dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Fri May 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by dRool89 »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
So, some questions:

@everyone

What is your policy on lynch all lurkers? (agree, disagree...)
Do you prefer playing as town, mafia, or power roles?
Why did you choose the username you have :)
1. Lynching lurkers is certainly justified in certain situations. I'm always reluctant to lynch lurkers because I have been on the other side of the situation and it oftentimes yields less-than-desirable results.

Furthermore, it can be a good opportunity for scum to get an easy townie lynch - especially in the early game.

2. The more powerful the better. Night is no fun w/o special powers!

3. An old friend gave me the name in an FPS game (lol COD 1). I've never been known as a guy who dRools or anything. ;)

ANYWAY, I used to play competitive smash bros. A lot. So, my competitive nature forces me to
Vote Smashbro
dRool89
dRool89
Goon
dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Fri May 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by dRool89 »

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I feel that, in order to clarify Rule $#14, I should state that am not a real person. I am made of smoke and mirrors. Shattered mirrors.

Also,
@Mod: You have no rules about prodding. Can you prod everyone now? I'm about to fall asleep here.
Whats up with asking for a prod 2 hours in to the game starting?

Does anyone see this as odd?
dRool89
dRool89
Goon
dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sat May 29, 2010 7:42 am

Post by dRool89 »

Crazy wrote:
dRool89 wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:I feel that, in order to clarify Rule $#14, I should state that am not a real person. I am made of smoke and mirrors. Shattered mirrors.

Also,
@Mod: You have no rules about prodding. Can you prod everyone now? I'm about to fall asleep here.

Automatic
FoS
for using the word "odd."

People who use words such as "odd" or "interesting" are either too afraid to use the word "scummy," or can't think of a reason why something is scummy.
Let us delve into this a bit.

I reread the first page yesternight, and it seemed like Shattered's posts on page 1 could be viewed as a preemptive attempt to appear active while not actually saying a whole lot (this idea could fairly be applied to others. It is page 1). Note that I did not change from my random vote on Smash and never issued anything official (FoS, etc).

He did ask for a prod (which he explained) and deliberately did not elaborate on the miller claim issue (which is now moot, but regardless...).

So that was my take on it: potentially odd, perhaps something worth examining.

Now on to the automatic FoS for using the word "odd" in place of "scummy" or other mafia colloquialisms.

I want you to elaborate on this quote and your ideas behind it:
Crazy wrote:People who use words such as "odd" or "interesting" are either too afraid to use the word "scummy," or can't think of a reason why something is scummy.
Why? Has anyone, to this point, done anything that you would label "scummy?"

If not, then why would the word "odd" be out of place here. I don't feel you could reasonably construe or interpret my question as suspicious. Perhaps in the same way I was reluctant to deem anything Shattered said as such.
dRool89
dRool89
Goon
dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:01 am

Post by dRool89 »

Crazy wrote: Seriously, your case seems well thought out, but you didn't explain any of that in Post 25. You just mentioned the prod request. Why is that?
After we've had a few people examine prod request, it seems that it was likely (more weasel words) an innocent, "Hey mod, let's get started asap" rather than, "I'm scum and I'm looking to present myself as an active and constructive member of the game within the first two hours to establish a good foundation to hide under."

Agree or disagree?

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this.
Crazy wrote: I believe using the word "odd" is scummy. :P
I think you are applying this idea too universally. Particularly in the context we're dealing with. It is like you are saying that I need outright say that the prod request (coupled with the other short posts Shattered had on pg 1) was scummy. This isn't absolute. There is nothing on page one that I would call explicitly scummy. Period. By using less confident words I am expressing my thoughts on the issue more clearly.

I'll continue to use "weasel words" where I see fit. That said, I will take firm stances if I feel the situation calls for that.
Crazy wrote: But from what you just said, you had a semi-solid case on SV that could easily describe him as "scummy"
I disagree. I don't think I could justly describe anything he has said (so far) as "scummy."

I think Dizzy would agree:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:No, not really. Getting a prod on everyone at this point is a good idea since it lets everyone know the game has started and stimulates early game discussion.
I still think that asking for a prod immediately after the game started could have been motivated by, "I'm scum and I'm looking to present myself as an active and constructive member of the game within the first two hours to establish a good foundation to hide under."

But he could just be pumped about playing a game of mafia, right?

It isn't concrete. It could be viewed as peculiar, however.
Crazy wrote:you try to avoid any backlash by merely calling it "odd." But what's scummier is that you never posted your full case to begin with! To me, it's like you were stirring the pot but setting up someone else to take the fall.
As I said above, I don't feel like this is a solid case against Shattered. It is hardly a "case," if you'd even call it one. Again, we're not even 3 pages into the game yet -- there isn't a whole lot for us to work with so speaking in absolutes seems a bit absurd.

Do you think that this is a "semi-solid, well thought out" case against Shattered? Does anyone?

If I felt that way I would have either FoS'd or voted. I'd expect you to do the same.

I didn't make any accusations in post 25 and asked what the town thought.
dRool89 wrote: Does anyone see this as odd?
I didn't even insist it was odd to begin with! I did not inquire, "does anyone else see this as odd?
dRool89
dRool89
Goon
dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:02 am

Post by dRool89 »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Crazy wrote:
dRool89 wrote:

Also,

Automatic
FoS
for using the word "odd."

People who use words such as "odd" or "interesting" are either too afraid to use the word "scummy," or can't think of a reason why something is scummy.
This post is terrible. Some might even call it odd or interesting.
Elaborate. I might be inclined to agree.
dRool89
dRool89
Goon
dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sat May 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by dRool89 »

Albatross wrote:Hi.

Crazy is my first town read.
Hello.

Why? Elaborate.
Albatross wrote:dRool, do you prefer to play scum or town?
dRool89 wrote:2. The more powerful the better. Night is no fun w/o special powers!
Scum. But it is more about power roles.
dRool89
dRool89
Goon
dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by dRool89 »

Albatross wrote:One of {Migwelloni, Johnny Rotten} is probably scum. Probably not both though.
Why? What do you think about:
Johnny Rotten wrote:Let's turn up the heat a bit.....

Vote Crazy
?

Also, Johnny have any reasons for this? You said a few things about the semantics we (Crazy and I) got into earlier but didn't mention anything about Crazy directly.

...Or was the vote really just to "turn the heat up"?
dRool89
dRool89
Goon
dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:13 am

Post by dRool89 »

Decent sized post on the way - in less than 24hrs.
dRool89
dRool89
Goon
dRool89
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:30 am

Post by dRool89 »

Before I post later (I going to go over my initial 24hr estimate)...

Does anyone have anything they want me to comment on?

I'll probably provide a player-by-player break down. Perhaps not on some, specifically those who haven't been posting a lot.

Return to “Completed Open Games”