Mafia Family Feud -- (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mafia Family Feud -- (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Current Status

This game is over. Please feel free to use any of these things if you'd like to run your own version of the game.

Teams/Rankings

RankTeam NamePlayersW/LPoint Total
Dana and Mallow Have a Goal of Kaging a Shark
KageLord, danakillsu, mallowgeno, SharkFinn, Prof. Guppy4/22243
Zang & The Numbers
Framm 18, Duplicity, Faraday, Tragedy, chesskid33/21881
THE SNOW
Andrius, TonyMontana, gandalf5166, Fate, VasudeVa2/31148
No Shirt, No Shoes, Moar Service
Lady Lambdadelta, Haylen, Starbuck, Dekes, animorpherv12/0976
Rainbow Family
Blackberry, Drench, xRECKONERx, dramonic, Exilon2/4947
Jmj Shall Poke Fen's Quads
quadz08, jmj3000, inHimshallibe, PokerFace, Fenchurch1/3802

SETUP RULES

• To begin with, teams are set a five players a piece, and they select a
    rank order
    and name. Traditionally, the strongest player and/or best leader would likely want to be ranked first, second strongest at second, and so forth, but this is up to the team's discretion. The lead player should frequent the website as often as possible and will be given the most responsibilities for keeping his or her team competitive as the game goes on.
  • You should come up with teams on your own, but you're welcome to advertise yourself in the thread if you'd like. A team cannot be made with less than five players. The team aspect is a fundamental part of
    Mafia Family Feud
    . You'll ideally want a diverse group of people, but you may also want to consider things like who you'd work well with, who is reliable, and who will keep your team in high spirits. Substitutions are acceptable only when the team is not playing, if they're currently in a game it will have to wait until the game is over.
  • Depending on the amount of interest, I plan to run a sort of tournament, possibly in a round-robin style format. We'll go with a ladder system for now. Obviously we'll need at least ten people, minimum, to run the game.

GAME RULES

NOTE: These rules will be written as though the player has never seen the game played. The rules for the final round have changed somewhat, please read all the rules carefully. I reserve the right to alter the rules should the need arise, but rest assured everything I change or add will be documented and the fundamental mechanics of the game won't change.

Gaining Control
  • To start, the lead players (
    Rank 1
    ) of both teams will vie for control of the game. A
    survey question
    will be asked to both players. This
    survey question
    will be along the lines of, "In a survey of 100 Americans, the top 3 responses are on the board. What's the first shape that pops up in your mind?" Both players have 24 hours to answer this question, and since I can't be online 24/7, the second player may PM his or her answer to me as a precaution. This is to prevent the teams from inadvertently helping each other if the first player to answer gets the number one answer. Speed definitely plays a factor in this part!
  • If one of the players gets the number one answer, they're given two options. They will decide if they're going to
    play
    , meaning they'll keep the question and attempt to uncover the remaining responses to win the round, or they'll
    pass
    , meaning the other team must get all the responses to win the round.
  • If neither player gets the number one answer, the player with the highest ranking answer will get to choose whether his or her team with
    play
    or
    pass
  • If neither players gets a correct answer, we'll go to the the second player (
    Rank 2
    ), get responses from both of them, and so forth until one team gains control of the question.

Finding the Answers
  • Once a team has control of the
    survey question
    , they will attempt to uncover all the remaining responses on the board.
  • The question starts off with the player ranked after the last player who participated in gaining control (e.g. if it went to the 2nd ranked players, the 3rd player would start).
  • The player must answer within 36 hours with no help from his or her teammates. All answers must be in
    bold
    and submitted only from the player who's turn it is.
  • If the player answers correctly, we move onto the next ranked player, and continue until all the responses have been revealed.
  • If the player's answer is too vague or misunderstood in any way, I'll ask the player for a clarification. There will be no time extension for this, so if you think your answer may be questionable, make sure to leave yourself some time.
  • If the player answers incorrectly, the team gets a
    strike
    . If the team gets three
    strikes
    , control is passed over to the other team. The other team has to get one of the remaining answers on the board in order to steal the entire point total.
  • If the player doesn't answer at all, the lead player (
    Rank 1
    ) is allowed to submit an answer within the next 12 hours (after the 36 hours window). The original player is no longer allowed to answer, the lead player is the only one who may answer at this point. If he or she doesn't answer, the team automatically gets a
    strike
  • The other team must come up with one of the remaining responses on the board to win the round. All players on the team may participate (this is the only time in the game when all players may participate and discuss what their answer should be), but only the lead player (
    Rank 1
    ), may submit the answer.

Scoring
  • Scoring is tallied by calculating how many surveyors actually choose the response. For example, using the previous example
    survey question
    , if 58 people responded "Square", then 58 points would be added to the pool.
  • This score will not always be 100. This is on account of some answers being too unpopular to rank.
  • The second round will be a double point round, and the third round will be a triple point round. This means that the point values will have a double or triple point multiplier respectively.
  • The team with the most points after three rounds moves onto the final round.

Final Round
  • The winning team gets a final
    survey question
    all to themselves for the final round. They get 24 hours from the time it's posted to get as many answers as they can, but they must make an important decision about scoring the round.
  • The question may give them normal, double, or triple the amount of points... depending on how confident the team feels. If they choose to play for normal points, it will play just like a normal question. If they choose to play for double points, the team is only allowed two
    strikes
    . If they play for triple points, the team may only get one
    strike
    before play ends! Normal points will be assigned by default if nothing is chosen.
  • Any player may answer, and they may answer as many times as they like during this round. All answers will be counted in the order with which they are posted.
  • After the 24 hours are up, I'll tally all the submitted answers until either the team reaches their
    strike
    limit, or the team correctly gets all the answers on the board.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:22 am, edited 351 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Framm 18 wrote:Question: How close to the answer would you have to be for it to count? (ex. Question is Name something that you grill? Answers are looking for something specific like Beef or Chicken and you say Meat, would you ask for something more specific or would it be an
X
and Vice-versa?)
Well, there's no real judge's panel. I'll try to be as fair as possible, but the game is subjective in that respect.

Given that we're not really playing for money or anything, I'd hope everyone will kind of keep it in perspective.

In the specific question you asked, I'd have to see the answers before hand. If the answers are, like, Chicken, Beef, Pork, and Onions, I'd ask for something more specific than that. I don't think I'll extend the time for that though.

Good question though; I'll add this to the rules. :)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:49 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, cool. I plan to start in about a week or so, and we'll see how many people have signed up by then. After that we'll play it by ear. I don't want to completely close off people from signing up if there's still any interest.

Also, let me know if y'all have a team name. Otherwise you'll just go with what I give you :P
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

danakillsu wrote:I'd like to see what RedCoyote gives our team, so I say let's not bother trying to come up with a name ourselves.
I've already put them up there, lol. Although the more I think about it the more I'm worried that if any of the teams switch players out it won't make much sense.
pacman281292 wrote:I would prefer to start ASAP, as I'll have no access the last week of October.
Okay, that's fine. I was probably reaching to expect much more than ten people anyways. We'll just do more of a ladder system then, ranking by W/L record and total points.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

So I'll start tomorrow afternoon (US afternoon, by tomorrow I mean later today (Tuesday)) then. I'll let both teams know and I'll also be changing up the opening post some (be sure to keep an eye on it).
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

KageLord & horrordude ... The first question of the game goes to you! I PM'd both of you earlier with the time, so hopefully y'all are ready to go. Remember that the first question goes to the person who answers fastest. If you get the top answer on the board, you get to choose whether your team plays or passes, if not, the other player gets a chance to get the top answer.

Unless I say otherwise, everyone may assume all questions are generic surveys of 100 people.

What's something that people may use to fortell their future?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Whoever answers second can PM me their answer, that way if whoever answered first get the number one answer, you won't have given the other team an additional hint.

Of course if they don't get the number one answer then I'll just post it up when I get online.

(Remember, this is the first game so I'm still working out a kinks a bit. :P)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Survey Question1. Crystal Ball (41)5. __________DMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
What's something that people may use to fortell their future?2. __________XXXXXXXXXXX
XX
XX
Current Point Total3. __________XXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
4. __________XXXXXXXXXXX

Okay, maybe I was unclear with the whole PM thing. That's just for the team that didn't get here first.

Anyways, KageLord PM'd me the number 1 answer!

KageLord, Play or pass?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:55 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yes, dana, please go ahead.

And y'all can answer without me too. I get on at least once a day, you know, but just use common sense about it (i.e. don't give more than, like, five answers). But at the very least the next three players can answer before I get back (assuming the next three ranked are all online before me). When you have a strike or two, you may want to be cautious about it, but I just wanted to let y'all know that you don't have to wait for me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay guys... I don't know how I can make this any clearer.
You can give your answers in the thread!!!!!

The only reason I brought up PMs at all was for the face/off question. If someone saw that their opposing team had answered, then they could PM me. Since DMHGKS has control, you certainly do not have to PM me. :P

This thread is awful lonely without anyone in it, after all.

dana, frightened of being in the spotlight, motions for the host to come closer.

He whispers into my ear, "....
fortune cookie
...."

Show me fortune cookies!

[X]
Survey Question1. Crystal Ball (41)5. __________DMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
What's something that people may use to fortell their future?2. __________XXXXXXXXXXX
XX
XX
Current Point Total3. __________XXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
4. __________XXXXXXXXXXX
X

Oh, no! The first strike of the game! mallow, it's up to you now! What does the future hold for your team?
the other RC wrote:Just wanted to pop in for a second to say that these team names are both AWESOME. <3
<3
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

And I don't know why I put a forward slash in the middle of face off. Whenever I think of face off I think of the movie with Travolta and Nick Cage, and I think the cover had it spelled like that.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Could you elaborate a little please?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Awesome, now we're getting into the swing of it. :D

Everyone else take a page from Shark!
KageLord wrote:So RC, is there any point where the answering team gets to confer (in-thread or outside of it)?
The answering team? No. I'm thinking I may change the final round to have something like this though (because the final round doesn't exactly translate well into forum-style play). Actually I think I'll do that, because that would be a little more exciting. Just give the winning team their own question and have them try and run the table with everyone playing at the same time.

"Can you be more specific, my friend?"

"Uhhh...
Terot Cards
, RC!"

"Alright, I think we've got you. Show me the Tarot Cards!"

What's something that people may use to fortell their future?2. Tarot Cards (21)XXXXXXXXXXX
XX
XX
4. __________XXXXXXXXXXX
X

"Alright, alright! SharkFinn... why don't you sink your teeth into this one ;)"

"Okay, well, I'm thinking
Tea Leaves
, RC! Like the Harry Potter books."

"Right, let's see if that gets you a third answer..."

[X]

What's something that people may use to fortell their future?2. Tarot Cards (21)XXXXXXXXXXX
XX
XX
4. __________XXXXXXXXXXX
X X

"Second strike! Be careful, guys... and Zang & The #s, I hope you're getting ready to steal this one!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Well, a happy birthday to you, bhavitgoyal!"

"Thanks! How about
Palmistry
, you know, like palm reading?"

"Ah, I gotcha. I had a date read my palm once... she said the money line was short. Funny how after she noticed that she told me she had to get up for work real early the next day..."

XX
XX
Current Point Total3. Psychic/Fortune Teller/Palm Reader (15)XXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
4. __________XXXXXXXXXXX
X X

"Alright, KageLord! Let's make it happen for DMHGKS! Two more answers up on the board!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, like I said above, I think I'm going to just scrap the current final round idea and come up with a new one.

Final Round
  • The winning team gets a final
    survey question
    all to themselves for the final round. They get 24 hours from the time it's posted to get as many answers as they can, but they must make an important decision before they get a chance to play.
  • The question may give them normal, double, or triple the amount of points... depending on how confident the team feels. If they choose to play for normal points, it will play just like a normal question. If they choose to play for double points, the team is only allowed two
    strikes
    . If they play for triple points, the team may only get one
    strike
    before play ends!
  • Any player may answer, and they may answer as many times as they like during this round. All answers will be counted in the order with which they are posted.
  • The round will end when one of three things happens: The 24 hours are up, the team reaches their
    strike
    limit, or the team correctly gets all the answers.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Well, I had two guesses... and one of them was taken! I've got one up my sleeve though, so lets go with
horoscopes
, RC!"

"My horoscope says that this has got to be the up there... show me horoscopes!"

XX
XX
Current Point Total3. Psychic/Fortune Teller/Palm Reader (15)XXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
4. Horoscope/Stars (11)XXXXXXXXXXX
X X

"It's up there! Dana, it's all up to you, bud! Make or break it time. Either you'll be the zero or the hero... but no pressure ;)"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Enough playing around! I know my stuff, Red.
Ouija board
has got to be up there!"

"You know, I summoned a dead cat on-"

"OUIJA BOARD, RED! NO STORIES, JUST POINTS!"

"Yes, sir! Show me that Ouija Board!"

BING!

Survey Question1. Crystal Ball (41)5. Ouija Board (5)DMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
--
4. Horoscope/Stars (11)XXXXXXXXXXX
X X

"And dana comes through in the clutch! Team DMHGKS score 93 points and our first double point round will begin soon. Remeber,
rank 2
players will be battling for control this round!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Since I started the last question during the afternoon U.S. time, I'll start this question now (It's early morning in the US, afternoon/evening in most of the eastern hemisphere). If anyone objects, let me know.

danakillsu vs 2003041 ... for control, this question goes to both of you. The first person that chimes in with the highest ranked answer gets control. Remember that the first person to answer may respond by posting, the second player to answer may respond by posting
or
PM.

Name something people sniff to see if it smells bad.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"
Milk
!"

"2003041 just beats dana with the number one answer!"

Survey Question1. Food/Milk (73)5. _____________DMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
Name something people sniff to see if it smells bad.2. _____________6. _____________
--
Current Point Total3. _____________7. _____________DMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
4. _____________XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Do you play this one or pass it?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:59 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"It's gotta be those
shoes
."

"You do not want to be the one wearing smelly shoes, or you could get kicked out! Show me those shoes!"

BING!

Survey Question1. Food/Milk (73)5. _____________DMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
Name something people sniff to see if it smells bad.2. Clothes (7)6. _____________
--
Current Point Total3. ____________7. _____________DMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total

"Let's keep 'er rollin', Zang!"

EDIT: I accidentally overwrote the post.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Sorry, I'm going to need more specificity.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"What about
yourself
? Right? Like you smell yourself to see if everything's... fresh."

"The judges are telling me you've got to be more specific, Zang. What do you like to smell?"

*audience laughs as Zang raises and arm to smell his armpit*

"The
'pits
."

"Well, I hope everything's... fresh. Show me those armpits!"

BING!

Name something people sniff to see if it smells bad.2. Clothes (7)6. _____________
--
Current Point Total3. Armpits (6)7. _____________DMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total

"Great work! Framm 18... can you keep the streak alive?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Hmmm... this is a toughie. Okay, what about
pets
?"

"Good answer, Framm. Do we give the dog a bath?"

[X]
--
Current Point Total3. Armpits (6)7. _____________DMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
X

"No!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Three seconds, horrordude..."

"Err... Uhhh... d-
diaper
!"

*BZZZZ*

"Judges, can we take that? Yes? Okay, show me the dirty diaper!"

BING!
Name something people sniff to see if it smells bad.2. Clothes (7)6. Baby's Diaper (2)
--
X

"Just in the nick of time! 2003041 is up next."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:59 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"The worst smell in the house, RC, it's the
the trash
!"

"Do we need to take out the trash?"

[X]
Name something people sniff to see if it smells bad.2. Clothes (7)6. Baby's Diaper (2)
--
X X

"Oh, no! I hope DMHGKS is getting ready with an answer, because Zang and the #s only have one strike left!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Cybele wrote:Only the leader can pass, and only at the beginning, after he's won control, unless I'm mistaken.
Well, pacman is kind of half right. I get what he's doing. He's effectively giving no answer with hopes that the other team won't be able to get an answer either because he's not confident that his guess is right.

The thing he may have forgot though is that the other team only has to get one of the remaining answers to steal the points, and they don't have to clear the board.

In any case...

"I'm completely stumped, RC. Just give it to the other team, make them get the rest!"

"Well, it doesn't quite work that way, pacs. Are you sure?"

"I
pass
."

[X]
--
X X X

"Well, too bad. That's a third strike, so this gives DMHGKS a chance to steal. Remember, to steal you only get one guess and it has to be right. If you get a correct answer, you get all the points on the board, but if not, Zang and The #s will still cash in. DMHGKS, talk it over amongst yourselves, and KageLord can submit the answer when he's ready."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

KageLord wrote:My team, let's make a dialogue here. PM me suggestions. dana's the only one that has done so.
Y'all don't have to PM each other if you don't want to; you can talk in here. This will be the last guess on this survey question, so it's not like you need to protect any potential answers.

Just make it clear when you're officially submitting an answer.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, yeah, there's no passing after the fact.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

KageLord? Make a decision.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:39 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Hands! Car! Breath!"

"Breath sounds good, or feet!"

"What do you say, Kage?"

"Well... okay. Let's go with
breath
!"

"Good choice, captain!"

"Okay, let's see if this will get you the steal. If not, Zang and The #s will take it and split the rounds won so far. Show me bad breath!"

BING!
--
Current Point Total3. Armpits (6)7. Breath (2)DMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
90 (x2) = 180
X X X

"Alright! Great job! It's up there at number seven. With a total of ninety points revealed this round, in addition to the double round, gives 180 more points to your total. Let's reveal the other answers and see what else was up there..."

Survey Question1. Food/Milk (73)
5. Perfume/Cologne (2)
DMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
--
Current Point Total3. Armpits (6)7. Breath (2)DMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
4. Candles (3)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X X X

"Ah, I see, kind of had to think in a different direction with that one. Okay, Zang and the #s, don't give up just yet. This is the third round where the point values are tripled! If you can sweep the board, you may just take the round. The new question will be posted in a few minutes..."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:51 am

Post by RedCoyote »

mallowgeno vs pacman ... for control of the third round, this question goes to you two. The first person that chimes in with the highest ranked answer gets control. Remember that the first person to answer may respond by posting, the second player to answer may respond by posting
or
PM.

Who is your favorite person to shop for?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!
Survey Question1. ______________XXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
Who is your favorite person to shop for?2. ______________XXXXXXXXX
--
Current Point Total3. Spouse/Significant Other (8)XXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
4. ______________XXXXXXXXX

"It's up there are number three! Two answers will beat it, pacman. What do you say?"

EDIT: Overwrote it again... :P
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Uhhh... err.... uhhhhhhhh....."

*BZZZZ*

"Sorry, out of time, pacs."

"mallow, play or pass?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Gotta be BFFs, RC! :D"

"Are you my friend, Shark?"

"Of course!"

"Then what'd you get me?"

[X]
Survey Question1. ______________XXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
--
Current Point Total3. Spouse/Significant Other (8)XXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalZang & The #s Strike Total
X

"Oh, no. I thought for sure that'd be up there."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Kage, you may have to jump in with a couple of answers on this one.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"You have anything, bhavitgoyal?"

"I'm thinking...
Parents
"

"Yes! If it not friends then it has to be parents!"

[X]
--
X X

"Yikes! Tough luck, that's two strikes in a row. This is a toughie. KageLord, what do you say? "
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

KageLord wrote:But, to be honest, I had to consider just purposely getting this one wrong as damage control. The thing is, if I passed it to the other team at this point, they wouldn't be able to come too close to us even if they got the number 1 answer.
dana brought that up to me too. It's fair game, especially given that both teams were given equal opportunity to win both the previous questions and get control of this final question, but the game is also about total score as well. Since there isn't any money riding on the game, accumulating a high score for the ladder is about all the incentive there is to win. I personally think it goes against the spirit of the game to deliberately punt a question, but, like I said, both teams had the opportunity to grab it. If the shoe were on the other foot, I don't think I'd feel any different.

"The most obvious answer hasn't been guessed yet, RC."

"I sense you've got a gem of an answer waiting for me, Kage. Remember, the question is who is your favorite person to shop for."

"Right. Well, that would be
myself
, of course!"

"If it's up there you keep playing, and if not, the other team gets a chance at it... show me, myself, and I!

BING!
Survey Question1. Myself (54)XXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Game TotalZang & The #s Game Total
--
X X

"Number one answer! Way to go!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (isolation #37) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"
Children!
"

"dana gave this team the right answer when they needed it most... will he come through again? Show me children!"

BING!
Who is your favorite person to shop for?2. Children (22)XXXXXXXXX
--
X X

"dana does it again! One more answer left... either the first win of the game, or a chance for Zang and The #s to take the round... Stay tuned!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Oh, man, the pressure is really on. What about
grandparents
?"

"For the first win in Mafia Family Feud, is it grandparents?"

[X]
--
X X X

"Ouch! It's not there. horrordude, get your team together for the final answer of the first match here. Depending on how many people chose the last answer, it could force a tiebreaker situation or possibly give you a victory! What do you say?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Go with nieces/nephews! Or maybe siblings..."

"What do you say, horrordude?"

"Okay, well, I've been thinking it over. The best answer is probably
siblings
."

"For the steal, Zang and the #s need to see brother and sister on the board. If not, the DMHGKS family will win the round... show me siblings!"

[X]
--
84 (x3) = 252
X X X

"Ohhhh! Sorry, horrordude. It was a pleasure playing with you, and we hope to see your family again."

"Congratulations to DMHGKS, and what a game they played! Now, will someone please reveal that last answer? It's got to be some sort of trick answer we're not thinking of..."

--
4. Grandchildren (7)
XXXXXXXXX
X X X

"Ah, that understandable. There's bound to be a few grandmas and grandpas out there who answered our survey."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

If anyone wants to make any substitutions or anything, go ahead and do it now. If DMHGKS wants to play again, then I'd like the next game to be between them and the Rainbow family. If not, then we'll bring back Zang & The #s.

I'd like to start a new game tomorrow, so let me know what's up.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:08 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, shoot, I completely forgot about that. Yeah, let me get a new question lined up for you guys. We'll probably start the new match on Tuesday or Wednesday then.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Which version did y'all want to try for? Single, double, or triple points?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

KageLord wrote:Are we allowed to discuss answers with each other before submitting them here?
Yes, of course. Make sure to make it clear when anyone from the team is submitting an answer.
Bolding
it works best. Anyone may submit as many answers as they like during this.

"We're going for double, RC... that seems like the best bet for us."

"Okay! The round will stop when one of three things happens: Either you sweep the board, you hit two strikes, or you run out of time. There will be two strikes with the double round. It's most important that you give your answers in the order with which you'd like them to count. It's probably best you give your comfortable answers first... here comes the question!"

A person who always happens to call when dinner's ready...

Survey Question1. ___________5. ___________DMHGKS Game Total-- Game Total
A person who always happens to call when dinner's ready...2. ___________6. ___________
--
--
Current Point Total3. ___________XXXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike Total-- Strike Total
--
4. ___________XXXXXXXXXXXX

"24 hours from this post... anddddd.... GO!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hmmm, maybe I wasn't clear enough. Y'all don't have to go in order. Anyone can answer as many times as they'd like.

Given the website problems we had this afternoon, let's just scrap the answers and scrap the question and give y'all a new one.

So, like we were saying, you can talk it out, but ultimately you want to make sure you have a bunch of answers in before the deadline. If KageLord submits them all, that's fine, if you go back and forth, that's fine, you know, however y'all want to do it.

Example Final Round
KageLord
: Okay guys, I'm thinking we need to focus on people who would call often. The one I'm thinking is most obvious is telemarketer, but relatives is also a great guess. What do y'all think?

RC, our first guest will be
telemarketer
, and our second guess is
Mom/Dad

I thought about just saying family member but that might be too broad...

SharkFinn
: What do you guys think about a boss? Or a co-worker? I get called into the office sometimes at dinner. I don't know if we should guess this next though.

mallowgeno
: I agree with both of you. Next guess is
sibling
, and the guess after that is
boss/co-worker

danakillsu
: Agh! Boss won't be up there... mallow, I have a better answer! Oh well, glad we have two strikes. Next guess is
Neighbor

KageLord
: Nice! I didn't think about neighbors. Okay... we're running low on time. If no one else has anything else I'm going to just throw up everything else I can think of.

danakillsu
: How about Friends?

KageLord
: Okay, I'm finishing up. RC: next guesses in order are
Friends
Auto-Dialers
, and
Cousins
. Sorry guys, I can't think of anything else... I hope this is good enough.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

By the way, here were the answers:

1. Telemarketer (42)
2. Mom/Dad (25)
3. Friend/Neighbor (14)
4. In-Law (6)
5. Bill Collector (3)
6. Son/Daughter (3)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Errr... Johnny? Johnny, can we stop the clock and give this family another question? I don't think the rules were clear enough"

*inaudible*

"What do you mean unprecedented? It's our first show, for cryin' out loud!"

*inaudible, producers deliberating amongst themselves... one gives a thumbs up*

"Yeah, that's right. You see what kind of power I have around here, Kage?"

"You're the best, RC!"

"Okay, so take two. Everyone can participate and shout out as many answers as you want. Remember that answers will be counted in the order they are received, so you want to make sure you strike a balance between throwing too many answers up and being too picky about what you say. If the answer is too broad or not specific enough, I'm just going to skip it and move to the next one. Here's your new question."

As a child, what did you have nightmares about?

Survey Question1. ___________5. ___________DMHGKS Game Total-- Game Total
As a child, what did you have nightmares about?2. ___________6. ___________
--
--
--

"24 hours from this post... anddddd.... GO!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Okay, that's it! Time's up! By my calculations, I've got five answers here."

"What about mine?"

"Sorry Shark, I'm guessing those weren't officially submitted, so we're skipping over those. I hope they weren't up there. Let's see what you've got!"

"Monsters ...
BING!

Being Chased ...
BING!

Bugs ... ... ... Judges? ... ... ...
[X]

Falling ...
BING!

Clowns ...
[X]
"

Survey Question1. Monsters/Ogres (43)5. Being Chased (4)DMHGKS Game Total-- Game Total
As a child, what did you have nightmares about?2. Falling (9)6. ___________
--
--
56 (x2) = 112
X X

"Hey, that didn't work out too bad, guys! 112 points added to your total score and you get to be returning champs! Let's see what else was up there, because I thought for sure clowns would be one of the top responses..."

Survey Question1. Monsters/Ogres (43)5. Being Chased (4)DMHGKS Game Total-- Game Total
As a child, what did you have nightmares about?2. Falling (9)6.
Losing Parents (4)
--
--
Current Point Total3.
Getting Lost (5)
XXXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike Total-- Strike Total
Snakes (5)
XXXXXXXXXXXX
X X

"Ah, ok. Well, next time on Mafia Family Feud DMHGKS will be back to square off against the Rainbow Family... Goodbye, everybody!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'll start the next game on Thursday afternoon (US Time). Let me make sure the Rainbow family is good to go.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (isolation #49) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, that's fine. I think bhayitgoyal was having some computer problems. Guppy, did you want to join that family?

Also Blackberry confirmed, so I'll get it setup in about 8 hours, give or take.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Sorry guys, I was trying to get on earlier but I kept getting forum errors.

Welcome back to Mafia Family Feud! Today we have returning champs the Dana and Mallow Have a Goal of Kaging a Shark family versus newcomers the Rainbow family!

Y'all know the rules... so Blackberry and KageLord... get on up here! Ready?

What's something that women leave all over the bathroom?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #51) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!
Survey Question1. ____________5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
What's something that women leave all over the bathroom?2. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXX
--
--
Current Point Total3. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalRainbow Strike Total
4. Hair (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Oh! Three answers will beat it, Blackberry!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:37 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!
Survey Question1. ____________5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
What's something that women leave all over the bathroom?2. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXX
--
--
Current Point Total3. Bra/Underwear (18)XXXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalRainbow Strike Total
4. Hair (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Alright, it's up there! Did you want to play or pass?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 am

Post by RedCoyote »

You know, in the American television show (which is mostly how I'm trying to base the game) they always talk to each other about playing or passing, so I think that should be fine. As long as you're the one to make the final decision.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (isolation #54) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Also, real quick, I'm changing the rules slightly for passing. I had thought if you passed it you were basically done with the question, but actually that would present problems with how the points are tallied (and it's not how it's done on the show). If anyone decides to pass a question, the other team is forced control, but if they get three strikes the team that passed still must get one of the remaining answers.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #55) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

KageLord wrote:lol I think they just pretend to. They love yelling "Play! Play! Play!". And plus, if they play, they get more opportunities for "Good answer! Good answer!" XD
Yeah, you're probably right. The teams on the show actually very, very rarely ever passed the questions, which I always thought was a strategic error. It's kind of like Wheel of Fortune. Did you know in Wheel of Fortune during the final round where Pat spins the wheel and all consonants give whatever price he lands on that you can give as many answers as you want? Everyone always gets a letter and then they'll give one answer, but you can answer multiple times. I saw that on an episode one time.

Also (one final thing) Guppy is coming in despite the game having already started (since this was talked about before the game started).
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #56) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:55 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Roger that, Captain Berry. Your squad can fire when ready.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (isolation #57) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Alright Cybele, you say you've got two possible answers?"

"That's right. One's a little more risky, but I think I'll go for it.
Bath Products
. Shampoos, conditioners, loofahs..."

"Alright, I think we've gotcha. Let's see bath products!"

[X]
--
--
Current Point Total3. Bra/Underwear (18)XXXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalRainbow Strike Total
4. Hair (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX
X

"Sorry. RECK, what's your answer?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #58) » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Hmmmm... How about
makeup
?"

"Of course! No female washroom would be complete without makeup!"

BING!
What's something that women leave all over the bathroom?2. Makeup (22)XXXXXXXXXXXX
--
--
4. Hair (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX
X

"And it's there!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"I've had many females live with me... so I know a thing or two about this question."

"If by many you mean ONE."

"No, I mean four! And the answer is definitely
water
."

"If water is up there you're one answer away..."

[X]
What's something that women leave all over the bathroom?2. Makeup (22)XXXXXXXXXXXX
--
--
4. Hair (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX
X X

"Ah, and I saw where you were going with that. That is the second strike, I'm afraid."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:21 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"What about... you know... the stuff girls are FORCED to use?"

"Ah, yeah. Ahem. I think I understand. If it's up there, Blackberry's got a shot at the final answer. If not, it goes up for a steal."

"I hate having to yell this, but a job's a job. Show me feminine hygiene products!

[X]
--
--
4. Hair (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX
X X X

"Darn! Going over the DMHGKS for the steal, what's the answer you have for us, guys?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"We've got a jewel of an answer here, RC. It's
towels
."

"Yeah! That's got to be it. They've got one in their hair, one on their body, and one sitting on the towel rack... how many towels does one person need? Show me towels!"

[X]
--
4. Hair (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX
X
X X X

"What?! That was a tough one. Well, congrats to the Rainbow family for getting the first points of the game. Let's see what else was up there..."

Survey Question
1. Stockings/Panty Hose (47)
5. Talcum/Bath Powder (3)
DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
--
4. Hair (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX
X
X X X

"Ah, yeah, I can see them hanging from the shower rod now."

Starting the next question in about 14-15 hours. Depends on how long I have to stay at school.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (isolation #62) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Cybele and danakillsu... time to play, gents!

Give me something that's made for your neck.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (isolation #63) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:11 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"What's that? Speak up, son; I can't hear you."

"...
necklace
."

"dana, you are about the shyest person I know when you're put in the spotlight! I'm going to get you a necklace of courage next time you're up here. Show me the necklace!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Necklace (66)5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
Give me something that's made for your neck.2. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXX
--
--
Current Point Total3. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalRainbow Strike Total
4. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Alright, now do you want to play or pass? And say it to everyone this time, for cryin' out loud!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #64) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

KageLord wrote:She didn't say that we're playing yet, mallow. >.>
This was mostly my fault. I had changed the title as though y'all were taking it. Just like the discussion we were having a few days ago... everyone always plays, lol.

"It's a
scarf
!"

"Hold on, we haven't decided if we're playing yet, mallow. What do you think, sweetie?"

"Dude! I'm a dude! I've been in your family for weeks now! ...and yes we'll play."

"Scarf it is then!"

Survey Question1. Necklace (66)5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
Give me something that's made for your neck.2. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXX
--
--
Current Point Total3. Scarf (8)XXXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalRainbow Strike Total

"And there it is!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (isolation #65) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"How about a
necktie
!"

"The piece of wardrobe that every man loathes... the necktie!"

BING!
Give me something that's made for your neck.2. Necktie (18)XXXXXXXXXXXX
--
--
Current Point Total3. Scarf (8)XXXXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalRainbow Strike Total
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (isolation #66) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"My answer was stolen!"

"You still have to come up with one. Prove your worth, Gup!"

"Okay, what about
neck brace
? Like if you get hurt or something?"

"Ah, one of the classic comedy props of all-time, the ever-important neck brace!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Necklace (66)5. Neck Brace (3)DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
--

"One more answer on the board and we go back to KageLord!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (isolation #67) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:57 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Oh boy... since we're on a mafia website, what about a
noose
?"

"Good answer, good answer!"

"A noose, huh? If it's up there, y'all will have sweeped the board without one strike. Show me noose!"

[X]
Survey Question1. Necklace (66)5. Neck Brace (3)DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
--
X

"Have you been thinking about the next answer, dana?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #68) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"A
pillow
?"

"For those long car rides or on an airplane... if neck pillow is up there then you'll take all the points. Show me neck pillow!"

[X]
--
X X

"Oh, no. Now it's crunch time and mallow's up to the plate. I hope the Rainbow family is getting ready to steal..."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (isolation #69) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"There's only one answer left mallow, what do you think it is?"

"Okay, well, a shot in the dark here, but is it a
collar
?"

"For the second round, is the last answer a collar?"

BING!
100 (x2) = 200
4. Collar (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX
X X

"Way to go, mallow!"

The next survey question will go to mallow and RECK in about 12 hours, so make sure to be on as close to that time as you can!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (isolation #70) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

It would be like a shirt collar, jmj.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 am

Post by RedCoyote »

mallow and RECKONER ...

Name a spot that is virtually impossible to remove from your clothes.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 am

Post by RedCoyote »

[X]

"RECK?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:56 am

Post by RedCoyote »

No, Reck goes next. If he doesn't get it, it goes to Shark. If Shark doesn't get it, it goes to dramonic, etc.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

[X]

"Oh, dear. SharkFinn, give us an answer, please."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Game note
: I believe, on the television version, the rules state that after the initial two players guess incorrectly, the next person, in order, to get a correct answer gets to decide on playing or passing. The way the game is structured here, I think it's more fair to let dramonic give an answer than to just give the question to Shark. This was also already setup this way in the last bullet point of the "Gaining Control" section of the rules.

BING!
Survey Question1. ___________5. ___________DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
Name a spot that is virtually impossible to remove from your clothes.2. ___________XXXXXXXXXX
Current Point Total3. Blood (14)XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalRainbow Strike Total
4. ___________XXXXXXXXXX

"dramonic, two answers will beat it. What do you say?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (isolation #76) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

[X]

"No, I'm sorry.

Shark, did you want to play or pass?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #77) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"I've got a great one that no one will guess... let 'em have it!"

"Control is passed over to the Rainbow family. Hopefully they'll find a pot of gold with this question."

"Only the grandmas know about this one, RC!
Olive oil
!"

"Show me olive oil!"

[X]
Name a spot that is virtually impossible to remove from your clothes.2. ___________XXXXXXXXXX
Current Point Total3. Blood (14)XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalRainbow Strike Total
4. ___________XXXXXXXXXX
X

"Well, I guess grandma never told anyone... Blackberry, what do you have for us?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (isolation #78) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Alright, everyone. Let's focus here. We need popular answers... like
wine
!"

"Wine!"

BING!
4. Juice/Wine (7)XXXXXXXXXX
X

"It's there! Cybele's up."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Three seconds, Cybele..."

"..."

[X]
X X

"Ouch, drew a blank. It happens to the best of us. Reck?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (isolation #80) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"
PAINT!
"

"Alright, we're looking for paint!"

BING!
Survey Question1. ___________5. Paint (4)DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
X X

"...and we found some! While it dries, we'll go over to dramonic. Come on, dram. Can you give us a top two answer?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #81) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:59 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"I guess
grease
is logical. :("

"What's wrong, dram?"

"What if I don't get it?"

"You got to have faith! Think good thoughts... think... greasy...!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Grease (37)5. Paint (4)DMHGKS Game TotalRainbow Game Total
X X

"It worked! But can Exilon close out the round?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (isolation #82) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"I'm out of ideas...
coffee
!"

"If coffee is up there, the Rainbow family will take the round... show me a cup of joe!"

[X]
X X X

"Too bad. This gives DMHGKS a chance to steal the points, but
it doesn't look like the Rainbow family will be winning this game... They were some great competitors though!
"
Last edited by RedCoyote on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (isolation #83) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Actually, I miscounted, so that was a bit premature. I did 45 times 3 rather than 62 times 3.

As a matter of fact, DMHGKS needs to get this last answer to win. :O
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:53 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Okay, so I spoke a little too quickly. It happens to hosts all the time! The Rainbow family will forgive me for tossing them out like yesterday's garbage. In reality, it looks like they're favored to win. Let's go over to the DMHGKS family."

"Hey, RC! I've got an answer that there ain't no way no how isn't up there."

"Well, listen, you're kind of in a tough spot here. Rainbow left you wit-"

"
Ink
!"

"Okay, now are you sure you want to-"

"Good answer, Kage!"

"Guys, this is for all the marb-"

"I was thinking it might be bleach."

"See, Shark has something he wants t-"

"But ink is a better answer!"

"Okay, okay. I tried. Let's see ink!"

BING!
Name a spot that is virtually impossible to remove from your clothes.2. Ink (19)XXXXXXXXXX
81 (x3) = 243
X X X

"Wow! And DMHGKS pulls the third survey out for a victory by getting the last answer! They're absolutely on fire! Well, Rainbow, I'm sorry. What a wild game it turned out to be. We hope to see you again. DMHGKS, let me know when you're ready for the final round."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:00 am

Post by RedCoyote »

If we don't get a new team sign up, then I was actually thinking we could do a match of Zang and the #'s v.s. Rainbow. That way everyone would have two games played under their belt.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (isolation #86) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Shark wrote:How about simogames:

DMHGKS v. JSPFQ
Zang and #s v. Rainbow

Everyone gets to play, someone aside from DMHGKS can win a game. :P
I think I can run two games at once. I need to PM everyone in Zang and the #'s though because I think Zang and horrordude are both frequenting the site less often. I originally wanted to do more of a tournament style play anyways.

Also y'all still need to play your final round... Kage?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (isolation #87) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fenchurch wrote:
danakillsu wrote:Jmj Shall Poke Fen's Quads?
(JSPFQ)
:D
Okay, great. I'll put y'all up with this. Let me know if you want to change it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #88) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Andrius wrote:Hey, are we taking new teams? I can try and throw one together. :S
Andrius, if you can get a team together, I'll add it. We can make a five team tournament work.

Plus Zang and the #'s might be dead anyways. I PM'd them all and haven't heard back. So you might actually just replace that team.

---
Kage wrote:Wednesday is super for me. I have finals today and tomorrow.
Do you want to go for single/double/triple? I guess I can ask y'all after I have the question out. Actually I think I'm going to do that from now on. That'll make it a little more strategic. You can choose now or during (after the question is out). Remember to choose though or I'll give you single by default.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (isolation #89) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Since we have five teams now, someone is going to be sitting out each round. Like I said earlier, I'm most worried about horrordude's team (sorry, Framm), so they'll probably sit out first (unless we get another team to join, in which case there won't be any byes during the rounds). I'll just randomize the other four into games. This is great because this is what I wanted to happen originally. It will be a single round robin style tournament, so everyone will play everyone else once. We won't start until after Thanksgiving (probably closer to the Saturday). Again, the most important piece is the lead person on your team. As long as they can keep tabs on the thread, your team should be good to go.

(Baker's CAPS is just a name I picked for you guys because you didn't put a name and I couldn't think of anything to incorporate everyone. Feel free to give me a new one).
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Okay, let's start the final round of the second game here! I hope DMHGKS is ready, here's your question. You have 24 hours from now... GO!"

What's the first thing you want when you don't feel well?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #91) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, get back to me when y'all are agreed. Maybe Vas can give us a cool Filipino word to use.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (isolation #92) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hey, it might not be until Friday when I can get back in here and post the results. 24 hours is still in effect though.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #93) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Kage wrote:Oh yeah... I had forgotten. Whining withdrawn! And we are going double, as we said before.
Yeah, what dana said. I like it as a collaborative sort of speed round, but it wouldn't be fair for any team to have to wait on me to acknowledge them.

"Alright, alright. So I heard all the answers given. This will be a double final round just like last time. Double the points, but only two strikes! Let's what your answers got the team..."

"Rest ...
BING!

Medicine ...
BING!

Food/Soup ...
BING!

Tissues ...
[X]

Bundle Up/Keep Warm ...
[X]
"

Survey Question1. Rest/Sleep (53)5. _____________DMHGKS Game Total-- Game Total
What's the first thing you want when you don't feel well?2. Medicine (14)6. _____________
Current Point Total3. Hot Soup (7)XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike Total-- Strike Total
74 (x2) = 148
4. _____________XXXXXXXXXX

"Okay, that'll definitely work! While we add that to your total score, let's see what other answers you missed."

4. TO BE LEFT ALONE [7]
5. MOM [4]
6. SYMPATHY [3]

"Interesting! Well, we'll see everyone tomorrow when we start our Mafia Family Feud tournament!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (isolation #94) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

KageLord, Blackberry, Vas, and inHim: I'll be back in 5-6 hours for the first two questions. All of the same rules apply. Please only answer for your question, although if you want to PM or IM your partners and friends about the other game's question, you are welcome to do so. I plan to run both games in this thread.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (isolation #95) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, Fenchurch, that's fine.

"Okay everyone, welcome back to another episode of Mafia Family Feud. Today we start our tournment and every family will be pitted against each other. There will be a total of five rounds. In this first round, our reigning champions, the DMHGKS family, will be facing tournament newcomers the Baker's CAPS family. This first question is for you two, KageLord and VasudeVa."

If you didn't have teeth, what could you save money on?

"And the other game will be the Rainbow family taking on the new JSPFQ family! Here is a question for inHimishallbe and Blackberry."

Every fairy tale has...?

"Now,
do not answer each other's questions
! If you do, not only will you get a strike for your own team, but you'll be helping your competitors!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (isolation #96) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:21 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!
Survey Question1. Toothpaste (35)5. _____________DMHGKS Game TotalBaker's CAPS Game Total
If you didn't have teeth, what could you save money on?2. _____________6. _____________
Current Point Total3. _____________XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalBaker's CAPS Strike Total

"It's there at number 1! Play or pass, Kage?"
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (isolation #97) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Andrius wrote:Hey RedCoyote (since both RCs are here) our team can chat privately right now, since we're not answering the Q, yes?
Yes, by all means establish communication lines with your team. The only thing that's off limits is a question your team is in control of.

"
Dental floss
, maybe?"

"Oral-B will be missing you as a customer, show me the dental floss!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Toothpaste (35)5. Dental Floss (2)DMHGKS Game TotalBaker's CAPS Game Total
If you didn't have teeth, what could you save money on?2. _____________6. _____________
Current Point Total3. _____________XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalBaker's CAPS Strike Total

"Way to go, dana. Still haven't heard back from the other game yet... but mallow is up next for this game!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (isolation #98) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Since 24 hours have passed with no response from either Rainbow or JSPFQ, we move onto Cybele and PokerFace. Perhaps they have an answer?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (isolation #99) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, uh, there are a couple of bumps in getting the tournament started, but that's okay. inHim, if you don't answer in an allotted time, it's looked upon as though you couldn't come up with an answer (although in reality you probably just hadn't gotten a chance to check the thread). You've effectively missed your opportunity at that point (after 24 hours from the question being asked), that's why I said we passed it to PokerFace and Cybele. I'll tell you what though, since both teams seem to be a little unprepared, let's just scrap that question and I'll throw up a new one in about 7 - 8 hours. I'll also go ahead and PM Blackberry/inHim as a reminder.

For the other game, I've setup the rules as such that substitutions are prohibited in the middle of a game, but I never really said anything about swapping ranks. Andrius, did you just want to flip positions with Vas?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (isolation #100) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

inHimshallibe and Blackberry... we're giving you a new question!

What's something you'd ask for a friend's recommendation on?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #101) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"How about
braces
, RC? I don't think mallow can come up with anything..."

"That's fine, because in this version of the game the team leader is allowed to jump in for a struggling player after 36 hours have passed. Show me braces!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Toothpaste (35)5. Dental Floss (2)DMHGKS Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
If you didn't have teeth, what could you save money on?2. _____________6. Braces (2)
Current Point Total3. _____________XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"KageLord still showing us why his family is the favorite in this tournament, saving the day for mallow! Next up is SharkFinn!"

"And over to the other game where inHim buzzed in immediately. What do you have for us?"

"
A place to eat
!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Restaurant/Food (41)5. _____________Rainbow Game TotalJSPFQ Game Total
What's something you'd ask for a friend's recommendation on?2. _____________6. _____________
Current Point Total3. _____________XXXXXXXXXXRainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total

"Alright! Number one answer! Play or pass, inHim?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (isolation #102) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"You know how I keep these choppers clean, RC?"

"How's that, Shark?"

"With a
toothbrush
, of course!"

"Let's see it!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Toothpaste (35)5. Dental Floss (2)DMHGKS Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
If you didn't have teeth, what could you save money on?2. _____________6. Braces (2)
Current Point Total3. _____________XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total
4. Toothbrushes (14)XXXXXXXXXX

"It's there! Two answers left and Prof. Guppy is up!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (isolation #103) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Why don't we keep this theme going with
the dentist
?"

"That seems like it would fit. Let's (not ;)) go see a dentist!"

BING!
Current Point Total3. Dental Appointments (15)XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"Woo! KageLord, do you think you can give your team the perfect sweep?"

"PokerFace, you're awfully quiet. Have you thought of anything yet?"

"...I've got it!
A movie
!"

"Mafia Family Feud Champion, staring PokerFace... is it in the cards?"

BING!
Survey Question1. Restaurant/Food (41)5. _____________Rainbow Game TotalJSPFQ Game Total
What's something you'd ask for a friend's recommendation on?2. _____________6. _____________
Current Point Total3. Movie (13)XXXXXXXXXXRainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total

"It is! Fenchurch, are you ready to go?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #104) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:38 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"I think it would have something to do with eating
solid food
?"

"That sounds logical to me. Show me solid food!"

BING!
If you didn't have teeth, what could you save money on?2. Solid Food (31)6. Braces (2)
Current Point Total3. Dental Appointments (15)XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"That's how it's done! The next question will be dana versus Tony. Both teams could use this one, so these players better get ready! I'll post it in about 20 hours, give or take."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (isolation #105) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Important question coming up for dana and Tony is...

Name an expensive nut.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (isolation #106) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"There they go,
packin’ stadiums as Shady spits his flow,
nuts they go,
macadamian
they go so ballistic whoa"

BING!
Survey Question1. ____________5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
Name an expensive nut.2. Macadamia (31)XXXXXXXXXX
Current Point Total3. ____________XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total
4. ____________XXXXXXXXXX

"That's very impressive, Tony,
You sho ain't no phony,
but you only getting two,
and that's no baloney"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #107) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

XD
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (isolation #108) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Fenchurch? Are you still gone? inHim? Anyone?"

"..."

[X]
Current Point Total3. Movie (13)XXXXXXXXXXRainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total
X
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #109) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"How about
music
, RC?"

"That's a good answer. Looking for some tunes!"

[X]
X X

"Well, I'll recommend your team the blues if you can't get the next one. quadz is up next."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (isolation #110) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:47 am

Post by RedCoyote »

@Tony - Yes, that's fine. Ultimately you make the final call for this question, but feel free to ask your team about it. Please don't say things like, "I think we should play because I can think of X, Y, and Z", but please do say things like, "I can think of at least two good answers and one semi-good answer, are y'all comfortable with playing?" "Well, I don't know, I don't really have anything, but it's up to you" etc. etc.

@PokerFace - I'm sorry; I worded that poorly. No, it's just the player and the team captain/leader only if the player cannot be reached. I actually didn't think Fenchurch would be V/LA this long, or else I would've just told inHim to pick it up right off the bat. Ideally though I don't want any team abusing this (not that I'm accusing y'all or anyone else of trying to, I'm just explaining why I set it up this way). It's just put in place to compensate for occasional lapses in contact from teammates given the nature of forum play. But, yeah, I want this to be a team game at heart, and that means living and dying by your team as a whole.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (isolation #111) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:26 am

Post by RedCoyote »

*dana motions for RC to come closer*

"Not again! Dana! You can speak to everyone! We're going to fix this impediment yet, my friend."

*whisper whisper
pistachio
whisper whisper*

"Alright, I have it. Show me pistachio!"

BING!
Survey Question1. ____________5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
Current Point Total3. Pistachio (10)XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"Awww... good try, dana. Tony, did you want to play this one or pass it off?"

"Let's go to the other game where quadz has an answer for us. Go ahead, quadz."

"How about, uh,
a significant other
?"

"Hmmm... judges?"

BING!
4. Date/Sig. Other (5)XXXXXXXXXX
X X

"Yes! We can take it. Nice work, quadz. The question goes back to inHim with three answers still up there."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #112) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Red, I had to see a
doctor
recently... but I only went to one my friend recommended!"

"If it's up there, you're one step closer to the lead in this game... doctor, doctor, give me the news!"

BING!
What's something you'd ask for a friend's recommendation on?2. Doctor (26)6. _____________
X X

"JSPFQ has a bad case of gaining points! PokerFace, do you think you can keep the ball rolling?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #113) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:53 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Tony's so funny. :D

RC#2, whenever you're ready, show us your nuts.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (isolation #114) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:06 am

Post by RedCoyote »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Andrius wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:Tony's so funny. :D

RC#2, whenever you're ready, show us your nuts.
We need RedCoyote, Robocopter87, ReaperCharle, Rosso Carne in a family together. :P

And Andycyca, Andrius. :P
We ARE in a family together. It's on the MafiaWiki page for "RC", lol.

Three guesses who made that page... ;)
Oh, wow. There's also like a RobCapone guy or something like that.

"Hmmm, what about, like, a
beer
recommendation?"

"Ah, okay. I see where you're going with that one, let's find out if beer or alcohol is up there!"

[X]
What's something you'd ask for a friend's recommendation on?2. Doctor (26)6. _____________
X X X

"Oh, no. Sorry, but it looks like Rainbow has a chance to steal the points on this one of they can get one of the two remaining answers. Talk it over and give me an answer when you are ready, Blackberry."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (isolation #115) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Come on, Reaper. Did you honestly not know? :|

Give me an answer or I'm marking it as a strike.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #116) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:28 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"RC! RC!!!! Reaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Oh, are you talking to me?"

"Yes! What's your answer?"

"How about the unique Kopi Luwak nuts?"

"Let's see if it's up there!"

[X]
Current Point Total3. Pistachio (10)XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total
X

"Ah, tough luck. Fate is next I believe..."
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #117) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Which answer do you want to make official?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (isolation #118) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Actually, yeah, now that I think about it, this is like giving two answers. Don't do this, Fate (even if it is a joke like I suspect it to be).

"Still waiting to hear back from the Rainbow family, in the mean time, let's see if Fate has an answer for us."

"Show me
pecans
, *beep*!"

"Fate, this is a family forum game! Please watch your language! And that's my line! Show m-"

BING!
4. Pecan (7)XXXXXXXXXX
X

"-e pecans! Ugh. Who's next?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (isolation #119) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Oh, I'm thinking something like a
brazilian nut
?"

"My father would always eat all the brazilian nuts out of the mixed nuts... and Planters only gives you so many. Now I'm in charge of nut distribution, and I can have all the brazilian nuts I want! Show me a brazilian nut!"

[X]
4. Pecan (7)XXXXXXXXXX
X X

"Oh, no! I thought for sure that would be up there. Andrius, can you keep your family alive here?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (isolation #120) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Blackberry, we try to be very accommodating for steals. I don't have a time limit for steals because I want the team to all have significant time to talk it over with each other. You're really pushing it though. Get an answer up or I'm calling it for JSPFQ... on the other side there's more activity going on..."

"Well, I'm betting on
almonds
. It may not be first... I just want it to be up there."

"Almonds are kind of expensive, you know."

"I know, that's what I'm betting on!"

"Well Andrius, I wish you the best of luck... Show me almonds!"

[X]
4. Pecan (7)XXXXXXXXXX
X X X

"Ack, and it looks like it goes back to, you guessed it, DMHGKS for the steal!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (isolation #121) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Blackberry, did you have any answer for us at all?"

"..."

"Alright, well, hopefully next round will be better for you. Sometimes you just draw a total blank."

[X]
X X X

"The remaining answers were..."

5. Hotel/Motel (3)
6. Dentist (2)

"Let's go to the other side and see the highly anticipated final results of the second game."

"We're ready, RC! Everyone here thinks
cashews
have to be up there!"

"Well I hope the cashews bring you the cash, Kage! Show me cashews!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Cashew (45)5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
93 (x2) = 186
4. Pecan (7)XXXXXXXXXX
X X X

"Wow! DMHGKS strikes again! P&G, don't give up hope just yet. Next comes our triple point round. By the way, what was that last answer? Anyone have a guess? I heard Hazelnut, Walnut, Coconut... is that even a nut? No one thinks it's plain ol' peanuts. I think it might be chestnuts, but lets see..."

5. Walnut (3)

"Okay, great. Now we're starting both new rounds in about 11-12 hours from this post, maybe a little less. Cybele, PokerFace, ReaperCharlie, and mallowgeno are all up at around this time, so please get ready for it!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #122) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:51 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yeah, it's pretty sad. Since the first game is over, is there anyone you want to sub in?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #123) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Now that you're here, did you want Kmd to replace Cybele?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (isolation #124) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Alright, well, I don't know Kmd. I guess you can step in for Cybele here. I hate having to make this decision, because I'd rather the family organize itself, but here we go.

PokerFace and Kmd, here's your question...

When you're walking to your house, name a sign that you may have been broken into.

RC and mallow, here's your question...

Name a place men go to get away from women.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (isolation #125) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fenchurch wrote:Do we not get a triple points round yet, we play more games first?
I've got it setup to go single point round, double point, then triple point. Usually if you win 2 out of 3 you win, but if you lose the first 2, the triple points should hopefully give you incentive to try (after all, there's really nothing beyond getting points for the scoreboard).

Also
@everyone playing
: if you didn't get to submit the first answer just PM me your answer. There's no reason to wait on me. Also if your team has control you may submit multiple answers (in rank order of course) before I log on. Just be reasonable about it (don't do more than, like, three or four).
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (isolation #126) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Alright, let's start with you, RC."

"Sure thing, RC! What about
man cave
?"

"Hmmm... could you elaborate on that?"

"Like someone would setup in a garage or a basement to bring friends over. Sometimes it would have a TV, pool table, or bar, etc."

"I think we can accept that, yeah, okay, yeah, let's see if it's up there!"

[X]

"Ah, sorry, mallow gets a free swing at it. I guess we'll be waiting longer because no one reads my damn rules... *ahem*, I mean, uh, because there was a slight confusion over when answers should be submitted, we'll be extending the time a little bit."

"Now let's go over to the other team, PokerFace rang in early. What do you say for your question?"

"What's the first thing that stops you in your tracks? A
broken door
! That has to be it!"

"That would definitely be a sign! Let's see broken door!"

BING!
Survey Question1. ___________5. ___________Rainbow Game TotalJSPFQ Game Total
When you're walking to your house, name a sign that you may have been broken into.2. ___________6. ___________
Current Point Total3. ___________XXXXXXXXXXRainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total
4. Door/Lock Broken (3)XXXXXXXXXX

"Number 4 answer! Kmd, now you've got a shot at beating it."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (isolation #127) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:48 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"mallow? mallow, we saw you were here, buddy!"

"..."

[X]

"Alright, since neither side got it, let's go to the next two players for answers... Shark and Fate!"

"I think I've got it... a
broken window
!"

"You break you buy it!"

"I don't see how that applies..."

"Uh, er, just show us broken windows!"

BING!
When you're walking to your house, name a sign that you may have been broken into.2. Window Broken (22)6. ___________
Current Point Total3. ___________XXXXXXXXXXRainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total

"It scores higher than PokerFace's! Kmd, do you want to play or pass this question?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (isolation #128) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Taking advantage of the PM system to be safe, although he didn't need to, Shark buzzes in for the first answer!"

*whisper whisper*

"Show me
sports bar
!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Bar/Sports Bar (35)5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
Name a place men go to get away from women.2. ____________XXXXXXXXXX
Current Point Total3. ____________XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"Can't do better than that, Shark! Do you want to give this question a try or would you like to pass?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (isolation #129) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Fate wrote:Can I change teams >_>

/traitor
Well the game already started, so you're going to be on this team until the end of this question. What you do afterwards is up to you.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (isolation #130) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

PM me next time if you are unsure. You were slated to give your answer on Thursday. I even extended the time until Friday evening because Kmd was confused.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (isolation #131) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"We're going to play this one!"

"Okay, Prof. Guppy, did you have an answer for us?"

"Yes!
A men's restroom
."

"Oh, that's clever! I would've never thought of that. I wonder how many people would have..."

[X]
Survey Question1. Bar/Sports Bar (35)5. ____________DMHGKS Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
X

"Ah, it happens. Nice guess though. Back to you, Kage."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (isolation #132) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

ReaperCharlie wrote:So they get to answer two days late, but we don't? :(
Kmd answered broken windows on Friday at about noon, I was waiting from him to decide if he wanted to play or pass. That decision is not subject to a deadline in case you want to speak with your team about playing or passing.

"...
pass
, I think..."

"You sound unsure?"

"Well, I feel weird making the call for the team I just joined, you know?"

"Yes, I do know. Well, perhaps you can inject new life into the Rainbow family. Over to KageLord where him and his family have been on a roll, what do you say?"

"I was shocked there were no response for restroom, but what about a
sporting event
?"

"Sometimes you want to catch a game with the guys, that sounds like a good answer to me. Show me sporting event!"

[X]
X X

"Well, don't ever count out DMHGKS. This team really likes to pull through in the clutch, and dana especially always seems to get this team an answer!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (isolation #133) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Going with a
door left open
, RC!"

"Fenchurch's debut answer, show me door left open!"

BING!
Survey Question1. Door Open (64)5. ___________Rainbow Game TotalJSPFQ Game Total
When you're walking to your house, name a sign that you may have been broken into.2. Window Broken (22)6. ___________

"Alright! Nice one! Who's next for the JSPFQ family?"

"...and back to dana we go to try and keep this round alive for him, what is his answer?"

"A place I always go is to
a friends house
!"

"That actually sounds like a good answer to me, all of the answers you guys have given so far have sounded good... but it's not up to me! Show me friend's house!"

[X]
X X X

"Well, that's a third strike and P&G get a chance to steal this one!"
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (isolation #134) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

jmj3000 wrote:If Red is using the steal rules like on the show, the steal answer doesn't add its points I don't believe. Speaking of, where is he?
SharkFinn wrote:No no no. based on the TV show, the steal answer point value is nil (probably because you get all the points that the other team earned)
Aren't you two saying the same thing? Or is Shark just saying, like, "No no no. You're right."

If that's the case then I wasn't paying close enough attention to the show, but it works both ways so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. If either team steals it they'll get the steal point answer. Sure, DMHGKS looks pretty substantial, but that's because they've played in more games than anyone else. That plus KageLord and everyone has generally been on top of the game. mallow dropped the ball once, but other than that I don't think they've gotten a strike for inactivity or anything. I don't do prods or anything for this because I want to keep it as quick as possible without being unreasonable.

And jmj, you don't have to wait for me if you're next up unless y'all are in a two strike situation or something.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (isolation #135) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Also it's not letting me edit the first post, so jmj is up and Playas and Gangstaz get a shot a stealing (mostly for the added points it'll give them, because it doesn't look like they'll be able to win this first finished game of the tournament. Don't fret though, there are four rounds to go after this.)

EDIT: Also, also please note my V/LA times. This will obviously affect this game, and I'm telling you people ahead of time because I don't intend to stop this game if we're in the middle of a question or something. Whoever is currently answering will probably get longer than usual.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #136) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, gandalf can come in after Playaz and Gangstaz gives me an answer. Andrius, are you going with Tony's answer?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #137) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"What if the
house is ransacked
?"

"You mean, like, torn apart and trashed inside, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. Like a criminal tornado ran through."

"Let's see ransacked!"

[X]
Survey Question1. Door Open (64)5. ___________Rainbow Game TotalJSPFQ Game Total
X

"Sorry, but it's not up there."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (isolation #138) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, apparently this is an issue with several different people according to the Help! forums. Whenever I try to edit my original post, I get the white page that says the website is not available.
I cannot update the first post at the moment. I will continue to try it, but now everyone, (especially the Family leaders) need to pay closer attention to the thread itself.
I will not prod people everytime their turn comes up, so keep tabs on the game, please. quadz is up to play and Andrius needs to give me P&G's answer.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (isolation #139) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"What if the
lights are on
?"

"A burglar would need to see what he's doing, after all. Show me the lights!

BING!
Current Point Total3. Lights On (4)XXXXXXXXXXRainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total
X

"Great job. We move back up to our number one player, inHim!"

"Okay, Andrius PM'd me to let me know that Tony's answer was the one the team was going to go with. Show me work place/office!"

[X]
35 (x3) = 105
X X X
X

"Ouch! That's got to hurt. We have to see the other answers on the board for the one that stumped both of these families..."

2. Men's Club/Strip Club 18
3. Gym 11
4. Fishing 10
5. Golf Course 10

"All very good answers. This was a tough one. P&G is thinking about restructuring its team. Andrius has asked if Faraday would like to replace Fate, who we're sorry to see go. They may consider shuffling the team as well. You guys talk it out while we get ready for DMHGKS' third trip to the final round!"
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (isolation #140) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, I can edit the first post now. It turns out the issue is if the post has too much text, it won't go through. Even if I am editting a post prior to this issue, it still won't work. I don't think it works in mafia games either, so watch out wall posters! KageLord, I probably won't start the final round until I get back to a computer.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (isolation #141) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:06 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"ADT is calling your cell phone because your
alarm is going off
!"

"I'm not scared, inHim will beat up anyone in the house! Show me the alarm!"

[X]
Current Point Total3. Lights On (4)XXXXXXXXXXRainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total
X X

"Second strike... what do you say, PokerFace?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (isolation #142) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:55 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"It's all up to you Poke-"

"You're strolling down the sidewalk, see? You're minding your own business. Suddenly, a siren in the distance, then you see the reflections of the red and blue lights. Were one of your neighbors broken into? No, the
police are in front of your house
!"

"Gripping story, but let's see if it's up there!"

[X]
X X X

"No! Rainbow, now is your time to shine... can you steal this question?"

"DMHGKS, I'll get your question ready within 24 hours, so please be ready to play for it."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (isolation #143) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Exilon wrote:RC: Can any member of Rainbow answer or only the leader?
Yes, only the leader may officially answer, but everyone may collaborate.
Fate wrote:So we have no chance to win eh?
No, you guys already lost this game. Only the winners participate in the final round.

"DMHGKS family, here is your question!"

Name something that's a lot of trouble to take care of.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (isolation #144) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:48 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Because you told us you wanted to switch families. Neither me nor Andrius were sure if you were joking or not. Reaper stepped down and found himself a replacement.

Additionally, the tournament is still going on. You guys will be playing Zang and the #'s during the next game if they're still interested.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #145) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Blackberry, I'm assuming you're getting kind of tired of keeping up with the game, right? I tell you what, I hate to dictate control like this, but I feel like there are some families being managed well and some not so much. I'm thinking Blackberry is busy with his own stuff, so maybe we could reorganize the Rainbow family? Reckoner, Kmd, Faraday, dramonic, Exilon, perhaps? Get back with me if this works for you, Reck.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (isolation #146) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Time's up! Let's see, it looks like you have five answers here, Kage. I'm going based on the bolded first and then that second list you gave me. Let's see those answers!"

"Child ...
BING!

Pet ...
BING!

Lawn ...
BING!

House ...
[X]

Car ...
BING!
"

Survey Question1. Pet/Animal (48)5. Car (5)DMHGKS Game Total-- Game Total
Name something that's a lot of trouble to take care of.2. Children (19)XXXXXXXXXX
Current Point Total3. Lawn/Garden (9)XXXXXXXXXXDMHGKS Strike Total-- Strike Total
81 (x2) = 162

"And you went for double points again, which has brought you good luck in the past... a total of 162 will be added to your score! What was number 4?"

4. Hair (7)

"Okay! Well that's the end of this round for these two families, but we still have one more game taking place on the other side. The Rainbow family is still trying to think up of a good answer to steal... this could mean the game for them, after all."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #677 (isolation #147) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"We're going to be blunt about it.
You see the burglar in your house
!"

"For the double point round, will we see the burglar?"

[X]
93 (x2) = 186
X
X X X

"No!! The JSPFQ family takes the second game as well. The triple point round will be next though, so RECK and Fenchurch need to get ready! I'll ask the question in about 10 hours. In the meantime, let's show the other answers that stumped both families..."

5. Door Unlocked 2
6. Window Open 2
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (isolation #148) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Reck wrote:Why does the topic say Fenchurch vs. me if there's no question up yet...
RC wrote:
RECK and Fenchurch need to get ready! I'll ask the question in about 10 hours.

"Patience, RECK! Here it is..."

When you hear a bell ringing, something is usually happening. What might it be?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #149) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!
When you hear a bell ringing, something is usually happening. What might it be?2. ___________6. ___________
Current Point Total3. ___________7. ___________Rainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total
4. Fire Alarm (14)XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Can you beat that, RECK?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (isolation #150) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

[X]
When you hear a bell ringing, something is usually happening. What might it be?2. ___________6. ___________
Current Point Total3. ___________7. ___________Rainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total

"Fenchurch, do you want to play this one or give it to the Rainbow family?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (isolation #151) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Whenever you're ready, jmj."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #152) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

That's including Faraday. We've got 3/5 for the Zang and the #'s family, I was just trying to find two more.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (isolation #153) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"When guests arrive at your doorstep...
when someone's at the door
, you get that ol' familiar ring."

"How poetic, jmj. Let's see if you're right!"

BING!
When you hear a bell ringing, something is usually happening. What might it be?2. ___________6. Doorbell Ringing (8)

"Wonderful! quadz?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (isolation #154) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"
School's Out!
"

BING!
When you hear a bell ringing, something is usually happening. What might it be?2. ___________6. Doorbell Ringing (8)
Current Point Total3. School/Class (16)7. ___________Rainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total

"Nice!"
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (isolation #155) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Me 606 wrote:EDIT: Also, also please note my V/LA times. This will obviously affect this game, and I'm telling you people ahead of time because I don't intend to stop this game if we're in the middle of a question or something. Whoever is currently answering will probably get longer than usual.
I'm back now though.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (isolation #156) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"...and we're back from our extended commercial break."

"A clock ringing, um,
during the top of the hour
!"

"Show me the time!"

[X]
Current Point Total3. School/Class (16)7. ___________Rainbow Strike TotalJSPFQ Strike Total
X

"Darn. Who's next up?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #157) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"I'm so amped for this question... I just want to keep answering all of them!

"Well, what's your best answer?"

"Let's try a
dinner bell
, something to let you know that food is ready."

[X]
X X

"Hmmm, maybe one of your other ones may be up there. Fenchurch, can you keep your family in the game?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (isolation #158) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"There's nothing more lovely than the chime of
wedding bells
in town!"

"If it's up there, you guys keep going, but if not, Rainbow has a chance to steal... Show me wedding bells!

BING!
When you hear a bell ringing, something is usually happening. What might it be?2. Wedding/Church Bells (16)6. Doorbell Ringing (8)
X X

"Ring-a-ding, it's there!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (isolation #159) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"The pressure is really on, RC... what about
winning a jackpot
?"

"Like a casino, right?"

"I was thinking more like getting the answer right on Mafia Family Feud? :D"

"Haha! Well, I wish you luck! Show me the jackpot!"

[X]
When you hear a bell ringing, something is usually happening. What might it be?2. Wedding/Church Bells (16)6. Doorbell Ringing (8)
X X X

"No, and that's a third strike! Rainbow's turn to go ahead and try to take it. By my calculations it doesn't look like they'll be able to steal the game entirely, but if they do get these points they'll definitely be able to widen the gap between your rivals. What do you guys say?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (isolation #160) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Our little ol' website just ain't big enough for the demands of Mafia Family Feud. I'd rush Rainbow along, but I'd really like to get that last person signed up.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (isolation #161) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:22 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Well Andrius, I think most people are here (although some are more active than others). There's still one open slot on Zang and the #'s team. I PM'd a couple of people, but neither of them has gotten back with me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (isolation #162) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, chesskid says he'll play. I ordered the family by the date they came to the thread, so let me know if y'all want to change the order.

Blackberry, submit an answer before New Years because you're holding everything up.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (isolation #163) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:32 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"We're going with
an angel gets its wings
!"

"It's a wonderful answer! Show me wings...!"

[X]
54 (x3) = 162
X
X X X

"No! Darn, I guess this survey just had a bunch of scrooges on it. JSPFQ gets the whole bundle and the final round where everyone in the family plays. Now, if telephone isn't up there, I'm going to go crazy. I had to bite my tongue that no one guessed this (although PokerFace whispered it to me after they struck out)."

1. Phone Ringing (24)
5. Burglar Alarm (8)
7. Alarm Clock (4)

"JSPFQ, please get ready because I'll be starting your question tomorrow. This is a chance for you to make some serious points! Check out the second post in the thread if you need to refresh yourself on the rules. Remember that everyone can play at the same time in this round."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (isolation #164) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

gandalf wrote:TELEPHONES DONT HAVE BELLS. IT ISNT THE GODDAMN 50S.
Not all of us are 14, gandalf. :P

"JSPFQ, here we go"

Name something that's full of hot air.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (isolation #165) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

mr.rogers wrote:ok hang on sec red can we get some more time and or can you tell me what points this is for.
I don't think I'll extend the time, but of course if you're having trouble with your main account you are welcome to post with your alt.

There are three different ways you can play this final round. You can play it like a normal round where you have three strikes and you get as many points as you earn (if you come up with a lot of different, and more longshot, answers, this may be your best bet), like a double point round where you have two strikes but you get double the points at the end of the round (this is a more middle-of-the-road choice, and the path that DMHGKS has chosen everytime they've won), or you can go for a triple point round where you stop on the very first strike (if you think you have a few solid answers, this will net you the most points by far).
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (isolation #166) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ah, sorry. I forgot I had my answers on my home PC. The suspense will have to last for a few more hours.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #167) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Faraday wrote:also like the name zang and the numbers!
It was cuter when everyone on the team except for Zang had numbers in their names.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (isolation #168) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Finally a group that's not afraid to give more than a couple of answers! And you're going for double points? Well, let's see how it turned out for y'all..."

"Hot-Air Balloon...
BING!

Blimp ...
[X]

Politicans ...
BING!

Kettle ...
[X]

Survey Question1. _____________5. _____________JSPFQ Game Total-- Game Total
Name something that's full of hot air.2. Hot-Air Balloon (16)6. _____________
Current Point Total3. Politicians (8)7. _____________JSPFQ Strike Total-- Strike Total
24 (x2) = 48
X X

"I see. Hey, it could've been worse. Let's check out the remaining answers."

1.) Balloon (57)
4.) Spouse/Mate (6)
5.) Oven (3)
6.) Boiler (2)
7.) Furnace/Duct (2)

"Wow, a lot of literal answers there at the end. Okay, that's great. Tomorrow starts of the second round of the tournament! Let's check out the schedule to see who is playing who next. It'll be P&G versus the new (and improved?) Zang and the #'s, DMHGKS versus Rainbow in a rematch from earlier in the season, and JSPFQ will be sitting out this round. Good luck to all the teams, and I hope all the team leaders will be ready. I'll try to throw the questions out there about 24 hours from this post."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #169) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Welcome back, everyone! In the first round of our tournament, the Playaz & Gangstaz family lost against our top family, Dana and Mallow Have a Goal of Kaging a Shark, in a sweeping defeat. On the other side, the Rainbow family took their second loss against the possible up-and-comers in the Jmj Shall Poke Fen's Quads family. During this time, the Zang and the #'s family went though some restructuring, and are ready to start in the tournament! As a reminder, it'll be P&G versus Zang and the #'s, DMHGKS versus Rainbow in a rematch from earlier in the season, and JSPFQ will be sitting out this round. Here we go!"

"Framm 18 and Andrius will be facing off with this question..."

If you won a trip to Alaska, what's an animal you'd expect to find?

"The second question goes to Blackberry and KageLord..."

Name something you may find on the set of every game show.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #170) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:48 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!

Survey Question1. ___________5. ___________Rainbow Game TotalDMHGKS Game Total
Name something you may find on the set of every game show.2. ___________6. ___________
Current Point Total3. ___________7. ___________Rainbow Strike TotalDMHGKS Strike Total
4. Podium (5)XXXXXXXXXXXX

"It's up there at number 4. Kage, can you beat it?"
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (isolation #171) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:58 am

Post by RedCoyote »

[X]

"Blackberry, play or pass?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (isolation #172) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:01 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Yup, especially if brings the question home for Papa Fate.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (isolation #173) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Start reading especially if Andrius gets the question and decides to play.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (isolation #174) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Be more specific."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (isolation #175) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:04 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!
Survey Question1. ____________5. ____________Zang & the #'s Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
If you won a trip to Alaska, what's an animal you'd expect to find?2. Grizzly Bear (13)6. ____________
Current Point Total3. ____________7. ____________Zang & the #'s Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total
4. ____________8. ____________

"One answer will beat it, Andrius."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (isolation #176) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!

Survey Question1. Polar Bear (48)5. ____________Zang & the #'s Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
If you won a trip to Alaska, what's an animal you'd expect to find?2. Grizzly Bear (13)6. ____________
Current Point Total3. ____________7. ____________Zang & the #'s Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"Way to go, Andrius! Do you want to play or pass?"

"You."

"Me?"

"Yeah, we need one of you, my friend!"

"What are you talking about, Kmd?"

"
A host
!"

"Of course... show me host!"

BING!

Survey Question1. Host (35)5. ___________Rainbow Game TotalDMHGKS Game Total
Name something you may find on the set of every game show.2. ___________6. ___________
Current Point Total3. ___________7. ___________Rainbow Strike TotalDMHGKS Strike Total

"Nice one, Kmd! Two number one answers from both games at the same time, wow!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #177) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"*Bzzz*"

"What are you doing, Reck?"

"I'm buzzing in!
A buzzer
!"

"Right! That's sure to be there... show me buzzer!"

BING!

Name something you may find on the set of every game show.2. ____________6. Buzzers (3)

"Nice! Keep it going!"
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (isolation #178) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Fenchurch wrote:Buzzer was actually my first thought.

I want to be playing still.
Yeah, I really wish there were an even number of teams. I could've handled three games, too.

How do the JSPFQ members handicap the two games? Will DMHGKS continue their streak? Who will get a first win between P&G and Zang and the #'s?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (isolation #179) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"What about us? You know,
contestants
?"

"That sounds like a good one to me... show me contestants!"

BING!

Name something you may find on the set of every game show.2. Contestants (28)6. Buzzers (3)

"Alright! Exilon, it's all you!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (isolation #180) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Blackberry wrote:
dramonic wrote:
contestants?
Yay, good boy.

I'll send you and Reckoner flavored condoms for your bidding! :)
Fate wrote:THIS IS A FUCKIN FAMILY SHOW ASSHOLE
There goes the ABC Family contract. :(
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (isolation #181) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Andrius wrote:We'll have to go to MTV now. :P
God help us.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #182) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"We're looking for an animal you'd find in Alaska, Tony. I hope you brushed up on your Sarah Pal-

"Luckily I watched the whole Sarah Palin special to prepare for this, RC!"

*audience laughter*

"Haha, yeah. So which animal would you say she shoo-"

"Another way to ask this question... which animals does she have on her wall? ;)"

*audience rofl*

"Er, yeah. Well, uh, that's
snow
joke!"

*audience sits quietly*

"...just give me an answer."

"What about a
moose
?"

"Let's see if we've got a moose!"

BING!

Survey Question1. Polar Bear (48)5. Moose (7)Zang & the #'s Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total

"It's there! Fate?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (isolation #183) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I was totally going to use the special in one of the lead-ups though.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (isolation #184) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Me? ME? MY TURN?"

"Yes!"

"
A wolf
."

"Let's see if we've got a wolf up there...!"

[X]

Survey Question1. Polar Bear (48)5. Moose (7)Zang & the #'s Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
X

"Ah, no, sorry. This is a big one, guys. Our first question with 8 different responses."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (isolation #185) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Crap. gandalf was supposed to go next, I think. Well, he can take your spot here and we'll put it back in order during the next go around.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (isolation #186) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:30 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"If
snow
isn't up there... I'm going to start shooting!"

"Uh, hm..."

"Agh, wait! No! That's not what I meant!"

"Well, unfortunately I have to take the first answer. Let's see if snow is up there!

[X]

X X

"Yikes. Vas, what do you say?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (isolation #187) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"What do you say, Exilon? What would be on the set of every game show?"

"
Cameras
to film the action."

"Alright, can we see some cameras?"

[X]

Name something you may find on the set of every game show.2. Contestants (28)6. Buzzers (3)
X

"Nope, nope. Blackberry, it comes back to you. Have you been thinking up some possible answers?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #188) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Why do you even go on game shows?"

"Because you're out of work?"

"No, it's the
prizes
! It's all about the prizes."

"Let's see if we can give you some points as a prize..."

[X]

X X

"Oh, no! A second strike for Rainbow. I hope the DMHGKS and Zang and the #'s are thinking up some possible answers..."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (isolation #189) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I liked the girls on that third video, especially the second girl.

That alligator one is a classic though, lol.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (isolation #190) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"I've got an answer, I'm just not sure exactly what to call it."

"Hit me with it."

"I say
the board thingy with all the lights and doohickeys
."

"Okay, okay. Like the scoreboard or the game board. I got ya, let's see if at least two people said the same thing..."

[X]

X X X

"A third strike! Oh, brother. When you let KageLord and friends have a chance, you're just asking for trouble. DMHGKS family, the question goes over to you."

"Let's go over to the other side and see if P&G's luck has turned around."

"I don't give casual answers, RC."

"Let's hear it, Vas. I know you're on the opposite side of the world, but hopefully you've still got a good guess."

"No items. Only Fox. Ice Climbers Stage."

"I see..."

"My guess is
fox
, heh."

"Alright, let's go with it!"

[X]

X X X

"Another set of triple strikes! Now Zang and the #'s get to flex their muscles. Framm, talk this one out and give me an answer to try and steal the points!"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (isolation #191) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"Let's head to the sea where we find a cute little
seal
!"

"Good answer, guys. Let's see if seal was one of the answers..."

BING!

Survey Question1. Poalr Bear (48)5. Moose (7)Zang & the #'s Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
4. Seal (8_8. ____________

"It's there! Zang and the #'s gets on the scoreboard for the first time. Will this be a sign of things to come? I'm going to hold off a little bit to start the next round, hopefully so I can start both games simultaneously. Zang and Tony will be fighting for control though. Stay tuned, this should be an good match-up. Anyways, what other animals did were have on the survey?"

3. Whale (10)
6. Sled Dog (5)
7. Penguin (4)
8. Caribou (2)

"Okay, okay. I heard caribou and whale from a couple of the teams. I think I heard dogs mentioned as well, so y'all knew some of these already."
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #192) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 am

Post by RedCoyote »

"We'll, we're going to go ahead and try
lights
."

"Kind of broad... can we accept that? Okay, okay. I'm getting the thumbs up from my producer, let's see if it's up there."

BING!

Current Point Total3. Lights (11)7. ___________Rainbow Strike TotalDMHGKS Strike Total
X X X

"It's there! Nicely done! And the champs just keep rollin' on. What else was there?"

5. Announcer (4)
7. Microphones (3)

"I'm going to start the next round about twelve hours from now, maybe a little less. Everyone who's ranked second should be ready for it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (isolation #193) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"Welcome back! dana and Kmd, I know y'all are probably real excited to get started. Have you shaken hands? Okay. I wish good luck to you both, and I have your question here."

Name something that keeps you up past your regular bedtime.

"While we wait for that game to get started, I know Zang and Tony are just as excited to get going themselves. Good luck."

What's something you'd see lying on the sand at the beach?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (isolation #194) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Important game announcement
: Since most of the survey questions I'm using are close to, if not more than, 40 years old, I've decided to collect my own survey for the sole purpose of this game. If I get enough respondents, I'll probably end up using some of the questions for the game. The link to the survey is in the first post of the thread. I ask that, if you are playing in the game (or if you wish to do so in the future), that you do not click the link (and if you do, certainly do not fill out the survey). You all know how heavily the game relies on the honor system. Just like I ask that you don't talk with one another about questions your team currently has, I ask the same about not looking over the survey. That said, I want to let everyone in the game know that this is happening so that someone who doesn't want to cheat doesn't stumble upon it unknowingly.

I mean, I could lock the survey down with a password protection and all that, but I don't think those are hoops I, nor the potential respondents, should have to jump through. Of course any results I get will be kept private though.

Any survey question I should happen to use based on my own results will be noted as such if it is used at some point in the future.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (isolation #195) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!

Survey Question1. ___________5. ____________Zang & the #'s Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
What's something you see lying on the sand at the beach.2. Shells (33)XXXXXXXXXXXX
Current Point Total3. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXXZang & the #'s Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"One answer will beat it, Zang."
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (isolation #196) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

BING!

Survey Question1. People (36)5. ____________Zang & the #'s Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
What's something you see lying on the sand at the beach.2. Shells (33)XXXXXXXXXXXX
Current Point Total3. ____________XXXXXXXXXXXXZang & the #'s Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"Great job, Zang. Did you want to play this one?"

BING!

Survey Question1. ___________5. ___________Rainbow Game TotalDMHGKS Game Total
Name something that keeps you up past your regular bedtime.2. ___________XXXXXXXXXXXX
Current Point Total3. Party (5)XXXXXXXXXXXXRainbow Strike TotalDMHGKS Strike Total

"Okay. Kmd, can you do better?"
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (isolation #197) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 am

Post by RedCoyote »

TonyMontana wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:
Important game announcement
: Since most of the survey questions I'm using are close to, if not more than, 40 years old, I've decided to collect my own survey for the sole purpose of this game.
First off, this explains alot. 40 years ago there were no wolves in Alaska, and Snow was roaming the tundra.

Secondly, as a 24 year old I'm not sure i can relate to surveytakers who are prolly dead by now, but I don't know if I trust internet volunteers either. -.-
Yeah, I've been meaning to do this since gandalf's observation about the telephones. Unfortunately I don't really have as good of access to more recent surveys (which is why I'm trying this out).

Secondly, lucky for you this is just an Internet game that's being played for fun. In other words, don't let it keep you up at night, Tony. XD
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (isolation #198) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

chesskid3 wrote:how do we know what order we go in?
Yeah, it's on the first post like Kage mentioned.

If you don't like the order then feel free to talk it over with your team. I set your family up by the order with which you joined the game, but I also prefer if the individual families take control of their own players, rank, and discussion whenever they need to. In other words, I want my hands in as little of the game as possible while keeping it running smoothly.
Andius wrote:RC, I can tell you which one was mine by which answes I submitted. Then you could just drop my answers. Sorry.

Reading, evidentially, is NOT tech.
Lol, it's okay. I kind of expected that might happen. Unfortunately there's little I can do to stop y'all from seeing the questions unless I password protect it and force people to contact me with the password and have e-mail verification or something and... eh, who wants to do all that? If there's to be any realistic shot of any of these being used I feel like it would have to be as simple as possible.

Anyways, let me know and I'll take your answers out.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #970 (isolation #199) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

"You need something to dry off with, right?"

"Sure, it's the beach, after all."

"How about
beach towels
?"

"How about it? Show me towels!"

BING!

Survey Question1. People (36)5. ____________Zang & the #'s Game TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Game Total
Current Point Total3. Towels (10)XXXXXXXXXXXXZang & the #'s Strike TotalPlayaz & Gangstaz Strike Total

"Faraday gave you another answer, Tragedy. What's yours?"

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”