Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Alrighty. Blackberry leads off with the anti-rvs stance, doesn't need to propose anything else useful really because taking that stance in itself is discussion provoking.
Mothrax agreeing but not proposing anything or asking what Blackberry had in mind was a minus, but I still see a Goon tag, so maybe that's expecting too much.
eljcko goes pro-RVS. People love their RVS, sometimes irrationally (not irrational in this case, just saying). It is what it is.
Iron Man voting eljcko for voting first. I like the vote, but not the reason so much. It is weak and easily waved aside by either party because really it isn't taking a stance at all. A stronger reason behind the vote would have been to vote eljcko for insisting on voting randomly in order to avoid taking a stance. Something along those lines could have generated a nice tiff and the game would be off and rolling. It seems to me that Iron Man missed an opportunity to take a stronger stance when it presented itself, and further defused the possible conflict generated by a vote by saying further that he agreed with eljcko. Perhaps he didn't see it, but perhaps he did and is yella-bellied under the iron exterior.

vote Iron Man

Cuetlachtli made me chuckle. "You wouldn't lynch someone this excited!". Listen, if scum sometimes make suspicious remarks, and you know the general ratio of scum to town is about 1 to 3, and 4 players posted above you, did you not do that math and look for anything? Iron Man had a possible slip that I pointed out above. Are you just talking to be talking, or did you actually intend to follow up your insight? You would make a good vote as well, you just came along second.

Meta vote CDB? This looks like a "game just started" drive-by vote that can be overlooked.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:27 am

Post by Ectomancer »

mothrax wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: However, Ecto, you called both myself and BB out on something you say could be scumtell but vote neither of us. Why?
These types of statements are prone to making me come down with both feet on your head. Corrective action at the very least is in order, or at least a challenge to you, to whit:

Illustrate where Ecto called anything Blackberry or you did a scumtell, hell, especially Blackberry.

In point of fact, I find it interesting that you are indeed tying yourself to Blackberry, when nobody else is or did. My statement about Blackberry was a clean observation on how to launch a game without an RVS (which is actually still by talking about the RVS, but what have ye). You should have participated more, but I figured you were probably limited in that capacity by your noobness, but then you go and say you've played other places before
and they have no RVS

Well now you just blew my excuse for you right out of the water didn't you? Why didn't you talk about your experiences with no RVS then? Not interested in taking that kind of lead in game?

Bad mothrax.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Ectomancer »

P.S. - I made a case (actually 2). I don't appreciate it being ignored.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Perhaps you and I differ on what a "scumtell" is and isn't. Actions over time cause you to slide around on the neutral-town-scum scale. Not taking an opportunity to advance the game in a more productive way is one of those types of actions.
A scumtell is an "Ahah! I F^%#ing got you!", at least to me. I've had some few of those revelations, but, like I said, few accurate ones and I've played many games.

Now, if you want to see what a scumtell callout
should
look like, this is what was skipped over (no Korts, in general). I am asserting that Iron Man took such a strongly neutral, non-provocational stance in his opening statement in order to avoid direct confrontations and accountability for any stance taken, because he didn't quite take one.
Ectomancer wrote: Iron Man voting eljcko for voting first. I like the vote, but not the reason so much. It is weak and easily waved aside by either party because really it isn't taking a stance at all. A stronger reason behind the vote would have been to vote eljcko for insisting on voting randomly in order to avoid taking a stance. Something along those lines could have generated a nice tiff and the game would be off and rolling. It seems to me that Iron Man missed an opportunity to take a stronger stance when it presented itself, and further defused the possible conflict generated by a vote by saying further that he agreed with eljcko. Perhaps he didn't see it, but perhaps he did and is yella-bellied under the iron exterior.

vote Iron Man
Now I voted and made an honest wagon of the thing, and so what you should be asking is how serious is Ecto? Do I believe in this one or am I just kicking off the first wagon? Do
you
find it a likely scum move by Iron Man?
Mothrax, you know what over-defensive is? It's getting huffed up that someone is "targeting you" despite the fact that in that same post he made an actual case on two different people and voted one of them and commented on every other previous poster in addition to yourself.

Vote count
(12 players alive = 7 to lynch before deadline)

(3) Iron Man - Cuethlachtli, ChannelDelibird, Ectomancer
(2) mothrax - Simenon, scotmany12
(2) Scotmany12 – eljcko, mothrax
(1) eljcko - Iron Man
(1) Blackberry – Korts

Not voting: Blackberry, Thief, tumescence

:arrow: Day 1 – (Deadline is August 10)

Last edited by Johoohno on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Simenon wrote:
BlackBerry wrote:This is the type of thing, had I heard it about someone else, I would think the two were mafia partners.
What do you mean?
I think that he is saying that if he were someone else, Blackberry or Mothrax would be the lynch today.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Ectomancer »

scotmany12 wrote:Also, @Ecto: Why do you attack Iron Man for random voting, but not eljcko? You say Iron Man missed an opportunity to take a stronger stance, yet the same could be said for eljcko.
I'm saying that Iron Man's random vote wasn't random, but calculated.
eljcko wrote:
Iron Man wrote: @ Ecto

You seem to be targeting me on charges of stagnating possible discussion by buddying up with elcko. My vote post four of the game was entrenched in RVS and very little was meant by it. I don't understand what you mean by creating a "tiff" with him when the vote was obviously RVS and would be written off by him post haste. I especially don't understand why you would think I would argue with him considering the fact that I mostly agree with his stance on the RVS issue.

I think he meant you could have gotten this game rolling quickly with little random voting had you started a little argument with me over this. Instead you remained neutral and you can deduce what ever you want off of that.
Sums it up right. Why not eljcko? He took a stance against Blueberry's stance and supported random voting by randomly voting. He opened himself to attack for it. Iron Man's left him open to...nothing.

Thief could make fleas jump off a dog.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Iron Man wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: I'm saying that Iron Man's random vote wasn't random, but calculated.
Well, no, it wasn't. It was RVS.
Ectomancer wrote: Sums it up right. Why not eljcko? He took a stance against Blueberry's stance and supported random voting by randomly voting. He opened himself to attack for it. Iron Man's left him open to...nothing.
I'm not sure if I agree with your point. What you're saying is that I should have opened myself to attack? What do you think I am, a mafia masochist?
No, but you can't have mafia without disagreement and declining to take advantage of an early, game starting opportunity to disagree could be construed as avoiding.

Ectomancer - Flea
Iron Man - Dog

unvote, vote Thief

Hi there.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Thief wrote:Ecto's jump is noted. He is in the ongoing game in which scum was lynched D1 for "pretending" not to have seen a second page. Him not mirroring my read and keeping his vote on Iron Man is suspicious.
Do not discuss ongoing games. You will also have to prove that either or both were "pretending".
Cuetlachtli wrote:
Did you actually intend to follow up your insight?
What insight? My post consisted of two parts.
  • Part 1: RVS vote. Nothing too deep.
    Part 2: My personal default response to your typical pre-game RVS hatee (usually 1 or 2 per game). Again nothing too deep.
Did you forget the "scum sometimes makes slips in the rvs" insight? But you already said you were just talking to be talking, so its not surprising that the one actionable thing you said is the one you forgot you even brought up. Funny how you forgot and couldn't even type it up into your little list there. You had 2 frickin sentences.
Cuetlachtli wrote:
vote: Iron Man
for voting second!

I actually think RVS is useful. Scum sometimes slip or make suspicious remarks at this stage in the game.
So you tell us "here's how scum can be caught in the RVS", but do
nothing
and then seemingly forget all about being able to catch scum in this manner, in fact, your response to me has you acting as though we should have ignored what you said because it was a "default" response.

Scum like to talk to be talking.

unvote, vote Cuetlachtli

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Simenon wrote:Cuetlachtli's first post seemed reasonable to me, Ecto. Just because he believed the RVS to be effective doesn't mean its content required his immediate comment.
I don't like Cuet's or Iron Man's method of kicking off the game. Blackberry's post was an excellent game starter, these two commented
about
RVS and its usefulness,
but neither actually tried to apply that to this game
. ie, No Scum Hunting. Cuet's is the worse of the two because he actually says that Scum slips occur in the RVS, but apparently doesn't consider applying it to the game?

Had he just simply stated that he was being lazy and didn't bother, I could accept that. But no, he decides instead to be contentious and pretend he never made an insightful comment on how to catch scum, and thusly there must be nothing he didn't follow up on. Why is that? Why not have a straight up conversation about what he said and didn't do? To undermine my point? It isn't an upfront attitude, and I don't see why a town player would play "chase me around the bush" instead of just giving a straight answer and off we go again.

Do you?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Well to be fair, half of the last page was Cuet whining that "Ecto isn't being fair". :cry:

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Ectomancer »

You know I'm in that game and I still don't see that his "I missed a page" comment was the "SCUMTELL" that pointed him out. Point of fact is, I'm still not certain why he stood out for others. But seriously, enough with the game comments while that one is still going.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Simenon wrote:
Ecto wrote:I don't like Cuet's or Iron Man's method of kicking off the game. Blackberry's post was an excellent game starter, these two commented about RVS and its usefulness, but neither actually tried to apply that to this game. ie, No Scum Hunting. Cuet's is the worse of the two because he actually says that Scum slips occur in the RVS, but apparently doesn't consider applying it to the game?
I don't think your framing this right. I think on the third post of a game, a player is entitled to both agree that the RVS is useful and not immediately begin analysis (although given your lengthy first post your might disagree with this).
That being said, Cuet is flailing badly.
IronMan wrote:Since when was a conservative play-style a scumtell?
I think it's a pretty reliable scum tell.
So you're saying chill, not everybody comes out the gates ready to go?

I feel that your second paragraph, in response to Iron Man, could certainly be given as a response to why I singled those two out, so I am a bit confused because it almost seems you agree with me, but don't because of the timing? Yet, in the end, for Iron Man we basically agree for the same reason, just I got there sooner. We just seem to have chosen a different one of the pair to have our vote upon. Had Cuet posted sooner and with less furor? Emotion a town tell? Sometimes.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Ectomancer »

mothrax wrote:Discounting my playstyle, not with logical attacks, which I would be fine with, but rather with jerkish "This is how you should do things" and other snide comments about me.
No dumbass, its "this is how an attack would look like", not "this is how YOU should do things". You don't come from this site, so what else do you expect other than a "this is how its done here" because you clearly don't mean the same damn thing as I do when you say "scumtell", get it?

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Lost my job. My apologies to Mothrax. Have a great game guys and gals. Sorry Korts, maybe next time?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”