Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 am

Post by Macavitar »

Thor665 wrote:Biggest scum point against Mac - laying low and not name claiming and requesting earlier and target of night kill.
Please see the AGoT game for the dangers of name-claiming. Seriously, if at some point I had said "Brienne, if you name-claim, I can town-confirm you," would anyone have not thought that that was a scummy rolefish? And wouldn't they have pretty much been right about that?
Thor665 wrote:@FLUFF AWARE PLAYERS - I'd like to see a bit more discussion about the fluff relevance of this Brienne claim thing. Is it "safe" to assume Brienne was in the game? (e.g. is it like claiming a Princess Leia in a Star Ways theme?)
I am fluff aware, but as I am obviously biased, it's not worth it to answer this question. I will comment on others' assessments if I feel it to be necessary.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:46 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Macavitar: Why did you say nothing about Brienne when Benmage mentioned something early in the game about not knowing whether or not Brienne was in the game?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:52 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Mac: Yes, I read your claim. I'm just more inclined to believe the guy who is mod confirmed...
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 5.2.

Macavitar (3) - [Hasdgfas,CSL, RichardGHP]

Not voting (6) [diddin, Macavitar, MagnaofIllusion, Thor665, Unsight, Mina]
With 9 alive 5 lynch
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Macavitar »

hasdgfas wrote:Macavitar: Why did you say nothing about Brienne when Benmage mentioned something early in the game about not knowing whether or not Brienne was in the game?
Your reference didn't mean anything to me at first, so I decided to go back and look. And now, I'm super pissed. That all happened while I was down at the beach for a day during the flurry of posts leading up to and after Richard's claim. Including:
hasdgfas wrote:Either of the two of them would make sense. And Brienne's a pretty important part of the books, I'd assume she's in the game.
And I missed it. Fuck. Thanks for making me even more frustrated with this game, hascow...

----
RichardGHP wrote:Mac: Yes, I read your claim. I'm just more inclined to believe the guy who is mod confirmed...
Do you understand how Trackers work? I have admitted that I targeted Miku last night, so hascow's result is correct and I've confirmed that, just that I didn't target him with a kill. Believing hascow and believing me are not mutually exclusive.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:24 am

Post by diddin »

The only way for Mac to be town would be if Benmage were to jailkeep either Mac or has N3. I think he's a smart enough guy to know that jailing mod-confirmed town is a bad idea, and I doubt he would go for Macavatar of all people.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:29 am

Post by diddin »

EBWOP reading the last few pages of Benmage's iso... he never said shit about Macavatar.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Unsight »

@Mina : I don't know. Could have been a gambit for all we know. In one game (off mafiascum.net), I called someone out on being scum on the last day of the game as a VT and they threw in the towel. Imagine their surprise post-game! So I try not to judge things too quickly. Still, I could hear the proverbial "You've fallen for my trap card" when Cow name-claimed.

My thoughts:

Macavitar - He's totally busted. His explanation boils down to that he just happened to be visiting the victim on the night of his death. I don't buy that at all.

MagnaOfIllusion - Since Macavitar is all but guaranteed to be the last Lannister and I don't see MagnaOfIllusion being the last Greyjoy considering he put Mikujin in the pile as his only other Greyjoy suspect besides Axelrod, I'm going to pull back on my "MagnaOfIllusion is scum die die die" stuff.

Mina - In light of the possibility of MagnaOfIllusion actually being town, it seems weird to see Mina going at him so aggressively (though with 1 scum found, it's the right move to go after the last one). Also, I'm always wary of people who specifically want to claim last (as Mina has done).

Speaking of which...

2) Mina - unclaimed
4) Macavitar - Mason Recruiter
6) Unsight - Vanilla Townie
7) Thor665 - Day Vigilante
18) diddin - Vanilla Townie
19) CSL -Vanilla Townie
23) RichardGHP - Vanilla Townie
24) hasdgfas - <town investigative role>
25) MagnaOfIllusion - Vanilla Townie

Let's finish this mass claim.
Games are meant to be fun.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by diddin »

Mina should NOT claim. That way scum will have to deal with not knowing a potential PR.

has claimed Tracker by the way.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

@Mac - I know how trackers work. Your claim just seems really out there and ambiguous and unlikely.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Mina »

This is a wall, so I'm posting it in two pieces.

Mac, why didn't you leave any breadcrumbs for being a mason-finder? Even in the AGoT mini, you'd left vigilante-crumbs (albeit kind of iffy ones, TBH). I don't think implying you thought Melisandre was evil counts.
Please see the AGoT game for the dangers of name-claiming. Seriously, if at some point I had said "Brienne, if you name-claim, I can town-confirm you," would anyone have not thought that that was a scummy rolefish? And wouldn't they have pretty much been right about that?
That example is completely irrelevant. Name-claiming wasn't a disaster because it led to power roles being outed or extra information revealed (unless you count people's
reactions
to the plan). It was a disaster because
all the scum had fakeclaims, and Kinetic had only proposed the idea to distract the town from scumhunting.
Asking
one player
to claim his name in order to eliminate people from the suspect pool is not the same thing as organizing a widescale campaign that stalls the game.

In fact, if there was anything to be learned from the mini, it's that names are only tangentially related to role abilities here. So Brienne could be VT, or a tracker, or a bodyguard, or a vigilante. Asking her to claim her name is not role-fishing.

Also, your logic for
not wanting to confirm a player
--particularly after there's already a revealed cop and a semi-revealed watcher to protect--is ridiculous. The purpose of masons is to eliminate themselves from the suspect pool. That's like being a cop and not revealing your innocent investigations because you
might
have investigated a doctor and you don't want to make him a likelier NK.

========================================
Macavitar wrote:Your reference didn't mean anything to me at first, so I decided to go back and look. And now, I'm super pissed. That all happened while I was down at the beach for a day during the flurry of posts leading up to and after Richard's claim. Including:
hasdgfas wrote:Either of the two of them would make sense. And Brienne's a pretty important part of the books, I'd assume she's in the game.
And I missed it. Fuck. Thanks for making me even more frustrated with this game, hascow...
MacavityLock, since you targeted Cow
anyway
, why are you frustrated for having missed the breadcrumb? If anything, you should be frustrated for having been blocked. It makes me wonder if you're upset at yourself for having botched your claim.

==================================
I think diddin gave the best reasons for why Mac is the lynch for today. It really comes down to what the odds are for Benmage to have jailkept MacavityLock or Cow on N3 AND MacavityLock to have mason-hunted Mikujin on N4.

That said...fuck. Macavitar is starting to look
just
genuine enough to give me severe bouts of paranoia. I reread him last night and thought he was scummy (he buddied up to me and Percy, made lots of easy points, didn't seem to have that much conviction), but now I'm seeing statements from earlier that have this kind of laid-back honest vibe to them--although most of those are interacting with town and Greyjoy-players, so they might've been genuine scumhunting.

And true that claiming something that relied on Brienne being in the game was risky, particularly since the other scumteam might have had it as a fake claim. (I still maintain that Scumcavitar was stuck claiming something wacky like mason-finder or fruit vendor or two-shot flavour cop, though.)

So if you're evil, Mac, congratulations on eroding my cockiness and turning me into a jittery ball of nerves. Cow, I know my first instinct would be that any innocent explanation for Macavitar targeting Mikujin was hogwash, and I wasn't very clear, but I said that I wanted us to claim last (regardless of your investigation result last night) for a reason. Because otherwise, messes like
these
happen. :?

Now I'm coming up with paranoid conspiracy theories involving diddin or Unsight being the last Lannister and Thor being an evil Greyjoy-aligned dayvig.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by CSL »

Speaking of paranoia, I'm shaking in it.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mina »

Gah, I accidentally scrolled away from the second half of the huge post I'd been working on.

Unsight, it should've been obvious why I wanted to claim last (or second-to-last). I'd already claimed to Cow in the QT. So if I'd claimed NK Immune Miller Vig, Cow would've come forward had someone counter-claimed me today. Meanwhile, scum have to be more cautious with their claim if I go after them.
diddin wrote:Mina should NOT claim. That way scum will have to deal with not knowing a potential PR.
diddin, how do you know I'm not scum?

My
name
is Bran Stark. I dunno, do people agree with diddin that I shouldn't roleclaim? I mean, obviously, it's better for the town if one innocent-aligned player's role remains a mystery. But if anyone is worried that I'll pull a fakeclaim out of my ass later and coast to victory because Cow isn't there to debunk it, I'll claim something today.

===========================================
Unsight wrote:MagnaOfIllusion - Since Macavitar is all but guaranteed to be the last Lannister and I don't see MagnaOfIllusion being the last Greyjoy considering he put Mikujin in the pile as his only other Greyjoy suspect besides Axelrod, I'm going to pull back on my "MagnaOfIllusion is scum die die die" stuff.
After the hardcore distancing all the Greyjoys have done this game, I dunno if I'd go that far. After all, MoI followed up on putting Mikujin in his Greyjoy pool of interest by listing him at "Minimal" suspicion of being a Greyjoy after his reread.
Thor665 wrote:Mina's reaction to MoI's defense of Mac is interesting - there's something odd going on amongst them. MoI's defense feels honest enough to me and I think he made a good point or two - Mina's aggressive attack against him is odd because it's not like there are scum pairs left out there, we're really looking at two solo scum, so why get so itchy about someone defending someone else?
Obviously, I don't think they're scumbuddies. But MoI is behaving exactly how I'd expected the last Greyjoy to act. If we mislynch today, tomorrow is a 4-1-1. If we lynch correctly, tomorrow is a 7-1, and the last Greyjoy is screwed by process of elimination. Therefore, he needs the Lannister alive. His confidence in Macavitar's innocence seems disproportionate to the relatively weak reasons he gave in his defence, and I don't believe it's sincere.

Mind you, I'm wavering on this hypothesis. Firstly, other players have expressed doubts on Mac. Secondly, a scum player might not want to stick his neck out if he'll need to fight an uphill battle in endgame. And the last Greyjoy might not know if MacLock is a Lannister or a mason-hunter.

Unsight's reactions are actually sitting kind of badly, as well. "He happened to be visiting the nightkill target" is a plausible excuse for why a townie would be there. His reasoning has not gelled with mine all game.

Also, please stop giving me paranoid evil-dayvig conspiracy theories.

==================================

I'm not sure why people dislike that I'm putting pressure on MagnaofIllusion.

From my POV, the only Greyjoy candidates if ML is a Lannister are Magna, CSL, and Unsight. I've mentioned I noticed a couple of Greyjoy tells from MoI (I'll point them out tomorrow, since I'm exhausted now). And maybe it's just xvart's and Percy's flips and the catch on MacLock, but I'm starting to sour on reasonable, intelligent players who don't ooze townishness from every pore.

And also, I believe there's something dodgy about his role claim. I want him to confirm that he's not lying about his role, and would have no reason to lie as town.

Anyway, haven't you all noticed by now that I throw around melodramatic statements like "Thank you for claiming scum, Locke Lamora" and "I'm 80% sure that Cow is a Lannister"
that always blow up in my face
like candy?

=================================================
Thor665 wrote:@FLUFF AWARE PLAYERS - I'd like to see a bit more discussion about the fluff relevance of this Brienne claim thing. Is it "safe" to assume Brienne was in the game? (e.g. is it like claiming a Princess Leia in a Star Ways theme?)
In all fairness, it's more like claiming an R2D2...or even a Wedge Antilles.

Brienne is a fairly memorable secondary character who is first introduced in
A Clash of Kings
, and has a POV later in the series. Catelyn is sent as Robb's messenger to Renly's camp (Renly is a rival to Stannis Baratheon and Joffrey Lannister for the Iron Throne). While there, she meets Brienne (one of Renly's kingsguards). Brienne and Catelyn are the sole witnesses to Renly's murder at the hands of an evil spirit sent by Melisandre. Since Renly's retinue thinks the two women were responsible for the assassination, Brienne flees with Catelyn back to her castle, and becomes her knight until the end of the book. So mason-hunting is a bit of a stretch, as Catelyn never seeks out Brienne. Finding a friendly face in unfamiliar territory
might
work...although Catelyn didn't know Brienne before they ran into each other. Brienne is sent on a journey at the beginning of the sequel...but again, Catelyn never seeks her out.

If I were listing twenty-six characters from
A Clash of Kings
who weren't Lannister- or Greyjoy-aligned, then Brienne would almost certainly make my list, but she's also one of my favourites, so I may be biased.
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by Macavitar »

RichardGHP wrote:@Mac - I know how trackers work. Your claim just seems really out there and ambiguous and unlikely.
How is it "out there"? How is it "ambiguous"? I doubt I can do anything about "unlikely" though, if that's your opinion.
Mina wrote:Mac, why didn't you leave any breadcrumbs for being a mason-finder? Even in the AGoT mini, you'd left vigilante-crumbs (albeit kind of iffy ones, TBH). I don't think implying you thought Melisandre was evil counts.
If you're not counting Meli, then no, not this time. I came to the conclusion after AGoT that I wasn't particularly good at crumbing without being either way too obscure or way too obvious.
Mina wrote:In fact, if there was anything to be learned from the mini, it's that names are only tangentially related to role abilities here. So Brienne could be VT, or a tracker, or a bodyguard, or a vigilante. Asking her to claim her name is not role-fishing.
What if the scum knew something about Brienne that they could use? What if the scum knew something about the person searching for Brienne? I maintain that not name-fishing was the right play. If you disagree, fine.
Mina wrote:MacavityLock, since you targeted Cow
anyway
, why are you frustrated for having missed the breadcrumb? If anything, you should be frustrated for having been blocked. It makes me wonder if you're upset at yourself for having botched your claim.
I was already pissed that I got blocked. I'm now even more pissed that I missed such an obvious breadcrumb that I could have used on Night 1, thus sparing us all of this ridiculousness.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

I mean, a mason who is suppsed to find one person in a large playerlist? Maybe I'm just too narrow or simple minded to accept and acknowledge the likelihood of that possibility. I mean, no normal person will just think "coincidence" when someone has been tracked to a corpse.

Gah.

Unvote
while I try to make sense out of this hopeless labyrinth of roles.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 5.3.

Macavitar (2) - [Hasdgfas, CSL]

Not voting (6) [diddin, Macavitar, MagnaofIllusion, Thor665, Unsight, Mina, RichardGHP]
With 9 alive 5 lynch

In other News I'm going to be without Internet Access from Thursday untill Sunday. Seacore's also gone and got married (how inconvenient:P) so this means SpyreX will be in charge of the game. He'll have access to this account so you probably won't even notice the difference.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Richard
– Other than Mac who do you suspect as possible Lannisters or Greyjoys? I’d like your Top 2 suspects for each please.
CSL wrote:That said, I need to step up my game if I'm going to live through it.
If you are Town who has just played a horrible game you needed to do this 3 Days ago.
Mac wrote:Listen, if you guys do lynch me, we'll end up in that 4-1-1 scenario tomorrow (assuming no cross-kills). That's a LYLO scenario.
No that’s not quite accurate. It’s not LYLO for a number of reasons. If from 4-1-1 if scum isn’t lynched that would leave 3-1-1. No cross kills puts the last Town in a Kingmaker scenario. But that assumes no crosskills. So a mislynch today isn’t optimal but doesn’t immediately cause LYLO the next day.
Mina wrote:Thank you so much for claiming to be the last Greyjoy, MagnaofIllusion. You're saving us a lot of trouble. I know you're screwed by process of elimination if we lynch MacavityLock today.
Yes, this is the type of case I was looking forward to defending against :roll:
Mina wrote:If Mikujin is a Watcher, then killing Locke guarantees that you lose the game tomorrow. Mikujin had obviously watched Locke on N3, and would watch him again on N4.
So you are saying that Miku would be watching Locke to make sure that he saw his own partner kill Locke on the off chance of a doubled up kill would net the other scum?
Mina wrote:And killing a confirmed player would've been an even worse move. Mikujin won't be any less dead on N5. That would give Locke not one, but two extra investigations. The watcher had to die, especially since the Lannister roleblocker was dead.
If the Lannisters were afraid of Locke they would have killed him last Night. A name cop is a death sentence to scum with both Godfathers dead. You are stating the a weak information role (Watcher) was more deadly to the last Lannister than a strong information role (Name Cop). I disagree wholeheartedly.

The lack of attack on Locke by the Lannisters clearly indicates the last Lannister didn’t have any fear of being Name Copped.
Mina wrote:So is that your plan if ML is lynched today, Magna? Lynch CSL and Unsight, then leave me and Richard until LYLO and try to get one of us to lynch the other. You may just have a chance.
My plan? Well my plan is to lynch the remaining scum. Glad you decided to post what amounts to far-fetched nonsense in an a further back-handed attempt to smear me.

When you have all these ‘tells’ and are read to post them so I can actually make an argument against facts instead of innuendo I’m ready.
Mina wrote:MoI, now is your last chance to change your story. Is there any reason--ANY reason at all--why you'd lie as town about your role?
I’ve given you the truth. If you don’t believe it that’s fine. I expect the uncleared Innocents are going to be run through via lynch or via Daykill (if Thor has any remaining) at endgame once there is only 1 scum-team left.
Mina wrote:When you saw Cow's first "Hey, guys! Macavitar is scum. Fullclaim, please!" what did you think Cow's role was? What information did you think Cow had?
I thought he had some sort of weak information role. One that wasn’t 100% assured of accuracy. Otherwise he wouldn’t have bothered requesting the claim.
Cow wrote:I kinda have issues with that, as we have the Kingsguard, which is another night talk group. Seems like a lot of night talking.
I understand your line of thinking but based on the revealed set-up I have to disagree. Town appears to have redundancies in most major role areas.

Vig – Thor (Daykill), Budja (Assassin, whatever that was) and JVW (Triggered Vengeful)
Information – Locke (Name Cop) and Cow (Tracker)
Protection – Axel (Doc) and Benmage (Jailkeeper)
Night Talk – LMP (Mass Neighborizor) and Mac (Masonizer) ?

The dichotomy between the Kingsguard (mass QT with alignment not confirmed) and Mac’s claimed role (single Mason group with confirmed alignment upon activiation) seems plausible to me.
diddin wrote:Oh god Macavatar is already going into AtE territory. Once Unsight/MoI post I am voting.
Quite eager to lynch Mac I see.

I’m not sold that Mac is the last Lannister as I have explained before. His claim is so specific and would be such a gamble that I don’t see him going that way, even if he gets Mod assistance as Mina has suggested. For me the last Lannister is either diddin or Mina, as shown by my partnership analysis yesterday. I also think the last Greyjoy is in the same place my vote has been for the majority of the last Two days – Unsight.

VOTE: Unsight
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Mina »

There's lots that makes me itch about MagnaofIllusion's most recent post, but first I'll point out this whammy.
I’ve given you the truth. If you don’t believe it that’s fine. I expect the uncleared Innocents are going to be run through via lynch or via Daykill (if Thor has any remaining) at endgame once there is only 1 scum-team left.
Thank you, MagnaofIllusion.

Day One.

I've been meaning to call you on this since
Day One

Here you are. ISOs 13 and 14. MagnaofIllusion's reactions to CMAR's two-shot BP claim.
I have every reason to believe that is a completely bullshit claim CMAR.

Is that all your PM says about your Bulletproof ability?

Answer carefully.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
DripHydra wrote:And then there's whatever magna has.
I wanted to see if he would offer up the following bit of information –
CMAR wrote:And that I WILL be informed if an attempt on my life is made.
Without it I would be 100% he was making crap up. As it stands I'm not really convinced based on the timing and other issues. And his lovely "I'm so sorry" post.
Cow can confirm that I've been concocting elaborate theories involving Magna being a SK or being a BP Greyjoy (and being the role on the Greyjoys that replaced the roleblocker on the Lannisters, since I'd thought Mikujin was town).

It looks like you were planning to set up a roleclaim (or thought that CMAR was a BP SK or BP member of the other scumteam), but ended up abandoning it after CMAR flipped town.

I'm now expecting MacLock (or someone else) to flip Lannister *insert-minor-weak-protective-role.*

By the way, no one make poor Cow write
yet another
paraphrase...but Magna, ask him if he thinks there's even the slightest chance that I'm scum. As wrong as my suspicions were, I think I'm really, really obviously town in the Kingsguard QT. Far more so than I am in the game thread.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'm fine asking the dense questions;

@Cow, read on Mina?

I've been town on her all game until her vitriolic attack on MoI, so I'd love a bit of reassurance.

@Mina - it sounds like you're advancing Macavitar - Lannister and MoI - Greyjoy, am I getting that correct?

@Richard - I'm liking the little spurt of activity we're actually getting out of you. What are your thoughts on the final two scum? What's your read on the MoI/Mina interaction. We are now officially at the time where more silence from you will make me call you repeated hurtful names in endgame.

@Macavitar - thanks for the link to another game. But *specifically* what did you see as the negative to requesting a Brienne claim? What would scum have done to screw town over?
Also, what are your thoughts about that roleblock/jailing/whatever that happened to you the night you investigated Has? Who do you think did it, to whom, and why? I'm tending to agree that it's a stretch to believe so would love to hear a story told I can sink some teeth into.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Thor665 wrote:@Cow, read on Mina?

I've been town on her all game until her vitriolic attack on MoI, so I'd love a bit of reassurance.
She's either town or really, really, really good at pretending she is.
Although I've been getting a touch paranoid lately, that's because I always do late in games.
I'm about 95% certain she's town.

The one thing I'm certain of is that she's not going to claim today, nor be lynched today.
diddin wrote:The only way for Mac to be town would be if Benmage were to jailkeep either Mac or has N3. I think he's a smart enough guy to know that jailing mod-confirmed town is a bad idea, and I doubt he would go for Macavatar of all people.
You're missing one incredibly obvious other option. Remember who died Night 3? Xvart, Lannister Roleblocker.

Also, to someone who remembers that section of the book better than I:
Did Catelyn Stark
ever
know about Melisandre? I can't remember her ever getting that information.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:25 am

Post by RichardGHP »

MoI: I can give you scumreads, but they won't be team-specific because I'm just not that guy.

Rereading the last few pages today - hopefully this will amount to a real content-laden post!

@hascow: Why would xvart have any motivation to block Mac?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Mina »

(EBWOPreview: I'll respond to Thor in a bit.)

Magna, any response to Mac's calling you on going from "No one put anyone at more than four votes!" to "Let me put Axelrod to L-1"? I mean, considering you think he's town and all, he probably deserves an answer.

Also, didn't you say on D4 that you thought diddin
wasn't
a Lannister (for the same reason you'd thought MacavityLock wasn't one--you didn't believe all four of them were on the Richard mob)?
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Mina wrote:So is that your plan if ML is lynched today, Magna? Lynch CSL and Unsight, then leave me and Richard until LYLO and try to get one of us to lynch the other. You may just have a chance.
My plan? Well my plan is to lynch the remaining scum. Glad you decided to post what amounts to far-fetched nonsense in an a further back-handed attempt to smear me.

When you have all these ‘tells’ and are read to post them so I can actually make an argument against facts instead of innuendo I’m ready.
Yes, I was being a teensy bit hyperbolic, and I know that my gut sucks (after all, I'd thought Cow's reaction on D3 looked scummy too)...but the tone for this is all wrong. All, all wrong. Come on. "Smearing you"?

Now that I've gone from "Game over, scum caught" to "oh shit, did MacavityLock just decide to play his role in the worst possible way?", I'm planning to do a bit of partnership analysis later. Most of your Day One posts were eaten. I see you'd unvoted Mikujin on D1, but I can't even find why you'd voted him in the first place. I'll need to check the archives and see your early interactions with Percy, Miku, and.

But tells aren't damning. Tells are little things that niggle at me, that suggest you aren't seeing the game from the POV of an uninformed minority, or conclusions that shouldn't be obvious to someone without extra information (like Percy knowing that the julienvonwolfe kill wasn't his own).

I already mentioned that you and Percy came to the same conclusion about Greyjoys being early on the dana wagon. Now that Mikujin has flipped, it turns out it wasn't an evil scheme to lead us away from the real Greyjoys, but it still smacks of too much of a coincidence...particularly you never gave a good reason for why you thought the best place to look was on the early dana wagon and not on the early SSBF wagon when both should be equivalent to a Greyjoy.

Another one is both you AND Mikujin try to push the theory that we're not in a 4-4-1 on D4.

And finally:
With both xvart and benmage flipping blocking roles (Roleblocker and JK) you think that the Greyjoys have a third blocking style role? I’m not saying it is out of the question but that seems to be a little heavily weighted IMO.
It doesn't seem like an obvious conclusion at all. I know I'd assumed the teams were symmetrical after two godfather and two goon flips. What's wrong with multiple blocking roles when one of them is town-aligned? After Mikujin's Watcher flip, I think that the scum teams are asymmetrical. So it looks like you knew the Greyjoys didn't have a roleblocker.

and this:
I think you are overthinking the flavor element of the flips. Unlike a Mini I don’t think that scum have individual kill flavors. I find it unlikely that a single Lannister or Greyjoy has made every faction kill to this point in the game.
This is starting to look more likely after the fourth poisoning and third drowning in a row.

But anyway, now you've thoughtfully given me another tell.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Mina wrote:If Mikujin is a Watcher, then killing Locke guarantees that you lose the game tomorrow. Mikujin had obviously watched Locke on N3, and would watch him again on N4.
So you are saying that Miku would be watching Locke to make sure that he saw his own partner kill Locke on the off chance of a doubled up kill would net the other scum?
Here you are. You're thinking like a Greyjoy.

See the game from the perspective of either a townie or a Lannister-aligned player, who has no idea that Mikujin is a Greyjoy.

I have no clue who Mikujin really watched last night. That's completely irrelevant to the point I was making. But do you deny that he
hadn't
watched Locke on N3, given his behaviour? Do you deny that the obvious target for a watcher, after a doctor had just died, would be the cop again on N4?

Now, imagine that you're a killer.

Who do you think the town-aligned Watcher who'd watched Locke last night is going to watch
this night
?
Mina wrote:And killing a confirmed player would've been an even worse move. Mikujin won't be any less dead on N5. That would give Locke not one, but two extra investigations. The watcher had to die, especially since the Lannister roleblocker was dead.
If the Lannisters were afraid of Locke they would have killed him last Night. A name cop is a death sentence to scum with both Godfathers dead. You are stating the a weak information role (Watcher) was more deadly to the last Lannister than a strong information role (Name Cop). I disagree wholeheartedly.

The lack of attack on Locke by the Lannisters clearly indicates the last Lannister didn’t have any fear of being Name Copped.
A Watcher is a ridiculously overpowered role in the hands of town. In fact, there are MD topics protesting that the role should be banned because it doesn't involve any scumhunting. (You just park yourself on a claimed cop or obvtownie and automatically catch scum.)

But you're missing my point.

I'm sure the last Lannister was really annoyed to have left Locke alive. He was probably crossing his fingers that the Greyjoys had a roleblocker or would do his dirty work for him.

But letting Locke live (assuming that he wouldn't investigate Thor, Richard, Cow, diddin, or even Mikujin) gives him a one in five chance of catching you, a two in five chance of catching a Greyjoy (assuming you don't think
Mikujin
is a Greyjoy), and a two in five chance of clearing a suspect.

BUT IF THE WATCHER SEES THAT YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON WHO TARGETS LOCKE ON THE NIGHT LOCKE DIES, YOU LOSE! GAME OVER! NO HOPE!

Yes, leaving the cop alive would suck. But if you're the last member of your faction and you kill Locke, who is being watched,
you guarantee that you lose the game

Yes, I know this is just proving that I'd have killed Mikujin had I been a Lannister--and I
would
have. But I think any reasonable person who'd caught Mikujin would have behaved the same way.

diddin, MacavityLock, CSL, Richard, MoI, Thor, and Unsight.

Answer this honestly. Did you figure out that Mikujin was a watcher (and not some other "weak" information role) on D3? Maybe I'm biased, because I knew about the tracker, so he had to be the watcher by process of elimination. But come on. "I've been keeping an eye on a few people"?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

My thought was watcher or tracker. It was a fairly explicit claim.
Macavitar
Macavitar
Goon
Macavitar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:13 am

Post by Macavitar »

Thor665 wrote:@Macavitar - thanks for the link to another game. But *specifically* what did you see as the negative to requesting a Brienne claim? What would scum have done to screw town over?
I given you as much specifics as I can. I thought people could find it to be a scummy question, and I thought maybe the scum could use the info to their advantage. How the heck do I know what powers/info the scum have?
Thor665 wrote:Also, what are your thoughts about that roleblock/jailing/whatever that happened to you the night you investigated Has? Who do you think did it, to whom, and why? I'm tending to agree that it's a stretch to believe so would love to hear a story told I can sink some teeth into.
Me getting JKed by Benmage on N3 is most likely, but as for why, you'd have to ask a dead man. He and I (ML) did butt heads in a previous game. And now looking back, check his isos 129, 131, and 135 during Day 3, when he and the Baltar half of the hydra had a tiff about buddying with Percy.

----

Mina, good catch on the Bulletproof stuff from Magna. Another great tell in what is growing to be a good size list of them.

----
Mina wrote:Answer this honestly. Did you figure out that Mikujin was a watcher (and not some other "weak" information role) on D3? Maybe I'm biased, because I knew about the tracker, so he had to be the watcher by process of elimination. But come on. "I've been keeping an eye on a few people"?
Obviously not this exact, but something like 60% Watcher, 30% Tracker, 5% Some weird investigative variant, 5% scum gambitting espousing info that they didn't really have.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:29 am

Post by CSL »

@ Mina: That statement meant, to me anyways, that he was scum trying to be town, and got killed for it. If this does not make sense, I'll try to re-word it.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O