Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #1) » Sat May 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Albatross »

dRool, do you prefer to play scum or town?
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sat May 29, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Albatross »

dRool89 wrote:
Albatross wrote:Hi.

Crazy is my first town read.
Hello.

Why? Elaborate.
Gut, mostly. It might be his speaking style but his interactions with others seems to imply that he is actually trying to work with other people and read them, rather than just angling for a position:
Crazy wrote:Seriously, your case seems well thought out, but you didn't explain any of that in Post 25. You just mentioned the prod request. Why is that?
Here he asks a question about a discrepancy he sees, rather than immediately attacking you for it.

I wasn't completely sure, but I liked the read and his response to my expressing a town read was exactly what I was looking for from him if he was town, so I am slightly more sure now than I was an hour ago.
dRool wrote:
Albatross wrote:dRool, do you prefer to play scum or town?
dRool89 wrote:2. The more powerful the better. Night is no fun w/o special powers!
Scum. But it is more about power roles.
I ask because I get the impression that you are excited about this game (you have already made multiple long posts and it is only the second page) and it got me wondering. That might be a bit of an exaggeration (Contrary to how it may sound, I have skimmed a little bit of the thread.), though, so I am not willing to act on that.

Actually, I should probably ask crazy the same question.

@Crazy: Which do you prefer to play as, Crazy, town or scum?
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Sat May 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Albatross »

Crazy wrote:

Thank you. I love to buddy up to other people when I'm scum; however, when I am town, I am immune to the charms of other people.

If you believe I am pro-town, then you must have read the thread. Did you find anything scummy, mildly scummy, or perhaps "odd?" :)
Not really.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Sat May 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Albatross »

Footnote in the Third Person

Something that is "odd" is not pro-town. It can only be neutral or scummy. Thus, anyone that uses the word "odd" is either...

a. Referring to something that they think is neutral, which is not a very useful thing to do.

b. Referring to something that they find scummy, but they are too scared to use the term "scummy."

So, if dRool really thought that SV's posts were neutral, then his post #25 was entirely useless.

The only other option is that dRool thought that SV's posts were mildly scummy, or something to examine further. In this case, use of the word "odd" is just being cowardly, meaning he's trying to avoid backlash from SV or being associated with any argument against SV.

Neither of these options are very appealing.
One possible expanation that you are missing is that he saw something that he thinks might be significant but does not know how to interpret it himself and wanted to see if anyone else could help him out on it (Put simply: the question isn't rhetorical)

Though post 29 makes it sound like this wasn't entirely the case, so.

One motivation behind post 25 is that of scum who wanted to test the waters of the town before he sets into an attack, but hesitating before the attack could also be a tell for a non-confident townie (something I associate with newer players and I notice that dRool has about 100 posts even though he has an old join date) .

I'll think more on this.

Also, you may have notice that I use a lot of qualifiers in my speech. I'm sorry if this makes you tear your hair out, Crazy.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Sun May 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Albatross »

I would be very surprised if Crazy flipped scum.

I want to see a post from Shattered Viewpoint right now.

One of {Migwelloni, Johnny Rotten} is probably scum. Probably not both though.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Sun May 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Albatross »

Crazy wrote:Have you played mafia somewhere else, or are you an alt or something?
yea, I'm an alt.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:The hell?
Hi.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Albatross »

Johnny Rotten wrote:
dRool89 wrote:
...Or was the vote really just to "turn the heat up"?

Thats exactly what it was for. Wanted to see his reaction. Crazy was the only one with any sort of heat on him so far, and I was wondering what he would say/do with 3 votes on him.

Unfortunately, nothing good or telling happened. :(

Unvote
Boo. You should have waited at least another 12 hours. Now the tell I was looking for from Shattered has been tainted. >.<

In related news, Migwelloni is my first scum suspect. His vote on Crazy is super forced and comes after two other players have attacked him, the timing of which is indicative of scum wanting go with the flow. All aboard the Migwelloni train.
vote:Migwelloni

Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #8) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Albatross »

dRool89 wrote:
Albatross wrote:One of {Migwelloni, Johnny Rotten} is probably scum. Probably not both though.
Why? What do you think about:
Johnny Rotten wrote:Let's turn up the heat a bit.....

Vote Crazy
?
Because I saw a few attacks on Crazy, then a third party throws down a terribly reasoned vote while the first ones don't and THEN johnny joins the bandwagon he had supported. I think one of them is scum that smelt a wagon and wanted to get on early, but I don't think two scumbuddies would act so closely to one another.

Johnny had demonstrated that his vote was for reactions by not sticking with it, and I saw a minor town tell from him earlier, so that makes the decision very easy.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Mon May 31, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Albatross »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Neither of those are really quite appropriate. I don't think it says anything about how scummy you are, I'm just saying you're wrong. It's a philosophical debate on how to play mafia more than anything.
Philosophical debates are nice and all, but any thoughts on any players' actual alignments, Dizzy?

If I may be so forward, may I suggest a vote on Migwelloni?
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Albatross »

So ya, I'm just waiting for Migwelloni to be lynched. Anything anybody wants me to comment on?
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Albatross »

Albatross: Would you be willing to see Migwelloni lynched right here, right now? Or do you want the day to last longer
I want to say that a 5 page day 1 would be awesome, but it really isn't. There are some players that I want to look at more and if Migwelloni flips town I wouldn't know where to start (and I would be kinda shooting in the dark even if he DOES flip scum), so I hesitate to say I want to see blood RIGHT now.

Tell you what, I will be ready to lynch Migwelloni after Dizzy posts 4 more times.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Albatross »

Everyone: Who are/is your current suspect(s)?
IF migwelloni is scum, both of his buddies are lurking hardcore right now, with probably only one of them bussing right now, if that. Everything is amorphous enough that I can only narrow it down to a range of players, {Dizzy, you, Shattered, MPR, SSS, and dRool (Where did this guy go after posting a lot in the first two pages? hrmm)} are all very neutral right now, with only the slightest leaning toward Shattered and dRool as the scum.

If migwelloni is town, then at least one scum is probably sitting on him right now and I guess I would need to go over the lurkers some more...
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by Albatross »

I forgot to ask, Howzabout you? Who are your suspects?
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Albatross »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Albatross wrote: Tell you what, I will be ready to lynch Migwelloni after Dizzy posts 4 more times.
Would you care to elaborate on this oddly specific condition?
Nope. :V
Aldus wrote:

Question: Why would you announce this?
I was looking for this:
Crazy wrote:Thank you. I love to buddy up to other people when I'm scum; however, when I am town, I am immune to the charms of other people.

If you believe I am pro-town, then you must have read the thread. Did you find anything scummy, mildly scummy, or perhaps "odd?"
jmj3000 wrote:Ok, after reading over the topic, I have to say Crazy and Migwelloni/Shadow Dancer are two of my top suspects, with
SSSS and Albatross my third strongest scum vibes

Vote: SSSS
:|
jmj wrote:Albatross: Comes in and right out of the gate says who he thinks is town. Bad part is, it's only one person, and that person was under suspicion for their "weasel word" argument. He then goes on to say that their read is based on gut, but never offers any evidence to back up their gut or add to it.
Bullshit. I explained exactly why I have a town read on Crazy. Yes, a bit of it is gut, but I do have reasons and I provided them.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by Albatross »

Alb100: So one easy target is found - with three scum in the game. Now you can lean back and relaxe... Scummy

alb103: More openly confessed desire for quick blood - reasons can come later... Dafinitely in my scummy list now.

alb105: So you basically would know nothing at all either way - great reason to scream for blood. SCUMMY

alb106: And after all that deep insight into your reads (yeah, sacasm, alright), you hand the cup to some one else...
What a horrible mischaracterization of my posts. I mean, my god. Scream for blood? I specifically said I wasn't actually comfortable with migwelloni being immediately lynched, and as for me "sitting back and relaxing" there wasn't anything relevant for me to comment on.

Pass the cup to someone else? What the fuck? Asking return questions is scummy now?
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Albatross »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:I'm of the opinion that Shadow Dancer seems town, and I'm finding his case against Albatross to be the most convincing made so far.

vote: Albatross
for now, closer to the deadline I intend to move to the wagon most likely to give us a lynch since I'm not a fan of no lynching on account of it generally being bad for the town.
I would like you specifically to say why I am scummy. Don't refrence shadow's case at all.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Albatross »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Any way, cop killed N0 is a really bad start...

Not that I'd say it would matter much any more, but I voted Albatross.
^^ Classic Jeepian scum tell. Make of that what you will.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by Albatross »

Alduskkel wrote:
Albatross wrote: Nope. :V
Why not? DizzyIzzy, why aren't you the one asking the previous question?
I thought it was pretty obvious that I wanted to develop my read on Dizzy more before I was ready to move on with the game. The specific number of "4" was an arbitrary number I chose. Not immediate but at least another page.
Aldusskel wrote:
Albatross wrote:
Aldus wrote:

Question: Why would you announce this?
I was looking for this:
Crazy wrote:Thank you. I love to buddy up to other people when I'm scum; however, when I am town, I am immune to the charms of other people.

If you believe I am pro-town, then you must have read the thread. Did you find anything scummy, mildly scummy, or perhaps "odd?"
Why were you looking for that? What did it tell you, specifically?
He was incredulous and did not reciprocate any buddying, indicating that he was paranoid about my alignment and wasn't scum happy that someone had a town read on him.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:46 am

Post by Albatross »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Albatross wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:I'm of the opinion that Shadow Dancer seems town, and I'm finding his case against Albatross to be the most convincing made so far.

vote: Albatross
for now, closer to the deadline I intend to move to the wagon most likely to give us a lynch since I'm not a fan of no lynching on account of it generally being bad for the town.
I would like you specifically to say why I am scummy. Don't refrence shadow's case at all.
So... you want me to tell you why you're scummy without being able to reference any of the things that make you scummy?
Nooooo. I want you to say why I am scummy in your own words, because I don't like you sheeping off of a terrible, terrible case.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Albatross »

Shadow Dancer wrote:@Alb: I'm very well aware of the fact that "scream for blood" is a drastic choice of words. But your behaviour is really striking. And I
drastic formulations.

Would you mind elaborating on the bogus in post 156, by the way?

And I think you are aware that you try to defend yourself by presenting your actions as singular events without context, right?
No, the point is that "scream for blood" isn't Hyperbolie, it is the opposite of what I actually said.

going "gosh darn we lost a power role thats too bad" is a pretty old scum tell that has been around the sight for longer than my main has. It was one of Jeeps secret tells that he published a while ago.

Your third paragraph is madness.
Albatross
Albatross
Townie
Albatross
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Albatross »

Blah. Will post tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Open Games”