More Leeway for Normal Flavor

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:00 am

Post by Andrius »

Ythill wrote: A story about 12 treasure hunters in which three of them have made a pact to kill off the others and split the loot. The tale of a New England town infiltrated by a coven of witches. The story of a deep-space crew being attacked by doppleganger aliens. A game about an army recon team trying to find the traitors in their midst. Etcetera. Keep in mind that I'm only talking about lynch/death scene flavor and maybe generic role names (with measures taken to prevent them from affecting the game). I'm strictly suggesting original material, not themes based on pop-/sub-culture.
I love me some flavor. I totally agree with this part here. I plan on running my first Open in a Bakery scenario, (somewhat of an inside joke, read my wiki if you want to know), without changing roles or much wording.
This is also the reason that I plan to mod mostly theme games, because I love good flavor and normal games are too... 'normal' at times. >_>
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Andrius »

mith wrote: Re: translating, I was strictly talking about Open games there. (That is, I don't think it would necessarily affect gameplay to allow flavored PMs in Open games, but I do think it could lead to confusion, or annoyance on the part of those who want to ignore the flavor, so providing a translated version of the PM would be an inelegant option to solve that.)
While this wasn't meant for me, I'll keep it in mind. :D
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”