ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:41 am

Post by ekiM »

Picking a single favorite track is a big ask. ``Love me do'' has a special place in my heart, but I could have named a dozen others.

I don't think it's a good idea to discuss my role PM.

I applaud your attempt to get some discussion going with all these questions, but why are you role fishing? That's generally a scummy thing to do, right? I don't think this game is any different.

Why did you use dice tags to decide your random vote? Is that pro- or anti-town given the purpose of random votes? Is it something you do every game?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:49 am

Post by ekiM »

I see SD hasn't posted on-site since asking his rolefishing questionaire.

@Mod: Would you kindly prod Shadow Dancer?

dana's case on inHim really is fuckall and his wording and overreaction ("Way to say something negative about me with no basis etc.") are irking but looking at some of his other games (yay new forums) that might just be a posting style thing. Shorter: I'm not getting much useful out of the main argument that's happened so far, unfortunately.

Looking at the other players I see Zang's only comments have been random votes and answers to non-useful questions. Since that finished he's been involved in other game threads whilst neglecting this one.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Zang
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:24 am

Post by ekiM »

Grah, I am V/LA from tomorrow until Wednesday, I will make a post before I go. But now it's time to go see Bill Bailey :D
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by ekiM »

This game is not going very well, town needs to buck up.
danakillsu wrote:ekIM, just try putting yourself in my shoes. Most people on this forum would probably resort to foul language if they recieved three votes in two pages with little to no reasoning.
I understand why you might be frustrated, but I can definitely see why it's made people's vote fingers twitch. It's not just the foul language, it's the whole... tone? It reads hyper-sensitive which rubs the wrong way, but I don't think it's actually scummy.

I don't think inHim not explaining his votes is a scumtell but he needs to get more involved in the game. Remember there's a difference between a playstyle one disapproves of, and scuminess.

Don't like either of the main wagons, don't like the way Anon and VasudeVa try to encourage people to believe there's scum between them.

Bleh, I really have to go catch my coach now. Hey, look, muh316 is active lurking hard. UNVOTE: VOTE: muh316.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:12 am

Post by ekiM »

Dana wrote:How many times do I have to say that it's not just the playstyle, it's the pattern of votes. He votes for me, calls for more votes for me, jumps off my wagon, and votes for my secondary adversary. That's a scummy flip-flop.
I don't see how changing one's mind is scummy inherently and you haven't explained why this particular change is scummy. If one moves a scum read into the town column looking at who else had pushed that wagon would be logical, seeing as scum are more likely to wagon townies.
Dana wrote:@ekiM
btw, why are you voting for a lurker while telling me that lurking isn't a scumtell?
Lurking is a scumtell, and even if it weren't it should be heartily discouraged. Not giving reasoning for all your actions upfront isn't lurking though.
Vasudeva wrote:@ekiM: What do you mean by 'Try to encourage there is scum between them'? How is that scummy?
It'd be beneficial for scum to get people to buy into a false dichotomy between two town players.
danakillsu wrote:What would everyone have thought if I said "Hey, Karma, you're stupid. I'm not going to defend myself against you and I'll just allow you to think I'm scum."
I'd have been happy.

So I think the dana wagon was bad because it was mostly based on a stylistic consideration. The problem is distinguishing between misaimed scumhunting and scummy town-pushing.

inHim's vote progression looks town to me.

I don't buy the idea that Karma and Monkey would be scum together. It's actually very rare that you see scum coördinating like that, especially early on. I think Karma looks quite townie actually, with willingness to change mind etc. Monkey looks OK to me.. he was trying to progress the game with not much to go on. The flaking is apparently sitewide. Let's hear his replacement.

I have a bigger issue though guys: why are we on page 7 and apparently thinking about lynching someone for making a weak case on page 3?

I also think it would be great if we could somehow force people to contribute more. But I don't know how we do that given that y'all seem totally unwilling to lynch people for lack of involvement. Suggestions? Lynching muh sounds good to me.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:25 am

Post by ekiM »

So I have to choose between inHim and Starbuck? Monkey / inHim said about the same amount. Neither looks super-scummy to me but inHim looks townier. I don't like the way Starbuck gives up so quickly. No analysis at all from her. If she's town it would be useful to hear her thoughts even if her lynch was inevitable (which it wasn't). Add to that: Starbuck has already claimed VT. Seems better to lynch that than to force another claim.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Starbuck
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by ekiM »

A week is definitely enough time to catch up. Especially this game. And, again, it's only not worth catching up if she's scum.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:01 am

Post by ekiM »

Well, thanks to PJ for great modding, flavor, and set-up. Thanks also to all players.

Town got demolished. I knew I didn't like the wagons D1 but I couldn't get my head enough into the game to do anything useful with pushing a better one. Well played, scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”