Mini #1007 (Game Over)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: I don't think that we necessarily can get anything out of Hoopla's track targets - I don't think we'd see an investigation-type role in a game without some way for the Mafia to counter it (via Godfather or similar), so I'm not sure we can take the trackings at face value. It's fully possible that one of Hoopla's targets is "investigation" immune.
Having flicked through many Mini Normal set-ups, I can assure you, that is an obscure and very unlikely scenario - particularly considering how weak the town's power is. I think gonnano's idea is more on the right track - it's probable we're up against three goons.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:37 am

Post by redtail896 »

I agree with both gonnano and Hoopla above. If the mafia have a godfather just for our
tracker
, that's a bit excessive.

Sorry gonnano, but I'm still in favor of lynching the lover pair here, for all of the reasons above.

I feel like I should have more to say, but it should be pretty simple. We hit the lover pair and tomorrow we try to identify the other member(s).
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:51 am

Post by gonnano »

Well, if no one has anything else to say then someone should go ahead and hammer.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:41 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I'm willing to drop a hammer vote.

From reading over the last few pages, I get more of a sense that gonnano is town. And Hoopla (?) brings up an interesting point that G&H is rather quiet until it looks like he might get taken out. I'm not excited about voting for a town-read player, but I think it's the best bet if his partner has a probability of being mafia. It just seems really strange that there are PRs in the Town (albeit weaker ones) and there's nothing to counteract it on the Mafia's side. Especially given that one of the Mafia can potentially be taken out by lynching a Townie.

Now that I've typed that out, it could be that this is the attempt to balance a 3/9 setup, which is very Mafia-favored from the start. I think G&H has gotten away with participating without really participating (yes, I realize this is the pot calling the kettle black), so I'm ok with lynching gonnano only in that it will get rid of another potentially hard-to-read player at the mininmum, and potentially net a 2nd scum.

I think biggest suspect for tomorrow is KKN. CA and AGM are me is clear due to interactions with Zach. If Hoopla's scum I think the town has already lost :D Same for redtail.
gonnano wrote:I'm with redtail. Either G&H and I are both town and there is one scum left, or G&H is scum and there is one other scum. Either way it ends up in a matchup of one scum against four townies.
Assuming this is true, and we're not dealing with a G&H-Town/gonnano-Town pair with
2 scum
left (which puts us in LyLo tomorrow) I will be voting for myself to exit the game so I don't get carried over into LyLo. As I said, I think KKN is most likely scum (after G&H), but CA is possible and can't be ruled out.

I'll give everyone until later tonight (around 8 PM Eastern) to make final comments then I'll hammer. I have to teach from 2-5:30 then I have a meeting from 5:30 - 6:30, so realistically there's no way I'll be here before 8-ish.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Hoopla »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote: I think biggest suspect for tomorrow is KKN. CA and AGM are me is clear due to interactions with Zach. If Hoopla's scum I think the town has already lost :D Same for redtail.
I semi-cleared KKN, by tracking him on N2 to nobody. It half clears him if there's two goons, and I don't think it's a worthwhile risk lynching him on the off-chance he's scum who went nowhere.

Also, Vel, I wish you would try harder to avoid your (probable) mislynch - you're only damaging the town in the end if you volunteer for the noose. Having said that, I hope the town doesn't push your lynch tomorrow, regardless of what you do. Besides, if gonnano/G&H both flip town, there is an outside chance we're in lylo already tomorrow, so you MUST try and survive for the town's sake if you're town.

You can slap down a hammer on gonnano now.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:24 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I don't like the Vel AtE "kill me please, it's good for the town" show. It seems designed to generate cognitive dissonance. If you agree with it, then it's weird because you're voting for town, but if you think he's lying scum, then you have to give him what he wants (e.g., kill him). Either way, it's bleh.

But that's for tomorrow. The play for today is clearly the lovers.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Hoopla »

My dying wish is to not lynch Vel tomorrow.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:33 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

You like ConfidAnon more?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

Yes, kill him.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:35 am

Post by gonnano »

KKN is fully cleared by the investigation except for the possibility that he is investigation immune or there is another scum that isn't G&H (unlikely).

I still don't exactly buy VRK's towniness, but I don't think it will make much difference if he is lynched first or CA.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Hoopla wrote:Besides, if gonnano/G&H both flip town, there is an outside chance we're in lylo already tomorrow, so you MUST try and survive for the town's sake if you're town.

You can slap down a hammer on gonnano now.
Trust me, I won't just give in if gonnano and G&H both flip town, because you're exactly right, it's probably LyLo at that point. As I said, I'm only going to get myself out of the way if we have the "free" lynch.

VOTE: gonnano

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Lynchcount has been reached. Please don't post, I am writing the death scene.

END OF DAY VOTE COUNT

5 -
gonnano
- Hoopla, AlmasterGM, redtail896, gonnano, Vel-Rahn Koon (Lynch)

Not Voting - ConfidAnon, Good and Honest, Kid Know Nothing

As the day comes to a close, everyone is feeling worried. gonnano exlaims that he is in love.

"Oh, great. Kill them. I don't have time for this," One of you says while grabbing rope and tying a noose.

"I will go willingly," gonnano exclaims, promptly fitting the noose around his neck and hung himself.

After he had died you go and check his pockets. You find that he had a letter tucked away in his inside pocket. Yuo read it out as a group but soon have to stop from fear of death by gagging on the sickly sweet and cliche filled love letter.

gonnano - Lover - lynched Day 3

It is now the night phase. Any night actions should be sent in to me within 48 hours of this post.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Espeonage »

As the sun rises and everyone convenes in the town square things are amiss. Two of your number are absent and you all rush out to find them.

-----

A door is flung open letting light into the otherwise dark room. In te center of the room a rope hangs from the rafters, at the bottom of which is the body of Good and Honest. As usual you all search for clue's as to GnH's true identity. On the desk a letter reads;

"I'm so sorry, I never meant for this to happen, but I can't go on."

Next to the letter is a picture of the late gonanno. However just as you all start to feel sorry for him the gun in his drawer is found. Turns out that is what he was sorry for.

Good and Honest - Trecherous Lover - Killed Himself Night 3

-----

After finding Good and Honest's body the town sets out to find the other missing person. The deceased's house however is empty. As you walk across the room the texture of the floor changes. A trapdoor. You go down to the lower level to see an amazing sight. In the corner are two dead bodies. One, the mutilated corpse of Hoopla and the other a dog. Not a malicious item is in sight however. It seems Hoopla was on the side of the town.

Hoopla - Town Tracker - Night Killed Night 3

The day phase has now begun. You have two weeks from this post.
Don't @ me.
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

So, we can all agree one scum left?

G&H, I'd like to ask you a few things post game, so if you're around that'd be awesome.

Oh. And.

Vote: VRK
, sticking to what I've said yesterday. Interactions between yourself and G&H; You've softballed a few questions to him/her. Asking for previous experience, asking why it took so long for G&H to make his/her post Day 2.
So, if you want to avoid being lynched, how about you give us your HONEST opinion of the top 3 most likeliest people to be Mafia, and WHY. If you're Town, you can't be anything BUT honest, because all you know for sure is your own role and no one elses'.
Leading along a teammate? Saying "If you don't want to be lynched, you should probably start playing like this."
G & H, post NAO please. I see you!
See above. Though this on is slightly iffy.

I'm not really sure how to look at the G&H interactions between people. I'll try later tonight.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I really, really, really want to lynch VRK. I stand by the post I made before the lynch that his playstyle reeks of cognitive dissonance. However, I also like ConfidAnon lynchage, and Hoopla was pretty heavily opposed to a VRK lynch, sooo...

Fortunately, we have two lynches. I'll go check them both out again and report back.
KKN wrote:I'm not really sure how to look at the G&H interactions between people. I'll try later tonight.
I tried. It's extremely difficult. His posts are incredibly verbose and he talked about so many different topics that I couldn't really decipher anything out of them. What I do want to look for is who DEFENDED G&H. Given his playstyle, I think there would have been heavy temptation from the scumteam to try and save him with the VI-but-town defense.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I think the most likely remaining scum is KKN. I think CA is clear due to interactions with Zach, but I know others are pointing that direction. I'm all for getting me out of the game, considering that scum are going to keep me around.

KKN, your first post today is crap. Other than "leading a teammate" you have nothing, and even that is nonsense, considering that he didn't follow my advice at all. There were no softballed questions, nothing of the sort. You're making up most of that post.

Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 am

Vel, do you think that G&H would have sent in a night kill, based on the playstyle he/she plays with?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:Vel, do you think that G&H would have sent in a night kill, based on the playstyle he/she plays with?

Apathetically both day AND night? No, I don't think that's possible. It's foolish to think that Mafia would give up their main method of forwarding their win condition just to satisfy a playstyle that has most of its precepts in the Day phase.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:06 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

What's the point of the question? There has to be one more Mafia out there, or the game would be over by now.

Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:21 am

The point of the question is that G&H most likely wouldn't have voted for the NK. It'd break his playstyle, which he has been very adament on not breaking. He wouldn't even vote, unless absolutely required. Given that, wouldn't G&H likely leave the kill to their partner?

It's obvious there is another goon around, one that most likely doesn't have any immunities if we look at the game as being balanced.

G&H probably wouldn't send in a night kill. Does anyone else agree with this?

Also, what I said at the beginning of the day was a brief look at your interactions and gut feeling. My vote stands for your interactions with Zach and general lurking throughout the days.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:The point of the question is that G&H most likely wouldn't have voted for the NK. It'd break his playstyle, which he has been very adament on not breaking. He wouldn't even vote, unless absolutely required. Given that, wouldn't G&H likely leave the kill to their partner?

It's obvious there is another goon around, one that most likely doesn't have any immunities if we look at the game as being balanced.

G&H probably wouldn't send in a night kill. Does anyone else agree with this?
Again, what's the point?
Also, what I said at the beginning of the day was a brief look at your interactions and gut feeling. My vote stands for your interactions with Zach and general lurking throughout the days.
Well I can understand both, and there's nothing I can do about either as of now, but this list is nothing like what you said at the beginning of the day.

Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 am

To be fair, the first post I made did say "Sticking with what I said yesterday" right after the vote.

The point is, if G&H wouldn't send in the vote and if in your eyes, I am scum, how would that kill have gone through? I still really don't understand your case against me. From what I read yesterday, you find me scummy for my unwillingness to throw my vote around and for interactions with Zach, correct?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:20 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

The point of the question is that G&H most likely wouldn't have voted for the NK. It'd break his playstyle, which he has been very adament on not breaking. He wouldn't even vote, unless absolutely required. Given that, wouldn't G&H likely leave the kill to their partner?
I'm with VRK on this one - what is the point of this analysis? Also, whether or not it happens to be true, am I the only one that thinks this concept is kinda bizarre and that it would be extremely odd to just
think
of out of the blue? KKN bringing this up is giving off that very distinct insider information vibe.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:To be fair, the first post I made did say "Sticking with what I said yesterday" right after the vote.

The point is, if G&H wouldn't send in the vote and if in your eyes, I am scum, how would that kill have gone through? I still really don't understand your case against me. From what I read yesterday, you find me scummy for my unwillingness to throw my vote around and for interactions with Zach, correct?
I'm leaving for the day, and I'll be back to answer the last sentence tomorrow, but for now:

How in God's name does G&H not sending in a kill mean that you're NOT scum? The entire line is pointless. If there were 2 Mafia left as of yesterday, then
IT DOESN'T MATTER
if G&H wouldn't send in the NK or not, because he had a partner who would.

I'm with AGM all the way - this reeks of insider info. This says that you and G&H had a conversation either pregame, N1, or N2 in which G&H said that he didn't want to send the kill because it would go against his meta. This does NOTHING to clear you, and goes a LONG, LONG WAY towards catching the last scum.

As I said, I'll go over my case on you again later. There's a big misrep in that last sentence.

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I think KKN is going off the Tracker results where he didn't visit anyone.

If the only scum remaining are GH and KKN, and GH doesn't vote, then KKN couldn't be scum because he didn't visit, and there was a kill.

I want to read some things when I have more time, but if I had to vote right now it would be for VRK.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”