Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Vote: rajrhcpfreak

You have a crazy name, sir.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

While it's all very interesting, the discussion of MMM's opinion of the books has very little to do with helping us actually win the game, is it? Kudos to Nobody Special for at least trying to relate it back to the actual game.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Damnit...
unvote, Vote Nobody Special
, for backsliding after I gave him kudos for staying on topic.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And the image tags are denied!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #74 (isolation #4) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It's early, so it's very hard to tell, but I'm innately suspicious of anyone who tries to delay or stop meaningful discussion. And so far, the silliness that has delayed it was perpetrated mainly by Nobody Special, farside, and MPR. Oddly, all three of them are also on the 6 man MMM bandwagon. No guarantees of anything, so early, but worth keeping an eye on.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #83 (isolation #5) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

farside22 wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:It's early, so it's very hard to tell, but I'm innately suspicious of anyone who tries to delay or stop meaningful discussion. And so far, the silliness that has delayed it was perpetrated mainly by Nobody Special, farside, and MPR. Oddly, all three of them are also on the 6 man MMM bandwagon. No guarantees of anything, so early, but worth keeping an eye on.
unvote:
vote: Sudo

That's pretty hypocritcal statement consider your converstions so far was giving a plus point to NS for trying to make conversation then voting him for back tracking and being silly. Yet you Sudo offer nothing to move the conversation forward but pointless blames towards others.
Hypocritical? I stated from the off that I wasn't a fan of the time wasting. I made a random vote (or two), but that's hardly enough to cancel out my later statements, I think. And "pointless blames"? At least I was doing something to try and create real discussion instead of pointless blather.
farside22 wrote: Lets note the things you didn't note in all this.
Fake: voting randomly and ignoring MMM (why?)
Sera: Asking about the vote from Fate and not following through
Anyone that made one or two post and staying so low off the radar as not to move the game forward.
And what exactly did MMM say, that in a mafia context, makes one whit of difference that FakeGod ignored it? And voting randomly, in a game where everyone is expected to make at least one random vote? Is that supposed to be a point?

Sera and the lurkers are irrelevant. People lurking during RVS was not noted because its not noteworthy. Some people are just like that. It's annoying, but there's not a lot that can be done. If they continue lurking, then they'll be noted.
farside22 wrote: Things you noted:
People being silly. OMG stop us from talking how dare we.
Noting things although minor (cough me) in regards to IH's post and comment and asking NS more about his vote on MMM and his thought process.
People having fun isn't a problem. People should have fun- it's a game. But when your "fun" is causing a distraction from the purpose of the actual game, it presents a potential problem. Perhaps I should have simply feigned outrage at MMM and posted a lolcat, instead?
farside22 wrote: Basically your asking no questions and scorning people who even though you see "joking" are actually looking at things more seriously then the non/lack of comment posters.
I didn't ask questions because I didn't need to ask questions to provoke a reaction- your post, at a minimum, suggests that I did a very fair job by simply making an observation. And again, saying that "My bullshit is okay because I'm not lurking" is completely worthless on page 4; lurking, in my opinion, doesn't really become noteworthy until the game starts moving. In other words, when people cut the bullshit.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #89 (isolation #6) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

farside22 wrote:
scum sudo wrote:I stated from the off that I wasn't a fan of the time wasting

You did? Really I would love to see this quote where you said you were not a fan of wasting time in this game.
Sudo_Nym wrote:While it's all very interesting, the discussion of MMM's opinion of the books has very little to do with helping us actually win the game, is it? Kudos to Nobody Special for at least trying to relate it back to the actual game.
My very second post. Granted, I made one more joke post subsequently, but from then on I've attempted to remain on topic. I notice you immediately started bitching at me after I made the mere observation that you were coming off-topic.
farside wrote:Great so we are both agreed your not asking question and just bitching about the players.
Which implies that you believe that the only possible way to aid the game along is to ask questions. My point is that it is not. Conversation can be generated without asking a question. Case in point, we're having a conversation, and I have yet to ask you anything.
farside wrote:Oh wow the someone noticed me comment is thrown there just to justify you doing something.
"To justify" what? My entire point was that whether or not I'm asking question is irrelevant to whether I'm helping pull the game out of RVS, and I offered evidence that this was the case. Rather than provide any sort of logical argument, you decide to just try and blow me off.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

farside wrote: So Sudo: Your saying I'm making observations (IE: bitching about people) but it's still means I'm providing something to move the game along.
You did this twice. The first time no one said anything. So......how did this move along the first time you tried it? If your goal was truely to try and move the game forward wouldn't you try another tactic instead of more bitching again?
If people continued to ignore your bitching does it really move the game along?
How is this an argument? The fact that nobody responded the first time is a hit against me? Isn't that the exact same pitfall that any attempt at generating conversation that has every existed has had? But now that I'm doing it, it's suddenly distracting?
farside wrote: By the way ignoring questions being asked at you helps me to see you more scummy Sudo please continue to ignore those points you can't respond to.
IE:
far wrote: How is it distracting? Do you see anyone else promoting discussion in any way shape or form?
I ignored the question because its worthless. "Nobody else is better" is not a reasonable excuse for anything, ever, and it's no better in a mafia game. One would think a mother would know that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #134 (isolation #8) » Thu May 27, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

@ sudo: what is your opinion of fakegod?
I don't particularly have an opinion on FakeGod yet- he's only got six posts in the game so far. Not really enough to tell what someone's alignment is, unless one of them is "I'm scum". Simply asking if this is a bastard game is, as far as I can tell, a null tell; I know Sens well enough to have wondered it myself, even if I didn't state it in-thread.

And I'm still struggling to figure out what farside's case on me actually is, and how she could have "won" the argument. That I felt people were dragging out the RVS more than necessary? That my desire to get to the actual game is hypocritical? I've looked over her posts on me, and I don't get it. Maybe it's because the case is against me, and thus doesn't jibe with the information I already have.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #166 (isolation #9) » Sun May 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

ooba wrote:- Read all seven pages
- Just waiting on something before I post
Waiting on what, exactly? I'm not sure what exactly you have to be waiting for, before you can give your opinions on the 7 pages that already exist.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #168 (isolation #10) » Sun May 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

ooba wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:
Waiting on what, exactly? I'm not sure what exactly you have to be waiting for, before you can give your opinions on the 7 pages that already exist.
It's one of those things where if told, loses its purpose.
Convenient, but not helpful. I would hope that this turns out to be useful, because otherwise it seems quite suspicious.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #170 (isolation #11) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Espeonage wrote:I hate people that do this.
What I hate more is people that do this.
Sudo_Nym wrote:
Let him go and judge after you have seen what he is doing.
Which is exactly what I am doing. I didn't like that he wants to delay, and I want him to just come out with it, and I stated as such. But I didn't vote or even FoS him, because he deserves a chance. I just thought that I should be upfront about this.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #181 (isolation #12) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

farside22 wrote: Sudo any reason for ignoring RC's comments?
Any particular reason why my comments are necessary? RC is obvious, and has been commented on at length already, by a variety of people. He even has a number of votes. I don't pile on because I see no purpose to piling on. Should I be wagging my finger, going "Bad RC. All those things other people already said go the same for me?"

*wags finger* Bad RC. All those things other people already said go the same for me.

Now that that's out of the way, might I ask why you're focusing on me, to the near-exclusion of everyone else? I cannot, for the life of me, understand why trying to pull the town out of RVS into serious discussion has set you off in such a manner.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #184 (isolation #13) » Mon May 31, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

farside22 wrote:
Sudo_Nym wrote:It's early, so it's very hard to tell, but I'm innately suspicious of anyone who tries to delay or stop meaningful discussion. And so far, the silliness that has delayed it was perpetrated mainly by Nobody Special, farside, and MPR. Oddly, all three of them are also on the 6 man MMM bandwagon. No guarantees of anything, so early, but worth keeping an eye on.
Tell me again why you are not voting for RC while stating this and then tell me why it's not scummy Sudo?
You think because he's getting others noting his behavoir you should just ignore it then? You think that it's not scummy even though you called out anyone for delaying RVS. RC isn't even mentioned in this post in the first place.
That is why I'm noticing you.
It's a team game, at it's heart. There's no need for me to pile onto RC, so long as it is getting done. And if my intention was truly to completely ignore him, then at least we can agree I'm making a poor job of it.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #205 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Probably V/LA until Saturday
. May get home on Friday.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #233 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Seraphim wrote:Alright, first, let's check out Sudo's 74:
The interesting thing about this post is something that farside has already pointed out: this post doesn't contribute to meaningful discussion either.

Then check out 83:
kmd wrote:
Sudo wrote:At least I was doing something to try and create real discussion instead of pointless blather.
Not really. Where exactly do you create real discussion? Well, I suppose your post did create discussion but not in the way intended.

This disproves your intial point. If you really intended to create or move along discussion, wouldn't you have pointed out something noteworthy, something actually indicative of scum? Keeping the RVS going isn't and has never been a scumtell. Some town like their RVS. So?

Farside wins the argument because she's right about Sudo's contradiction in his play.
My whole point (and it may not be a great point, it's been a long time since I've played in any big games) was that my actions were designed to get something going. Even if the original post was not the most worthwhile thing, we got a discussion going that got people talking, instead of pointless joking. That's my point of view on it, anyway.
Sudo wrote:It's a team game, at it's heart. There's no need for me to pile onto RC, so long as it is getting done. And if my intention was truly to completely ignore him, then at least we can agree I'm making a poor job of it.
Huh?

The scumminess meter is......

going off the........

charts.
Why is that scummy? This is a team game, and there's no point in piling on when others are doing a fine job of making the case already.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #248 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

@ReaperCharlie:

Maybe it's too early for me, but a quick search of your ISO shows no question directed at me. Just a lot of statements
about
me. Care to make it easy on a tired and overworked man?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #250 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Reap, I really don't think FakeGod is scum.
Why not?
Sudo_Nym wrote:@ReaperCharlie:

Maybe it's too early for me, but a quick search of your ISO shows no question directed at me. Just a lot of statements
about
me. Care to make it easy on a tired and overworked man?
Read my 191 about your 181. There might even be other questions, I can't be arsed to look them up right now though, so...

And maybe your 'quick search' was too quick, cause I found that after about 10 seconds of glancing through.

Also: If you're not going to take the time to make a worthwhile post, don't even bother.
Sorry, that you made a backhand comment in the middle of a large post about a variety of people, and I managed to overlook it. And second, you've been hounding me for a long time to answer questions, but never once actually say what question I've managed to not answer, and then bitch that my request for your question is the worthless post. You could have resolved this a lot sooner, but then what do I know?
RC wrote: yes, sudo, I;m still kinda waiting for a reply to my question. this goes for fakegod as well.

@ 181: why are you comparing myself and you, then calling me obvscum, and then NOT voting for me? huh???

first of all, we aren't playing similarly at all. you were trying to rip people a new one for prolonging RVS while I was happily enjoying a prolonged RVS, thanks in part to yours truly.

secondly, please point to what makes me obvscum (without parroting kmd's "he hasn't posted content yet!" argument, like everyone else seems to be doing). can you?

thirdly, even though you're that wrong about me, you seem to be convinced that I'm scum. but you go ahead and don't vote for me... this doesn't sit well with me.

boop... boop.... booopppp.... *points scumdar at sudo* Beepbeepbeepbeepbeep!!!!
And the biggest reason I overlooked it is because I assumed it was pointed at FG, and I don't think I can be blamed for that. You're calling me out for calling you obvscum, and then blasting me for not voting you. Except I never called you obvscum; I don't think I've ever refered to anyone as obvscum in any game I've ever played. I didn't vote you because I wanted to see you under pressure, and you were. If I truly thought you were obvscum, I would have voted for you. I was content with a bandwagon and seeing what shakes loose. Though this has brought me some grief, I stand by it as the correct decision nonetheless.

Anything else, Mr. Charles?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #255 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sudo_Nym wrote:
farside22 wrote:Sudo any reason for ignoring RC's comments?
Any particular reason why my comments are necessary?
RC is obvious
, and has been commented on at length already, by a variety of people. He even has a number of votes.
What did you mean by that statement, then?[/quote]

I meant that the case about you was obvious, and was being picked up on. You were under some pressure for it, if you'll recall. I never assume that one piece of evidence, however obvious, is enough to call a person scummy, however. That's why the word "scummy" never appears in that post. I wanted to see how you responded to the pressure before I declared one way or the other, and you did okay, so I never voted. Not to say I'm convinced of your innocence, but there you have it.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #280 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Uh, what? You've contributed like, NOTHING to the game, raj2457wfhsdfjh. All you've done is sheep kmd, and lurk blatantly.

And how is it pro-town to push for a claim? Especially at what, L-4?
Not to put too fine a point on it, but QFT. I went back to look at rajie in ISO, and he's got 7 posts, only 1 of which is longer than 3 sentences. If anything, I get the distinct impression he's a scum lurking, posting just often enough to avoid prodding.

This is a time when I do feel strongly enough to
vote: rajrhcpfreak
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #337 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sudo, if you are town, claim immediately. The "I will claim only if I am at L-1,L-2" bit only reduces chances of moving to another lynch if your claim is believable. Time is of the essence.
Pro-town jailkeeper. No name claim, I think, because that's just going to lead to misunderstandings.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #344 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm a dementor. I get to lock people up in Azkaban. Told you it wasn't a good claim for pro-town.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #378 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That's basically why I was hesitant to nameclaim, because I knew that there was little chance people would simply buy a dementor as good. I know that I certainly wouldn't, if I didn't have direct access to the role PM.

To ooba: I win as town. That's why I said I'm pro-town. I win when the scum are dead. And I don't know what you mean by MT-class.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #424 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And I find it very interesting that RC is more interested in lynching anyone then he is in helping the bandwagon hit somebody who is, at least, not a claimed PR.

In support of the new bandwagon (and self-defense), UNVOTE: , VOTE: MPR

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”