MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #176 (isolation #0) » Mon May 31, 2010 7:36 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Hello, dudes and ladies! It seems I must correct something my predecessor failed to do. This here is a Miller claim. What up!

Reading thread.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #177 (isolation #1) » Mon May 31, 2010 7:38 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Oh, also,
unvote
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #178 (isolation #2) » Mon May 31, 2010 9:33 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Thus far, the following people are scummy:
Reaper - Only content is in his iso 12, and a lot of it is IIOA. I hate isos 14 and 16, as we're well past RVs.
Esp - I see a little more townie-hunting than scum-hunting.
MPR - No content
fuzzy - Up until iso 8, there was no interest in playing mafia.

I feel like a
Vote: Reaper
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #193 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:49 am

Post by MacavityLock »

farside22 wrote:town:
ooba

UK replacing for her reason makes me think all sorts of scum motive. But I have yet to see UK say give up before.
Just a rub in the wrong direction
Same player slot. So, what's the read?
ReaperCharlie wrote:-MacavityLock, 2 posts, just replaced in, posts scumlist that ignores sudo and MMM but votes me to follow the crowd. ... ok?
MMM is boringly null. Sudo hasn't done enough to qualify him as scummy in my book, but he should start scumhunting.

I'm kind of surprised nobody's even commented on my Miller claim.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #196 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

farside22 wrote:Also ML rereading you in iso are you just talking about those you find scummy? Anything more to add to your thoughts so far? Any questions you may want to ask?
That was just first pass. I'm good for now.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #199 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

FakeGod wrote:@MLock: Question: when you claim miller, do you claim death miller as well? When I looked in the wiki, miller and death miller were listed, and I don't know whether they are exclusive or not.
Nope, I claim Miller who will flip with a town win condition.
ReaperCharlie wrote:So... MacavityLock, you're claiming miller, eh?
... Yes.
ReaperCharlie wrote:I must say I concur with farside on wondering why you don't have more to say about other players.
You're funny. Lynch please.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #201 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Lynch
who
please?
You, of course.
ReaperCharlie wrote:So far, the only 'scumtell' that you seem to be concentrating on is lack of content.
I'm sorry, that is incorrect. I called out townie hunting, IIOA, and a useless and distracting joke vote. Still, there are definite active lurking issues in the game thus far, which I rather like as a Day 1 tell.
ReaperCharlie wrote:This strikes me as odd, because it doesn't seem that you've made a sincere effort to hunt any scum, you just want to crucify people for not posting much. Which in my experience is exactly what scum do, to throw suspicion elsewhere and make themselves look better in the public eye.
Oh, fun, we have a hypocrite. I wasn't the one who counted posts. No, that was you. What I'm interested in is
content
, the value of posts.

Also, "sincere effort to hunt any scum"? I've been in the game for 36 hours. Give me some time to get my feet wet.
ReaperCharlie wrote:Also, why did you call out MPR, fuzzy, and me for lack of content, but not FakeGod, Espeonage, jmj3000, rajhcprfreak, or seraphim?
Because they're all my scum-buddies. OH CRAP, YOU CAUGHT ME! But seriously folks, it's because I don't have as much of a problem with them yet. Except for Esp, who I called out for other reasons.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #203 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:47 am

Post by MacavityLock »

ReaperCharlie wrote:And wtf do you mean 'townie hunting'? Who would townie hunt as scum? Unless there are multiple factions (which I'm disinclined to believe, in a game this size), wouldn't the scum already KNOW who the townies were? This makes no sense as a scumtell.
Esp is clearing people left and right. This is what I mean by townie hunting, and it makes little sense for a townie to be doing it this early.
ReaperCharlie wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:This strikes me as odd, because it doesn't seem that you've made a sincere effort to hunt any scum, you just want to crucify people for not posting much. Which in my experience is exactly what scum do, to throw suspicion elsewhere and make themselves look better in the public eye.
Oh, fun, we have a hypocrite. I wasn't the one who counted posts. No, that was you. What I'm interested in is
content
, the value of posts.
Yes, which yours have had surprisingly little of, even given your short time in the thread.
This is not a rebuttal to my point, you're just trying to turn the attack on me. Sorry scum, not gonna work.
ReaperCharlie wrote:I certainly hope you're not serious about joking being bad, when you're doing it like that. But I'm not the one being anal, so.
Not all jokes are created equal.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #211 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

^Exactly
ReaperCharlie wrote:Way to not respond to any questions I asked you...
What questions did I miss? I answered what I meant by townie hunting. The only other question I saw was about why I didn't call out some other people. I don't give out town or null tells, especially this early in the game.

Also, way to not respond to the points I brought against you.
FakeGod wrote:@MLock: if you were indeed miller, why would you mention your claim more than once? Even asking people to comment on it?
Because usually it gets a comment or two when someone claims Miller straight away. I figured there would be even more to comment on because I'm a replacement and my predecessor failed to do so. I was also wondering if people just plain missed it.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #216 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Nobody Special wrote:
FakeGod wrote:@MLock: if you were indeed miller, why would you mention your claim more than once? Even asking people to comment on it?
Obvious scum is obvious.
Which one, me or FG?
Nobody Special wrote:Also, in some seetups, Millers do not know they are Millers (primarily[?] Open Games) -- so I'm
never
hardly ever impressed with a Miller claim.
ReaperCharlie wrote:And I must say I am not impressed with a miller claim either.
I don't want you to be impressed. I want cops to not waste an investigation on me, and I want vigs to shoot me in the face.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I want vigs to shoot me in the face.
Um... why? Wouldn't we just be wasting a shot on you that could be used for scum?? That's not pro-town at all.

/looks sideways at ML
Because I shouldn't be around to confuse or complicate things in late/endgame, and it's better for me to go by vig than by wasting a lynch.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Find other games with millers please.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #224 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:12 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Kmd4390 wrote:Because he's scum playing the ol' miller Gambit.
Some facts:
  • I posted to the thread within 10 minutes on Sens replacing me in.
  • As a replacement, were I scum, I would not have had any opportunity to confer with scum buddies.
  • I have never gambitted Day 1 as scum (and can provide previous games at request).
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #226 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:27 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Kmd4390 wrote:Not scummy at all on Fake's part. I think he is a newer player trying to grasp the game and actually makes a good point here.
I don't think FG is scummy for his questions. Never said he was.
Kmd4390 wrote:
Mac wrote:Which one, me or FG?
Heh, the old "who, me?" paranoid scum reaction. Love it.
NS quoted FG who was referring to me and said "Obvious scum is obvious". I didn't know who he was talking about. So I asked.
Kmd4390 wrote:
Mac wrote:Find other games with millers please
Why?
Millers are bad for the town and should not be around to complicate the late game. For the good of my win condition, I want out, and I think it makes more sense for a vig to do so than to waste a majority town lynch. I don't believe this is substantially different than millers should behave/have behaved on this site.
Kmd4390 wrote:
Mac wrote:Some facts:
I posted to the thread within 10 minutes on Sens replacing me in.
As a replacement, were I scum, I would not have had any opportunity to confer with scum buddies.
I have never gambitted Day 1 as scum (and can provide previous games at request).
And any of this matters why? Maybe you had this idea before that "next time I'm scum, I'm gonna try this", got a scum PM, and tried it.
A little thing called context. Meta me and you'll find that I'm ridiculously careful as scum. Could I have changed that up this game? Sure. But what's the upside? Especially when I'm specifically requesting to die this game.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #228 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

ReaperCharlie wrote:All of that is immaterial in comparison to what you SHOULD have done. Instead of providing what can only be described as a cop-out miller claim, you should have hunted scum like it was your last day to be alive, opening up a can of whoop-ass on whoever was acting scummy, and by doing so you could have
at least
hoped/tried to draw a NK toward you and off us, if not two (if there is in fact a SK role or two scum factions).
Oh, I have hunted scum, and I have found YOU. I'd love to draw off a NK, but it's kind of a pipe dream.

By the way, "hunted scum like it was [my] last day to be alive" is ridiculously stupid. I put forth a good effort to scum-hunt every game I'm in, and I really don't think that I can improve my scum-hunting accuracy by putting forth more effort. I can be wrong, and have been wrong many many times. So, my role is a liability for town, and I have no magic ability to hunt scum better as a Miller. Therefore, as I said, my best play is to accept death. Don't try to tell me what I
should
have done.
ReaperCharlie wrote:Either you're trying to act as a diversion (which doesn't make sense for scum trying to pull the heat off other scum, because we'd catch it right away)...

or, you really
are
a miller, and are just stupid or short-sighted, or both.
Congrats, you just proved I'm town. Now, who's scum? Even after your set of long posts, you still haven't put a vote down.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #236 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Kmd4390 wrote:Mac, if there is no vig in this game, what do you think would be the correct play for town regarding you? No one else answer this please.
The answer is probably to lynch me eventually, but a lot of that depends on the circumstances of each particular day (i.e. how many scum lynches vs mislynches so far, what NKs we've seen, etc.).
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #273 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

farside22 wrote:
sudo wrote:I meant that the case about you was obvious, and was being picked up on. You were under some pressure for it, if you'll recall. I never assume that one piece of evidence, however obvious, is enough to call a person scummy, however. That's why the word "scummy" never appears in that post. I wanted to see how you responded to the pressure before I declared one way or the other, and you did okay, so I never voted. Not to say I'm convinced of your innocence, but there you have it.
This sounds like such bull shit comments to me. I swear why is this guy not having a wagon on him?
This is the first time that the sudo case grabbed me. These are weasel words from sudo.
Kmd4390 wrote:Yes, I'd vote any one of the lurkers you name before I'd vote Fake. Why am I not voting them? Mac is scummier.
Unless I'm missing something, your case on me thus far is "He claimed Miller, made sure people knew he was a Miller, and wants to die." How is that a case? (Yes, I know you've moved your vote off of me.)

Lots of people need to stop lurking.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #313 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 am

Post by MacavityLock »

FakeGod wrote:@farside: As of this moment, I believe MLock is scum. I don't believe his miller claim. I really don't think his predecessor would've forgot to claim miller, and I don't like how he tried to make sure everyone caught his miller claim. I know if I were miller, I'd try to make my claim as silently as possible.
Here's the problem with that. My predecessor may not have known the site meta to claim Miller immediately. I tried to rectify that. Also, why would I ever make a claim as quietly as possible. If I'm going to claim Miller, I want everyone to know that, most specifically cops and vigs. If I did want to keep it quiet, why would I claim at all?

jmj, if I'm your top suspect, why aren't you voting for me? Why isn't your vote on anybody? Why hasn't your vote ever been on anybody?

Reaper, I think you're scum because of IIOA in iso 12, your attempt at thread derailing in isos 14 and 16, your hypocrasy as pointed out in my iso 6, your failure to address your hypocrasy as pointed out in my iso 7. I also don't like your flailing about and throwing votes around to try to jumpstart various different bandwagons and hope something sticks.

Due to vacation, I'm going to be V/LA until late Monday night.
I didn't realize how much that conflicted with the deadline. My apologies. I have full claimed (just a Miller) except for name, so if anybody wants me to name claim before I go, you have an hour and a half from this post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #315 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:00 am

Post by MacavityLock »

jmj3000 wrote:On ML's miller claim: I don't trust miller claims one bit. I don't like people trying to direct the discussion. I really don't like people asking to be vigged, because it makes it sound like they aren't worried because they know something we don't, ie. they are NK immune or something. I extremely dislike and distrust anyone who does all three things like ML has. It sounds like he has given himself an out for if he comes up guilty, and an explanation for if he survives the night.
I claim nothing about NK-immune. The whole worry as to my alignment (given that I will show up guilty to investigations) is a hindrance to town, therefore to better my win condition, I don't think I should survive to the end of the game. You shouldn't trust miller claims, that's the point. As for directing discussion, I expected some reaction to my claim, and when I didn't see any, I wanted to make sure that people did in fact see the claim. Anything else you want me to address?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #317 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:06 am

Post by MacavityLock »

In case there is a vig.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #320 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:50 am

Post by MacavityLock »

ReaperCharlie wrote:And yes, name claim please, ML.
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape.
ReaperCharlie wrote:Also, since you'll be V/LA I'll ask you politely and i'll ask you once: switch your vote from me to someone else who you think is potentially wagon-worthy. there's no point to leave it on me. trust me on this.
As I think there's a good chance that you're scum, I don't trust you on this. Sorry, but I need more than this.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #367 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:52 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Back from V/LA and catching up. Deadline pushed to Saturday -> Happy ML.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #385 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 am

Post by MacavityLock »

UNVOTE: Reaper
JOAT claim is hard to fake, as is Albie.
jmj3000 wrote:If I remember correctly, Snape was a low-down, lying, playing both sides, spying, traitorus piece of scum. Also Reap, are you claiming who I think you are claiming?
FakeGod wrote:If I remember correctly, Snape pwns everyone in the end. He's also the 3rd strongest wizard, after Dumbledore and Voldmort?

Therefore, I don't believe this Snape = miller nonsense. Snape is like, amazing. He wouldn't be a lowly miller.
Those poo-pooing on my miller claim due to flavor alone are suspect. This is not the way to generate suspicion.
Kmd4390 wrote:Mac, the mentality behind post 315 seems to imply that the only people that help the game are those who are cleared by cops. Obviously, this is untrue.
No, that's stupid. Let me make my thoughts on Millers 100% clear. First off, I think that, without additional powers, a Miller is a detriment to town. Thus, in an effort to advance my win condition, I should mitigate that detriment as much as possible. The major way that this detriment will occur is if I get investigated by a Cop. If I do get investigated, both an investigation and a lynch will be wasted. By claiming immediately, I can remove the possibility of a wasted investigation.

However, that leads to the second problem: Miller is a moderately safe claim for scum. Because the rest of town can't really "tell the difference", my claim will likely lead to worry later in the game. This is why I feel that my removal from the game as a consequence of my claim is also beneficial to my town win condition.

The reason why I think it's better to die by vig than by lynch is that a miller lynch wagon is likely to be impossible to analyze. Townies and scum can join that wagon with impunity. Thus, I don't want to waste an analyzable bandwagon through my lynch. However, I recognize that my lynch may eventually become necessary.

Does that clear things up?

----
Kmd4390 wrote:The Jailkeeper claim makes sense for dementors. If he's scum, I expect that he's a scum Jailkeeper. I doubt he will go on to win with his claim. If he's scum, we'll find out later.
I pretty much agree with flavor fitting claim, though he could also be a scum RB.

I don't feel like I can get a complete read of this game without getting my isos back, but for right now, VOTE: jmj.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #389 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Reaper, your opinion on Millers is wrong, and good luck playing one when you get dealt that hand. Some other time (not in this thread), I'd really like to know what kind of magic I could have employed to guarantee that people thought that I was the towniest town who ever towned. Now can we please drop it and move on?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #392 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

I make a guarantee here that I will vote to assure a lynch at deadline. However, I am in no rush to lynch Sudo immediately. We have a couple days, and I'd like to make use of that time.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #397 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

farside, please check your role PM and report back.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #404 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:12 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Well, this is weird. My win condition could conceivably be paraphrased as "win when scum are dead". Reaper, can you check your role PM please?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #428 (isolation #27) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Unless anyone can give me a compelling reason not to in the next hour, I will hammer Sudo.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #430 (isolation #28) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Ah ha, you're right.
Unvote. Vote: Sudo
. One more for hammer I guess.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #497 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Apologies, surprise research trip kept me away from the game until now.

Given the "Death Eater Mafia" flip, it should be obvious why Snape is a miller.
ReaperCharlie wrote:For now though, my vote's still on dram. I reeeeeaaalllyyyy don't like dram's 'oh look a doctor hit the right target!' slip. I want to hear more players' opinions about that, cause that's super sketchy. And look at his explanation for it:
dramonic wrote:<_<
>_>

I really should have read the day's post before commenting on the night. I didn't even know RC had been targetted =_=;
THIS IS EVEN WORSE, BECAUSE YOU AUTOMATICALLY ASSUMED THAT THE DOCTOR HAD SAVED SOMEBODY FROM YOUR FACTION'S KILL LAST NIGHT, BECAUSE IT DIDN'T SHOW UP IN THE DAYBREAK FLAVOR POST BY THE MOD!
I pretty much agree with Reaper here. I was willing to pass off dram's doc discussion, assuming that he'd seen Reaper's claim of soaking a kill. But the fact that he claims that he didn't see it before commenting does make it seem like a slip. Unless I'm mistaken, werewolves did work with Death Eaters more than once in the books, so assuming that the ooba kill is a different faction with no other info to back that up is a leap. Sera didn't do anything to make me think he was town before being replaced, so VOTE: dram.

I agree with KMD: ooba was clearly some scum faction kill. Fenrir as SK makes sense.

I'm going to continue to catch up. ooba read will definitely be happening. Some sort of spidey sense makes me want to read up on FG.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #502 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:45 am

Post by MacavityLock »

dramonic wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I pretty much agree with Reaper here. I was willing to pass off dram's doc discussion, assuming that he'd seen Reaper's claim of soaking a kill. But the fact that he claims that he didn't see it before commenting does make it seem like a slip.
How so?
I've already answered this question, with the sentence literally immediately after what you quoted.
MacavityLock wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, werewolves did work with Death Eaters more than once in the books, so assuming that the ooba kill is a different faction with no other info to back that up is a leap.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #553 (isolation #31) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:14 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Guys, I don't like the way this Esp wagon is going. There are things that strike me as completely reasonable about his claim, and I'm wondering why people aren't seeing that. For one thing, I don't think he's claiming unlynchable.

FG and dram remain looking not so good to me.

@mod
, votecount please?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #556 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I don't want to just outright claim his role, but it is completely obvious to me what his role is. It's not a role that it makes sense for scum to have, nor does it make sense for scum to have complicated/confused it in the way that Esp did.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #559 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:14 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Unvote. Vote: FG
. I think we caught scum here. You previously claimed that the vote on Esp was because you thought you caught a contradiction. You were cowed off the Esp wagon way too easily.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #641 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Kmd4390 wrote:Mac, you are misrepping Fake. He thought he saw a contradiction and felt it was cleared up, so he switched back to Dramonic.
Fine, I can see that. But I still think he was backed off of Esp wagon way too easily. It doesn't feel right.

farside, why wouldn't you look at these as well?
ooba wrote:I wager that
at least
2 out of {RC, Kmd, Sudo, Esp, MMM} are scum.
ooba wrote: I reverse my opinion on Kmd. Kmd, FG get added to the town list.
Town: {Mac, Kmd, FG}
Scum: {RC, Sudo, Esp, MMM}

RC you should full claim now. Not just the role name but abilities as well.
These, plus the one you quoted, reads to me like KMD and either Esp or
MMM
furc are scum. My problem is that both Esp and furc read kind of town to me, Esp more than furc.

Ah, but here's the kicker:
ooba wrote:One question for FG and Kmd: Are you AC and AC?
AC&AC = Alecto and Amycus Carrow, Death Eaters teaching at Hogwarts in 7.

Let's lynch FG and KMD in quick succession, shall we?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #643 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Kmd4390 wrote:I think he meant alignment confirmed. Probably thought FakeGod and I were masons.
BS. If he meant that, there's no way he would have repeated the AC acronym. Sorry scum, you going down.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #708 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I'm very sad that no one believes my AC&AC tell. Seriously, what else
could
ooba have been asking?

Today's focus on choosing between a dram lynch and an Esp lynch seems kind of ridiculous. I don't think I'd be against lynching dram, but this feels like one of those cases where scum are just sitting back and laughing.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #709 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 am

Post by MacavityLock »

<sigh> Furc, why did you do that?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #760 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

SpyreX wrote:If you're sticking with the Weasley then I really, really want to know how that makes what Esp said make any sense at all.
I agree with this. What is it about your role that supports his claim?

Sorry I haven't been posting here. With the lack of mod and the focus on dram & Esp, this game is really boring me.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #763 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:Sorry I haven't been posting here. With the lack of mod and the focus on dram & Esp, this game is really boring me.
Who do you think we should be focusing on?
FG and Kmd. Seriously.

Even if you don't like my AC find, FG has done more than enough to merit a closer look from people.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #767 (isolation #40) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

SpyreX wrote:
hhh
its a secret but I'm working on a
shitlist
and FG is on it.
Fixed.

:}
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #905 (isolation #41) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

VOTE: FG

Nothing substantial has changed.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #917 (isolation #42) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Esp, do whatever you think would help the town. If you think you have a case, post it. If you have comments on other peoples' case, post them. However much you're comfortable doing.

By the way, you were obv-stump.

Furc is a bad wagon. Join the FG wagon!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #921 (isolation #43) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Andrius Baggins wrote:@ Macavity: Why FakeGod over Furcolow?
Because he's a VI and playing recklessly, and scum either don't play recklessly or make very obvious mistakes when they do. Furc has not made obv-scum mistakes, as far as I can tell.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #926 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Take a look at ooba's (flipped Maf Traitor) references to FG. And RC is right, FG's 462 is Big Neon Scum sign, now that we know more.

Also, RC, because he's not official mod here, hascow may not have editing privileges.

And yeah, Lupin was totally my favorite character too.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #927 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Andrius wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
Andrius Baggins wrote:@ Macavity: Why FakeGod over Furcolow?
Because he's a VI and playing recklessly, and scum either don't play recklessly or make very obvious mistakes when they do. Furc has not made obv-scum mistakes, as far as I can tell.
lol at the quoted name. :P

FakeGod played similarly, VI, in Go Play in Traffic. That's why I'm hesitant to have him go. He's acting just like he did there. I agree that he isn't much help, but he doesn't feel scummy to me.

*double-checking to make sure the account is the right one* ;)
Ah, slight potential of crossed wires here. To clarify: I meant that Furc is VI. I do not see FG as one right now.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #953 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Andrius wrote:NK Analysis:

N1:
Dram kills Ooba (flavor)
SpyreX kills ???
Death Eaters attack RC (Town Vig wouldn't Vig Dumbledore)

N2:
SpyreX kills Dram
Death Eaters kill SpyreX
Dram kills ???
SpyreX killed ooba and dramonic was blocked/target was protected, nitwit. Pay attention.
Whoa whoa whoa! Where did this happen?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #955 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:05 am

Post by MacavityLock »

No, I'm serious. Andrius, you clearly don't know the timeline of events, which is fine, you just replaced in. But unless you can point to specific posts, stay out of it.

RC, Andrius's interpretation of the N1 NKs was how I saw it too. Where did we hear anything about Spyrex killing ooba or dram's kill getting prevented?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #956 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:38 am

Post by MacavityLock »

In fact, look at SpyreX's iso 0. Unless I'm completely missing something, that's an outright anti-claim of the ooba kill.

I think I need to read that post closer, as there may be other interesting info to dig out.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #958 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Read over Spy's iso 0, and tell me what you think. That Fenrir's and Lupin's kills would have similar flavor would not surprise me in the least.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #997 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:35 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I'm interested to know if anyone else can back manho's "Ministry of Magic" win con wording. If it's just manho/farside, we may have to pay closer attention there.

----

Andrius, I don't need to hear you confirm yourself at the moment. However, I would like to know if there are game conditions such that you will no longer be able to confirm yourself. If they exist, no need to say what they are yet.
Kmd4390 wrote:Andrius, I don't like the softclaim. Put up or shut up.
Kmd, please explain what you don't like about Andrius's softclaim.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1036 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:34 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Interesting. Andrius, have you ever played in a game with Masons before? Have you ever played in a game with Neighbors before? As a Mason, are you and your partner confirmed to each other?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1041 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:11 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Andrius isn't scum. Furc probably isn't scum. raj might be scum. FakeGod is likely scum. C'mon people, join me in striking down the blasphemy of this FakeGod!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1093 (isolation #53) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:25 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Furc, you definitely need to full claim right now.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1098 (isolation #54) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:57 am

Post by MacavityLock »

See, this is why FakeGod needs a lynching.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1106 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:38 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Furc, uncontested flavor claims are rarely enough, because most good mods provide fakeclaims. (See for example my recent The Wire game. All scum had good fake name claims, including Detective McNulty, the ostensible lead of the series.) You had not previously full claimed, you had only name claimed and said something vague about stumping. You spammed the thread and were not all that helpful.

Now, that said, we need to get mod-confirmation of Furc's stumping. If not, he gets lynched. Why? Harry Potter wiki quote: "Spattergroit is a highly contagious wizarding disease. It may be a type of fungus, as Ron Weasley mentions that being unable to talk is a common effect of spattergroit “once the fungus has spread to your uvula”." Unable to talk, eh? Doesn't sound much like a treestump to me...
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1116 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

RC, you and I are on the same page. FG and Kmd are more interesting to me than raj. FG more than Kmd though, in my opinion.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1122 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:41 am

Post by MacavityLock »

With that stumping, I think it's time for a quick setup check: We have at least 2, maybe 3 scum remaining. Assume 3 scum to be conservative. With 10 players, that means we have 2 mislynches left. Let's not forget about the even-number-of-players-No Lynch, which we'll likely have to employ in a couple of days.

OK, that was fun.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1128 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:28 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MehPlusRawr wrote:My win condition does indeed include the Ministry.
Andrius, do you have anything to say about this?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1191 (isolation #59) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Yeah, people shouldn't be doing that. If he's a Lie Detector, you should something to the effect of "My win condition can be paraphrased as winning when all the scum are dead" or "My win condition can be paraphrased as making the Wizarding World safe blah blah blah." The hating Voldemort stuff reads like an alternate win condition to me.

By the way, I've already said this, but my win condition can be paraphrased as winning when all the scum are dead.

FG, claim.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1196 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:58 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Dammit. I fell prey to the trap. Stop saying that name, as he is He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. At this point, I'm okay with a FG-hammer without claim.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1206 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:18 am

Post by MacavityLock »

FakeGod wrote:and please unvote so I can claim in safety.
No.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1209 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:21 am

Post by MacavityLock »

There is quite literally no reason to, and I don't trust you.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1211 (isolation #63) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:29 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Andrius wrote:Maybe he's afraid of being hammered after the claim. :/
There will be just as much info if not more from a hammer directly after claim.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1275 (isolation #64) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:00 am

Post by MacavityLock »

FG, if you want any chance of me unvoting you, explain what the purpose of your request for Hating was.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1289 (isolation #65) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:01 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Andrius wrote:Yeah, I know its WIFOM, but if FakeGod actually is a Princess, 2 NKs would be baaad.
Actually, it's kind of equivalent to having the No Lynch day that we'd likely have to have later on anyway. Obviously, it's not great, and we can't predict what will happen on any given night, but it's not as horrible as it would be if we had an odd number of players right now.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1291 (isolation #66) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:57 am

Post by MacavityLock »

FakeGod wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:
Andrius wrote:Yeah, I know its WIFOM, but if FakeGod actually is a Princess, 2 NKs would be baaad.
Actually, it's kind of equivalent to having the No Lynch day that we'd likely have to have later on anyway. Obviously, it's not great, and we can't predict what will happen on any given night, but it's not as horrible as it would be if we had an odd number of players right now.
Did you justify yourself from a BP mislynch?
Please explain how a Beloved Princess death is different than a No Lynch day. That's all I'm saying.
FakeGod wrote:Reasoning behind asking people to yell stuff:

Fluff/Lore: Voldemort a.k.a. he who should not be named.

Makes sense to me that his followers might be post-restricted somehow. Decided to test it by asking town to say I hate Voldemort! out loud.
Yeah, this is BS. It wouldn't be his followers that were post-restricted, it would be everybody else.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1339 (isolation #67) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 am

Post by MacavityLock »

OK, admin post. I'm not really sure what to do right now. I'm going to be going on an extended V/LA starting tomorrow, with no access until Aug 5th (except for a very limited amount this coming Sun and Mon). I had an idea about replacing me with a hydra of myself and someone else (Sotty7 gave me a tentative yes) so that the someone could be the representative of the player slot until I get back, and then we'd hydra it up on my return. I PM'ed hascow about it, but he hasn't gotten back to me. Not sure what the best solution from here on out is. Any suggestions by players (or mods!) would be appreciated.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1353 (isolation #68) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:11 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I'm not feeling farside/manho as scum. FG, Kmd, and raj are all better lynches.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1373 (isolation #69) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Andrius wrote:Now that that's out of the way, who'd be happy with a NS lynch?
So, I've been a bad person and haven't done a NS read in a while. So, in likely my last act before V/LA, I did a NS read. And OMG, SO BORING. I'm not seeing any great scum tells, but I'm not seeing any great town tells either. I don't think he's today's lynch.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1375 (isolation #70) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Andrius wrote:@ Macavity: Thanks. Have fun on V/LA, if it is a vacation.
It is! Maine, and then Italy!
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1700 (isolation #71) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:06 am

Post by MacavityLock »

And I'm officially back from V/LA.

Blech. What an awful game. Both Furc and Esp were pretty obv-not-scum, and people went after them anyway. I feel like there were a lot of anti-town or useless townie roles in the game: both Miller and Beloved Princess are bad for town, and Ghost and Stump are basically no better than vanilla. One additional problem may have been Role PM confusion. There seemed to be a lot of cases where people didn't fully grasp their roles: The Ghost is a simple Stump, not someone who is protected from death somehow; The SuperJailkeep is pretty Super, etc.

That said, we played pretty badly. I don't really know why I cleared Reaper after his claim. I should have stuck with him given my Day 1 suspicions. I feel bad for FakeGod as well; looking back at it, I was on his case for not much of a good reason.

Bad coordination, bad follow-the-flavor, just bad all around.

P.S. Reaper, you didn't "unearth" the Miller. I claimed of my own volition.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1702 (isolation #72) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

More like a zombified hand reached out of the ground, grabbed people as they were walking by, and made Miller-shaped shadow puppets.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”