godfather of the Lannisters!

Win Condition:
You win when the Lannisters make up the majority of the game or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, I doubt it.

You are
Joffrey
Lannister
Barantheon - Lannister Aligned
- You now sit on the Iron Throne but your hold is not strong. You're a spoiled brat, and now that you're King you're almost intolerable and I really loved your death in the books. But anyway with the help of your family you intend to make sure your reign is long and prosperous.

You are part of the Lannister faction along with your Motherr Cersei [xvart], your uncle Tyrion [MacavityLock] and your grandfather Tywin [Danakillsu]

Abillities

Vote

Night chat
- You may talk with your fellow Lannisters at the following link here during pre-game and the night.

Mafia Night Kill
- Your mafia share a group nightkill. You have final say in who will be killed/who commits the kill should any argument arise. Pm me the name of the player you wish to kill and who should commit the kill from your group every night.

False Claim
You know Gendry is not in this game. If you wish you may pm me at any time with his name, or any name, and I will send you back a fake PM with any info you need for that character e.g. flavour and whatever role you want to claim/fake.

So for example 'I need a Pm for a Night Kill immune Jester bomb' and I'll send you back the relevant pm.

In other words despite being king you're a goon!

Win Condition:
You win when the Lannisters make up the majority of the game or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, Macavitar.

You are
Tyrion Lannister - Lannister Aligned
. Better known to many as the Imp your wit is unmatched. While you may seem the nicest of the Lannisters, you are loyal to your family and have proven that. This means you're willing to do what must in their pursuit to solidfy their sronghold on the seven kingdoms.

You are part of the Lannister faction along with your Sister Cersei [xvart], your nephew Joffrey
and your father Tywin [danakillsu]

Abillities

Vote

Night chat

Mafia Night Kill
- Your mafia share a group nightkill which one of you must carry out.

False Claim
You know Maester Pylos is not in this game. If you wish you may pm me at any time with his name, or any name, and I will send you back a fake PM with any info you need for that character e.g. flavour and whatever role you want.

You have no other abillities so you're basically a goon!

Win Condition:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, xvart.

You are
Cersei Lannister - Lannister Aligned
- Smart(ish???), sexy (omy) and very fucking ruthless you really are a bitch. I love to hate you, and you're very likely mad as a hatter but still you do seem to be able to charm those around you with ease. Not sure why, but there you go. Anyway you're scum obviously.

You are part of the Lannister faction along with father Tywin [Danakillsu], your son Joffrey
and brother Tyrion [MacavityLock]

Abillities

Vote

Roleblock
-Each night you may pm me the name of a player you wish to roleblock. If your action is successful this player will be stopped from performing their night action. Please note you may not roleblock and perform the mafia kill unless you are the last Lannister remaining.

Night chat

Mafia Night Kill
- Your mafia share a group nightkill which one of you must commit.

False Claim
You know Caetlyn Stark is not in this game. If you wish you may pm me at any time with his name, or any name, and I will send you back a fake PM with any info you need for that character e.g. flavour and whatever role you want.

Win Condition:
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Greyjoy Role PMs
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, Raivann.

You are
Balon Greyjoy - Greyjoy Aligned
- You're the Lord of Iron Islands and head of House Greyjoy. You've tried to rebel once before and were unsuccessful but second time's a charm right (well if you read the book you'll know that didn't end up so well for Balon personally, haha)? So why not with the help of your family, try not take over the Seven Kingdoms. Plenty more people to drown and act like nutters around.

You are part of the Greyjoy faction along with your daughter Asha [Percy], your son Theon [Mikujin] and your brother Victarion [MagnaOfIllusion]

Abillities
:

Vote

Investigation Immunity
-If you are investigated you will show up as Innocent. This is a passive abillity and functions at all times.

Night chat
- You may talk with your fellow Greyjoys at the following link here during pre-game and the night.

Mafia Night Kill
- Your mafia share a group nightkill which one of you must carry out. You have final say in who will be killed/who commits the kill should any argument arise. Pm me the name of the player you wish to kill and who should commit the kill from your group every night.

False Claim
You know that Beric Dondarrion is not in this game. You may PM me at any time (with any name you wish) and I will send you back a sample role pm with all the relevant flavour for a Beric(or whoever) PM along with any abillities you may want for the pm.

In other words you're the Godfather of the Greyjoys

Win Condition:
You win when the Greyjoys make up the majority of the game or when nothing can prevent this from happening.
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, MagnaOfIllusion.

You are
Victarion Greyjoy - Greyjoy Aligned
. You are a fierce and dangerous warrior, and without fear of the sea - this is evident by your insistence on wearing full armour while aboard the ship you are Balon's brother. You follow him loyally in his quest to prove the greatness of House Greyjoy and you shall be an important ally as he strives to do so.

You are part of the Greyjoy faction along with your niece Asha [Percy], your nephew Theon [Mikujin] and your brother Balon [Deer]

Abillities
:

Vote

Night chat
- You may talk with your fellow Greyjoys at the following link here during pre-game and the night.

Mafia Night Kill
- Your mafia share a group nightkill which one of you must carry out. Your Godfather will have final say in who shall be killed and who shall commit the kill if any disputes arise

False Claim
You know that Hodor is not in this game. You may PM me at any time (with any name you wish)for a Hodor(or whoever) PM along with any abillities you may want for the pm.

In other words you're a goon for the Greyjoys

Win Condition:
You win when the Greyjoys make up the majority of the game or when nothing can prevent this from happening.
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, Mikujin.

You are
Theon Greyjoy - Greyjoy Aligned
. Ah Theon. Raised by Ned Stark you thought coming back home your father would appreciate you. Eh, guess you were wrong. He thinks you're soft and weak. You however are determined to prove him wrong. You're a great archer and obviously have good eyesight so that'll help you with your observation skills! Help your father win and who knows, he might not think you're worthless. (+ Asha might find you attractive)

You are part of the Greyjoy faction along with your Uncle Victarion [MagnaOfIllusion], your sister Asha [Percy] and your father Balon [Deer]

Abillities
:

Vote

Watcher abillity
- Each night you may pm me the name of a player you wish to watch. Before day starts I will pm you the names of all the players who targeted him during the night before. If no one targeted him/her you will be told that 'no one targeted player X'

Night chat

Mafia Night Kill
- Your mafia share a group nightkill which one of you must carry out. Your Godfather will have final say in who shall be killed and who shall commit the kill if any disputes arise

False Claim
You know that Jojen is not in this game. You may PM me at any time (with any name you wish) for a Jojen (or whoever) PM along with any abillities you may want for the pm.

In other words you're a watcher for the Greyjoys

Win Condition:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, Percy.

You are
Asha Greyjoy - Greyjoy Aligned
. You are unusual amongst the Iron people. Shedding the shackles brought on by your gender you have been able to gain respect and command your own ship and leading men to battle. You are also pretty hot, apparently, so much so that your brother eh..well let's not go there eh? That aside your intelligence and loyalty as well as your determination shall be vital assets if the Greyjoys hope to succeed.

You are part of the Greyjoy faction along with your Uncle Victarion [MagnaOfIllusion], your brother Theon [Mikujin] and your father Balon [Deer]

Abillities
:

Vote

Night chat

Mafia Night Kill

False Claim
You know that Mellisandre is not in this game. You may PM me at any time (with any name you wish) for a Mellisandre (or whoever) PM along with any abillities you may want for the pm.

In other words you're a goon for the Greyjoys

Win Condition:
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Serial Killer Role PM
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, Super Smash Bros. Fan.

You are
Rorge, Self Aligned.
You were a member of the Brave Companions are are a vicious and despicable person. You've terrorised people under the guise of Sandor Clegane in the books and in this game you're a Serial Killer looking to kill off anyone who stands in your way.

Abillities
:

Vote

Kill Immunity:
Any attempts on your life other than a lynch will fail. Basically you're immune to all kill attempts.

Night Kill
- You may Pm me the name of the player you wish to kill each night.

False Claim
You know that Arya Stark is not in this game. You may PM me at any time (with any name you wish) for a Arya Stark (or whoever) PM along with any abillities you may want for the pm.

In other words you're a serial Killer

Win Condition:
You win when everyone is dead, even if you're not alive to see it.
As somebody has already pointed out, we botched this Win Condition as well, since he would have needed to die to complete it...
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Town PR Role PMs

The rest were Vanilla unless I'm mistaken...
Welcome to A Clash of Kings Mafia, Mina.

You are
Bran Stark, Innocent Aligned.
You always wanted to be a Knight. Then you got crippled. You nearly died untill some Crow woke you up in a scene that read like you were on LSD. Now you and your wolf Summer (despite the fact Autumn was a better name..I mean Autumn is the season before Winter) are inseperable and are determined to become heroes of this war. With the help of Summer you'll show everyone just how good you are. Or that's the plan.

Abillites:

Vote

Track
- Each night you may PM the name of the person you wish to track. You will be told who they visit, if anyone. If they do not visit anyone you will be told that they didn't visit anyone.

Win Condition:
You win when the scum are dead and the kingdom is a safe(ish) place to live in.
Welcome to A Clash of Kings mafia, LynchMepls.

You are
Barristen Selmy, Innocent Aligned
.[/b] Known as the Bold you had served Robert Baratheon well but with his death came your dismissal. Despite being nearly sixty you remain a remarkably capable swordsman. With the war underway it's hard to know who to trust anymore, but you have decided to try and train a Kingsguard.

Abillites:

Vote

Kingsguard recruitment
- You are trying to form a new Kingsguard. You have 6 invitations which may be used during any night. You may use as many or as few invites as you want per night. So you can use 6 or 0, for night 1 depending on your perogative. This will lead to the players you choose being added to your QT, which is located here and you can discuss the game with them during the night-phase, and indeed they can discuss the game with each other. The Kingsguard can live on after your death, although no more people can be added.

Please note players will be invited to the Kingsguard regardless of their alignment, so players in the Kingsguard are NOT confirmed town.

Win Condition:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings mafia, Thor655.

You are
Robb Stark, Innocent Aligned.
You are the KING IN THE NORTH. You're a great guy and are looking to avenge your fathers death, amongst other things. You also have your faithful wolf Greywind to help you out, and help you out he will.

Abillites:

Vote

Daykill
- You may perform a daykill once during the game. To do so post 'Daykill Player X' in the thread, and bold it. If you wish you can PM the mod to make sure he sees the daykill but you must post it in the thread for it to count.

Win Condition:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings mafia, Axelrod.

You are
Thoros of Myr, Innocent Aligned.
. You are red priest of R'hllor. You are famous for your flaming sword, which spooks other combatants horses during tournaments. However you've also been known to revive the dead on occasion, certainly an interesting skill to possess.

Vote

Protect
- Each night you may PM the name of the person you wish to protect. This will stop the first kill attempt on their life that night. Unfortunately you've only limited power so you cannot stop additional kill attempts on the same night.

Win Condition:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings mafia, CCARaven4.

You are
Ser Loras Tyrell , Innocent Aligned.
. You are the Knight of Flowers. A famed jouster and highly skilled Knight. You're popular with the citizens of Westeros and your fame is only matched by your gallantry and good looks (you sound like a pretty boy to me). Still you're going to do your best to prove just how amazing you are in this war.

Abillites:

Vote

Vengeful
- You know that Renly Baratheon, your lover is in the game. In the event of his death you will be able to perform a vengeful kill on a player of your choosing. You do not know who plays the part of Renly, or their alignment though. Still, the things you'll do for love.

Win Condition:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings mafia, RichardGHP.

You are
Renly Baratheon, Innocent Aligned.
You are Robert's youngest brother and share a striking similarity with him. You decide to be King but know at the moment their are bigger things to worry about.
Abillites:

Vote

Trigger
- If you die Ser Loras will be allowed to perform a kill trying to avenge you. If he is dead before you nothing will happen on your dath. As such you KNOW Ser Loras to be in the game but not who he is, or his alignment.

Win Condition:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings mafia, Budja.

You are
Jaquen H'gar, Innocent Aligned.
|You're a faceless man, but while you're here it happens to help you and your bravossi brotherhood to help out in this war. Since your talents lie in the area of killing, well why not get your hands dirty?

Vote

Night Kill Awarder
- You may give out 3 nightkills to a different person i.e. one nightkill is the most you can give a person. This person can then use the kill along with their regular abillity if they wish, on any following night. You however will carry out the kill, after all you're a faceless man and a pro. You should be careful though, after all if they select you for their kill, well suicide can't be fun can it?

Win Condition:
Welcome to A Clash of Kings mafia, Locke Lamora.

You are
Littlefinger, Innocent Aligned.
You're not a nice person. Let's be honest. You're creepy and very likely a future paedophile. However there's no denying your madskillz, yo. You're able to manipulate with precision and don't afraid of anything.

Vote

Investigate
- Each night you may PM the name of the person you wish to investigate. You will learn their name, and hopefully from this can discern if they're a good guy or not. Please note that certain people may be able to conceal, or even mislead you as to who they are, so be warey.

Win Condition:
War has arrived!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

SSBF wrote:@Everyone else: The next time I'm a SK, I don't want to fail as much as I did in this game. Do you have any suggestions on how I can improve my play in here as a SK and a player as a whole?
Serial killer is a very hard role to play because you really need to be thinking way way ahead toward endgame much earlier than if you were town or scum. Every kill you make at night needs to be strategic. Additionally, you need to have a really good fake claim ready in advance. Claiming vig as SK is about the oldest trick in the book and it rarely works. In terms of overall, I think you are right that lurking under pressure does you no favors. You have to stay active in the game and always be looking for the next person that you can get lynched who isn't you.
Kataphraktoi wrote:Kudos to the scum for dodging the prisoners dilemma fallacy...
Thanks! I was kinda pro-kill Magna, but Mac made a decent point about proving Prisoner's Dilemma wrong, which was kind of a nice little victory in its own right.
Bemage wrote:Don't be so fucking dimwitted with me. Your better than that. You know scum are to decieve. Otherwise everygame town would ask simple yes, or no whose scum and whose not..and scum would say "oh ya i am scum"...riiight
Don't make dimwitted statements like "mafia is a game of lying when scum" and I won't reply with dimwitted questions. When playing scum, you do what is necessary to move your game strategically toward a victory. Sometimes that entails lying. Sometimes that entails claiming scum in thread as we did here. It's a mix and you have to decide what strategy is best at a specific moment.
Benmage wrote:If both of you followed PTW you both would've lost. Yes, this is correct
Thus proving my point that you're being ridiculous. Playing to win means playing to win. Not playing to the idea of winning even though you know that equals losing.
Ellibereth wrote:I'M CURIOUS HOW MAC/VP OR MAGNA WOULD HAVE FELT IF THEY GOT BACKSTABBED BY THE OTHER IN THE END.
I think Mac would have been ok with it because he wanted to try to beat prisoner's dilemma. I would have been freaking pissed to have lost after all we survived to get to endgame. Our team had terrible freaking luck and we were just a lowly goon. We were all alone since Day 4 and tracked to a dead body that we escaped because of Mac's fakeclaim. I probably would have been mildly bitter toward Magna at that point.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by diddin »

MOD I was wondering all game: Was I supposed to be a miller character of sorts?
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Night 1

I doubt it Kills JulienVonWolfe
Raivann Kills Dannakillsu (Fails, due to Jailed)
SSBF Kills Raivann

Xvart Roleblocks LynchMePls (no effect, invitations not subject to RB)
Mikujin Watches Percy (nobody visits)
Mina Tracks Kinetic (vists nobody)
Benmage Jails Danakillsu
LynchMePls invites Percy, Mina, Drippereth, Raivann, Cow, Julienvonwolfe into Kingsguard
Axelrod protects Mina
Budja awards Kill to Xvart who targets Budja
Locke Lamora Namecops Diddin (finds out he's "The Hound")

Day 2 Stabcount totals

Sorry, I didn't record who did the stabbing

CSL (6)
Danna (3)
SSBF (3)
Drippereth (2)
Axelrod( 1)
Percy (1)
Mina (1)
Kinetic (1)
No stab (1)

Night 2

I doubt it kills LynchMePls
MagnaOfIllusion kills Drippereth
SSBF kills I doubt it

Xvart roleblocks Percy (no effect)
Mikujin watches Percy (sees Locke Lamora and xvart target him)
Benmage jails Rivka (No effect)
Locke investigates Percy (Result Asha Greyjoy)
Axelrod protects Mina
Mina tracks COW (didn't visit anyone)

Night 3

Macavitar kills Benmage
MagnaofIllusion kills xvart
SSBF kills Vezok

xvart Roleblocks Locke Lamora
Mikujin Watches Locke - Sees Axel and Xvart target him
Benmage jails Thor - NO EFFECT
Axel protects Locke - NO EFFECT
Locke investigates Unsight - NO RESULT (ROLEBLOCK)
Mina tracks Axel - he visits Locke Lamora

Night 4

MagnaofIllusion kills Locke Lamora
Macavitar kills Mikujin

Mikujin watches cow
Mina tracks Macavitar Sess him target Mikujin

Night 5

Macavitar kills cow
MagnaofIllusion kills Mina

Night 6

MagnaofIllusion kills RichardGHP

Night 7

MagnaofIllusion kills Thor
Macavitar kills Diddin

Night 8

The scum have a party

I think that's right, feel free to correct stuff
War has arrived!

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

VP Baltar wrote:
Benmage wrote:If both of you followed PTW you both would've lost. Yes, this is correct
Thus proving my point that you're being ridiculous. Playing to win means playing to win. Not playing to the idea of winning even though you know that equals losing.
Doesn't prove shit. You're two separate entities...stop equating yourselves as one. Clearly either of you could've betrayed the other and won.

Good, the SK was NK immune (probably should've been inv immune too) But If the hound is town, Rorge could be? Well balanced :P .
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Seacore »

diddin wrote:MOD I was wondering all game: Was I supposed to be a miller character of sorts?

I don't think Faraday and I ever outright discussed this, but in my mind, yes.

Similarly, there was Tyrion on the scum's side, who could claim that Tyrion was a good guy, not scum.

It was put in there to make the namecop less than absolute, and I was personally happy with the way it resolved. What are your thoughts diddin?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”