VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

/in. Nice to see some familiar faces here(Andrius, Jack and NS).

Is that post restriction thing serious? I can't really tell.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Getting lynched D1 adversely affects my self-esteem. :(
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

##Vote: Jack
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I'm here. Not really interested in talking about mechanics that don't really matter/apply yet.

Don't like Jack 136. Vote stays. Could also sway towards an NS vote when I feel like it.

Looking at the vote counts, one of Zang/Jack is the DV. It'll be kind of silly for Jack to lie about being the double voter, but that'll be easily apparent soon enough.

@Jack/Zang: Why buy double voter?

@SPS: Why NS?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fish: I don't get the FoS. Soo, I'm suspicious because I don't want to talk about who won the NK/bulletproof/whatever but am willing to talk about the DV which was obviously bought by Jack? What desperate defensiveness hm?

@Jack: Cool. There is such a thing called life wherein sometimes, when you least expect it, your schedule changes and you have less time for internet mafia. It happens.

While town should be interested in buying abilities, scum would be a lot more interested in them. Just sayin.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

1. I wasn't sure yet until now.
2. So because I'm here now and posting, I'm suddenly lying?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:19 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fish: 1. No one is claiming whatever they bought(yet), so any discussion is theory and also moot. You yourself agree that we should not drown ourselves in speculation and that was what I was talking about.

2. Because without the powers, scum are NK-less, not to mention weak. Also if they didn't get it, some one else got it and they'll fear for their necks. Shouldn't that make them more interested in buying/finding out who got the powers hm?

@Andrius: Well, I know how you act when you're scum :P.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:46 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Wrong wagon guys. The wagon we are looking for is the Jack wagon which has mysteriously dispersed after some 'OMG DV IS VOTING JACK' shenanigans(which is, ironically, him too. Don't know what I think of that, but I don't like it. >.>).

I dislike people who are being vague.
FoS: SPS

In other news: For some reason, I am almost always the top choice for D1 wagons >.>.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:04 am

Post by VasudeVa »

1. No. It's weird and it stalled your wagon. That needs some investigating.

2. Do point out 'everything scummy Ive done' hm? I seem to remember your case being meta based, not because I have done anything scummy.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:17 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fish:

[quote=Me 148]I'm here. Not really interested in
talking about mechanics
that don't really matter/apply yet. [/quote]

Where I come from, the bolded part means
discussion of mechanics
, not the mechanic itself. Nice try twisting my words though.

If you think that being the DV makes Jack more likelier to be scum, why aren't you voting for him yet? Why wait?
FoS: Fish

@Far: Lying about the double voter, self-vote, some scummy use of the DV, and generally being anti-town.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Oh man, I'm at L-1 at D1 again? This makes me a saaad panda

@Fish: Are you reading the same sentence as I am? That sentence reads to me as 'The discussion is doesn't matter yet', not 'The mechanics don't matter yet.'

@People asking the same question:
'Scummy use of the double vote'
-> If it disperses their wagon, yes. Although, I don't think that Jack had the foresight to do that but I still feel that whoever has the double vote should be investigated.

generally being anti-town
-> Self vote plus ignoring people who are trying to look into him (Zang). Plus he is being a bit vague, which is anti-town in my book.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:35 am

Post by VasudeVa »

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:55 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I disagree on pickpocket since it isn't as necessary as say, bulletproof/investigation immune/doctor.

You do have a point there though(albeit a minor one due to how inexpensive DV was).

##Vote: Fishy
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:54 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fish: "Talking about mechanics" is a gerund phrase, which makes it a noun, then the verb 'don't' refers to the discussion, not the mechanics.

If you read it this way:
Not really interested in
talking about
mechanics
that
don't really matter/apply yet.
Then what is the bolded part, hm?

So obviously it's meant to be read this way:
Not really interested in
talking about mechanics
that
don't
really matter/apply yet.
Red = Noun
Blue = Verb.

Not really super scummy, but I don't like self-votes in general as they are very anti town. I found it reason enough to (attempt to) wagon on him.

Also, note that I am no longer voting for him.

@People voting for me: Why?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Wrong grammer on my part then, sorry. But that's totally what I meant(Not that you'll believe me anyway). Mistake =/= Lying though.

If you know such a thing as known as pressuring, you'll understand. How am I likelier to be scum because I'm pressuring someone who is acting suspicious?

Lastly, to repeat myself, note that I am no longer voting for him.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

That's funny because that post was replying to this and I do not see any question there that had anything to do with asking why I voted for Jack.

---

Because I think(thought? not sure atm) that you were trying to twist my words. It's clear now though that I did make a grammar error, sooo...yeah. This is awkward. :|

Why I'm voting for you:
Before your 228: I thought you were twisting my words.
But then 231 came. Read first partition.

Also humor me: Let's say I'm scum, who do you think is my scumbuddy?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:36 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Note the sig. Also, you could check my wiki and ISO me and see the semi-bad engrish(at least, that's how I perceive it.). How is defending my sentence, which due to a mistake came out wrong, scummy?Why do you think I'm lying about making a mistake?

In all honesty, I do not see how I can defend myself from that without doing [ur=http://www.logicalfallacies.info/relevance/appeals/l]AtFL[/url] because I
did
make a mistake and you all misunderstood me.

Also note: In the heat of all the mechanics discussion, Why would I openly claim in thread that the mechanics don't apply yet when they obviously do?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:39 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Man, I'm failing all these tags. D:

AtFL

---
Irrelevant discussions goes here:
@Andrius: But you're Thor. D:

Also, what's wrong with my avatar? Are you...insulting me? That's IRL me btw circa 2007. XD. I just liek that picture of me holding a real human brain.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:29 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@SK:

1.That, or I could not have known the error I did until it was clearly pointed out to me. I don't disagree with you that it is good english. The main problem is it did not say what I wanted it to say.

How is it scummy that I was trying to make my point clear until the error of my ways have been pointed out? Of course, it's scummy to lie...but see here the message you have gotten from that sentence doesn't make sense (see cont.).

2.That, or I could have just megalurked like you did(you're not getting away with that BTW.) until the wagon was actually threatening. But I chose to post.

And why would I post that the mechanics don't apply yet? It's just stupid to say that, since the mechanics DO apply.

So, accdg. to you, because I was apparently being too quiet, I needed to post something that blatantly contradicts whatever is happening in the game? Makes no sense.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Jack wrote:Someone should hammer Vas.
You'll regret that once I flip town.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Why isn't it obvious that I'm town yet? (I would explain, but it would be better if you find out for yourselves.)
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

SaintKerrigan wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:Why isn't it obvious that I'm town yet? (I would explain, but it would be better if you find out for yourselves.)
Because you're scum?
This statement lacks a hammer vote.

FoS: Saint Kerrigan
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

You are ignoring my post btw.

To reiterate:

Why would I say that the mechanics do not matter? Quite important if you're seriously considering that I'm lying.

##Vote: Saint Kerrigan
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fish: Because, fishy, if I were scum and I had scumbuddies they would be going nutzos now, especially with daytalk(?). You cannot afford to lose 1 scumbuddy in this game, especially at D1, mainly because you would lose like 50% of your money/money gain and you cannot wire abilities to each other.

This, btw, should be why I'm obv town right about now. I've been at L-1 for a while you know.

---

@SK/Fish: Nice little theories on why I would say that! And yes, I did goof, but not in the way you theorize.

Still, the sentence that you think I said, does not make any fucking sense. The mechanics do apply and there is absolutely no reason why I should say that.

Okay let's say I did want to say that!
1. I do not gain town cred.
2. People will think I'm an idiot
3. I'll lose credibility
4. People will think I'm not paying attention to the game.
5. People will think I'm trying to discourage bidding etc.
6. Etc.

So, why would I say that? The only explanation left is that I made a mistake. Of course, I tried to defend my mistake because I did not know that I meant another thing and even suspected Fish for twisting my words. That should count for something. :|
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:04 am

Post by VasudeVa »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Also, of course you'd say the mechanics apply now, after people have been harping on you about it.
Why would I say it in the first place then?

And don't BS me about being pressured. Jack was the only vote for me when I said that. Then this little shitstorm about my sentence happened, and people started voting.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 am

Post by VasudeVa »

SaintKerrigan wrote:You didn't realize just how unpopular that opinion would be.

Jack specifically voted you for not posting. When scum get votes like that, they tend to want to post something to avoid drawing more lurkervotes.
The statement you think I said wasn't an opinion. It did not say anything along the lines of 'I don't think the mechanics apply yet' but it clearly, accdg. to you guys, says that 'the mechanics don't apply yet'.

That would be acceptable if I wanted to say something semi-bad but to want to say something that is real-fkn-bad-and-wagon-worthy(see above) is not.

If I wanted to say that, then it doesn't make sense with your second point on Jack's vote.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:04 am

Post by VasudeVa »

SaintKerrigan wrote: If VV knows enough to try and spin "talking about mechanics" as a gerund phrase, he definitely should know enough about English to realize how that sentence reads to people who understand English fluently.
That is a terrible presumption.

I don't know about you, but I don't think I'm infallible.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fish:
1. At any rate, the prolonged L-1 with little to no attempt to defend me(aside from NS on the later parts, Maybe a little from Navy), should speak for something. Also, I would be using that pretty pretty little daytalk mechanism to go "OMG SCUMBUDDY HALP!".

2. If my interpretation of events is correct,
you were defending yourself
making a post and attempting to scumhunt
and you made
a pretty serious misjudgement
grammatically correct sentence that meant another thing and wasn't aware of the other meaning
. You probably didn't think hard about the post before you posted it.

Fix'd.

3. Now that you think that it was a likely mistake, why aren't you unvoting yet? Or do you think I'm still scum with something else I've done?

@SK: How does that make me likelier to be scum? Yes, I am using my lack of knowledge of the English language to excuse myself from the fault but you see that could come from both town and scum to avoid being (mis)lynched.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:08 am

Post by VasudeVa »

In other news: I'd think there are 2-3 scum in {Jack, Fishythefish, Steam-Powered Shovel, Zajnet, farside22}.

Jack's current actions are hard to read. So let's say null with some parts anti-town.
SPS and Zajnet are wagoning, but it's D1 so it's null. Dislike the opportunism though.
I'm not a big fan of farside's play here. People who have played with her before would know why.
Fishy is investigation worthy, but not lynch worthy(ie. looking somewhat protown but is really suspicious). Cop go do that plx.

Do note that I still haven't gotten over my prerequisite newbie OMGUS instinct, but It's easy to see that I am an easy wagon for D1 and this wagon should not be overlooked. Also note the lack of a counter wagon.

If for some reason you guys should lynch me today(not recommended), I'd look into these players.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:09 am

Post by VasudeVa »

SaintKerrigan wrote:@ VV: Because what you said got you in hot water.
Me 282 wrote:that could come from both town and scum to avoid being (mis)lynched.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 am

Post by VasudeVa »

##Vote: Farside

Somehow forgot to put this in my last post.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:31 am

Post by VasudeVa »

I meant my 284 post then.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fish: Fair enough.

I have three categories of suspicion(borrowed...somewhere from someone sometime ago)
Shot - Scummy but not to the point that I want to lynch him right now. If I were a vig, I would shoot those in this category. (Incidentally, deadline lynches go should go here.)
Investigate - Looks reaally protown, but is very suspicious(ie. probable bussers, someone who looks like he's scum hunting but not catching scum etc.). If I were a cop, I would investigate if only to know his true intentions.
Lynch - Cream of the crop scum. No discussion is needed for his lynch, ie: someone who was found guilty, claimed scum, hammered a claimed cop etc.

You are in 'investigate'.

Jack vote was just that: He was anti town and I found him scummy(recent reflection makes me think it was this annoying little OMGUS instinct I can't get rid off that made me think that). Anything wrong with thinking that and voting him?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 am

Post by VasudeVa »

This game needs a shot in the arm.

Replies soon.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

I am so sad that we are lynching Andrius today. :(. I wanted to see him do that thing he did in Greek Mythology(ie. Prance around the thread being confirmed scum. Also call out to your scumbuddies.).

Still, this feels staggeringly similar to his earlier D1 play at Greek Mythology(when I was still alive). (btw, Do other Greek Mythology alumni agree?)

##Vote: Andrius
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Mod: How much money do we stand to gain with the world cup stuff anyhow?(Let's say I miraculously called all games right.)

---

In other news: Alm is town. That's all I have since my last post.

This game needs a shot in the arm.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

1. VV is wagon hopping!

While wagon hopping is in fact scummy, the fact that there is no other wagon(other than myself) is a little predicament. I'm mostly trying to make the most of my vote here, do you prefer that I withhold my vote and not give you any information?

2. VV is only interested in survival!
and is not the kamikazee bomb of protown play I once knew him to be!

Of course, I am interested in survival and there is no way I can BS to help town at this point given the semi-open nature of this game. Any self-respecting townie will not let themselves be mislynched.
And besides, I haven't lived long enough to fully play the unique mechanic of this game. So boo hoo, sorry if I want to have fun. But saying I'm scum for it is silly.

3. VV is not scumhunting!
Well. I'll admit that my scumhunt is very lax in this game. However do keep in mind that I am the one at question here. Any attempt of scumhunting that I am doing is blamed as 'wagoning'. Sooo, I'm like woah, wtf do I do here.
*and besides, doesn't suspecting your wagon count as scum hunting, hm? so after you flip/disperse the wagon, you know what to aim for?

---

@Fish 337: You are not making sense, again. You said that you think that because the sentence you thought I said did not make sense, therefore was a 'likely mistake'. However now you are bringing it up again and voting me. So reiterate: Did I make a mistake, or not?

@Alm: Well isn't this familiar. Replace in, and then tunnel. (Actually, that's why I think you're town(again(also parenthesis abuse)))

---

I think I am doing it wrong and I need another angle. Reread coming up whenever I feel like it.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Fish: Okay then, let's get this straight once and for all:

Do you think I made a mistake there, or not?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

YESSS! Thank you fish!

---
*Ahem*
Why Fish is Scum: A Qualitative Analysis of a Fishy Scumbag's Posts

ISO 31:
"I agree that the fact that what you said is pretty obviously a silly thing to say makes it more likely it was a genuine mistake. "

ISO 37:
"No, I don't think you made a mistake"

Saying that "I agree that the fact that what you said is pretty obviously a silly thing to say makes it more likely it was a genuine mistake. "
does not go with the sentiment
"I don't think you made a mistake"

Why say the first sentence
at all
when, in your mind, you are already thinking the second sentence.

There you have it, ladies and gentle men. Also, I would like to point out: ISO 37 is a classic example of cognitive dissonance.

##Vote: Fishy

---

Also, jumping around in wagons does not mean I'm
only
interested in survival. (How you guys managed to equate that with the other, I have no idea).
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 am

Post by VasudeVa »

AlmasterGM wrote:Vote hopping is what actually withholds information. We don't know who you'd prefer to lynch because it's clear you're just getting on whatever counterwagon you can find.
Point taken. But see here, there is a reason why I started vote-hopping all of a sudden~
*See cont.*
AlmasterGM wrote:VV's last post has decent content, but for some reason I still get a gut scummy vibe from it - like he went out and made it specifically because he knew people were yelling at him for not scumhunting. idk, though.
How does that make me more likelier to be scum than others?

I agree that people did have to yell at me to look for scum, but see here that could also come from a townie survival mode. (IMO, Survival mode should not be considered a scumtell. I do not get how you people think that townies are suicidal lemmings who do not want to have fun.)

Okay if that's not convincing, what would a townie do if all of town suddenly starts yelling at him for not scumhunting?(Actually, if you haven't noticed, I made a case that I was/am scumhunting. Do you disagree?)
Fishy wrote:There are some things that make me think it wasn't a mistake. There is one thing that makes me think it more likely to be a mistake. Why on earth shouldn't I consider both?

By your argument, if I think someone scum I should ignore all evidence to the contrary. You are saying precisely that it is wrong and scummy to consider both sides of the argument. Which is an extraordinarily horrible attack.
Considering both sides is not why I think you're scum.

But the important thing here is WHY you posted the two statements in question.

Why post ISO 31 AT ALL if in your mind you already were thinking ISO 37?

There is simply no excuse for a townie to post BOTH when they clearly have contradictory
sentiments
(Not statements, sentiments mind you.).

A scumbag, however, has something to gain from that ie. If suddenly you need to change statements, you can.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:33 am

Post by VasudeVa »

For the blind: Oh Joy, I'm at L-1 again.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Hey Andy. Read my case on Fish. Tell me what you think.

Also, regarding asking for metas: Back then, I thought they worked. But now I don't. Anything wrong with that?

--
In an unrelated note:
On-going Andrius game somewhere wrote:I won Greek Mythos. I believe in Epic.
Man, you're funny. XD.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #42) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Fishythefish wrote:@Andrius: when I referred to "something you believe" I meant your stance on the grammar thing. It feels genuine.

I've got nothing to say atm. VV is the best lynch.
So says the scum I caught red-handed.

Plus, I still don't see anyone defending me right now. If I was scum, why the fuck won't my scumbuddy even attempt to defend me? Your cases against me are weak and shitty, I don't even.

If any of you had brains, you would see that these weak and shitty cases are so easily deflected.

---

To explain why your cases are weak and shitty:
Let's ignore the fact that some of the reasons why people are voting for me could be considered null tells given the dual faction nature.

Everyone keeps arguing that I am doing these(namely: wagoning, survival mode) because of the confirmation bias in your heads that I am scum.

Which is stupid.

There is a massive difference between 'Actions that scum are likely to do' and 'Actions he did because he is scum'.

---

The best case right now is my case on fishy. It is unbiased, and I caught it even WITHOUT any pressure on his part(which is fkn awesome if you ask me).

Fish needs more rope.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #43) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Fishythefish wrote:@VV: your case on me amounts to "seeing both sides of an argument is scummy". There's no more to it than that. Your two contrasting quotes are:
"I agree that this is a piece of evidence in favour of argument A".
"I don't believe argument A is true".
There is quite obviously no contradiction there.
False.

Also lame defense btw.

----

I said SENTIMENTS, not STATEMENTS.

Here is why they contradict:

ISO 31:
"I agree that the fact that what you said is pretty obviously a silly thing to say makes it more likely it was a genuine mistake. "

By openly declaring in thread that you agree that the sillyness of my statement, the only sentiment you could have if you were a honest townie, is 'I don't think VV made a mistake'. Or at the very least 'It was likely that VV made a mistake'.

However, you suddenly posted this:

ISO 37:
"No, I don't think you made a mistake. I'm not 100% certain, but it's unlikely. "

And this one, clearly, the sentiment is 'VV made a mistake'. Note the 'I don't think' bullshit you are spewing has been redacted. That's for the cognitive dissonance case later~

There is simply no reason for an honest townie to think one of {I don't think VV made a mistake, It was likely that VV made a mistake} and {VV made a mistake}

Now then, (Third time repeating the same sentence woot!)
Why post ISO 31 at all then if you were already thinking ISO 37?

---
Minor Contradiction:
ISO 31:
"I agree that the fact that what you said is pretty obviously a silly thing to say makes it
more likely
it was a genuine mistake. "

ISO 37:
"No, I don't think you made a mistake. I'm not 100% certain,
but it's unlikely
. "

--
Cognitive Dissonance:
ISO 37:
"No, I don't think you made a mistake. I'm not 100% certain, but it's unlikely.

Cognitive Dissonance is a strong scumtell. Why? Because the role scum have makes them strongly dissonant due to the nature of their role. The idea of Cognitive Dissonance is: That there is an uncomfortable feeling when somebody thinks two contradicting sentiments at once.

In this example:
Fishy is thinking two contradictory sentiments*explained above*!

Just see how uncomfortable this sentence is. It's weak, it's vulnerable and
most importantly, it sounds unsure. He did not have enough time to think that it looks this weak though(see timestamps of 340 and 341).

And as to WHY scum should be dissonant?
Scum are supposed to be lying, and faking and etc. to achieve their wincon otherwise town will catch on to them.

--

tl;dr: Fish is scum. There is no way he is getting out of the points I made, and he is free to try and squirm and VV will just point and laugh.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Jack: Hows about we lynch obvscum fishy, I get NK'ed tonight and we all live happily ever after?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

A possibly good read for this town!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Confirmation bias: Stop it.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #46) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Jack wrote:I'm neutral on fishy. Andrius is much better. See my previous comments.
Andy is for D2. Fish is way scummier than Andy.

Andy -> Fake scumhunting(totally unconfirmable).
Fish -> Contradictory sentiments/intent(which ever word works), Dissonance, minor contradiction (Confirmed, by moi.)

Why neutral on Fish?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #47) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Jack wrote:I disagree with your read of the mistake contradiction business (just read it now). He was saying how he didn't think it was a mistake, and in that ISO 31 was just acknowledging your point, but didn't indicated that it changed his position.
Intent matters. I thought it was obvious but w/e. Do I have to point out the possible intents of both phrases, or can you figure it out on your own?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #48) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Jack wrote:I say things like this:

When I'm acknowledging a point that doesn't change my opinion. It's like saying "yes that's true, but inconsequential, now stop talking about it".
Hmm...this does make sense if he worded it out like that. However, since he didn't, I hold my case.

---

@Everyone on my Wagon: Aside from, apparently 'lying' about making a mistake, why am I scum? And don't BS me about survival mode and wagoning. Aside from the fact that there are plenty of other people here that are guiltier of wagoning than I am, I have explained my stance on my actions AND have pointed out plenty of reasons why I am town.

Also, Andrius' "Lynch anyone but me" argument is stupid. Why would I want myself to get lynched, scum or otherwise?

The longer this draws out, the likelier that I am going to be a deadline lynch. WHICH IS WHAT SCUM WANTS. So, town, get off your lurkiness and get discussing. (Man, I feel like I'm the only one here who actually wants to win.)
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #49) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Nobody Special wrote:VV has been tunneling Fish long enough. I realize that I knew what VV meant when he said that whole language clusterf*ck thing, but I also see that he's been flailing and pointing fingers wildly ever since.

I do not like this, Sam I Am.

##unvote

##Vote: VV
Ugh.

That's the second time you've hammered me when I'm town.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #50) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Let me get this straight, because I'm not sure I follow your train of thought yet.
You're saying that in ISO 31 Fishy says your "silly mistake" was a "genuine mistake" and in ISO 37 he says he doesn't think it was a mistake.
So you're voting him because of his contradiction?
And I'm not a scientist, so having looked at your link to Cognitive Dissonance I have to ask, how does C.D. apply here? I'm still a tad confused.
CD has alot to do with being unsure. And it's quite useful in mafia(provided the town actually LISTENS and are not stupid.)

Suppose a hypothetical situation:
Player A is scum. He believes that wagoning is scummy.
Player B is town. Player B is wagoning.
Player A points to town that B is wagoning.

Now, depending on how Town questions A and how A reacts, if he is being unsure about his stance, he is very likely to be scum.

Townies usually have a lot of confirmation bias~ Doesn't matter if they know nothing, as long as they think they are confirming their beliefs. And thus, appear REALLY sure about themselves. (Actually, this is why I don't mind being hammered, as it will eventually help in my wincon as there probably are 1-3 scum in my wagon. I just don't want to be killed off yet T_T)

---

Hey other-non-fishy-scum-faction. Please NK fish. You know you want to~
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #51) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

NS might be scum too(possibly partners with Fishy). :o

I don't remember being in the other game long enough for him to be 'used to my idiomatic posting'. That's some undeserved buddying there.(Not sure, but it's a point to be made.)(For Greek Mythology alumni, It's like how Jack was buddying me on my D1 lynch~)
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #52) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:23 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

No wait, I messed the CD explanation up.

---

Player A does NOT think wagoning is scummy, and then the two conflicting ideas come out.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #53) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:20 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Fishythefish wrote:Daytalking scumpost after some discussion with his scumbuddy. Also, lame defense.
Riiight.

So, why say the first sentence at all? Clearly, you don't think Rio Ferdinand's injury will affect the outcome of the game. Then why mention it?

The second statement trivializes the first statement(ie. the injury does not matter, Algeria FTW.). Which is exactly why it is dissonant. (ie. it is very unsure, and will give you leeway in case you need to switch sides.)

---

Cognitive dissonance is a way to catch someone who is lying about his belief. Most of the time, scum lie about their beliefs and get away with it(because it is unconfirmable). The CD scumtell is geared towards detecting these.

It is my job to catch lying scumbags like you trying to lie your way to my lynch(Which you got. But your days are numbered now~.)

--

Honestly, the hammered townie is still scum hunting. Now that's team spirit!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #54) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:39 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Fishythefish wrote:I don't intend to argue this any further. If anybody else sees any merit in your arguments, I'll have it out with them.
Give me an R~

Town:
R!

Give me an O~

Town:
O!

Give me a P~

Town:
P!

Give me an E~

Town:
E!

Put that together and what does it spell~

Rope Rope Ropeee~!!

---

Not that I blame you though. It's not your fault you're scum. :(
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Man, I TOLD YOU FISHY WAS SCUM D:<. I CAUGHT HIM D1 BUT NO ONE LISTENED TO ME! (Seriously though, it's always a huge problem on my games. >.> No one listens to me. I wonder what's wrong.)

Bravo on SK for catching 3/4ths of the scum(I'm pretty sure you would have caught all of them eventually if Fishy didn't masonize nopoint.) I was very impressed!

I was a little pissed that I got hammered before I even got to use the mechanics. Everyone was like 'OMG SURVIVAL MODE SCUMTELL' on me but I REALLY wanted to do some of the crafty math stuff SK did over the course of the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”