Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 am

Post by LimMePls »

Percy wrote:
@LynchMePls
: I understand that you think vezok represents an easy target for SSBF, but you didn't comment on Mikujin's original case. Do you actually think the case for vezok-scum is without merit?
No, I don't think it is without merit, I just think SSBF's attack on him was scum flailing trying to look town and attack the most convenient target. SSBF was coming under a lot of fire, so he needed a target to attack for town cred. The easiest one who is unlikely to be his scum buddy is vezo. His case was terribly built, and the only original parts to it (the ones Miku hadn't already mentioned) were just plain crap. The Miku parts at least had merit, although I disagree with them, and I think Vezo is more likely town than scum.

Short version: Vezo could be scum, but I think we have much bigger fish to fry, namely dana and SSBF.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

Mina wrote:Has
anyone
read my case on CSL? Anyone at all? It's not just a lurker lynch. It's a lot like the case on danakillsu, except my wagon has butterflies and rainbows!
I read it. I don't disagree with the conclusions. I would be content with a CSL lynch. At the moment I'm feeling dana more then CSL. Really we need to get more people in here and voting so we can get a feel for which way the wind is blowing.
I doubt it
I doubt it
Townie
I doubt it
Townie
Townie

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:14 am

Post by I doubt it »

Mina wrote:Has
anyone
read my case on CSL? Anyone at all? It's not just a lurker lynch. It's a lot like the case on danakillsu, except my wagon has butterflies and rainbows!
I forgot about it as it was late in the day 1, but I've looked into it now. Unless I'm missing something, the crux is his inconsistencies in who is scummier, Raivann or CMAR, yes? It doesn't seem to be as damning as the case on dana. At the very least, he's said from the beginning that both of them are scummy, which is more than can be said about dana.
LynchMePls wrote: @Everyone else: This wagon needs more votes.
QFT. Even though dana's links to Raivann may be more suspicious than SSBF's, SSBF looks really scummy. If he isn't Raivann's scumbuddy then he could easily be from the other scumgroup.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. Does poisoning seem likely as a Greyjoy kill flavour? Axel has indicated it is not but I wanted other input.
2. Does a ‘faked’ suicide seem likely as a Greyjoy kill flavour?
1. As Axelrod said before, it sounds more like a Lannister way of killing(King Robert was poisoned). None of the kills seem to fit Greyjoy method of killing.
2. I can't think of any character/faction that would fit a "faked suicide" kill. We'll find out eventually if more suicides pop up, but I agree with other people's theories that this probably has something to do with Budja's role.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Mikujin »

Rifka Viveka wrote:I gotta admit, all these relatives dying, houses burning, jobs lost, earthquakes, floods excuses drive me nuts :headwall:
I'll see what I can do in the future to make sure my family dies in accordance with your schedule. It's taking all the self-restraint I have to not fly off the handle for this rather flippant remark; I'll just call you a pretentious fuck and move along.

@Mod
: V/LA can be changed to specifically out Friday/Saturday/Sunday (out of town for the funeral). I'll likely be back Sunday afternoon/evening.

I'm at work right now, and as things aren't terribly busy I should be able to play catchup.
Douchebags get kind of a bad rap. They provide a useful service.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Rifka Viveka »

Ive lost family members while active in a mafia game so dont act like only you feel pain. I didnt tell anyone or use it as an excuse even to myself. You want VLA, then just announce it. And if it wasnt clear, i wasnt even talking about you specificly. Several other people made posts involving some kind of RL impact story
Winter is coming.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Rifka Viveka »

These three i was referring to;
CSL wrote:Sorry...extremely busy tomorrow and possibly Thursday. Hence my limited access alert.

I am going to conduct a re-read tonight, barring unforeseen circumstances.
Kinetic wrote:Not trying to lurk, my first priority is my own game I'm modding, and although its summer I'm not at the computer very often. Bleh. I understand my play looks remarkably similar to my play in the mini (of which I was indeed scum, lol), and not anything like my normal town play (ala, MSM4, or any other game I've played as town). Best I can say right now is I haven't had the time to wrap my head around the game.

That being said, I don't have to be as focused on my modding commitments right now, so I'll be catching up a bit more since the Day opened. I'll admit, I was kind of hoping to draw a NK... lol O well, I guess I'll have to make the scum pay for leaving me in the game.

I'm OK with the dana lynch for now, expect a more substantial update "soon" (tm), and I do realize that both Mina and Percy are asking me questions. I haven't forgotten, I'll get to them too. Yay. ><
RichardGHP wrote:Sorry peoples. School and general life has been hectic this week.

I will be sure to make a decent post on Friday, or Saturday at the latest.
Winter is coming.
Rifka Viveka
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Rifka Viveka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Rifka Viveka »

I did mention relatives dying in my post, but i was more referring to in past games, i have seen people claim dead relatives in the most opportune times.
Winter is coming.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Mikujin »

Doesn't excuse you from being an ass. You might be a robot but I'm not; nor do I feel any sort of devotion or commitment toward this game or any other that would supersede familial obligations.
Mina wrote:Richard is confirmed town, I was the first person on Raivann's wagon, and Percy was the third (I suppose Percy's jump onto CMAR and back to Raivann could be a case of distancing from a buddy, briefly supporting an alternate lynch when it seemed viable, before deciding once and for all to cut ties--I'll reread the evolution of his opinions in context--but that would be kind of convoluted). You're better off making a case that we're on the other scumteam.
Went back to re-read that series of votes. Looks like Percy voted Raivann, voted CMAR, then cast another vote on Raivann assuming he had access to his Hand vote. Mod posted shortly thereafter notifying Percy was Hand, but that his double-vote kicked in on D2. Seems a lot less flippy-floppy to me having noted that.

Also, did a bit more skimming in ISOs...
Drippereth wrote:I think RAIVAN is TOWN, but I don't think I agree with him on much at all.
I very much dislike this. You step in to defend Raivann, yet try to maintain some distance from him.
Drippereth wrote:Richard's conf town, you're(Mina) awesomely town, so we're leaning Percy.
And now you're buddying up to Mina, who you kept on your list of neutrals for the better part of D1. In fact, you didn't start calling Mina town up 'til she tried to start back up the Kleedrac/Budja wagon, which you were still on. Am I to understand, then, that anyone who thinks like the hydra is auto-town, while anyone who does not needs to be evaluated? While I agree that Mina is in all likelihood town, something about the way you play really just keeps me on edge.
MacavityLock wrote:Due to upcoming deadline, it's time to look at viable wagons, and I can get behind a CMAR lynch. Unvote. Vote: CMAR. Magna, SSBF, Vezo, and Miku are other people I wouldn't mind lynching.
@MacavityLock:
Why do you think I was wishy-washy towards Raivann? I had been pushing his wagon hardest of all, and only lessened any pressure on him due to his claim, yet maintained a position that just because someone claims a power role, they should not get a free pass. What makes my vote change anymore "damning" than your own? At least I provided some reasoning behind my vote move beyond "I'm hopping on this wagon unless folks wanna lynch someone else I don't like."
Percy wrote:@Mikujin: Was your case against vezo always for a "policy" lynch? That's not how I read your original case......
No; my initial case on Vezo was based on legitimate concern. His play, however, has been consistently lackluster, and I have thusly moved Vezo to the "policy lynch zone" while we've bigger concerns to address (namely the cases concerning dana, CSL, SSBF, and my growing concerns with Drip).

While I think the cases on CSL and SSBF hold merit, I'd certainly encourage (as Unsight has) that people give Percy's case on Drippereth a once-over, and take a read through its recent posting. In my mind, for right now, Drip is my #2 candidate for today, with CSL/SSBF bringing up the rear of those I'm most concerned with. dana will remain #1 until such a time as we get a response to him regarding the recent cases made against him.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Percy »

@Mina
: I disagree that a vig claim automatically means that we don't lynch the claimant. The main reason I was happy to think it over was due to the conflicting claims of Richard and Raivann, as well as a very viable candidate in CMAR. Looking at who unvoted after the claim and why is important, especially if we're looking for bussers or other scum. Whilst I think there are more solid reads (see my votes), I don't really understand your shutting down of the Mikujin questions MacavityLock is proposing.

I think a Mikujin-Raivann buddy scenario is unlikely, but that doesn't rule out Mikujin from another scum faction. I'm mostly satisfied with his responses, though.

I would like to hear more from MacavityLock on other issues, though, and get his response to Mikujin's response.

@Mikujin
: Your notes on the Drippereth hydra are interesting, but I'm a little confused - you first quote the hydra as saying they like Raivann for town but don't agree with him, then accuse them of having townreads only on those they agree with...?

Actually, now that I think about it, this might have some meat to it. Raivann appears to be the only player that the hydra has a townread of whom they disagree with, which is an extension of what I was pointing out to Mikujin. Their earlier all-out-attack on Deer, continued through after Raivann replaced in, makes the sudden turn-around more surprising.

I've also found some interesting vezokpiraka interaction from the hydra - start with DGB talking about how she's found a genuine tell from vezokpiraka, followed up by a reaffirmation of the read and and . And then, we have the first serious , but look who's on the town list - vezokpiraka. Not the Scum, Lurkerscum or even the Neutral list.

@Drippereth
: What exactly changed your read of vezokpiraka?
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Mikujin »

Percy wrote:
@Mikujin
: Your notes on the Drippereth hydra are interesting, but I'm a little confused - you first quote the hydra as saying they like Raivann for town but don't agree with him, then accuse them of having townreads only on those they agree with...?

Actually, now that I think about it, this might have some meat to it. Raivann appears to be the only player that the hydra has a townread of whom they disagree with, which is an extension of what I was pointing out to Mikujin. Their earlier all-out-attack on Deer, continued through after Raivann replaced in, makes the sudden turn-around more surprising.

I've also found some interesting vezokpiraka interaction from the hydra - start with DGB talking about how she's found a genuine tell from vezokpiraka, followed up by a reaffirmation of the read and and . And then, we have the first serious , but look who's on the town list - vezokpiraka. Not the Scum, Lurkerscum or even the Neutral list.
That's what I was getting at, Percy. Drip did not agree with Raivann, but claimed a townread on him; nowhere else have we seen this from him. All his other townreads have been likeminded individuals; even more so when they're actively pursuing a case Drip likes.

Nice catch on vezo in his lists, however; I'd not noted that gem.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Drippereth »

We're working on Percy case but it probs won't be up for a few days.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Drippereth »

I thought vezo was town since the softclaim, didn't go through the links to check timeline, but before the softclaim we thought he was scum.
Drippereth
Drippereth
Goon
Drippereth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by Drippereth »

I'm sure there had to be more people with disagreed on reads with on that town list. Raivann was mentioned specifically that time because someone asked me I think.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Percy »

@Mods: I will be V/LA from the 1st until the 4th

(Hopefully I will have time to post tonight, but maybe not)
Drippereth wrote:I'm sure there had to be more people with disagreed on reads with on that town list.
Like who?

Hmmm. Capriciousness isn't a very good scumtell from Drippereth (it's kinda their deal). I think it's more important to look for method in the madness (which I find very difficult), and at the moment I'm leaning slightly scum, mainly from the Raivann interaction. But only slightly.

Bigger fish to fry right now. Hopefully danakillsu, CSL, SSBF and Kinetic have all had lots to say by the time I get back.
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Mikujin »

Drippereth wrote:We're working on Percy case but it probs won't be up for a few days.
While you take your sweet time doing that, why not also comment on some of the current cases? You have an annoying habit of disregarding everything people that are not you say. Which is annoying.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Vote count 2.3: The
"Do you have any notion what happens when a city is sacked, Sansa?"
votecount

Lynch Count

Vezokpiraka (1) -
Super Smash Bros. Fan

Danakillsu (4) -
Percy, Thor665, Mikujin, Axelrod

CSL (2) -
Percy, Mina

Super Smash Bros. Fan (4) -
hasdgfas, I Doubt it, LynchMePls, Unsight

Mikujin (1) -
MacavityLock

Not voting to Lynch (11) -
Kinetic, RichardGHP, xvart, MagnaofIllusion, CSL , Vezokpiraka, Locke Lamora, Rifka Vivieka, Danakillsu, Benmage, Drippereth

With 22 alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.
The deadline for today's lynch is
10:00pm (CDT) on Sunday the 18th of July
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .

Varys looked with concerned thought out of the window. Rumours, reports and first eye accounts were streaming into the castle to the extent that he didn't even need the whispers of his little birds. The commoners were growing louder in their resentment and their anger. Food was scarce and, worse, the cheapest wine and ale had grown expensive. The death of the much loved Ser Loras did nothing to calm the people and a spate of assaults and murders had occured.
To make matters worse, most of the nobles were not in the safety of the castle, having been called by the obligations of their class and blood to attend the docks. They were obligations that Varys himself chose not to feel today, not with the dangers that currently lay in the city.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Mina makes some pretty solid points against Drippereth, which I really do like. It helps establish a connection between both of them. As my connection between Raivann and other people is still in development, I need to look at Drippereth especially closely. I also like his case on CSL where he compared the connection between Raivann and CSL. It's worth a read.

To be honest, Drippereth's bandwagon analysis sounds more like IIoA, as the majority of the stuffs mentioned are things that actually happened. Not really that much analysis going on.
LynchMePls wrote:Why are you bringing this up now?
Answer at the bottom of the post.
Mina wrote:Do you think me calling it "skim-worthy" is scummy?
Not really, but I did get a feeling that you wanted us to skim information so you wouldn't want us to take a second look over. Luckily, I read your entire post and that wasn't the case, but when in a game, I like to read everything and judge from there.
Mina wrote:Is there any valuable information in particular that you want to highlight in that post?
This one:
Mina wrote:Oh, really? Please explain to me how the instantaneous change between this and this is any different. Clearly, Dripp changed their mind in the one minute between demanding a claim and saying "I believe the claim." And you yourself said Dripp was attacking Richard harder than CMAR was.
You asked LynchMePls to explain how the instantaneous change between the first "this" and the second "this" was any different (Both "this" had links to comments). You go on to say that Drippereth changed their mind in litterally a minute between demanding a claim and saying he believed the claim. And you said that LynchMePls himself said that Drippereth was attacking RichardGHP harder then CryMeARiver was.

You were asking LynchMePls to explain the almost-instantenous change between Drippereth's demand to Drippereth's believing RichardGHP's claim. That means that LynchMePls had to take a stance in some way or form. That's someting that I can look over and comment on.

Maybe it isn't nearly as much as Percy's massive posts that happens most of the time, but that post where you told people to skim I did find something that I call information that could potentially help town.
Mina wrote:Why are you bringing this up two weeks later?
Originally, like others, I skimmed it. However, I wanted to bring something to the table yesterday and even if it wasn't much, I wanted to help inform people about that comment and that there was potentially something useful to work on.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Time to put one wagon in the lead:

Vote Dana

Because SSBF is town.

Catching up tomorrow as promised.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Everyone's pointed out plenty of damning statements by dana and SSBF, but why hasn't there been much talk about Macavity? As far as I can see, this is all he has to say about the Raivann wagon:
MacavityLock wrote:
Mina wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:I'm not particularly enamored of the Raiv wagon.
MacavityLock, you've played with Raivann before. Do you think this behaviour is characteristic for him?
Played with him only the once, but yeah, his current play does kind of remind me of his Day 3 (?) implosion that got him lynched in AGoT mini. I don't think his play is the most helpful for town, but I think I see some town tells there, and so to my mind there are better suspects.
He later pushes the CMAR wagon when talking about viable wagons and avoids the topic of the Raivann wagon altogether.

Vote: MacavityLock

What town tells did you see, Mac?

Also, Kinetic is scum. Discuss.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 am

Post by xvart »

Back in the states. Will be posting later this afternoon once I get back home.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:33 am

Post by LimMePls »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Mina makes some pretty solid points against Drippereth, which I really do like. It helps establish a connection between both of them. As my connection between Raivann and other people is still in development, I need to look at Drippereth especially closely. I also like his case on CSL where he compared the connection between Raivann and CSL. It's worth a read.
Hey look, SSBF wants to change the subject from his Vezo "case" to Dripp and CSL.
Mina wrote:Why are you bringing this up two weeks later?
Originally, like others, I skimmed it. However, I wanted to bring something to the table yesterday and even if it wasn't much, I wanted to help inform people about that comment and that there was potentially something useful to work on.[/quote]

You only "wanted to bring something to the table" because you want the attention to go anywhere but where it is right now. Bringing something useful to the table would be great, pointing out that Mina made a post that she said people could skim 2 weeks ago and that has almost nothing relevant in it, is pointless.

SSBF is obviously scum people. Can we please lynch him?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:33 am

Post by LimMePls »

RichardGHP wrote:Because SSBF is town.
I LOL'd.

V/LA on weekends
Mikujin
Mikujin
Goon
Mikujin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Mikujin »

LynchMePls wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:Because SSBF is town.
I LOL'd.
Me too, but I shot coffee out my nose. :(
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:01 am

Post by CSL »

Wait...WHAT? SSBF is not 100% town. Lern2read.

FOS: Richard

I want evidence to prove he's town. I don't get it, you are scum. You have the rest of Day 2. Go.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
I doubt it
I doubt it
Townie
I doubt it
Townie
Townie

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:22 am

Post by I doubt it »

CSL wrote:Wait...WHAT? SSBF is not 100% town. Lern2read.

FOS: Richard

I want evidence to prove he's town. I don't get it, you are scum. You have the rest of Day 2. Go.
Despite his play, Richard is confirmed town. Your FoS is better pointed toward some other direction. Like at SSBF. What do you make of SSBF, exactly? Other than him not being 100% town.

This is not to say that Richard doesn't need to explain why he thinks SSBF is town, though. Looking forward to that one.

Also,
V/LA July 5 - July 12
as noted in sig.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”