Mini 1041: Wheel of Fortune Mafia (Game over!)

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Not random voting.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Xite91 wrote:Happy scumday grumpy, why won't you random vote? :(
Two things:

First, it's Gu
pp
y, not Gru
mp
y.

Second, I never random vote. This is how I get discussion started.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

@ yabbaguy, I choose not to random vote, because I know it goes against the mafiascum grain. People usually jump on me about that. They think this minor bucking of tradition is a scumtell. These people are either inexperienced, or scum themselves.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Oman wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:Not random voting.
Vote The good Prof. Guppy

How's that working out for you :P
Quite well, actually. My scumdar just got a blip when I pointed it in your direction.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

yabbaguy wrote:Asperger's actually. There's a degree of obsessive qualities related to it, but nah, it ain't OCD. And I just hate the look of Yabbaguy. It just has to be the lowercase y or it looks stupid.

Charlie, you're obviously a Mystery Wedge; your softclaim is too blatantly obvious for an avid WoF and game show fan like me (another Asperger's aspect, seriously, practically all the game show nerds I know have a mental disability of sorts! :D ). The reason I want you to claim and the reason why I'm fishing at that claim and trying to out your partner is that I think one of you two has to be scum (i.e. you're actually Neighbors, not Masons).

To those who haven't watched Wheel of Fortune recently (rather a long span of time in this instance), there are two Mystery Wedges on the wheel. If a contestant lands on one, it initially counts as a $1000 space if they guess a letter correctly. However, then they have the chance to pick up the wedge and flip it over. One of the two wedges hides a fabulous prize (usually $10,000 nowadays), and the other hides a Bankrupt. I can't see how Bankrupt is anything other than a scum role, while the $10K is pro-Town.

If that's the case, I think Charlie O'Donnell or his partner is scum. It makes perfect sense.

Reckamonic, stop telling me to stop fishing when I'm doing it to hunt scum.
QFT. But, I would like to point out that just because someone's role is a negative aspect of the show, that does not necessarily mean they are scum. Mods can be tricksy every once in a while. While understanding the theme may help us find the mafia, it should not be used as a substitute for traditional scumhunting.

Having said that, I will go along with the "one of Charlie or FG is scum" plan...for now. But I will leave my scumdar on, and use it to double check my suspicions. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:43 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Oman wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:
Oman wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:Not random voting.
Vote The good Prof. Guppy

How's that working out for you :P
Quite well, actually. My scumdar just got a blip when I pointed it in your direction.
My "fuck you"-dar just got a.....shut up! :P
You have no idea you you're dealing with if you think for one second I can begin to shut up.

Mod: I think you have Reckamonic listed on the vote count twice.

FoS: PieMan
I would like to see some clear idea about who you think is scum in your posts.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:49 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

VOTE: PieMan

There was absolutely nothing of value in your last post. It's one thing to lurk, it's quite another to post non-game related jibber-jabber.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Xite91 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:@everyone else, not sure why no one is commenting on the fact that neither Charlie nor fakegod will comment on their alignment, it is an easy question....I am not asking anything about their role or mechanics...just their fucking alignment name...

they want us to believe that they can confirm each other, but neither can tell us what the PM says the other is..

now which is it guys,

are you two,

TOWN
TOWNIE (like the sample PM)
PRO-TOWN
OR SOMETHING ELSE?

which is it?
They don't exactly need to answer anymore because it's practically cleared up. Read and the answer shall be given to you.

if the question has been answered, then I am obviously missing it...please direct me to the quote.
Yeah, and direct me to this quote as well. This is a legitimate point, and it needs to be answered, if for no other reason than to shut CKD up so we can get back to scumhunting.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:36 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

brianj wrote:
Prof. Guppy
One of those unremarkable players whose major focus was on Charlie/FakeGod claim debacle, but answer this -_-
brianj wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:@ yabbaguy, I choose not to random vote, because I know it goes against the mafiascum grain. People usually jump on me about that. They think this minor bucking of tradition is a scumtell.
These people are either inexperienced, or scum themselves.
If your tendency not to RVS is to, as you put it, draw out scum attacks, why tell us about it immediately? Yabbaguy did ask but there was absolutely no need for you to add that last sentence in my opinion.

Don't know what to think of Charlie's post at the moment.
Honest mistake on my part. You're absolutely right, I should have kept that detail to myself. But what's done is done.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:46 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I agree with Taz. Making the town play guessing games is anti-town. However, defending someone else's scummy actions the way Xite did is equally as scummy. I don't have a lot of data on Tasky at this point, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Xite91

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

My brain is fried from all this noise. I need to reread the thread.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Okay, I just read through all of Xite's posts, and his actions overall seem to be pro-town. He's asking plenty of questions, and calling people out on things that are scummy. BUT...there is the bit about CKD. I don't believe asking a question is scummy. Dismissing a question as unimportant or as blatantly obvious is not helpful. The answer clearly wasn't obvious to him, that's why he asked. The pro-town thing to do in this situation would be to ANSWER THE QUESTION! So what I want to know is...

What is it about CKD that you find so damn scummy, Xite?

Answer satisfactorily, and I might change my vote. Fail to answer, and you are obvscum.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #12) » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:31 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

@xite, I did catch your case. But it seems to me that CKD only posted the same question umpteen times because nobody would answer it. Specifically, you dismissed his question as unimportant. The man just wanted a straight answer, and you refused to give him one. Withholding information is always anti-town. Then, you claimed his overreaction (which you caused) was a scumtell, and that we should lynch him for it. I say your manipulation of player's emotions is scummy, and we should lynch you for that.

My vote stays.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Insane Doctor is a doctor with a 50-50 shot of killing his patient.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I'm not sure about PieMan anymore. I'll have to reread the thread to reevaluate my position.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

VOTE: Pieman

After reviewing the thread, I realized he's making posts without information.

@Tasky, quit stalling and tell us why you voted yabbaguy already.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Tasky wrote:
Prof. Guppy wrote:@Tasky, quit stalling and tell us why you voted yabbaguy already.
I voted yabbaguy for fun. ok?
and now for fun I am going to vote you:
UNVOTE: VOTE: Prof. Guppy
Okay, newbie, clearly I need to explain to you how voting works.

You vote for people who you think are mafia. Then you explain to us why they are mafia, in your opinion. That way, you can convince other people to vote for them as well, so that they can be lynched. Understood?

Now, if you can give me a valid argument for why I am scum, I will try to refute it, to prove to you that I am in fact town. If you cannot give such an argument, you have no reason to be voting for me when you could be voting for scum.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:10 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Tasky wrote: Prof. Guppy:
1. assume you were someone else (town aligned). would you find this post scummy? why?
2. do you think yabbaguy is scum?
3. do you think yabbaguy thinks you are scum?
4. did you really think Xite was scum or did you just follow suite?
1. No, I don't think that post is scummy. I was pointing out something that didn't add up. I didn't believe his accusation was genuine.
2. I don't have a clear read on yabbaguy as of yet. He seems kind of distant and detached from the game. But that could be a result of any number of factors.
3. I think you are asking the wrong person that question.
4. The way I saw it, if Xite was not scum, he was a really crappy townie whose play style was more harmful than helpful. Either way, he's G2G.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:41 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Prof. Guppy

Self-hammer to stop discussion flat.
Go scum!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”