Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hi everyone, will be catching up and posting my thoughts in the next 24 hours.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Right, that was quite a lot to read through, so I'll avoid posting a super-wall and just go with my main thoughts:

unvote

dana: yes, my avatar was Bender from Futurama before. I believe we played together in Nik's Fire & Ice Mafia.

I believe Richard's claim and ability, as the flavour fits pretty damn perfectly. I'm not at all convinced it's pro-town, as this is a prime game for multiple scum factions. I also really disliked his 'so me pointing out one tiny little thing is scumhunting' response; I thought it was a very scummy attempt to excuse himself having a dig at Mina for what was actually a joke post.

Vez has basically spent most of the game either being completely nonsensical or voting for whoever appears to be a popular choice at the time. The problem is, he's been so baffling and consistently devoid of genuine analysis that it's impossible to tell if he's actually scummy.

Kleedrac does seem genuinely angry at the pressure but to counter Raivann, why can't scum be genuinely angry? I'd wager it's not the first time DGB has brought that kind of reaction out of scum. He certainly seems frustrated at the way we play around here, but I don't see how that's indicative of alignment. Scum don't like getting lynched either. His response to Drippereth in 354 is pretty scrambled as he manages to go from accepting responsibility for looking scummy to counter-attacking Drippereth with the feeble accusation that they're attacking too many people. Reads more like panicky scum to me, although it could be a townie a bit confused by how mafia's played here.

I find that Unsight has been picking up on scummy things that I agree with, but does not appear to be following up on players at all. Mina picked up on a similar thing here - it seems a bit like he/she? is spotting one scummy thing, declaring that player to be scum and then moving on. The lack of content doesn't help this, obviously, but I find the apparent lack of desire to question players or follow up on initial suspicion to be scummy.

Vote: Unsight

I'd back a lynch on any of the above, but Unsight seems to me to be the most likely scum trying to coast, firing off some good points but not backing it up with genuine interest in the players they're attacking.

Also, Mina gives me the best pro-town vibes thus far, so I'm going to:

Raise: Mina

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Unsight wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:I find that Unsight has been picking up on scummy things that I agree with, but does not appear to be following up on players at all. Mina picked up on a similar thing here - it seems a bit like he/she? is spotting one scummy thing, declaring that player to be scum and then moving on. The lack of content doesn't help this, obviously, but I find the apparent lack of desire to question players or follow up on initial suspicion to be scummy.

Vote: Unsight

I'd back a lynch on any of the above, but Unsight seems to me to be the most likely scum trying to coast, firing off some good points but not backing it up with genuine interest in the players they're attacking.
"does not appear to be following up on players at all"
"I find the apparent lack of desire to question players or follow up on initial suspicion to be scummy"
"not backing it up with genuine interest in the players they're attacking"

My original vote for SSBF was based on the idea that SSBF was defending him by attacking Eliball (uncharacteristic of his ISO) and later reinforced by MacavityLock's odd treatment of him. These aren't things that SSBF can explain away to my satisfaction. It was and still is true that if RichardGHP flips scum, it's pretty likely they all will. However, RichardGHP's claim is very believable and his play so far has been consistent with his play in Mafia 110 even to the point of almost being lynched and claiming Day 1. That rules out scum buddying scum but not scum buddying town. It also leaves MacavityLock's odd treatment of SSBF. To this point MacavityLock is still slinging mud at SSBF asking people to convince him but without following it up with a vote. Again, this isn't something SSBF can explain away and MacavityLock isn't going to come out and say "Gee folks, I sure am distancing pretty hard."

I wasn't being quiet because I was coasting or lacked "genuine interest," I was very interested. I just wasn't shouting out questions as the information was already being provided by MacavityLock. There's also the fact that RichardGHP was a terrific wagon I didn't have a strong read on prior to the claim with a potentially informative scumflip--made it better to let the wagon run its course while I looked at the people on the wagon.

I'm doing more reading than writing but I'm definitely not disinterested nor coasting. If you have questions, ask away.

"I find that Unsight has been picking up on scummy things that I agree with"

Thanks for this at least.
It's all very well to say you haven't been doing these things but, unsurprisingly, I can't read your mind. All I get to see is you saying 'that's scummy!' and then going quiet for a while until you spot someone else doing something scummy.

In any case, as you asked so nicely, I'd like to know what you think of the two main trends right now, namely:
1. The Kleedrac lynch
2. Percy for Hand of the King

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Dana: what's your reasoning for Kleedrac hurting us more if he's scum than Raivann? Your post only seems to have the reason that Kleedrac isn't posting any more. Is that it?

Raivann: so do you still think Kleedrac's frustration is legitimate townie or not?

Drippereth: I think people are voting Raivann because of his awful 180 on Kleedrac. I take it you don't think this is scummy?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Unvote; Vote: Raivann

Totally inadequate justification of any of his stances, basically admits he voted Kleedrac because other people told him to and doesn't appear to have substance behind any of his opinions.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Sorry, no internet access last weekend. Will be catching up asap.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Unvote; Vote: CMAR

Raivann is scummy as hell but clearly not going to happen. I still think Richard's claim has no bearing on his alignment, other than being aligned with Renly. I particularly don't get this:
Unsight wrote: I also think scum would be very reluctant to shoot Richard. That's win/win to me. We get a vengeance kill or a confirmed townie for the game.
So if Richard is part of another scum faction, but scum are reluctant to kill him, how does that provide us with a confirmed townie?

Vezo, why are you posting with a different account?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Yep, I'm here, just been moving this week so a bit pressed for time. Will catch up as soon as possible.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Everyone's pointed out plenty of damning statements by dana and SSBF, but why hasn't there been much talk about Macavity? As far as I can see, this is all he has to say about the Raivann wagon:
MacavityLock wrote:
Mina wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I'm not particularly enamored of the Raiv wagon.
MacavityLock, you've played with Raivann before. Do you think this behaviour is characteristic for him?
Played with him only the once, but yeah, his current play does kind of remind me of his Day 3 (?) implosion that got him lynched in AGoT mini. I don't think his play is the most helpful for town, but I think I see some town tells there, and so to my mind there are better suspects.
He later pushes the CMAR wagon when talking about viable wagons and avoids the topic of the Raivann wagon altogether.

Vote: MacavityLock

What town tells did you see, Mac?

Also, Kinetic is scum. Discuss.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

MacavityLock wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:What town tells did you see, Mac?
First, let me link you to the AGoT game I was referring to. Specifically, examine the Mar 20-24 time period. In that game, both Raiv and I were town, but I very much thought he was scum. I was wrong. His play in this game reminded me a lot of that Mar 20-24 implosion.

Second, I saw the same thing that DethHydra did in that Raiv's string of 3 posts here was very likely a town tell. In that first post, scum don't generally offer thenselves up for lynch like that. (Unless, of course, he named two scum-buddies in dana and Richard, in which case he just gave up two of his scum-buddies.) The second post is not only a mea culpa, but also is a post declaring his apathy. And the last is just so out of the blue going in a different direction that it's ridiculous. I generally think that scum try to be more careful than that.

On another note, that third post was
Raivann wrote:Super smash goes out of his way to appear townie which makes him scummy.

FoS:SupersmashBrosfan
which I think strengthens the SSBF case.
First of all, I was in that game too (although as Sansa, I was week and feeble and didn't offer anything useful) and I did think back to it when Raivann started playing terribly. Then I thought 'hey, this is just a good excuse for Raivann to play terribly and not get lynched'. As you point out, that was a very time-specific implosion in the first game. It's not as though it's his town meta. This is basically starting down the road of Raivann's playing too badly to be scum...

...which continues in your second point. Scum might not usually offer themselves up for lynch, although I think it's pretty common in an AtE-way. The general impression that I get of your read here is not that Raivann has done anything pro-town in the slightest, but that he's failing so spectacularly to be careful scum, there's no way he could actually be scum.

Given your reference back to the first ASOIAF game, I'm curious as to why you didn't ask Mina (or myself, although it looks like you just forgot I was in that game, understandably!) more about her Raivann vote, given that she was in that game too. If you thought it was so similar to his implosion there, why weren't you more interested in her motives here when you knew that she witnessed the same implosion?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:47 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

LynchMePls wrote:It was time to get a lynch, and people were unconvinced by my Richard-CMAR-Axelrod case (which makes sense, because as we know now I was clearly wrong).
Surely that only makes sense to the scum, who probably knew you were wrong. People thought you were wrong but they didn't have the information we have now, so how does it make sense that they were unconvinced then? It makes sense that people are unconvinced by a poor case. I don't understand how this makes sense to you if you thought it was a good case.
LynchMePls wrote: I "work" with Drippereth only in the sense that we're both town and we're both hunting scum.
And you know this how?

Dana's claim makes sense, but as multiple people have pointed out, so did Raivann's. The worst thing about Dana for me is the fact that he maintains he thought Raivann was super-scummy all along, when he quite clearly tries to dissuade people from the Raivann lynch and calls the mess-up a null-tell. It's quite a while after his attempt to sway people to the Kleedrac wagon before he actually says he'd be 'just as down for a Raivann lynch'. He basically keeps his options open for switching to Raivann the whole time without ever really addressing Raivann's horrendously scummy play. I'm up for a Dana lynch but I think we need to hear from everyone on this claim, particularly our Hand.

Still watching Macavity. I want to hear the Kinetic replacement's thoughts on pretty much everyone.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Sorry for the lack of activity, I'm teaching for the first time tomorrow so I've got to make sure I'm ready for that! Will catch up tonight if I can, after my class tomorrow if not.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I did not stab CSL.

Mina's AtE is horribly scummy. It bothers me that a good player is playing down their scumhunting skills, particularly in the middle of D2.

Vezo's claim is perplexing no matter which way you look at it. There is potential there for a scumbuddy telling him that he's made a big mistake and trying to correct it, but I don't see why they wouldn't just let his next-in-line claim stay out there and bus him if necessary. Getting him to attempt a retraction is a sure-fire way to attract votes, so I really don't see the point from either perspective.

Drippereth gets scummier and scummier.

I'm happy with a Dana lynch. I'll won't put him at L-1 just yet, I'd like to ask our Kinetic replacement a question first.

Diddin: what's your read on Drippereth and MacavityLock?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Putting Vezo at L-8 with 30 hours to go? This is a viable wagon?

Magna: I stabbed Kinetic.

Diddin: so why exactly did you read town on Macavity earlier? It's not as though him avoiding the Raivann wagon is a new event.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

What does everyone else think of Percy being put forward? He does have two votes, after all.

Mikujin: we can't wait, the alignment reveal gets posted with the lynch scene.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

No, thank you, Mina. You too, Rifka.

Percy: I have information that indicates you're anti-town. I'd like a claim now to see if there's any other possible explanation for what I know.

Thor: I would advise you hold off from vigging anyone until this plays out.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Diddin, I want a claim from you asap.

Everyone else: bear with me, all will become clear soon.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Because, like Percy, I have information on you, this time from N1. If that wasn't apparent from my play you weren't paying much attention D2. I've become more concerned about that information because of something else that happened more recently. I'd also rather you claimed before I reveal exactly what I know about Percy, as if you're scum, you might then adapt your claim to fit around what you think my information tells me.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Good enough for me. If you'd claimed something other than Sandor I would have gone after you. As it is I'm dubious because Joffrey turned out to be scum but we can deal with that later.

So, reveal time. I'm Littlefinger. My information tells me a player's role name. I claimed very vaguely because wanted to see if Percy found it necessary to safeclaim, which I suspected he almost certainly would. I was warned that some characters can deceive me, which makes sense with both godfathers dead.

Percy is not Melisandre. Percy is Asha Greyjoy.

Thor, you up for a vig?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Incidentally, once Percy flips scum, I suggest we take a much closer look at Mina and Rifka. There's also the matter of whether we think the Hound is likely to be innocent-aligned, but Diddin at least told the truth about who he was, which encourages me a little.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm pretty sure that Sandor actually leaves during the Battle of the Blackwater because of the fire. That was towards the end of ACoK, if I remember rightly, so I think it could be interpreted either way. I would expect Jaime and Cersei to be more likely Lannister scumteam members but I'm not ruling Sandor out.

I investigated Kinetic because he'd basically lurked through the day and contributed very little, much like he did in the mini after his initial name-claiming plan. Not much attention had been directed towards him and I had a bad feeling, so I investigated.

Is Asha absolute proof enough for you, Thor?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Yeah, I figured. If I'd had any less of a certain result (like the Sandor one) I would have let you vig Vezo and got on with this after. Lucky doesn't really begin to cover it.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Magna: if I let on to Percy straight away that I knew he was Asha, it still gives him potential to try and wiggle round it. Asha and Theon aren't exactly friendly at the best of times and I bet he could have dragged this out a lot longer by trying to adapt to the claim - especially as he would have known I had a name and not a guilty. He might have got vigged or lynched in the end but I preferred not to take the chance. By getting him to claim without telling him I knew his character name, he went for the safer option of claiming a character who potentially might show up as guilty on scans. Once he fakeclaimed, I knew for sure that he was scum.

So, onto the other matters of the day. I'm obviously leaning towards believing Diddin as Sandor; it sounds plausible and he didn't try to fakeclaim, even with Joff's flip. We would probably benefit from having a Vezo or SSBF investigation just to put those issues to bed, but I think we have some very useful possible Greyjoy links to review now before we go for one of those.

Also, as pointed out above, Benmage is town.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Having had a quick read back, it looks like Rifka, xvart, Mina and Macavitar were the people who jumped on those who suggested Percy step forward (Benmage, Richard, Axelrod and myself), although Macavitar did so after I soft-claimed in his catch-up as he went. Not sure what to make of that. In any case, the first four get to sit at the top of the Greyjoy list for now. I'll go with a:

Vote: Rifka Viveka

What's your analysis of the Percy flip? Who do you think we should investigate today now?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Well, if it'll hurry things up, I'll:

Step Forward

I'll be catching up properly tonight.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I could probably get behind a Hascow investigation, but I'd like to do a reread of him first. I do think he makes a good point with his Greyjoy pick for Mikujin, that's an investigation I'd like to see. I'd be happy with a Rifka investigation too, I still have a Greyjoy read on her from the reaction to the Percy situation.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Let's get this done, then we can get on with lynching someone.

Light a candle for: hasdgfas

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:47 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Lighting a candle for yourself was your attempt to find out if Magna's suspicion of you was genuine? What were you expecting the pro-town reaction to be?

Can we like, take Vezo's vote away or something?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Two town vigs makes me wary. The flavour would definitely make more sense for Gregor Clegane. No-one Arya kills ought to be listed as hacked to pieces. All in all, SSBF is pretty much an SK. Can't we have him kill Vezo?

SSBF: I assume you're not familiar with the books.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:13 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

SSBF lives, and kills one of those 3 players. That's my call. Both scumteams are 2 members down and if there's scum amongst those 3, they can't afford to have a third eliminated on N3. If Cow's town we'll find out, and if Vezo and/or CSL are town, I don't think anyone's particularly bothered about the loss. It'll also take away one of two easy players for the scum to target if they are town. I think it'll create useful uncertainty for the scum, whether he's vig, SK, or third scumteam member (I think the latter is very unlikely, but the scum will know how much so). I'm really not concerned about an SSBF-SK win at this stage.

SSBF: you didn't say whether you'd read the books or not.

Rifka: you didn't really answer my question. You lit a candle for yourself, Magna ignored it. If Magna had made reference to it, or lit his own candle for you, or called it scummy, would that have given you a town read? Do you think Magna's more likely to be scum because he didn't take that opportunity to push an attack on you?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Arya Stark is a 10-year-old girl. But yes, I suppose calling her aggressive is fair. It's just really, really hard to picture her hacking anyone to pieces.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

So you don't have any response to Cow's point, SSBF? Surely you must have killed Raivann because he claimed vigilante? Also, I think the point of breadcrumbing is so that people believe you haven't just made something up on the spot. I really don't think it's that much work.

I am entirely with Thor. If SSBF is going to kill CSL or Vezo, even if we lynch him tomorrow it's far better than lynching SSBF today and then having to wait until tomorrow to lynch/vig CSL/Vezo. Like I said before, let scum have to think about the problem of having an SK around for a bit. People getting paranoid about the 3 kills really doesn't make any sense to me when we've already got 4 scum dead. In a game with crosskilling potential and a probable SK who's either going to kill someone we want dead or get lynched himself, I don't understand the rationale for saying "SSBF is SK, he must die straight away!" Even if he is an SK, he's not just town's problem, people.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1803 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Unsight: SSBF is totally not mafia. He's most likely SK. If by some chance SSBF is scum, he's claiming those kills when they're not his and he will be dead anyway as a result.

SSBF, will you add diddin onto your list of potential targets if this doesn't come off? Let's go, Mina.

Unvote; Vote: diddin

I was willing to believe Sandor-town earlier but recent play has put that to a stop. Something's felt off with Unsight from D1 in the way she targets people but there are too many awful votes on that wagon for me to back it right now.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

So you think there's a third scumteam?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Vezo, you're already voting Unsight.

Rifka: why are you worried about annoying Benmage?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:00 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Asking him about that case the way you did was pretty odd if you're not worried about it. It was an odd thing to say anyway. Are you trying not to antagonise Benmage, then?

Do I need to question you about your voting preferences? I would say you'd like a Mikujin lynch but you'll be voting Unsight before deadline. Perhaps you'd like to give me a top 3 with reasons if you're so eager.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Unsight: we're not relying on scum to kill scum. We're letting SSBF live for now so he can dispose of targets we approve of, then we'll lynch him if we have to. What we know for sure is that whoever is doing the 'hacking', they're not a Lannister or a Greyjoy. I think by far the most likely possibility is he's SK, he screwed up his claim because he didn't really understand that Arya is a 10-year-old girl and now he has no choice but to stick with it. If SSBF isn't killing at all and there's a real town-aligned night vig, he'll die. If scum spend a roleblock on him to make him look guilty, they've used up a block and he'll die. If SSBF eliminates scum or a useless town player, it's a bonus for the town and we still retain the option of lynching him at any time. If scum want to jeopardise their chances of winning this game by leaving a claimed town-directed killing role alive, they can be my guest.

Rifka: do you not think it's strange to apologise for annoying Benmage by asking for a case he promised ages ago? I would have thought that the main motivation for saying that (as opposed to something like "Hey Benmage, why don't you do some scumhunting and produce that case) was to avoid Benmage going after you. Seems scummy to me.

Unvote; Vote Rifka

No problem with lynching Unsight's claim. I can see scum wanting to get an SK out of the way but I can also see a townie being concerned about it, albeit unnecessarily, in my opinion. In general her reactions to the imminent lynch read a little town to me, but as it's not quite inevitable at this stage I won't put too much stock in that.

SSBF: why CSL over Vezo? Vezo threatened to vote Unsight when he already was, for crying out loud.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

SSBF, why are you obsessed with risk? Why didn't you just make a case on him for being scummy instead of including that last point? If you have the ability to kill him yourself, why on earth are you bothered about getting him lynched today? Incidentally, that's not gonna happen; we have two days and you're the only one voting him. Either vote Unsight or get on one of the wagons with 2 votes on, at least. It's a bit late to do anything else.

Hascow: Rifka.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Modkilled? What are you talking about?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (isolation #39) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Cool.

Xvart unvotes; Xvart votes Rifka

Why were you waiting around for Benmage's case, anyway?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (isolation #40) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

PS: Xvart, sorry if you didn't want me stealing your vote that soon, I just thought it could do with going on a viable wagon alternative right about now.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Come on, people. This is the worst wagon of all time. Just look at who's backing it. There's no need for the L-1, I can doublevote if we're running out of time. Everyone who's not voting Rifka, Unsight or SSBF, state your preferences on one of those three now (with a vote, if your preference isn't Unsight).

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Unsight: you do know that one of your scum reads is gearing up to vig the other, right? Doesn't this invalidate your concerns about scum cross-killing?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Thanks, Mina. Useful stuff in there. Definitely clears Vezo as a Greyjoy. Shouldn't you have an easier time of it tonight, what with LMP, DGB and Percy all dead?

Unsight: you said you didn't want to rely on scum killing each other. SSBF killing CSL = one scum killing another on your list.

Does that make it 6 on Rifka? Everyone not voting Rifka or Unsight, make your choice as soon as you get in here. I want decisions (or, if you refuse to choose either of them and think both are bad lynches, I want you to say that). Everyone else, stay where you are, you've made your choice.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

We have two and a half hours. SSBF is messing around with Marathon Day and clearly isn't bothered about how close to deadline we are. Good thing we already know he's SK. From what I can see of Unsight's posting habits, she doesn't normally get online until past midnight GMT, so her vote might be out anyway. I should be available to double-hammer Unsight if there's no other possible outcome.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1962 (isolation #45) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

With them at 7 each I think it's best for everyone to stick to their preferred lynch and hopefully our two fence-sitters will appear and make a decision. This is a far better situation than the unchallenged Unsight lynch we had a couple of days ago.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1964 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

According to the countdown clock it's 2 hours and 22 minutes away. That sounds right to me, unless I'm getting EST wrong.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1968 (isolation #47) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'll take care of it (providing Unsight's still on 7 votes). I'll still be able to get on in the next two hours.

Agree with Thor re: Mikujin. SSBF and Unsight are obviously not so interesting (barring the unlikely third scumteam or SSBF lying about the kills) but I'd definitely like to see where Mikujin's vote goes.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1973 (isolation #48) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Do it now, Diddin. Less than half an hour to go, there's no point waiting now.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1995 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'd love to say I've caught Theon Greyjoy...but I got no result instead. Interested to hear how Mikujin is so sure of that.

Now that Vezo's out of the way, I'm ok with getting rid of SSBF, especially after his complete u-turn on the target (SSBF: if you were town convinced you'd caught scum in CSL, you wouldn't be deciding to vig Vezo instead). Quite pleased not to have to waste a lynch on that.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1996 (isolation #50) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

PS: thanks Greyjoys, I was paying very little attention to xvart, nice of you to hit scum for us :P

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2008 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I agree with the latest sentiments regarding Mikujin. I really don't see the value for town of dropping hints here and there if there's no benefit whatsoever to the information at the end of it.

Magna: to me, SSBF's switch screams of survival instinct. If you were vig in his position and you thought CSL was scum and Vezo was VI, who would you vig? CSL. If you were SK trying to preserve what little chance you had of making it to endgame by being a good town-directed killer, who would you vig? Vezo. The fact that SSBF did a U-turn after seeing that several players preferred Vezo indicates to me that he's far more concerned with staying alive than he is with hitting scum.

I agree with Macavitar re: Axelrod. I found myself more concerned by his slot on a re-read during night, especially that quote he highlighted. I was also left with the impression he spent a lot of time talking about SSBF's SK-ness and the setup, then suddenly declared he didn't like Rifka when the lynch became viable. I'm going to go ahead and:

Vote: Axelrod

Who's Theon Greyjoy? Is it you?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2019 (isolation #52) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Interesting reaction. Let's see:

1. No, you're not suspicious because you said Percy was suspicious. You're suspicious because of the way you hinted that you might be harbouring some suspicion of Percy without really explaining that read at all.

2. Yes, SSBF is blatantly the SK. I just found that there was a period during D2 where you didn't do much else apart from talk about the setup and SSBF being SK. I never said it was a scummy assumption - a number of people have said the same thing since he claimed.

3. I'm not voting you because you were wrong about Rifka. I was wrong about Rifka, Thor was wrong about Rifka...and so on, and so forth. My point was that you came along as the wagon had picked up momentum, did a Rifka reread and suddenly declared her to be pretty damn scummy. I believe someone (Mina?) mentioned that it felt that you were trying to paint every thing Rifka did as scummy. I got a similar impression and it felt more like scum trying too hard to justify hopping on a bandwagon.

I do agree with you about Diddin. That does demonstrate a genuine lack of interest in an Unsight lynch. If we do have 4-man scumteams, I think Diddin would be a good lynch because I think Sandor is a logical addition to a Tywin-Cersei-Joffrey team given the context of the book.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2023 (isolation #53) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:00 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

SSBF: we know
why
you killed Vezo. I'm not disagreeing that killing Vezo was a good idea. It's because of comments like this that I'm dubious:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
CSL wrote:Why isn't Unsight dead yet?
It's because Unsight hasn't claimed yet?

Now I'd like for you to answer this question, what have you done to support the Unsight's lynch wagon? So far, all I see is a vote on him and a vote alone is not good enough. You haven't really given us any proper justification of your own, even if they were parroting on other people.

Vote: CSL

If you aren't lynched today, definently shooting you tonight.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Locke Lamora wrote:SSBF: why CSL over Vezo? Vezo threatened to vote Unsight when he already was, for crying out loud.
I feel that vezokpiraka play is more anti-town while CSL is scummier. Yes vezokpiraka has commited scum tell, but I feel that CSL is even worse in this department. vezokpiraka is at least trying to participate in the game while CSL is doing next to nothing to help the town. The fact that he holds strong bonds with Raivann as has been pointed out a few times is enough for me to have him as my kill preference.
Finally, on deadline day, you say that you are torn between the two targets. Why? You were dead set on lynching CSL and killing him at night if he wasn't lynched. You suddenly completely abandon your certainty for no other reason that I can see than to please the people who wanted Vezo dead.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:31 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

If Diddin wasn't Sandor, I'd vote him for that question. As it is, I don't see the motivation for Diddin-scum to ask me that because he obviously can't have any buddies left even if he is scum himself. It's a horrible question, though. In case that wasn't clear enough: no, I'm not telling you who I investigated.

As for Axelrod's question, there was absolutely no flavour whatsoever to the block.

Axel: your response indicated that there was
some
evidence that Percy was scum. Anything at all in particular?

Hey Unsight, we're lynching two people today and all you've done is turn up and say we should lynch SSBF. Got any other suspects?

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2038 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Just doing some thinking; if we had 4-4-1, town could potentially be down to 9 players, ie. 50%, after just 2 mislynches (4-4-1-17 D1, 4-4-1-13 D2, 4-4-1-9 D3). Is that balanced? If Thor had misvigged and JVW had been activated and also miskilled, we could be at 4-4-1-7 D3. If Budja was just a straight-up suicidal townie, that's 4-4-1-6 with a successful Greyjoy kill N1. I agree it's incredibly unlikely but even so, wouldn't it be a crazy set-up if scum/third party outnumbered town 9-6 on D3? I feel like there are too many kills floating around for 4-4-1. I'd say it's either 3-3-1 or 4-4, on the incredibly remote chance SSBF is telling the truth. Perhaps someone with more large theme experience, either in playing or modding/reviewing, can tell me if they've ever seen anything like that.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (isolation #56) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

No, not a chance in hell (unless the mod has gone a bit bastard with the roles). Sandor is basically Joffrey Baratheon's bodyguard in the books. He abandons the Lannisters towards the end of a Clash of Kings, which is why Diddin's flavour kind of fits, although I'm getting more dubious about that. In any case, the Greyjoys are a completely different family in a completely different location and, to my knowledge, have absolutely no connection with Sandor whatsoever.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Just want to declare my V/LA, as indicated in my sig. I should be able to keep posting today and a bit tomorrow, but I'm unlikely to have internet access from Saturday.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2709 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Magna: to be fair, yes, you did do a good job of backing up Mac and making sure he didn't get lynched. You and Mac both played on town's uncertainties very well. I just thought you could have still done that and then got Mac lynched when CSL did to win the game outright. In hindsight, I guess what I should have said was that I thought you were aiming to bring Mac to endgame with you rather than trying to dispose of him beforehand. In any case, you played a great game and it may well be the case that if you hadn't backed Mac up so strongly, you both would have lost. I was just indulging in some speculation because, like many others, I really couldn't stop watching this game!

All credit to Mac too; the claim seemed obviously fake from the dead thread but it was played out perfectly to maximise town's uncertainty and leave them second-guessing.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”