Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:12 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Thank you very much to you all !

Cadmium and I had lots of fun putting this game together and modding it.

And now...

THE CAST !

Doomcow
-
Townie (female)
: You are Liza Doolittle, a townie.

Rite
-
Townie
: You are Professor Kendall, a brilliant professor of physics at London University. You are a townie.

Dourgrim, Kelvin, Green Crayons
-
Masons
: Welcome to the Grand Lodge of London. You are London's Freemasons. Dourgrim is Jabez Wilson, a painter. Kelvin is George Warwick, an architect. Finally, Green Crayons is the Duke of Kent. On behalf of Her Majesty the Queen, the Duke of Kent recently bid for and purchased the plans of a new canoon that will give a decisive advantage to the British army. Unfortunately, the mafia's eagerness to steal these secret plans places him on top of their hit list (ie: under certain conditions, the mafia gets a bonus for his death). This has forced him to seek refuge in the anonymity of the crowd. But he is a freemason, and the other members of the Grand Lodge are determined to help him if they can. You may discuss the game at night.

d8p
-
Irene Adler
: You are Irene Adler. When Sherlock Holmes refers to you, it is under the honourable title of 'The Woman', a tribute to your cleverness and courage. A Prima Donna during the day, you display your great talent for intrigue at night, and are able to beat the best plans of the most brilliant minds in this game. Every night, you may ruin another player's plans, thus preventing him from taking a night action. Both Sherlock Holmes and Professor Moriarty are looking for you. If Sherlock Holmes finds you first, you may communicate with him at night, and coordinate your night actions with him. If Moriarty finds you first, you become mafia, and allow him to use your unique talents against the town.

CaptainBlicero
-
Wiggins
: You are Wiggins, a street boy with rare cunning and cleverness, and one of Sherlock Holmes' allies in his crusade against crime. Your knowledge of the streets of London is unparalleled. Every night, you may tail a player of your choice to see what he does at night.

Henchman, Korais666
-
Hound mafia
: Welcome to the Hound Mafia family ! Korais666 is Mr Stapleton. Henchman is Beryl Stapleton, his wife. You have come to London to slay Sir William of Baskerville, as you stand to inherit his wealth after his death. Every second night, you unleash the Hound against a player of your choice. On the other night, you may investigate a player to check if he is Sir William of Baskerville. You may unleash the Hound on night 1. You win if Sir William of Baskerville dies and you survive the game. You get a bonus if he dies to the Hound.

Mikegoo
-
Jack The Ripper
: You are the respectable Dr Charles Meadows, a talented doctor, known for curing the ailments of Dukes and beggars alike, with no discrimination. Alas. At night, you succumb to your schizophrenia, and wander through the streets of London, hoping to find a woman to stab to death. One of these lives has a future. Unfortunately for the town, it seems it is not the first one... By now, you have probably understood that you are Jack the Ripper. Every night, you approach a player. If that player's role is a female, you kill her in the fogs of London... and your legend grows. If it is a male, you waste the entire night protecting him - you are a doctor, after all. You win if you survive the game and all female roles are dead.

JereIC
-
Sir William of Baskerville
: You are Sir William of Baskerville, the last of the Baskerville. You are on the mafia's hit list, ie: under certain conditions, the mafia gets a bonus for killing you. You have no special power, and you win with the town.

Norinel
-
townie
: You are Ellen Sutton, a townie. Your dear brother, Harry Sutton, is a thug in Moriarty's organization. If he is sent to kill you, he recruits you instead, and you become mafia.

Mathcam
-
Dr John Watson
: You are the famous Dr John Watson, Sherlock Holmes' closest friend. In this game, Dragon Slayer is Sherlock Holmes. You may protect one player every night; if that player is attacked, you cure his wounds and save his life. You may also communicate with Sherlock Holmes at night. You win with the town.

Night Stalker
-
Townie
: You are John Smith, a townie. (
Sorry NS, we couldn't help it - you get a bonus for playing the most difficult part in this game
) ;) )

Jeep
-
Townie
: Your name is Jack, you are a sailor. You have no special power, and you win with the town.

Werebear
-
Mycroft Holmes
: You are Mycroft Holmes, brother to Sherlock Holmes. Should Sherlock die, you may claim all the information in his possession at the time of his death - investigations, roles, etc. Needless to say, you win with the town.

Antrax
-
Mrs Watson
: You are Mrs Mary Watson, Dr John Watson's wife. You have no special power. You win with the town.

Dragon Slayer
- Sherlock Holmes: You are Sherlock Holmes. You use your startling deductive skills to fight against the forces of intrigue and evil, led by Professor Moriarty. You may investigate one player every night. In this game, Mathcam is your old friend Dr John Watson. You may communicate with him at night. Very important: another role in the game, Irene Adler, is a powerful character. She can join either you or Moriarty. She will join the first of you who approaches/investigates her.

Blynker, Jadesmar, Arminger
- Moran Mafia: Welcome to the Moran Mafia family ! Blynker is Colonel Sebastian Moran, Professor Moriarty's loyal follower. At the beginning of the game, Moran is the leader of the 'Moran' mafia family, a regular Mafia family, with one kill per night. Moran's initial role is described below (Moran role 1). Moran's role 1: every night, you investigate a player. The only answer you get from me is whether this person is or not Moriarty. Moriarty is also looking for you. As soon as contact is established, Moriarty takes control of the family, and Moran's role changes (the new role will be communicated to you then). Moran does not have Godfather immunity to investigation.He can't be the one out to assassinate and investigate on the same night. Jadesmar is Harry Sutton, a thug in the 'Moran' family. His sister, Ellen Sutton, is a townie. If he is sent to kill her, he recruits her instead, and she becomes mafia. Arminger is Oliver Clay, a thug in the 'Moran' family. Congratulations to all of you, and welcome to the evil side.

Kingpin
-
Mrs Hudson
: You are Mrs Hudson, landlady to Sherlock Holmes. You have no special power. You win with the town.

MeMe
- Professor James Moriarty: You are Professor Moriarty. Sherlock Holmes often refers to you as the 'Napoleon of Crime'. Indeed, your intelligence and ability to organize crime are unparalleled. You start the game separated from the two mafia families of the game: the 'Moran' family, and the 'Hound' family. The 'Moran' family is led by your old friend and lieutenant, Sebastian Moran. The 'Hound' family has just arrived in London; they kill by unleashing a Hound in the streets of London. You have to establish contact with each of these families separately. If you establish contact with a mafia family, you gain control of the family. Under your leadership, the forces of evil become more efficient, and act united. Contact with a mafia family can be established if: 1) you investigate a member of that family, 2) Colonel Sebastian Moran finds you (he is looking for you every night at the beginning of the game), 3) a thug of the Moran family attacks you, in which case he recognizes you and contact is established.
You can also force Irene Adler to work for you should you investigate her (blackmail), in effect recruiting her - if you find her before Sherlock does.

Totem
-
Inspector Lestrade
: You are Inspector Lestrade, a famous and respected Scotland Yard Inspector. Every night, you may investigate another player. Needless to say, you win with the town.

Porro
-
Townie (female)
: You are Jane Moore, a townie.

Mackay
-
Nurse
: You are Elizabeth Blessington. You are a nurse. You may protect one player every night; if that player is attacked, you cure his wounds and save his life. You win with the town.

Mith
-
Inspector Bradstreet
: You are Inspector Bradstreet, a Scotland Yard Inspector. While Scotland Yard Inspectors have a reputation of incompetence, your deductive skills and intelligence are high. You may investigate another player every night. Of course, you win with the town.

Jalyn
-
Beggar
: You are Sam, a beggar, wandering through the streets of London. ONCE IN THE GAME ONLY, you may tail a player of your choice to see what he does at night.You win with the town.

Discer
-
Townie (female)
; You are Sarah McMillan, a townie.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:20 pm

Post by London Mod »

- scoring imminent -
[i]"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job" [/i] - Sir Winston Churchill
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:11 am

Post by London Mod »

Hey Cadmium!

How are those scores coming along, old chum?
[i]"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job" [/i] - Sir Winston Churchill
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:14 am

Post by London Mod »

Don't worry, my friend. Don't worry.

I'm almost done here. It's a matter of minutes.
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:17 am

Post by London Mod »

You know what I told you, right? Don't force me ...
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:21 am

Post by London Mod »

Well, actually, you're making me a little curious here ;) ... Oh, all right then.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:28 am

Post by Cadmium »

Scores

After a lot of debating (and a
lot
of PM's :)), we have divided the points.

There are a certain number of points that could be earned by achieving things in the game. Here are the players that managed to fullfill a goal:

Code: Select all

Antrax                  (Victorious townie):                 +3
Blynker                 (Killing the Duke Of Kent):          +2
CaptainBlicero          (Alive at the end):                  +3
                        (Victorious townie):                 +3
d8p                     (Alive at the end):                  +3
discer                  (Victorious townie):                 +3
Dourgrim                (Alive at the end):                  +3
Kelvin/Dragon Phoenix   (Alive at the end):                  +3
Dragon Slayer           (Alive at the end):                  +3
Green Crayons           (Victorious townie):                 +3
Henchman                (Getting Baskerville lynched):       +2
                        (Capturing the documents):           +1
jeep                    (Victorious townie):                 +3
JereIC                  (Victorious townie):                 +3
KingPin                 (Victorious townie):                 +3
Korais666               (Alive at the end (arrested)):       +3
                        (Getting Baskerville lynched):       +2
                        (Capturing the documents):           +1
Mackay                  (Victorious townie):                 +3
DoomCow/massive         (Alive at the end):                  +3
mathcam                 (Victorious townie):                 +3
MeMe                    (Gaining control of a mafia family): +1
                        (Killing the Duke Of Kent):          +2
Indentureddjinn/Mikegoo (Finding two women in four nights):  +2
mith                    (Victorious townie):                 +3
Night Stalker           (Victorious townie):                 +3
Norinel                 (Alive at the end):                  +3
Porro                   (Alive at the end):                  +3
Darkblade/Quagmire      (Killing the Duke Of Kent):          +2
rite                    (Alive at the end):                  +3
Jalyn/Talitha           (Alive at the end):                  +3
Totem                   (Victorious townie):                 +3
Arminger/Untrod Tripod  (Killing the Duke Of Kent):          +2
Werebear                (Alive at the end):                  +3

Both Leonidas and I could give nine points each to players we thought to have played well. Five to the number one player and two to the number two and three players. We also could give an extra point to four townies contributing very well throughout the game (despite possible abilities):

MeMe                    (Playing Moriarty's role very well): +5
d8p                     (Blocking MeMe again and again):     +2
Night Stalker           (Playing John Smith):                +2
DoomCow/massive                                              +1
Jalyn/Talitha                                                +1
CaptainBlicero                                               +1
Norinel                                                      +1

Korais666               (Reaching three goals):              +5
Kelvin/Dragon Phoenix   (Leading the town to a victory):     +2
Totem                   (Interpeting his results very well): +2
Night Stalker                                                +1
Werebear                                                     +1
CaptainBlicero                                               +1
Norinel                                                      +1

Adding all points, the following scores were made:

Korais666               11
CaptainBlicero           8
d8p                      8
Kelvin/Dragon Phoenix    8
MeMe                     8
Norinel                  8
DoomCow/massive          7
Jalyn/Talitha            7
Werebear                 7
Dourgrim                 6
Dragon Slayer            6
Night Stalker            6
Porro                    6
rite                     6
Totem                    5
Antrax                   3
discer                   3
Green Crayons            3
Henchman                 3
jeep                     3
JereIC                   3
KingPin                  3
Mackay                   3
mathcam                  3
mith                     3
Blynker                  2
Indentureddjinn/Mikegoo  2
Darkblade/Quagmire       2
Arminger/Untrod Tripod   2

Congrats to you all and thank you for playing. We had
the
most fun modding. We're looking forward seeing you back in part two!
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:43 am

Post by London Mod »

Confirm these are the final scores.

Let's have tea, Cad, Leo. :wink:
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:12 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

This game was awesome. Definetly
IN
and anxious to start London Mafia 2!

-DS
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:22 am

Post by MeMe »

Congratulations korais! And I'll be second in line for London 2 -- I lived and breathed this game...I don't think I've
ever
been sadder to read my name in the morning death scene.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Totem
Totem
Saves London
Totem
Saves London
Saves London

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:55 am

Post by Totem »

This was the biggest game I ever played. Massive amount of text made this quite difficult but I enjoyed It much.
I almost laughed loudly every time when I played TOO MUCH like the real Lestrade. Making mistakes and confusing town.

I bet everyone of you wants to know results of the night when I investigated Meme:

Upon investigation, there seems to be something strange about MeMe too. You don't know exactly what's going on here. She hasn't done anything wrong but you get the feeling she's going to be a lot of trouble

Suspicious,eh? And how did the investigation of innocent mason looked like:

At first, Dourgrim seems to be an innocent painter. But one does not fool you so easily. His paintings are extremely strange; you feel they may be designed to conceal secret informations, or to serve the interests of an evil cult. 

And what happend after my deathscene? Look what I received from MeMe (who was sure i almost caught her) :
You waited one day too long...
Inspector Lestrade - Totem
[size=75]Saves London.[/size]
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:13 am

Post by d8P »

/IN for the second. And the third, for that matter. :)
Wowness.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:18 am

Post by mathcam »

Indeed..I don't think I've ever been sadder to read my name in the morning death scene.
I'll second that. I had great plans of how to play out the rest of the game (I was Watson) once the morning started, and then poof...my dreams were shattered.

You bastards. :)

Cam
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:31 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Yeah, I was looking foward to knowing mathcam in the game and beingable to strategize with him. Personally, I'd think that if he joined me in lynching UT, then more people would have joined faster. But nooo, DP comes in and says a little something and votes him and BAM! Everyone joins him and commends his work....wth is with that :? !?

-DS
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:51 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

See, I had followed MeMe the night before you tried to get UT lynched. She had targeted UT, so when he turned up alive the next Day, and she was defending him, I figured she had gotten some kind of investigative result clearing him. Boy, was that wrong.

Definitely waiting for the next London to start....
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:40 pm

Post by Werebear »

/in for number two. Only 7 points? I was a good Mycroft! rofl. Just kidding, I'm happy with 7. However, it seems the ones who get the points are the ones with the great roles, or the hopeless ones. ;) John Smith, bah humbug.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:54 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Good job, korais!

BUt you know why I didn't get many points? I got killed the night I replaced. It was kinda sucky. :(
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:26 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Wow, I guess I played a lot worse than I thought...
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:00 pm

Post by Norinel »

And I had a little backup plan to jump ship if things got too messed up for the town, (Claiming without mentioning the recruitment should've done it, or slipping "harry" into a post) when Quagmire went and got himself killed. But subjective points and the 5-way tie for second are also good. Have I mentioned that this game is making me rethink not signing up for large games, and that I definitely want to be in for the next one?

Could we see the night choices and results?
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:17 pm

Post by korais666 »

...I don't think I've
ever
been sadder to read my name in the morning death scene.
Hah, sorry about that. I wasn't trying to be cruel. I actually was feeling the game was kind of hopeless for me the last night, when I killed you. I was *sort of* trying to kill the mafia, for fear that you would kill me sooner or later. On the other hand, I knew if I DID hit Moriarty (which I did :P ) then I would be screwed. What were there, 11 people left after my lynching? Also, thanks for the 3 points even though I was lynched 8)

For my roleclaim, I was thinking about BSing my roleclaim as being Mr. Stapleton, but that I became a vigilante once Sir William was dead. Is that vaguely plausible? After all, look at my kills:

1) Blessington, Nurse
*Stapleton dies*
3) Watson, doc, shot and hounded at the same time. (I could come up with an excuse :roll:)
5) Harry Sutton, Mafia
7) Moriarty, Godfather
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:21 pm

Post by korais666 »

Double post to add:

Now I bet I'm gonna get some super-powerful town role, and everyone's gonna lynch me right away so I don't win!
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:32 pm

Post by London Mod »

Norinel: I'll see what I can do ;)

Scoring: it was really very difficult for us to come up with an estimate of scores. We tried our best. Also, we chose 'category+goals+selective bonus' over 'individual score' - a method that allowed us to boost a few players, but, I agree, does not fully reflect each and every individual contribution.

As they are, we feel the scores are consistent. Korais gets 11 points, (he was actually a mere mafia thug, in a small family, attacking only once every second night); Norinel is strong too, and was a simple townie, made weaker by her indirect link to the mafia.

By all means, we are open to all suggestions for the next game.

On the game:
As you probably discovered after reading the roles - the Town's job was far from easy. Townies were named, but were
REALLY
townies ! Which should have made the mafia's job much easier in terms of role-claiming / getting innocents lynched.

As to the story itself, everything depended on the Moran family sending signals to Moriarty early on. Had this taken place, the Moran mafia would have been formidable, and Moriarty, protected by his thugs, could really have devastated the Town. (btw: Only Sherlock could get a 'guilty' result on Moriarty, and then he would have to wait the next night to receive the info).
Last edited by London Mod on Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:35 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm /in for the next game(s) most definitely
London Mod
London Mod
Goon
London Mod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:39 pm

Post by London Mod »

Needless to say: you can imagine the consequences for both sides - in terms of scoring - if the mafia wins a game. :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”