xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:Pretty sure he's town, but I have an eye on him (Pittbunny)
Based on what?
Jack wrote:My bad I misread :oops:

unvote:
What did you misread?
SocioPath wrote:A more interesting wagon showed up.
Agreed. Self voting? Do you have anything to say other than posts that do nothing?

Vote: Pittbunny

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by xvart »

The whole tar-lite thing conversation is absurd. UncertainKitten always votes the mod in every game (presumably as a way of avoiding a RVS vote for future speculation). There is nothing to indicate that voting the mod will do anything in this game so further conversation about it won't get us anywhere with respect to finding scum.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:xvart, are we going to see quote stripes from you all game? Because dear God I am going to go batshit insane midway through D1 if I have to switch between brown and white 20 times everytime I read one of your posts.
lol? I guess you didn't notice but I did tone down the
horrid
"quote stripes" in the game you are referring to; but I did not do it for you. I really don't care all that much about how batshit crazy you do or not go this game. If you are not going to go out of your way to read or not read posts with some arbitrary number of quotes in it you'll be the one who has to explain it when you say "that post had too many quotes in it so I didn't really read it." I happen to prefer them to linked posts because it easily and clearly shows the conversation in questions instead of me having to open a multitude of tabs. By the way, how many quotes constitutes a post of quote stripes?

Furthermore, it seems your complaint (other than using a color scheme that doesn't promote a satisfactory reading experience) is the lack of content in posts, right? So isn't the true problem lack of content and not the quotes themselves? I agree that massively quoted posts can easily make the post bigger (duh) but just because there are a lot of quotes does not mean that a post with lots of quotes
cannot
have relevant content. And, if you have blatantly said that if you miss something that is said in quoted too damn bad; would it be okay for me to say "too damn bad" if I accidentally misrep something because I had to read through eight linked posts and got them mixed up?

As for your questions about Pittbunny: I don't know what benefit scum have for self voting other than it might be used as a way to diffuse a building bandwagon ("I'm comfortable voting myself, that's how town I am.") However, since he has yet to prove otherwise, self voting is at the very least anti-town. Coupled with the utter lack of content and nonsensical posting I am quite comfortable keeping my vote where it is.
Pittbunny wrote:Edit: Or you could bandwagon me. That works too, though I'm not sure if you'll learn anything more about me than you already have. Hopefully a wagon will get other people to speak up, so I approve on the basis that new information is good, even if it's not coming from my keyboard.
You already have a bandwagon on you and you have done nothing to convince me that there is a better candidate for my vote so far.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by xvart »

re: UncertainKitten - I have to disagree with the whole quote striping argument. I know from experience that it is something that truly irks UK and I can see her responses as legitimate and not a concerted effort to distract the town.

Pittbunny
- assuming everyone has two abilities is quite an assumption... As for your rolefishing comment: why should you rolefish? You want to out powerroles so the scum have an easy target at night? It sounds like you would be in favor of a mass role claim right now? Is that accurate?

I also find your unvote and the comment about a double voter intriguing. What would a double voter do? Put the person at L-1. Unless there is two scum double voters a double voter is hardly a threat at L-2 so this just sounds like a convenient excuse to get off the wagon.

Cobalt
- I'm missing the connection. What were you right about?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by xvart »

Or Pitt is just trying to dig himself out of this scum hole he has put himself in by trying to make the plan more credible.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by xvart »

Had a seizure this morning and am having trouble remembering/reviewing my games because I can't keep get the last 36 hours straight. I'll post tomorrow at the latest once I get my head back on straight and can review the threads.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by xvart »

Fate wrote:
Vote: Cobalt

Vote: Jack
What's with the multiple votes in the same post? You too Sociopath?
UncertainKitten wrote:Any objections to lynching Pittbunny D1 and Twomz D2 and moving on, or does anyone want to discuss something else before we end those days with two scum down?
What is the case on Twomz?
UncertainKitten wrote:I think I see what Jack sees. Thing is, I don't think it's scummy at this time. But that does depend on a few factors.
Either I'm not seeing what Jack see's or I am seeing it but don't think it is scummy either. Care to give a brief synopsis, Jack?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by xvart »

NavyCherub wrote:I don't understand what you are calling them out for here...
Well, I wasn't really trying to put anyone's feet to the fire, but I have seen a couple different back to back votes within the same post and was wondering if there was something extra going on, like a double vote? Why else vote and then vote one line below it?

I'm pretty ambivalent about the genre claim. I don't really see it as that beneficial and it could give away a good idea on where to target power roles during the night.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by xvart »

NavyCherub wrote:The discussion about double votes is just
stupid
at this point. I'm not sure if its rolefishing, distracting fluff, or if people are actually breaking down jokes now.
It's hardly rolefishing when the behavior is so blatantly obvious, and two people have done it. I'm not asking for a role claim; I just want to know what the shenanigans are for. I simply want to know if is an attempt to not indicate appropriate votes since I haven't seen anything show up out of the ordinary on the vote count. I find it especially intriguing since two people have done it.
Twomz wrote:Wait, really? You alright?
I appreciate you asking. Yes, I will be alright. I dislocated both my shoulders and almost bit my tongue off, and it jarred my memory for the past three days or so catching up has been difficult...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by xvart »

Pittbunny wrote:In fact, I encourage you guys to read my iso and see the people that have continually targeted me for whatever reason they made up at the time. Perhaps you'll notice something you can use.
I always get a little intrigued when those about to be strung up tell others to look at the wagon. If you were really interested in saving your skin you might take the first step and say who you think the scum forcing your wagon are instead of just passive-aggressively saying we can notice for our own good... After all, you are the one that has been defending yourself. Maybe that is just the neutral role ambivalence...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by xvart »

SocioPath wrote:Well I've already caught all the scum, so how could it get any better?
pitt and llama? Based on what pitt is throwing out would you lobby for a different lynch tonight instead on your caught scum?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by xvart »

Pittbunny wrote:Yes.
I am my role before I'm even close to being an ally of the town;
I am simply providing the best method for me to get my reqs done and for you to not waste two days just to kill someone who MIGHT be a survivor, and MIGHT be a liability in the start-game. I have never claimed I was such and may very well be one who steps out after reqs are finished. So yes, work on another person's case if you're just going to keep up this wagon on me until I either crack or someone gets trigger happy. At least make better use of the D1 time you have left.
Based on this first sentence, is it possible for you to be an ally of the town
at some point
? Or was that just super facetious?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 am

Post by xvart »

Fate wrote:I think he means he is his role and win condition first.

Which is stupid. Mafia are their role and win condition first, that doesn't make them go about claiming it.

You are a liability. And my post earlier was me wanting everyone to action before the lynch, its deep south.
I guess my point is more along the lines of does lynching scum (as opposed to town) get him closer to his win condition? Or does lynching whomever help reach that win condition equally?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by xvart »

CJMiller wrote:Policy lynch jasonT1981 then?
And what is the
policy
?

FoS: CJMiller

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by xvart »

xvart wrote:And what is the
policy
?
Upgrading my FoS to a vote until I get an answer.

Unvote
Vote: CJMiller

Jack - did you get any info from your fake daykill?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by xvart »

Jack wrote:
unvote, vote:xvart
Hrm?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by xvart »

Jack wrote:I'll get back to you on that.
Because you have yet to build the case to support your vote?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #18) » Sat May 01, 2010 4:09 am

Post by xvart »

llamaeatataco wrote:As for Xvart's reaction, I can't quite decide. On the one hand it seems defensive, but on the other it's exactly what I would have said in his position.
The thing I can see Jack's vote being based on, in the context of when it was placed, was that maybe I was trying to test the waters on another wagon, and was leading up to my vote. And maybe that I commented on his fake daykill? Unless there's more that I'm missing, it seems like a pretty straight forward thing to type out...
UncertainKitten wrote:I'm calling it now, CJ is a mislynch.
You don't find it suspicious that someone wants to lynch someone for no suspicious reason?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #19) » Sun May 02, 2010 1:11 am

Post by xvart »

Jack, 416 wrote:Do you think CJ is my scumbuddy?
Whoops?
FoS: Jack

UncertainKitten, 417 wrote:I find it stupid. Think. What good does that do scum? Rather, given the attention it garners, does it do scum ANY good? It's just plain bad play. Find something literally scummy.
How does it do town ANY good advocating a "policy lynch" of someone asking to replace out this early in the day/game?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #20) » Mon May 03, 2010 3:41 am

Post by xvart »

I have no problem with someone saying someone sounds fake. Unless I too see it, it isn't going to do a whole lot to sway me; but that is just the nature of the beast. You can't accuse someone later of not being protown or not being on board with a lynch based on gut reads that they don't share.
UncertainKitten wrote:@xvart: Ok, so CJ is anti-town.

Once again, how is CJ scummy?
Can you tell me one way that lynching someone on D2 instead of replacing them benefits town more than scum. Since there are no vanilla townie roles I'm a little more concerned about haphazardly disposing of people.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #21) » Wed May 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Post by xvart »

Jack wrote:Since this is the standard usage, vote hopping is pro town, because changing your vote a lot means you are looking into a number of people and willing to annoy a number of people. Obviously the content itself can be questioned.
To a degree, yes. But there has to be some basic level of justification for the hopping. Just saying "unvote, vote obvscum so-and-so" is not pro town vote hopping.

Also, Jack:
xvart, 404 wrote:Jack - did you get any info from your fake daykill?
And, you never got back to me on your vote on me.
CJMiller wrote:I prefer lobster thermidor aux crevettes in a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté and a fried egg on top and spam.
Anything you want to add to your policy vote? How does it benefit town more than scum to off someone who replaced out on D2 in a game of all power roles?
SocioPath wrote:
Opt Out

For a good balance.
If everything was already balanced, which way would you vote?

Join in.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #22) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:36 am

Post by xvart »

llamaeatataco wrote:Oh, and finally: Tell me if you're about to hammer, because I have a pretty awesome one shot day ability that could really help the town.
llama - was the rule change related to your ability? It said your ability would not be activated until night... I thought when you said you would return in a couple of days that you would also be removed from the game (at least temporarily); but you are still here, in the vote count, and have posted... Are you still lynchable and will your ability still go through if you are lynched?
CJMiller wrote:
Twomz wrote:SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMMITY SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM and baked beans.
I prefer lobster thermidor aux crevettes in a Mornay sauce garnished with truffle paté and a fried egg on top and spam.
Posts like make me more certain of my vote. More CJMiller votes.

Jack - I still have heard what you got out of your fake daykill. How many times do I need to ask? Or is it super secret?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #23) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:17 am

Post by xvart »

Jack wrote:How many times are you going to imply that I'm scum for ignoring it? This comment here is what I call a "defense by discredit" attempt.
I am genuinely interested since your fake kill is on the person I'm voting. Since you have barely mentioned anything about CJ outside the fake daykill I want to know if you thought he was scum and was trying to make him spill something or if you were trying to get some reactions from scum (or scum partners). Or what?

And, this is the only time (of the three total) that I have even remotely implied that you are scum for ignoring the question, and that's just because you haven't even said anything that I recall about not wanting or choosing not to answer it.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #24) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:14 am

Post by xvart »

llama - do you know what would have happened we had all opted out? Something different or nothing at all?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #25) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by xvart »

CJMiller wrote:
xvart wrote:do you know what would have happened we had all opted out? Something different or nothing at all?

xvart.
IMHO, it would have been a nolynch.
Hmmm... why did you answer this question? And why, in my quote, did you edit out the part where the question was specifically asked of someone
else
? Why in your humble opinion, would it have have resulted in a No Lynch??

I'm on board for the Twonz lynch, but I still think CJ needs go... badly.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #26) » Mon May 10, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by xvart »

Do you know what your abilities are? Or just that you will get abilities?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #27) » Sun May 16, 2010 3:20 am

Post by xvart »

Awesome... Sorry about my recent absence (especially seeing as I've
almost
been lynched). I guess I should go ahead and claim...

I am Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell. Because of my connections with the NSA and my multiple acts of heroics the lynch threshold is raised by one vote. So in effect, I am now at L-1.

I never realized that so many of you were in XCOM with the alt accounts.

Anyways... back to yesterday's vote, especially considering how quickly he so easily (thought) he hammered on a quick lynch with no claim.

Vote: CJMilller

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #28) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:09 am

Post by xvart »

Jack wrote:Your claim says nothing about the thing you got voted for...
Okay then... I have no other information about the night kill, night kill flavor other than what has already been posted. Jack's roleblocker claim could be correct, as far as I know because I did not do anything last night.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten wrote:And, no, xvart, I am just conceited. Turns out I was right again this game though. Even in lylo I got shot, not lynched :P
lol. I actually considered that at first, based on our previous game together.

Well done CMAR. I knew what you were going for but didn't know about your motivated dayvig so I was like WTF are you doing claiming vig?!

I was so pissed that I got roleblocked. What happened was I got confused with all the flaking partners I had and didn't review the QT and put the kill in. I was surprised that nobody commented on the fact that the godfather was submitting the kills. I thought for sure my team was sunk was I was lynched.

And UK, thanks for the props on the fake claim. I was hoping to create some confusion if people started unvoting me and put some WIFOM on those that unvoted.

I like games like this and was pretty upset that I got lynched. That was the first time I've actually been lynched...

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (isolation #30) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 am

Post by xvart »

malthusis wrote:Actually UK, you can thank Llama for that. He motivated BOTH scum and gave CMAR a free day kill :D
When did I get motivated? Did it fail on me?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”