ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:22 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Vote: curiouskarmadog

Curiosity killed the cat . . . therefore, he is a killer.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:52 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

So leik I'm going to make a substantial post today.

Sorry, been busy.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:37 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Beefster, 25 wrote:1. Pepsi or Coke?
2. Favorite Setup?
3. How would you describe your meta?
4. Win/loss record?
5. Maximum number of games you'll play in at one time?
1. Pepsi
2. A surprising closed setup
3. Unmotivated
4. Haven't kept track
5. Three
Beefster, 39 wrote:2. I thought My Name is Earl was interesting.
Oh hi!

Please don't kill me. xD
PaltryExcuse, 53 wrote:@Anyone who is solely answering the questions set by Beefster:
Do you see any benefit to Beefster's questions?
No. But they are fun.
Sotty7, 77 wrote:Please explain why not answering those RQS is scummy.
This.

Shattered Viewpoint's post seemed like a huge overreaction.
Zajnet, 104 wrote:Yeah, I didn't see your post when I made mine.

On a side note, @ConfidAnon: I loved The Mole! That show was cool.
So do I. I actually host off-site online versions of the game.

/off-topic (PM me if you want to know more)

Anyways, for now, I support the SV wagon.

Unvote, Vote: Shattered Viewpoint
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:51 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Gammagooey wrote:Hey guys, Assuming that I can count correctly, SV is at L-2. No OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS THE HAMMER OH NOES please. Especially since some people haven't even made a serious/non-RQS post yet.
So true.
smashbro wrote:However, going over the votes, it seems like Zajnet has been voting opportunisticly. The first vote is to continue a wagon on AGar. He is the fourth vote on this, saying to wagon the lurker. He then votes Shattered Viewpoint, joining the now popular wagon.
This is true as well.

And given SV's new explanation and the speed of the wagon . . .
Unvote, Vote: Zajnet

(Yes, I know this is my second bandwagony vote.)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:23 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Sotty7 wrote:As far as the whole scum skimming thing, I find it depends on the player. To just say scum are more generally to skim is pretty much BS because I have seen plenty of scum be very invested into games, planning their moves trying to control the town. Have I ever seen skimming scum? Sure. But the whole thing is a null tell because you can argue it either way. Ideally, no one should be skimming but there is logical reasons for both town and scum to being so. Unless you have some epic meta on a player in question the tell is really useless. Now if you want to spin "skimming" into "active lurking" then you might have more of a point.

I'm liking Paltry's 163 post on Enigma. It is a newbie scum tell but can be applied here. I will have to go back and read and see the context. Paltry, are you pushing on Enigma because you think Shattered is town?
Enigma Post 166 wrote:I'm
pretty sure
I withhold my vote in many games regardless of my alignment.
Do you with hold your vote or not?
Damn it Sotty . . . after reading the thread, I wanted to make a post such as yours.

But you already made it.

I agree with Sotty7.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:48 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:@ConfidAnon - That's all you have to say? How about you start putting some effort into the game?
I'm not that great at this game, I'm trying to get better. Walls of text and deep intellectual arguments - not my forte. What I noticed in the thread was summed up in Sotty7's post. So I agreed with it. How am I not putting "effort" into this game when my thoughts have been summed up by someone else's post?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:45 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:Because you haven't posted a single thought of your own in this game yet, just opportunistically hopped on bandwagons (one of which, you hopped on because a player was himself being opportunistic) and posted "I agree with X."
. . . you didn't read my post, did you?

Oh well, no point arguing about this particular subject.

Anyways, I iso'd SV, Enigma, and Zajnet.

I still like my vote on Zajnet over the other two.

SV seems to be actually making an attempt at scumhunting, and although Enigma is quiet, his posts seem to be trying to prompt discussion. Also, I can see the town motivation for withholding a vote, it doesn't seem to me like a scum only tell. Zajnet has a bunch of noise, and the content he does give is short little blurbs like "the quote irks me" or "gut read + the unvote thing." (Those aren't verbatim.)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:06 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Constant theory talk, which led me to Enigma, is why I suspect him. Theory talk is easy to do as scum as you can be truthful without revealing ANYTHING. They encourage talk meant for MD and doesn't aid in scumhunting, it hinders it. I don't mind a little when defending yourself / explaining yourself, but he has done nothing but it. Do you know Enigma's suspicions? I currently have vague guesses but really no firm idea.
Good point.

So, Enigma, who do you suspect?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:Oh I'm sorry, you used a "reaction" (crud) and an "explanation and speed of the wagon" (also crud) to justify votes. So much better..

-_-
Not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about where I said "I'm not that great at this game, I'm trying to get better. Walls of text and deep intellectual arguments - not my forte. What I noticed in the thread was summed up in Sotty7's post. So I agreed with it. "

I understand why you'd call me scummy, but there's no need to be a douche about it.
PaltryExcuse wrote:Oh. And AGar, Confid's recent reaction to Enigma has gotten me thinking you may be right. I still feel Enigma is more likely scum though.
I don't get it.

If I don't say anything, I'm not contributing.

If I do say something, I'm suspicious.

What is there that I can do without getting voted? (Honest question.)
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Sotty7 wrote:Major AtE here and a over generalization. You aren't being found suspicious by these players simply because your posting, it is what you are posting. In essence, this is mafia people are going to find you suspicious. If you are town and doing what you think needs to be done to find the scum, this really shouldn't bother you. By all means defend yourself, but taking it as a personal shot which this quote seems to suggest isn't helpful and is scummy in itself.
Not meaning to make it sound like I'm taking it personally, more as trying to learn.

I agree that the Chronopie post is good.

(fixed quote tag)
Last edited by Papa Zito on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:39 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Beefster wrote:I did a quick ISO over Zajnet. He has posted nothing but fluff and opportunistic votes.
How is Zajnet different from say, me?
Enigma wrote:That is pretty pathetic. I don't even know what you are agreeing with. Me being suss or scum skimming? You've done nothing in this game but bandwagon.
You should probably run to the presses with that last bit. I don't think they've heard it yet.

Also, why Zorblag? You didn't even mention him in your post.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:37 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Enigma - The part about skimming and the part where he asks you whether you withhold your vote or not.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

PaltryExcuse wrote:You're suspicious because you're saying things without really contributing. If I wanted to know the largest wagon at the time, I should read your ISO.

I officially now endorse a ConfidAnon wagon via AGar's observations.
And how is this not agreeing with AGar and following his suspicions? (The same thing that I am accused of doing.)
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Confid can be tomorrow.

Enigma today.
Why?
Sotty7 wrote:I have played with Confid before, I see nothing different in this game.
Hooray for consistent failage!

Keeping my vote on Zajnet because we need a lynch.

Also agree that tumescence is scummy, just iso'd him. tumescence, could you clarify more on your "town read" of silverbullet?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:05 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

What the crap? Why would they kill someone who everyone said they would vote for for hammering?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:03 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Vote: Chronopie

Baa.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

KageLord wrote:It's a bit disconcerting how quickly the Chrono wagon is taking off. Sure he's lurking, but is that really what we want to be going after at this point? Smells like at least 1 scum on the wagon to me. But I suppose we can wait for a Chrono flip before deciding on that, if people are adamant about lynching him.
Unvote, Vote: KageLord

You are attacking the bandwagon, yet saying it's ok to lynch who the bandwagon is on? Sounds like scum setting up for suspicion on Chronopie votes if he's town.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:Today he comes in, makes this post, and then hops on ANOTHER opportunistic bandwagon with no information (same play as D1).
Commenting on a trippy night kill is suspicious. Yup.

Also, I'm on the biggest bandwagon ever. It's got all of . . . one vote. And it's mine.

Seriously, your persistance almost makes me want to get lynched just for the reaction's sake. :D
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:26 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

KageLord wrote:@Confid, I think AGar was referring to your vote on Chrono, not your vote on me.
I know, but he ignored my vote on you in his defense.
StrangerCoug wrote:Oh, come on. If you're resigning to your lynch as a reaction test, the only reaction you're going to get is hatred of you. You have until I get home to post a decent defense against AGar before I vote you.
You think if I had one I would have kept it quiet by now?

Anyways, I'll try, but I'm not gonna win a Pulitzer (and judging by this game, get votes in the process.)

His most recent post (the one with the dumb attention grabbing letters that serve no purpose other than him hearing his own voice) starts out by calling my post commenting on the Enigma kill scummy. Commenting on a night kill is, in my opinion, a null tell. I would be suspicious of someone for prolonged discussion of the night kill rather than scumhunting, but I don't see why it's scummy. He's going to pull out a "yada yada yada new players are more likely to comment on their handiwork as scum" in response to this. Yea right, it's just an argument he's using to make me fit into his scum view of me and get you folks to vote me. There is nothing about a simple post at the beginning of the day commenting on the night kill which would be scummy.

Sure, I hopped on the Chronopie wagon. It's not like there was a convincing case posted by someone or anything. I agreed with the case on Chronopie posted by curiouskarmadog. Sue me. Although it is quite humorous that in order to continue tunnelling on me, AGar ignores my resoning for voting KageLord. Instead he says I'm attacking him because he attacked the Chronopie wagon. Not true at all. Someone didn't read my post.

Earlier, Day 1, he suspected me for bandwagoning and AtE. Sure, I bandwagoned. AtE? Wasn't intending on using it, but I did, looking back. There's not really a defense that can be given for those.

AGar, who are my scumpartners? You are very dead-set on me being scum, try looking outside the tunnel for answers and post some more reads.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:56 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:But with CA's behavior and the post, it seems to be just one more scumtell.
Isn't this the definition of confirmation bias?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:09 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Beefster wrote:I don't like this defense one bit, as it reeks of AoE and a pinch of WIFOM.
Of course it reeks like wifom. I'm asked to defend why I'm not scum. That in and of itself IS wifom.
AGar wrote:So.. have you read the thread? The part where he asks what to do to not look scummy and the frustration? THE THINGS THAT NEWBS DO?
I notice that you didn't say the things that scum do, you said the things that newbs do.
AGar wrote:Read the thread before you make asinine posts. FFS, I said that it is a tell likely to be used by new players. -_-
He was commenting on the post immediately previous to his . . . the one I quoted above. Pretty easy to tell based on the carat.

Also, AGar, why have you ignored things like my defense and my reasoning for voting KageLord?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:46 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

AGar wrote:I've not ignored your defense, I'm simply not going to reply to it because your defense is an OMGUS driven counter-argument. No sense in trying to debunk it.
And I'm misrepresenting you? I never said I suspected you . . . so how can it be OMGUS? However, attacking someone and not giving their defense the time of day is kinda suspicious.
FoS: AGar

You have no comment about the reasoning behind the KageLord vote. You immediately wrote it off as scummy. What is your thoughts on the reasoning behind it?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Beefster wrote:
AGar wrote:Newb + Newb Scumtell = Potential Scum
Confid isn't a newb! I'm failing to see your logic.
My case on tume points out something that I'd EXPECT a newb to do, but is scummy for anyone.
Time wise, not a noob. Experience wise for play on this particular site, probably a newb.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:19 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Ignoring AGar for right now because it's not going to go anywhere. Also, don't want this to become flaming.

Still don't like KageLord setting up a policy lynch.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:20 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

KageLord wrote:Might be a bit WIFOMy (I hate this excuse for ignoring an argument), but I don't know why I'd set up a policy lynch (not even sure how I could be since I assume he will post something semi-useful to save himself before the end of the day, rendering my "policy lynch setup" moot) on Chrono for the end of the day when I could have just as easily jumped on the already forming wagon. I wouldn't look any more conspicuous than the person who gave "Baa." as a reason.
If he did, you could just jump off of it.
AGar wrote:Because I'm right?

You asked why I was ignoring your defense. I said it was OMGUS loaded. You claimed it wasn't. I pointed out the reasons it was.

You asked why I ignored your reason for voting. I pointed out that I hadn't, and re-iterated how I felt about it.

Why are you now choosing to ignore me?
We've been going back and forth for a while now, and I expect if I keep responding, we will keep doing so. Not going to clog up the thread.

Anyways, I want to do a mass iso later today and see what I come up with. I've got another game I'm doing this in, so I'm not sure when it will happen, but I will try to get it in today.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:49 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

I agree with the point about Beefster's behavior at the end of Day 2 being fail bussing.

Vote: Beefster
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Equinoz - your avatar is Batler. You win.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:41 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Vote: silverbullet999

"When I flip Townie" comment plus the flailing during this game day = probably scum.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Equinox wrote:silverbullet999's behavior is inexcusable, but his tone has me wondering if he's genuinely frustrated. In other news, ConfidAnon is opportunistic scumbag.
Frustration is a nulltell, and doesn't have to be faked as scum. Strange reasoning for switching a vote.

I'd say SB, for the flailing, and now Equinox, for moving his vote off of SB with odd reasoning.

I'm not emotionally invested in this game, so I'm not really motivated to actively scumhunt. Meh. Explains my low activity.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Nah it wouldn't, the replacement would take too long with the game at 25 pages.

I'm a VT.

Return to “Completed Open Games”