PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:30 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Camping plans fell through. I am no longer V/LA.
Papa Zito wrote:
Er. Well, PaltryExcuse didn't respond to his PM but yeah he did post in the game (and I even recorded the vote?) so.
I should read role PMs more thoroughly.
Plus I somehow managed to be in the Not Voting category. I'm doing well. :D
Beefster wrote:1. Pepsi or Coke?
2. Favorite Setup?
3. How would you describe your meta?
4. Win/loss record?
5. Maximum number of games you'll play in at one time?
1. Pepsi: No alcohol. Coke: With alcohol.
2. Don't have one.
3. Stubborn.
4. 6-2-1 (Win-Loss-Abandoned)
5. 3
@Beefster: These are pretty harmless questions, what information did you hope to gain out of them specifically?

@Zajnet: I was curious as to why you called someone a lurker who posted before you is all.
UNVOTE: Zajnet

@SV: Please explain why you unvoted when you weren't even voting.
VOTE: Shattered Viewpoint
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

StrangerCoug wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:@SV: Please explain why you unvoted when you weren't even voting.
How is that a tell?
SV does something that made no sense, and was just unvoting perhaps to go through the motions. Doesn't care so much where his vote was laid... it wasn't comforting. His defense? Reaction-eering.

Is this the strongest case ever? No. But I'm okay with that as of now.

@SC: Why me over Sotty7?

@Anyone who is solely answering the questions set by Beefster:
Do you see any benefit to Beefster's questions?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:34 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Beefster, Enigma: You've both done a bit of talking but I don't see much in the way of scumhunting. Silver, you've defended yourself, but what do you think of other players in this game? Beefster, you've mentioned you don't get why people are voting SV, but what about it don't you get? Are people on it suspicious to you?

@SV: If avoiding questions or withholding information is silver's meta as town, it turns the action into anti-town in many cases, not scummy. If avoiding Beefster's questions is not scummy, what are you suspicious of Silver for? Silver reads newbish much more than he reads town or scum at this time to me.

Talk more later. Going canoeing.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Hi Everyone. Paltry here and reporting in.

SV's overreaction and the attention he seems to be getting reads more exasperated than caught scum. With so much attention so quick, I would find it difficult no matter what in his situation, and I'm not really that confident in him being scum based on the 'unvote' test. I still don't like the play, but at this point my attention has been turned elsewhere. Long story short: his play, although odd, does not merit a lynch at this point.

UNVOTE: Shattered Viewpoint

My gaze turns to...

Enigma! Enigma has provided us with random votes and theory talk, 2 easy things for newer scum to do when they don't want to A) Bandwagon or B) Scum hunt.
He seems to prepping a poor reason himself to jump onto the SV-wagon:
Enigma wrote:@SV
I said it before: I doubt scum skim, they are more careful than everyone else imo. Pretty pathetic reasoning there. Why exactly do you think scum skim?
And this question to StrangerCoug just feels OFF:
Enigma wrote:@Stranger
With so many VT's in this game and a very unpredictable set up it is kind of obsolete claiming. He could fake claim VT and everyone would be pretty much just as clueless as before at this stage. Given you gave some thought into this setup (I sure hope you did) I'm sure you would have considered this possibility.
Isn't it kind of ironic when you are telling him to claim when you pretty much know exactly what he is going to claim?
And so:
VOTE: Enigma
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Zorblag wrote: @Paltry Excuse, why do you think scum wouldn't want to bandwagon?
-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Firstly, to cover all bases, scum grouping together early doesn't happen. So, with the amount of people on SV, scum could be on it and bandwagoning. Which makes any scum off it trying to find an excuse to get on it if SV flips town.

But mostly it is due to my first game. I was scum. I pressured the leading wagon without voting it (as I have seen Enigma do at Shattered Viewpoint). But then I didn't join on. I said little in the way of scum hunting and really didn't scum hunt at all until the next day. With the size of this game (18 people, 4 mafia), scum needs to survive a while.
Enigma, to me, hasn't even bothered to check their surroundings, and argues theory still. Participating, but not really looking anywhere. The theory talk is a way of looking active without actually
progressing
. He argues that StrangerCoug is wrong in wanting a claim, that SV is wrong in his reasoning, but doesn't vote either. The hesitance to bandwagon shows a disagreement in theory (and if town perhaps thinking they are BSing), but without the vote, scumminess. Plus that question to StrangerCoug really rankles me, on something I can't place.

Long story short: Newer scum doesn't want to bandwagon in case they group with other scum on a bandwagon, and doesn't want to get caught on 'bandwagoning' like Zajnet is now. Enigma is doing everything Zajnet ISN'T doing without really doing anything. So, I vote and suspect.
[/drunkpost]
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:31 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Enigma wrote:That's actually a valid tell AGar, suprised I haven't heard of it yet.

@Paltry
I'm pretty sure I withhold my vote in many games regardless of my alignment. Unless I'm initiating a new lead I see no point in adding to a bandwagon where unless myself/town are prepared to hammer. Especially in a game with 18 people where 10 are needed to vote, I'm not putting down a vote unless I'm convinced it is beneficial. A few votes on selected people can easily be shrugged off in a game this big, I would much prefer to see how people respond to thoughts and discussion with such a long time before the deadline.
If town, there is no progression in this post still; nothing that tells me who you believe is scum. That was my main point against you. The secondary part seems to be you're prepping yourself to vote SV, the biggest wagon, and then you didn't. Giving yourself a reason to vote the biggest wagon to hammer it (or anything like that) without really saying anything with a poor reason is scummy. Who do you suspect? Why aren't you pursuing them? Why are you talking about theory again rather than doing so?

Secondly, on the person by person basis: With this many people, one vote wouldn't hurt unless you were planning to vote SV.

None of those questions have been answered, and they are concerning.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Sotty7 wrote:I'm liking Paltry's 163 post on Enigma. It is a newbie scum tell but can be applied here. I will have to go back and read and see the context. Paltry, are you pushing on Enigma because you think Shattered is town?
I wouldn't say I'm confident Shattered is town, I'm just not confident he's scum either. I'm seeing it more as a difference in playstyle / frustration with early pressure. This wishy-washy read of mine pales in comparison to someone who I believe has acted scummy.

@Col. Cathart, Zorblag & silverbullet999: What do you think of Enigma's play?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:23 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

silverbullet999 wrote:-Paltry
What do you think of Enigma's play?
Isoing now...

Wow... not much of a contributor atm. To push him to actually scumhunt and what not...

VOTE: Enigma

(I still am leaning SV as scum though...)
Although happy with an Enigma vote, I'm looking for scumhunting from your slot as well. If you think SV is scum your vote should be there. I'm through with pressure votes and now I'm voting ye who I find most likely to be scum. You not doing the same is scummy in my eyes.

@CKD: Is this a policy lynch of Chronopie, or is there some underlying meta of lurking-Chrono = scum-Chrono?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:42 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

If you're concerned with smashbro's activity, why not ask for a prod? Like so...

Mod: Please prod smashbro_of_the_SSS.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:55 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:If you're concerned with smashbro's activity, why not ask for a prod?
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:We'll get to him tomorrow.
Asking for a prod is effortless, and gets him here and talking sooner rather than later. I'm not going to suspect someone based on "they aren't here playing the game". If you can give me one good reason not to ask for a prod of a semi-absent player in comparison to waiting until the next day phase I'm all ears.
ConfidAnon wrote:SV seems to be actually making an attempt at scumhunting, and although Enigma is quiet, his posts seem to be trying to prompt discussion. Also, I can see the town motivation for withholding a vote, it doesn't seem to me like a scum only tell. Zajnet has a bunch of noise, and the content he does give is short little blurbs like "the quote irks me" or "gut read + the unvote thing." (Those aren't verbatim.)
Constant theory talk, which led me to Enigma, is why I suspect him. Theory talk is easy to do as scum as you can be truthful without revealing ANYTHING. They encourage talk meant for MD and doesn't aid in scumhunting, it hinders it. I don't mind a little when defending yourself / explaining yourself, but he has done nothing but it. Do you know Enigma's suspicions? I currently have vague guesses but really no firm idea.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:31 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@Zorblag: Is the tumescence vote one because of the BaM ruleset or just another Lynching lurkers thing?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:32 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Oh. And AGar, Confid's recent reaction to Enigma has gotten me thinking you may be right. I still feel Enigma is more likely scum though.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:23 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Enigma has mega mega posts, and some of it has logic in it. The point he's making about Zorblag is a valid one, especially considering the deadline is approaching and it is more than time enough to make a decision about one of the active players or something more solid on an inactive. I am only disappointed that this kind of play didn't come forward before he got pressure on him and the scumhunting didn't seem so reaction-ary.

tumescence needs to desperately get in here more often, and with something more mind expanding. His ISO is barren.

Shattered Viewpoint has died since the pressure on his wagon has done so. Paltry no happy. We need Zajnet's ass in here too.

@Mod: I'm-a gonna ask for prods on anyone who hasn't posted in 48 hours as of this post. As such, please prod Chronopie, Shattered Viewpoint, smashbro_of_the_SSS, Zajnet, and Zorblag.

If it wasn't obvious from above, I'm a little shaken in my view of Enigma-scum.
So,
UNVOTE: Enigma

However,
ConfidAnon wrote:I don't get it.

If I don't say anything, I'm not contributing.

If I do say something, I'm suspicious.

What is there that I can do without getting voted? (Honest question.)
You're suspicious because you're saying things without really contributing. If I wanted to know the largest wagon at the time, I should read your ISO.

I officially now endorse a ConfidAnon wagon via AGar's observations.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:23 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

EBWOP:
VOTE: ConfidAnon
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Speak of the devil and he returns.

@Mod: Did you send Zajnet a prod?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Hm. Ignore that last question mod and the prod request for Zajnet.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:34 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Hello Ninja Mafia Boogaloo peoples!

Right now, with very limited time remaining on the deadlinometer, we need a lynch. If you are not voting for any of the three vote getters (ConfidAnon, Enigma, or Shattered Viewpoint) or the 4 vote getter (Zajnet) then please do so now.

My lynch preference at this time is:

ConfidAnon, Zajnet, Enigma, then Shattered Viewpoint.

ConfidAnon and Zajnet have one thing in common, they vote for a leading wagon constantly, and there is little in the way of scumhunting. Add to it, Confid's appeal for aid bothers me.
Zajnet wrote:
Zorblag wrote:@Zajnet, it's interesting that you'd notice Paltry Excuse had posted but (apparently, given your first post) not AGar.
I had noticed that AGar had posted, and actually I was jokingly responding to his semi-V/LA status. It was random, befitting of the RVS.
This post is a bit disturbing as well. There seems to be a lot of thought for something so befitting of RANDOM. Something reads eerie to me. Secondly, the recent response without prod despite having limited time to post anything against tumescence or even his reflections on an ISO of Zorblag are disturbing.

Enigma still hurts when it comes to his early game, but he actually did follow through on some content. Scummy? Yes, but there seem to be others just as scummy who could be more of a detriment to town anyways.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

GOOD FREAKING CRAP. I mention Zajnet twice now and he comes. Zajnet, on that alone, you're creeping past ConfidAnon. You were voting for one of the 4 wagonees (SV) and then you switch off using "we need a lynch" as an excuse. Bad bad bad.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:22 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

This post bothers me. Can you figure out why?

Anyways, I'm finishing up finals and will be more active after this Tuesday.

Return to “Completed Open Games”