camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:14 am

Post by camn »

Wow, Kenman.
Well played.
I was fooled till the very end.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:15 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Ok, well that was predictable. Great work getting your results in Elli.

So it's 4:15am and I'm not going to place a vote yet, but I think I know where my vote is going to head.

Can we get boberz to claim his role and all results please?
I'm old now.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:16 am

Post by camn »

bouncy.bouncy

camn

boberz

SaintKerrigan

SerialClergyman

Steam-Powered Shovel
TheButtonmen

I think that this game has just taken a turn for the better.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #1, Day 4 wrote:
*Not voting (7) <-~ bouncy.bouncy, camn, boberz, SaintKerrigan, SerialClergyman, Steam-Powered Shovel, TheButtonmen

7 alive; 4 votes will do it.

An asterisk by a player's name indicates said player would be lynched if deadline were to hit right this moment.

Morning Deadline:
Thursday, May 27th at 2:30 P.M. EST
Day Deadline:
Sunday, May 30th at 2:30 P.M. EST
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 am

Post by camn »

I am more inclined toward a SPS lynch than a button lynch right now.
His play at the end of the Maemuki wagon bothers me, as I stated.
But I would support lynching either, as it stands.

And to pre-empt the talk of me being scum:
Its nonsense.
I breadcrumbed my vanilla status in post 1, which means one of two things. Either:
a) I am vanilla OR
b) I was PLANNING a vanilla fake claim, and no other fakeclaim, the whole time.

Now, If a), I am town.
If b), I have incredible foresight and planning skills.. in which case I would have NEVER allowed the Kenman situation to progress how it did.
Ask yourself if you can see me coaching him SO POORLY. No chance.

Basically, anyone who says I am Kenman's partner insults my abilities :)

That said, Buttonmen: lets see your case.
You were lining up lynches earlier.. seemed pretty convinced that Kenman would flip scum. Maybe you already knew his alignment? Show me the money.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:27 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Guys, why weren't votes removed when Kenman got to L-1? There's definitely scum on the Kenman wagon, since I find it hard to believe that four townies would allow Ken to getaway with quicklynching himself.

Boberz needs to give his results ASAP. He's obviously the next person to die as confirmed town.

I'm having a little difficulty right now with the idea of Camn's innocence. She was very gung-ho for the lynch of two townies, but when someone scummier than both the previous lynches comes along, she's fairly resistant to the idea of lynching him. He turns out to be scum. This does not make Camn look good. I have some thinking to do on this one.

Bouncy needs to start posting stuff, or get replaced.

My gut (and sporadic memory) says that SPS or Button (or both) is scum. Not sure which, and I'm not going to place a vote yet.

Due to Elli's info, if there's a godfather in the game, it's likely SPS or Camn. So if one of them flips Godfather later on, the other is definitely innocent.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:29 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING DOUBLEPOSTS!!!

I refreshed this page specifically to make sure I wouldn't do this, and guess what happens?

Mod: Please delete one of the two previous posts.

Done. - Incog-mod
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:02 am

Post by camn »

I don't want to have this argument.. but outside of unconfirmed power-role speculation.. how was Kenman scummy? His responses seemed genuine to me.

I had a town read on him, which I defended.

Do you really think that, in the face of 2 power role attacks.. that I would fail to bus a scumpartner?
There is no scum motivation for it, especially considering that my position ALWAYS was to lynch Kenman before Lylo. Why would me-scum openly protect someone who I KNEW would flip scum eventually? How does that even make sense? Clearly I thought he was town, which procludes me from being scum.
The fact that you wanted to rush it so hard is the scummy part, but I have a town read on you otherwise.

But if it HAS to be me or SPS (a position I am not convinced on) then lets lynch him. But is he is town and you stick with this serial-lynch nonsense.. then we are dead.

Also.. just a point of irony. You are attacking me both for lynching Kenman too quickly, and for not Lynching Kenman quickly enough. :)
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:44 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Camn wrote:I don't want to have this argument.. but outside of unconfirmed power-role speculation.. how was Kenman scummy? His responses seemed genuine to me.
I was ready to hammer him even before he claimed Hider. His posts did not read as town in my eyes. Post #245, in particular. Since then, he just kept making himself scummy, and I felt it was fairly obvious that he fakeclaimed Hider to get out of what otherwise would've been a sure lynch.
Camn wrote:Do you really think that, in the face of 2 power role attacks.. that I would fail to bus a scumpartner?
There is no scum motivation for it, especially considering that my position ALWAYS was to lynch Kenman before Lylo. Why would me-scum openly protect someone who I KNEW would flip scum eventually? How does that even make sense? Clearly I thought he was town, which procludes me from being scum.
Actually, it's kinda hard to know, since I've never seen you play as scum before. But in general, keeping Kenman alive as long as possible creates more mislynch opportunities, which is good for scum. One more mislynch likely puts us in lylo, so delaying a Kenman lynch until D4 wouldn't be a bad move for scum. Even if you get lynched the following day, there's still one guy left (presuming a 3-man scumteam), so as long as he stays alive, scum wins. It's not as ridiculous as you make it out to be.
Camn wrote:The fact that you wanted to rush it so hard is the scummy part, but I have a town read on you otherwise.
You mean me rush the Kenman lynch? Sure, because I thought he was likely scum. Game mechanics persuaded me to stay my hand. But I didn't rush the lynch on Day 3. On the contrary, I unvoted specifically to prevent a quicklynch. Unfortunately more scum got on and the town onboard weren't paying attention.
Camn wrote:But if it HAS to be me or SPS (a position I am not convinced on) then lets lynch him. But is he is town and you stick with this serial-lynch nonsense.. then we are dead.
I never said either you or SPS absolutely had to be scum. I just said if there was a Godfather, it was likely one of you two, so if either of you flips Godfather later, the other is totally cleared. Actually, if someone else flips Godfather, both you and SPS would be cleared.
Camn wrote:Also.. just a point of irony. You are attacking me both for lynching Kenman too quickly, and for not Lynching Kenman quickly enough.
Why are you assuming that I'm attacking you for lynching Kenman too quickly?
Steam-Powered Shovel
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Steam-Powered Shovel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Steam-Powered Shovel »

Defending Kenman is not a bad play for you as scum, camn, if you think you can get away with it since it explains your continued survival. I don't this is the right moment to explore that possibility though.

And the Hiderclaim was too much of a coincidence to be true, camn. That's what convinced me of his guilt.

Vote: TheButtonMen
The great advantage of the tiger in unarmed combat is that he eats not only the raspberry-laden foe but also the raspberries.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 am

Post by camn »

hm.

Well. I am town, So I wouldn't waste too much time thinking about it.

Really, though.. I would have bussed him if I knew he was scum. Probably on bouncy's result alone. DEF with Earl's thrown in.

And to answer your question, 506! The whydidntyouunvote@ L-1.

I do admit I wasn't thinking about a quicklynch hurting us. I actually had kind of lost track of where we were, time-wise.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Camn wrote:And to answer your question, 506! The whydidntyouunvote@ L-1.
That wasn't attacking you. That was saying I found it unlikely that four townies let Kenman get away with a quicklynch selfhammer. In other words, there's scum on the Ken wagon.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:46 am

Post by camn »

Ah.
Well then. lets get down to it.

Do we believe Earls claim?
Or bouncy for that matter?

I am inclined to, because I am trusting... but either could be an elaborate buss, no?
I do wish bobrz had checked in more quickly...

I bring this up for prudence's sake only. It would take a lot of convincing to get me off of Button/SPS.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by boberz »

Hi all, I exist and am reading will post again tonight.

unvote for now
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by camn »

claim now!!

dont read.
claim role and results if any!
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Due to Elli's info, if there's a godfather in the game, it's likely SPS or Camn.
I don't like this post.

First, how is it likely that a GF is SPS or camn? Seems to me just as likely that anybody else could be a godfather... could be you, actually.

Second, I don't like going after cop innocents. Scum might have a role cop or something instead.

Third, Camn has seemed extremely pro-town to me, and I've felt a lot better about SPS after mid-D2. So, I'll take a chance on assuming that the quoted post is manipulation.

Vote: SaintKerrigan
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

Edit: I'd consider lynching a cop innocent in Lylo if no roled scum dies, though. But I doubt it's Lylo right now.
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Bouncy.bouncy wrote:First, how is it likely that a GF is SPS or camn? Seems to me just as likely that anybody else could be a godfather... could be you, actually.
I was continuing Elli's line of speculation before he died. Either SPS or Camn flipping godfather will clear the other of suspicion (because two godfathers in the same game is very, very unlikely). If anyone else flips godfather, both SPS and Camn are cleared.
Bouncy.bouncy wrote:Second, I don't like going after cop innocents. Scum might have a role cop or something instead.
First, what does scum having a rolecop have to do with anything? Second, I find Camn's behavior suspect and I'm not going to let that go unnoticed.
Bouncy.bouncy wrote:Third, Camn has seemed extremely pro-town to me, and I've felt a lot better about SPS after mid-D2. So, I'll take a chance on assuming that the quoted post is manipulation.
Okay. So why's Camn town? Why's SPS feeling town? Why is my post manipulation?

Also, who were your targets the past couple of days?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Bouncy.bouncy wrote:Edit: I'd consider lynching a cop innocent in Lylo if no roled scum dies, though. But I doubt it's Lylo right now.
???

Elaborate.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

camn wrote: That said, Buttonmen: lets see your case.
You were lining up lynches earlier.. seemed pretty convinced that Kenman would flip scum. Maybe you already knew his alignment? Show me the money.
.....he was the obviest scum that ever obvscummed.
TheButtonmen wrote: Kenman seems to me to be obvscum; the disconnect between;
Kenman ISO 28 wrote: Earlder knows that I have already submitted my pm to hide behind him, which guarantees he will be found out at the start of the next day. HE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO FAKE CLAIM.
and
Kenman ISO 31 wrote:roleblocker modifies actions- therefore it will apply before my action of hiding. Since my role is blocked, in essence imi temporarily a vanilla townie unable to target anything. Which explains as to why Earlder has come up with why i havent targeted anyone.
He's scum flailing around for an excuse people will buy and changing his story when people don't believe it.
He straight up lied multiple times was pretty obvious about it.

So Camn you didn't bus him because your the GF and were hoping to be let off the hook via cop investigation right?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm not at all keen on a kerrigan wagon. I think camn is rightly getting looked at, but I can't see scum there. That would be an absolutely huge bit of defence. Although keeping kenman alive 2 nights with a bad claim would have been a huge win for the scum. The claimed roles I think are essentially confirmed town.

That leaves us with SPS and button. I think the lynch has to be in that group. If there was no innocent verdict, I'd go with SPS because at least button had a scum read on kenman that was pretty strong (although he never acted on it and voted). I don't know if the innocent/godfather issue is going to force me to switch to button though.

WHen I get more time I'm going to have a look at some of the wagons.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Wow, that's actually an excellent point.

If Camn was godfather, she could afford to be hugely protective of him because it's likely she'd draw the investigate which is a huge in for her.

Mmmm

Gotta rethink.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Also Button, where have you been this game, man? Last game i played with you you were far more active.
I'm old now.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by camn »

Really, clergy?
Button's case is "camns the GF har har diescumsie" ????

@ Button:
Here is the key question you need to answer to build a case:

Show me my hypo-scum motivation for not bussing him.
What would it have gained me?
I was committed to lynching him before Lylo, so all this fallout would have been inevitable.
How would I have even known there WAS a cop.. and if so, that I would draw an investigation?

Show me what possible motivation I would have had, especially given that I fully agreed to lynching him before Lylo.

In fact, your reasoning is so weak, and the scum motivation for lynching me is so large (ESPECIALLY if SPS is scum) that you are about to earn my vote.
At least Kerrigan makes a sensible case.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by camn »

Sorry for the double.. but I had a nice idea:

how does the action resolution work on kills?
( I ask cuz I dont get it..)

If we lynch scum this morning, is that scum unable to make the kill?

Cuz then we might have a good chance of finding scum with the PRs.

Bouncy: you should announce who your target for today is before the morning period ends (since you are prolly gonna die)
If it is late enough, the scum will have already sent in their kill, and will be unable to avoid your targeting.

In fact, I propose that bouncy be the one to hammer, whoever it is we end up hammering, if we do it in the morning phase.
That way he can announce his RB choice and hammer all in one post, thus ending the Morning phase and disallowing any further scumkill PMing.

Obv, if we need more time, he should just let us know before the morning ends. Just in case.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”