Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Beefster wrote:1. Pepsi or Coke?
Pepsi if I have to. Stopped drinking pop a month or so ago.
Beefster wrote:2. Favorite Setup?
I don't really have a favorite setup, long as it's not a bastard game I'll probably play. I do like games that are more about the scum hunting and less about the power roles though.
Beefster wrote:3. How would you describe your meta?
I question and prod a lot, so I'd say I have a pressure style of play.
Beefster wrote:4. Win/loss record?
Actually have no idea, played way too many games. I am trying to update my wiki but it is taking forever. I will say I have been winning more games than losing recently. But I don't have exact stats.
Beefster wrote:5. Maximum number of games you'll play in at one time?
Five is probably the max, but I am trying to keep it to around 2-3 now.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Gammagooey Post 42 wrote:
Vote:Sotty

Sorry for helping SpyreX lynch you in Reverb >.>
Damn that powerful wizard. He confused me :(

I would also like to know why SV unvoted. Even if he had a vote active, unvoting because "RVS is over" is really lame.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Unvote, Vote: Shattered Viewpoint
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

StrangerCoug wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:@SC: Why me over Sotty7?
Sotty7 said that Shattered Viewpoint "unvoted" solely because the RVS is over. I think what's running through his mind is that, if SV thinks that, he should at the very least chip in about what's going on, and preferably vote someone he thinks is scummy. SV didn't explicitly mention the RVS, but I think he's the last person that could have ended it.
It was partly that, but also I didn't like his response to Paltry's question, in that I don't believe he did it as a "test". Since then he has also gone on to make a joke vote (or at least it feels some what jokey to me) in post 49 which doesn't seem to back up his earlier "RVS unvote".
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #77 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Shattered Viewpoint Post 69 wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:Fineee I'll answer... I was looking and couldn't find the game... though I could have sworn I played with beefster before... Maybe I'm losing my mind as beef didn't show any love to me in his posts.
This -- is totally, completely scummy. YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTIONS FOR BEEFSTER. You are answering them FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL OF US.

Thus, you are trying to
keep information to yourself.
Scum.

My vote remains, and now with extra bonus Good Reason.
Please explain why not answering those RQS is scummy.
Shattered Viewpoint Post 69 wrote:And to the rest of you: I have a unique playstyle. You don't like it, too damned bad.

I unvoted for precisely the reason I stated: To see if you people were PAYING ATTENTION. Some are, some are NOT.

I knew where my vote was (or wasn't, in this specific case). I
always
know where my vote is, and I never post without knowing that.

I engage, from time to time, in "tests" and "traps" designed to see what people are thinking. If you can't handle Advanced Scumhunting 101, you're on the wrong site.

Good day, sirs.
What do you think about the people who are "paying attention"?
What about those who aren't?
Do you have proof of other games where you have pulled a "test" like this before?
What has your advanced scum hunting 101 yielded and why haven't you shared it with the group?

= = = = = =
Beefster Post 70 wrote:
Col.Cathart wrote:Why did you answer for him?
Why not?
Pretty sure that isn't an answer.
StrangerCoug Post 76 wrote:
Beefster wrote:Besides, there are four scum. You should have asked who his scum pal
s
were. :P
Modkill fishing FTL.
FoS: Beefster
Mod kill fishing?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:22 am

Post by Sotty7 »

StrangerCoug Post 78 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:
StrangerCoug Post 76 wrote:
Beefster wrote:Besides, there are four scum. You should have asked who his scum pal
s
were. :P
Modkill fishing FTL.
FoS: Beefster
Mod kill fishing?
Trying to get another player modkilled.
Yeah I get that part, I just don't understand how Beef was trying to do that in your opinion.

Happy late bday Chronopie.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Zorblag Post 118 wrote:@Sotty7, if you don't think I'm paying attention to the type of game this is do you disagree with any of my rules of thumb for what we want to do here? I claim that I'm pretty sure I know both the setup and the player mix we're dealing with and I made that post because I thought it was important to get that stuff out there.
No, the general advice was good. I just used it as a reason for my not so random, random vote.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

As far as the whole scum skimming thing, I find it depends on the player. To just say scum are more generally to skim is pretty much BS because I have seen plenty of scum be very invested into games, planning their moves trying to control the town. Have I ever seen skimming scum? Sure. But the whole thing is a null tell because you can argue it either way. Ideally, no one should be skimming but there is logical reasons for both town and scum to being so. Unless you have some epic meta on a player in question the tell is really useless. Now if you want to spin "skimming" into "active lurking" then you might have more of a point.

I'm liking Paltry's 163 post on Enigma. It is a newbie scum tell but can be applied here. I will have to go back and read and see the context. Paltry, are you pushing on Enigma because you think Shattered is town?
Enigma Post 166 wrote:I'm
pretty sure
I withhold my vote in many games regardless of my alignment.
Do you with hold your vote or not?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #209 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I was thinking about putting my vote on Enigma but I don't like the Col. C's hop on the wagon in post 181. Just feels really opportunistic. Col, why didn't you vote Beef? I feel like you voted Enigma here to appease Paltry.

Ugh, I see Silver does basically the same thing as Col. C. Silver do you find Enigma scummy? Why did you basically announce your vote to only be a pressure one (voting him so he scum hunts)?
Shattered Viewpoint Post 189 wrote:
unvote

I must say, SmashBro is doing a FINE JOB OF LURKING. We'll get to him tomorrow.

For now,

Vote: enigma
Why?

= = = = =
Zorblag Post 197 wrote:UNVOTE: KageLord
VOTE: tumescence
Who is your biggest suspect out of the “active” players?

= = = = =
ConfidAnon Post 207 wrote:
PaltryExcuse wrote:Oh. And AGar, Confid's recent reaction to Enigma has gotten me thinking you may be right. I still feel Enigma is more likely scum though.
I don't get it.

If I don't say anything, I'm not contributing.

If I do say something, I'm suspicious.

What is there that I can do without getting voted? (Honest question.)
Major AtE here and a over generalization. You aren't being found suspicious by these players simply because your posting, it is
what
you are posting. In essence, this is mafia people are going to find you suspicious. If you are town and doing what you think needs to be done to find the scum, this really shouldn't bother you. By all means defend yourself, but taking it as a personal shot which this quote seems to suggest isn't helpful and is scummy in itself.

In other news, I liked Chronopie's review of the pages. Although it did come a little close to information over analysis, but the little “results” at the bottom of each page where mostly statements I agreed with. I'm not interested in lynching him right now. Enigma, Col.C, Silver and Shattered are more likely to be scum in my eyes.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #218 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

That someone was me, is it so hard to read the thread and remember these things?

I'm all for putting pressure on people, but announcing that the vote is nothing more than a pressure vote, not only takes
away
the pressure by cluing in the player on your intentions. But is also is a way of absolving you of any real responsibility for this wagon. You seemed to have abandoned your top suspect to pressure a lurker who hasn't posted since the wagon formed. I fail to see how this is helpful in rooting out scum.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #224 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:45 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Silver, would rather get closer to a lynch or vote and pressure the scummiest player in your eyes? Keep in mind we have about a week left in the deadline.

Col. C
I had a question for you in 209.
AGar Post 223 wrote:Sotty, your 218 strikes me as ironic. In your 209, you quote a post from Troll and ask who his biggest suspect of the active players is. In the same post you quoted, no more than two lines down, Troll outlines a list of people he'd be happy with lynching (generally means suspecting that person), one of whom has maintained a decent activity level throughout the game.
Troll listed Chronopie, Enigma, silverbullet999, tumescence, Zajnet, all of who I would list as lurkers. Silver has been posting but not a lot of content at all. I know a little of Troll's early game is about pushing the lurkers regardless of alignment, I just want him to commit a clear opinion on people that are posting, because lynch all lurkers is a good way to hide directly in thread. I suppose a better question would have been, why Silver?

Tumescence, those questions don't even matter. Catch up with the game and post something useful.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #245 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:13 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Enigma
I don't hate the Troll vote, but why him over the others you made points on?

Col. C
What did you think of Enigma's catch up post?
silverbullet999 Post 227 wrote:
Silver, would rather get closer to a lynch or vote and pressure the scummiest player in your eyes? Keep in mind we have about a week left in the deadline.
Hrm? I don't believe I've said lynch X now! I've always been for waiting til deadline gets near...
Okay, but that wasn't the question. Who is your number one suspect right now?

= = = = =
ConfidAnon Post 229 wrote:Also, why Zorblag? You didn't even mention him in your post.
Umm... yes he does.

= = = = =
tumescence Post 232 wrote:In my books, silverbullet is 95% town from now on. What do other people think?
I think you're reaching. But how about you look for the scum?

Not loving all the setup speculation going on.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #272 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm interested to see Troll's reaction to Enigma's clarification on him.

I am going to have read all the top suspects at some point to get my head straight. I hope to get that done by the end of the weekend.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #295 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:30 am

Post by Sotty7 »

It's not lost on me that since the pressure has gone off Shattered he has merged into the background a lot more. He needs to get in here and post. However, I am now the lone vote on that player slot, people don't seem interested in lynching him so I am going to have to compromise. I'm taking a look at the leading wagons first that means ConfidAnon, Zajent and Enigma.

Reading though Confid's ISO I'm not getting a scummy read. He just seems a little lost at times. The scummiest thing he does is this little AtE about being suspected no matter what he does, which while isn't true, does strike me as genuine frustration. Yeah, my vote isn't going here, I have played with Confid before, I see nothing different in this game.

Zajent early ISO is just fill of fluff. His initial vote on Shattered comes with zero reasoning. Several posts later he says he is voting Shattered because “he is the scummiest player” Well that's nice, but why is he scummy to you? Moves his vote to Confid simply because “we need a lynch”. Little to no reasoning for his votes, extreme early fluff posting. I'm getting a strong scum read here.

Enigma hates RQS and yet answers the questions. Odd. Early theory talk coupled with the “I'm pretty sure I with hold my vote regardless of alignment” still gets me. Still like the catch up posts however, they win him some town points with me. Not liking the set up speculation both him and SC are engaging in but I think I see the point. Not willing to lynch Enigma today unless it is the only lynch that is going to happen.

From those three ISOs I read Zajent is easily the scummiest.

Unvote, Vote: Zajent

From my unofficial count that puts Zajent as the leading wagon with 5 votes.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #297 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

What are your thoughts about Zajent Enigma?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #308 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Are we sure we can't lynch Shattered?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #320 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

AGar wrote:Sotty - you've seen the behavior before you say. I'm assuming you mean with Confid as Town. Have you seen Confid play as scum before? Is his behavior different, the same? Radically changing?
Yeah, I have never played with Confidscum before. It's more of a weak gut feeling about his play style, not enough to derail his wagon, but enough to make me not want to join it. Plus I really think Zajnet's ISO is a lot scummier.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #336 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I can only guess it was because they thought he was a power role with all his talk about it. That's what I was thinking when it came to him so I'm glad he didn't claim townie because I would have voted for him.

Vote: Shattered View point
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #352 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Sotty7 »

silverbullet999 Post 340 wrote:-Sotty

Why the vote on shattered?
The unvote test weak and pretty pointless. Tries to claim it was a gambit, but I think it was more likely he wasn't paying enough attention to the thread. A weaker point, but still pings my scumdar.

His overreaction to you not answering some pointless RVS questions. Feels completely forced. Also keeps pushing the fact that he works gambits all the time yet can't provide any examples.
Shattered Viewpoint Post 82 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Please explain why not answering those RQS is scummy.
I will grant you that this
specific
instance of not answering
those particular
questions is not, in and of itself, scummy, it does point to a larger meta on SB for tending to withhold information (which is scummy).
Backs away from his stronger stance on you not answering the questions and tries to apply it to your future play. Umm... What?

Then tries to claim scum skim which is a crap reason to switch his vote. Then piles on Enigma and does little else the rest of the day. Lurks though the thread as soon as the pressure is off him.

= = = = =

The Chorno case is actually very good. I would shift my vote but I really think Shattered needs to be pressured as much as possible today.

Also I am going to be
V/LA starting tomorrow until late Wednesday.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #407 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm back. Still liking my SV vote at this point. I am tired atm, but I will try and review all the confid v AGar stuff tomorrow.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #435 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Works for me.

Unvote, Vote: Chrono

I would ask that we don't lynch until we know the prods have gone out. Anyone who doesn't post during the game day will be mod killed (troll and Col offhand) My vote is the 5th one on I believe.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #443 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Zorblag Post 441 wrote:@sotty7, actually, I'm not convinced that the mod kills that would happen at this point would be a bad thing (especially when the kill rate for the game is taken into account.) I was planning on giving this till tomorrow morning and then coming to point that out and make sure we got a lynch. Given my stance on lurkers I couldn't particularly come in and not complain about them but the BaM ruleset is convenient for this particular use. You also didn't list them all but there's no one that's not posted today that I particularly want around tomorrow.
This is a very strange thing to say considering that you were one of the ones in line for a mod kill. Were you just waiting to make only one post today? I'm not liking this post at all.

I wouldn't be sad about a Col modkill at this point. I found him scummy. Still I'd much rather have replacements than forced mod kills. Consider me old school in that fashion.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #447 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I won't disagree with the dead weight issue Troll. There is quiet a few players that I wouldn't mind seeing gone. Still you aren't being very proactive at all.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #454 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Here's hoping for a twofer.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #456 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I think you just answered your own question/speculation/whatever that post was:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
I mean, so far nothing has led me to believe curiouskarma was scum,
but I'm not quite sure why a cop would claim after only one night of investigations, when there are 4 scum running around.
Plus, I'm pretty sure it is a lynch already.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #498 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sorry, I kept spacing on this game! I need to take a look back before I commit to a vote right away. My top two suspicions are SV and Troll.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #528 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Why not unvote him until then Equinox?

The coaching between Equinox and shotty in post 519 is twinging me.
Equinox wrote:drmyshottyizsik is a null read, and I'm too emotionally affected to try to remedy that.
What did you mean by this?

I'm gonna ISO Beef now, having a tough time with this game but that is no excuse for my lack of effort lately. Almost feel like following Gamma and AGar to the ends of the earth in this one.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #533 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Equinox wrote:As for being "emotionally affected," I was angry with drmyshottyizsik at the time. I think I still am. His behavior has been totally off-the-wall, he's made no effort to contribute, and add the fact that I've seen him /in and volunteer to replace into even more games... and you get a rather pissed Equinox. I'm probably feeding when the sign clearly says not to, but ARGHDAMMITOMFG. Those little tidbits you saw me address to him were a product of that.
Fair enough. For you to be so annoyed I figured there had to be some kind of contact with Shotty other than this game. I share your rage.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #542 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Vote: Beef

Spent some time reading his ISO and I don't agree with his suspicions on AGar. Just because a cop is dead doesn't suddenly make AGar's push on confid scummy. The late hammer is probably the best point on Beef combined with the whole "he could be a tracker" crap. Not overly confident about this, but it is better than nothing.

Will do better tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Open Games”