Mini 969 - Smalltown: Stardust Mafia (Game Over)

totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon May 10, 2010 10:05 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

ooba I thought I read before that there were more roles than people so everyone would get a choice but has that changed?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon May 10, 2010 10:18 am

Yeah same, hence my confusion.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon May 10, 2010 10:51 am

WOW THAT BERNARD ROLE LOOKS AWESOME AND IS TOTALLY THE BEST I CERTAINLY HOPE NOBODY PICKS THAT ONE BEFORE ME WOWEE WOULD THAT MAKE MY FACE RED AND RENDER ME MISERABLE TO THE POINT OF DEVELOPING AN EATING DISORDER OR SOME TYPE OF DISFIGURING ULCER YES SIREE INDEED.

Worth a try...
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Tue May 11, 2010 8:24 pm

Oh, so
we
you guys pick in the thread?...doesn't that make it heaps easier for scum seeing as they already know who each PR is?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 am

Here's my voice: Screw you all.

And here's my vote:
Vote: Zang
Because i should have done that a long time ago.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Thu May 13, 2010 10:34 pm

As Mr. Bean said, the only two that are worthwhile motivating are the tracker and the roleblocker. If the tracker is town then obviously that's a big advantage to motivate them and if they are scum then it doesn't really give them an advantage at all, and if they are the SK then they could help the town find scum as well. If the Roleblocker is town then we could possibly defend against both nightkills, if they are scum though they could use the two RBs to their advantage, and the same goes if they are SK, although scum could block the SK and vise versa.

I think out of the two it's probably best to motivate the tracker (provided Faraday isn't acting scummy) as I don't really see any detriment to the town if either scum or SK can track, and also because I agree with what Jack picked up on in Magna's post, that kind of over-explaining strikes me as something that scum/Sk are obliged to do. Magna, why did you have to point out that you were checking if Lord Sept could be tracked in the thread, why the need for the running commentary? It's kind of strange, even stranger that you actually knew what the SKs name was without having to check that.

Vote: MagnaofIllusion
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #6) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:44 am

Sorry guys I've got a couple of assignments I'm trying to finish so my activity isn't going to be the best in the next couple of days either.
ReaperCharlie wrote: Then there's this:
totallynotmafia wrote:As Mr. Bean said, the only two that are worthwhile motivating are the tracker and the roleblocker. If the tracker is town then obviously that's a big advantage to motivate them and if they are scum then it doesn't really give them an advantage at all, and if they are the SK then they could help the town find scum as well. If the Roleblocker is town then we could possibly defend against both nightkills, if they are scum though they could use the two RBs to their advantage, and the same goes if they are SK, although scum could block the SK and vise versa.

I think out of the two it's probably best to motivate the tracker (provided Faraday isn't acting scummy) as I don't really see any detriment to the town if either scum or SK can track, and also because I agree with what Jack picked up on in Magna's post, that kind of over-explaining strikes me as something that scum/Sk are obliged to do. Magna, why did you have to point out that you were checking if Lord Sept could be tracked in the thread, why the need for the running commentary? It's kind of strange, even stranger that you actually knew what the SKs name was without having to check that.

Vote: MagnaofIllusion
While I agree with this post, and the vote contained in it, something in this post
also
strikes me as 'off'. In this post, TNM sounds like he is looking for
extra
reasons -- that is, in
addition
to what Jack noticed -- to go after MoI. This seems to me like a Mafia member hoping that someone has found out the SK first day, and that his scumteam won't have to spend the whole game trying to find him, and now he's trying to give as many reasons as possible so that everyone will want to lynch him.
Uh....what the? Are you serious? This has got to be the worst reason I have ever seen for suspecting someone! I just can't understand why you think adding other things you find strange about someones actions is scummy....and even if you do think that, all I added was that I found it strange that he already knew the SK was Lord Septimus yet he had to go back and check (or so he claims) if the SK could be tracked, and you call that "trying to give as many reasons as possible so that everyone will want to lynch him"???

This clutching at straws seems like you're trying your hardest to paint people scummy, especially after you were called out on not contributing any useful content.
ReaperCharlie wrote: My opinion is that the Magna/Jack thing may very well be town vs town, and Zang was stating that, so that the Magna vote didn't progress to a quicklynch. That does not appear scummy to me at all that he said that. I will read his posts more later today to see if there is a legitimate underlying scummy tone in his posts.

In conclusion:

FoS: MagnaofIllusion

FoS: totallynotmafia

FoS: Zang

I will probably lay a vote down very soon if discussion progresses considerably in the next day or two. I had originally voted MoI but I changed it to also being an FoS due to Zang's point about this possibly being town v town (which is a completely legitimate caution) and I don't want to be voting and unvoting and stuff until I am more convinced of who is scum and who is not.

There is really not a strong case on anyone at this point. Those who haven't chipped in yet, do so now, or I will begin to turn my attention to you as well.
I don't get this, first you are defending Zang and then you FOS him? What was your reason for being suspicious of Zang? If that's an attempt at distancing it's a really weak one. It seems to me that you don't want to put a vote down until you know how everyone else is voting.

The biggest thing that makes me think you are scum though is your comments on the activity levels. From my experience scum often use the opportunity of low activity levels to try and score town points by pointing out that it is bad for town (i've done it a couple of times and I've seen others do it too (hello, peanutman!)) Outside of a newbie game I don't see the point of town pointing this out, everybody knows low activity levels hurt the town and that people have real life commitments. It's even worse in your case because as other people have pointed out you hadn't actually contributed anything worthwhile before that.

Unvote, Vote: ReaperCharlie

I agree with what people are saying about Zang's town vs town comment too, and I wouldnt be surprised if he was defending a fellow scum member in saying that as he did it in Almost No Rules Mafia, blatantly calling a fellow scumbuddy town after they did one of the scummiest things ever. I'd be happy with either lynch at the moment and I still think Magna may be SK.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #7) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 pm

ReaperCharlie wrote:
@ TNM:
Nice OMGUS, noob. Just pointing something out. Way to vote someone who FoS'd you just because you disagree with him. *facepalm* You said that it was
"even stranger that
you
[MoI] actually knew what the SKs name was without having to check
that
[the OPs]"
, which is a ridiculous line of reasoning, especially against anyone who is familiar with the movie at ALL. It's also complete fluff, and you were trying to pad your post so that nobody would suspect you. Basically, it seems like you were trying to start up a quick wagon on him, for terrible reasons, and seemed like poor wagon hopping.

Scum always care more about what people think of their actions than town do (first point under ScumHunting in RC's Mafia Strategy Tips, bro! See also point 7 under Scumhunting, this is a huge one that you are doing right now.) You were trying too hard to make it seem like you had ample reason to join a wagon on MagnaofIllusion, and you're trying even harder now to make it seem like you have a reason to vote me! Fallacy, I say!

And your blatant OMGUS on me is even more suspicious. Looks like we've caught a live one here! Let's get a'wagoning, folks!

Unvote; Vote: totallynotmafia
I voted you for three reasons that I found you scummy which I clearly stated (your weak reason for fosing me, you fosing Zang without a reason, you complaining about activity levels while not actually contributing yourself), so how is that voting for you just because I disagree with you? You're trying to brush off my reasoning by saying it's just an OMGUS...please explain why just because you fosed me before I voted you how that makes me scummy? I'm interested to know, especially because you pretty much did the same thing on me afterwards. Your whole post is hypocritical, you accuse me of trying to start a bandwagon on someone yet you are quite clearly appealing to others to bandwagon me.

Also, the constant threatening to vote people just makes you look even more scummy.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #8) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:36 pm

ReaperCharlie wrote:
totallynotmafia wrote:I voted you for three reasons that I found you scummy which I clearly stated (
your weak reason for fosing me
you fosing Zang without a reason
you complaining about activity levels while not actually contributing yourself
), so how is that voting for you just because I disagree with you?
The
italicized
and
bolded
are answered above. The
struck out
text is no longer a reason. Plus, I was V/LA. Sue me, I'm in the military, it's required that I be gone sometimes. Haha
The V/LA bit would be fine normally, it's the fact that you came back and complained about activity levels without actually having contributed yourself. To me it seems like a way of trying to look town and I've seen it been done by scum before.

As I said your reason for voting me was terrible, here's the original reason:
RC wrote:While I agree with this post, and the vote contained in it, something in this post also strikes me as 'off'. In this post, TNM sounds like he is looking for extra reasons -- that is, in addition to what Jack noticed -- to go after MoI. This seems to me like a Mafia member hoping that someone has found out the SK first day, and that his scumteam won't have to spend the whole game trying to find him, and now he's trying to give as many reasons as possible so that everyone will want to lynch him
I still don't understand why looking for extra reasons why someone is scummy is scummy. Isn't that the whole point of this game, to try and pick up on scummy behaviour? To me it looked like you were trying too hard to paint people as scum.

Then you fosed Zang right after you you defended him.

Now to me, when you fos three people like that after poor reasoning, you're trying to look like you're actually scum-hunting and perhaps even (very weakly) distancing yourself from a fellow scum-buddy.
RC wrote:
totallynotmafia wrote:You're trying to brush off my reasoning by saying it's just an OMGUS...please explain why just because you fosed me before I voted you how that makes me scummy? I'm interested to know, especially because you pretty much did the same thing on me afterwards. Your whole post is hypocritical, you accuse me of trying to start a bandwagon on someone yet you are quite clearly appealing to others to bandwagon me.
Ok, watch: You were quite happy with following the crowd on MagnaofIllusion, and then as soon as soon as I put an FoS on you, you found THREE 'reasons' to switch your vote to me. Crappy reasons, but w/e. So it WAS an OMGUS vote, among other things (yes, I acknowledge that your point of me mostly fluffing up until then was pretty true. It was RVS and I was V/LA). In order to get you talking instead of just inserting sideways jabs at others without any commitment to an argument yourself, I whacked you on the head with a foam mallet to wake you up.

Also, I still think what you did is scummy (what I indicated in my post where I originally FoS'd you).
You crying OMGUS just solidified your scumminess to me, as it's just another poor reason to try and paint me as scummy.
RC wrote:
totallynotmafia wrote:Also, the constant threatening to vote people just makes you look even more scummy.
Really? Why?
Because why would town feel the need to threaten others with their vote if they act a certain way? If people do something you think is scummy you vote for them, you don't let scum know what those things are otherwise they'll know not to do them. By threatening people I think you're trying to scare people off of suspecting/voting for you.

RC wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
TNM wrote:This clutching at straws seems like you're trying your hardest to paint people scummy,
You don’t see determining that I am Lord Sept. simply based on a line you find “strange” as grasping at straws?
You still haven't answered this.
Magna, the main reason for suspecting you is because you pointed out in your post that you were going back to look whether the SK could be tracked, which as Jack said looked as if you were trying to make it look as if you weren' familiar with the SK role. I added that I thought it was strange that you knew the name of the SK, as I for one didn't even remember the SK had a name as I hadn't read the rules since before the drafting began. I assumed you hadn't just reread the rules either as you had to go back and check if the SK could be tracked.
RC wrote:

charter wrote:RC, what exactly are these "extra reasons" you're seeing that TNM gave for voting Magna? I don't see anything.
Read 143 again, where I quote 106. This part in particular:
totallynotmafia wrote:even stranger that you actually knew what the SKs name was without having to check that.
This isn't strange at all. I bought the movie just to re-acquaint myself with the characters, why is it strange to think he might have done the same (or had seen it more recently than I had?) And besides, even before re-watching the movie, the only ones I recalled were Captain Shakespeare (because of the 'captain' in his name) and Lord Septimus (because of the 'Septimus' in his name, meaning he was the seventh brother out of Primus, Secondus, Tertius, Quadrius, Quintus, Sextus, and Septimus). It's not a stretch at all to believe that he remembered that even without watching the movie again (because I did), and it's even easier to believe it if he DID watch the movie again, (like I did). Maybe this only strikes
me
as odd, but I hardly think all this discussion is necessary for an FoS which I've already explained was only part of a blanket suspicion statement.

Anyway, that is the 'extra' reason I found that TNM was trying to give to vote Magna, and THAT'S why I thought (and still think) he's probably scum.
So why didn't you say that when you originally FOSed me? And that's fair enough that Magna may have just watched the movie and that's why he knew Lord Septimus was the SK (I haven't seen the movie for ages so I don't know how obvious it is that Lord Septimus is the SK), but that's something he can defend himself, it's not like he's going to be lynched without getting the chance to defend himself.

RC wrote:Did anyone else notice in his reply to what I said that totallynotmafia
COMPLETELY IGNORED
my request to provide decent reasoning for his vote on Zang? He totally skipped that -- and went straight to more OMGUS against me.

Which is
exactly
why my vote is staying on him.
Are you talking about Zang or Magna? Appealling to others by saying stuff like "Did anyone else notice...?" just makes me think you're trying your hardest to get others to jump on my wagon (as if that wasn't already obvious).

At this point I would be extremely surprised if you're not scum. If somehow you are town, your scum-hunting in this game has been atrocious. First you don't attempt any at all until you are pulled up on it, then you FOS people for poor reasons or no reason at all, and then you kick up a stink when someone votes you for doing this. Your attacks on me so far have been akin to a third grader in the playground: "You're scum because you voted me after I FOSed you first! OMG you didn't answer one of my questions!" Not to mention your list of who's been naughty and who's been nice.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #9) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:02 pm

@RC: So now tunnelling is the new word from the wiki you're using to try and make it look like I don't have legitimate reasons for voting you? I admit I've tunnelled town in the past and I try to be more wary of it now, but every post you make keeps making me think you're scum. If you're town then it's a problem with the way you make your arguments, because you keep saying I'm getting antsy and raging against you but I can't see one instance where I've acted that way, and clearly I'm not the only one who thinks this. It's you who has over-reacted, it's you who has gone on the warpath urging others to vote for me and appealing to them to see things your way (if you don't agree with me on this I can quote every instance you have done this).

Unlike you, Starbuck has not berated the town for being inactive, and so while I definately have a problem with her activity levels I don't necessarily find it scummy as in your case. You were posting without contributing (which is scummier than not posting at all imho), and then as I said, berating the town for inactivity. I'm sure by now you realise how scummy I find this. Just because you're the only one I'm responding to at the moment does not mean I'm not watching what others are doing, all my time is taken up responding to your massive posts.

The thing I don't like about you list is that you've used words like "Good" and "Don't trust" instead of "town" and "scum". Also, the fact that some of the people down the list are no doubt there because they suspected you.

I'm relatively new so I don't have a lot of games to look at yet but here's the ones where I was town:
(Almost) No Rules Mafia:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13693
Newbie 869:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12714

Then there's another which is still going and even though I'm dead in it I'm still not totally sure of the rules on talking about ongoing games.

In Little Golden Mafia I was an SK but I was basically playing as if I was a town member during the day:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13214

The only game where I've been scum is Newbie 900 but I had to replace out quite early in the game:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13232

As you can see I still haven't won a game yet :cry: And this is the second game in a row I've been the only one without a PR :cry: :cry: :cry:
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #10) » Fri May 21, 2010 2:15 pm

RC, just out of interest, could you please quote the parts from my posts which you think are "self-righteous town-rage"?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #11) » Sat May 22, 2010 3:07 pm

RC you're going to have to explain to me exactly what the rage and self-righteousness is in those quotes. It looks to me as if the whole "town rage" thing was just an excuse to change your mind after nobody else was jumping on my wagon as I really struggle to find any instances of rage in any of my posts or self-righteousness (though I suppose that's more subjective).
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #12) » Wed May 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Hmm well we'll see tomorrow. I think Jack's suggestion for the bodyguard is actually a good one as the one shot sensor is probably our best bet for finding scum.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #13) » Mon May 31, 2010 1:22 pm

Two questions:

1) GroupThink, did you use your one shot ability last night?

2) Jack, why didn't you kill RC like you said you were going to do? We are now deprived of a lot of information without that flip.

On the plus side, RC if you are town, this is your chance to prove it.

Also everyone else needs to reveal what they did with their night actions last night.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #14) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:06 pm

@Jack: what do you think happened to your "vig" attempt?

@Zang: why did you choose to network with Jack?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #15) » Mon May 31, 2010 3:19 pm

Argh, kdub I was thinking the exact same thing, but I wanted to hear what Jack would say first before putting it out there becasue Magna was showing some suspicion of Jack towards the end of the day so it's plausible that he may have blocked Jack. It really doesn't make sense for Magna to have blocked Jack though considering Jack was targetting somebody Magna believed to be scummy. At any rate I want to hear from Jack first.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #16) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:55 pm

If GT didn't use the sensor last night then he should certainly use it tonight as it may be the last time he is able to be protected. If GT hasn't used it then the bodyguard (CML) needs to protect him again tonight, and it would be in the SK's best interest not to kill either GT or CML as they need to find the mafia as well, so hopefully GT would have another opportunity to use the sensor tonight if he hasn't used it already. Anyway, let's hear what GT has to say.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 am

Can nobody else please place a vote until we've at least heard from GroupThink?

That's an interesting possible slip from Starbuck, it's really only the one action so I don't know why she would pluralize it. I really don't see why Starbuck would redirect Magna's roleblock though, if she were scum then it would be a good move to save RC if he is scum too and then if they killed Magna there would be no evidence of the redirect, but the problem with that theory is that the SK killed Magna, so I really doubt SB would take the risk of being found out. Anyway, it's a lot of speculation at the moment and I think we'll learn a lot more when Jack flips.

Zang, can you answer my question, why did you choose to network with Jack?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm

ReaperCharlie wrote:
totallynotmafia wrote:
Can nobody else please place a vote until we've at least heard from GroupThink?
You seem pretty interested in protecting Jack here. Why?

And now that Groupthink has weighed in, what do you think of the Jack lynch?
totallynotmafia wrote:Anyway, it's a lot of speculation at the moment and I think we'll learn a lot more when Jack flips.
And yet here you seem to think that it's an inevitability that Jack will flip.

Not that I disagree with lynching Jack, but you appear to be flip-flopping on whether you want him lynched now or later.

If you aren't striving to lynch scum, you aren't playing pro-town.
Where in my post did I say don't lynch Jack or that I think he shouldn't be lynched? I said nobody else vote until we've at least heard from GT, and do I really need to explain to you why it's a downright dumb move for town to lynch somebody and end the day without first hearing from everybody about their night actions, especially GT's which may prove invaluable towards finding scum?

You're blatantly misrepping me here, which is probably a move by you to paint somebody else as Jack's scumbuddy, seeing as if he is scum then there's a pretty big possibility he was protecting you by not targetting you and claiming to be roleblocked.

Why are you in such a rush to end the day?

We still haven't heard from CML, as well as others haven't given their opinions on who they think is scum yet.

I already stated that I was thinking the exact same thing as kdub in his post:
Kdub wrote:I motivated Faraday.

Since both the mafia and SK kills went through, that means either Jack was roleblocked by Magna, or Jack is lying. No other role could have interfered with Jack's action in a way that would have stopped it altogether. Magna was voting RC yesterday and sided with Jack, so I see no reason why he would have blocked Jack.

Vote: Jack
But the only problem is Magna was actually showing suspicions of Jack towards the end of the day, so it's plausible he may have RBed Jack in order to prevent him performing a kill. However, as I also said the fact that Magna was mainly suspicious of RC would make it unlikely that Magna would RB Jack when he was going to vig RC. Perhaps I should have said for this reason I'm leaning towards Jack being scummy for people who can't read between the lines.

I'm pretty positive Jack isn't the SK, because as SK he would have no motivation to go back on his word and not vig RC, and the SK can't have been role blocked because the kill went through.

I must say though, and at the risk of defending possible scum (which I'm sure RC will pounce on), I'm struggling to see the motive for scum Jack to go back on his word and not vig RC...I mean it's pretty obvious that people are going to suspect him if he doesn't do it, and what benefit is it for him/his team? If RC is scum then sure he's protected him but it's pretty bloody blatant and he'd be better off with the bus and keeping his word. If RC is town then he's preventing the information from RC's flip, but is this really worth going back on his word and looking scummy when he could keep his word and have one more dead townie? Sure, Jack's plan could have been to blame it on Magna roleblocking but scum didn't target Magna, so he would have risked Magna denying it the next day. Jack also could blame it on Starbuck, but again SB would just deny it the next day.

I really want to give this more thought...I mean I don't particularly like Jack's posting today anyway, he says SB could have redirected his kill to magna, but that case is impossible as it would have become a protect instead of a kill. I don't know, perhaps Magna DID roleblock Jack but Jack is still scum and it has totally screwed him over. Or perhaps Jack just didn't fully think about his plan to blame not vigging RC on somebody else. Anyway, the day is still early and there's no need to lynch anyone yet.

@GroupThink: I think you should absolutely use the sensor tonight as there is no guarantee CML will still be around after that to protect you.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:29 pm

RC why are you in such a hurry to have Jack lynched? It's only been four days since the day started, and there are still important things to discuss, such as this:
CallMeLiam wrote:Also, if we are gonna rely on GT's result tomorrow, it might be an idea to politely ask certain players to stay on\off the wagon so there's a chance they can be cleared or implicated. Just a thought.
I've been thinking about this but I'm not sure yet as to what the best way to go about it would be. There will be six people on the lynch and four people off, one of whom is the lynchee so that is effectively three off, so there will be a group of six and a group of three. Obviously, the people in the group of three will be more easily cleared/implicated from the sensor result, so then what is the best option - do we list who we think are the three scummiest (other than the lynchee) and have them not be part of the lynch, or do we just have the lurkers who it's harder to get a read on stay off the lynch? Or should we put somebody we think is most likely town in there as well in order to try and narrow things down? Or do we not bother about it and just chance a lucky result so that scum can't influence it?

What does everybody think?

Starbuck wrote:I also didn't use any of my actions as I wasn't around to submit.
Who would you have targeted with your ability if you were around to submit?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Guys we still have a week left until deadline and we have somebody on L-2 so what's with everyone getting so anxious?

Anyway, I have a plan for the night actions but I want to hear Starbuck's answer to my question first (sorry to hear about your situation Starbuck).
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:30 pm

I hope I'm not included in people you think are not putting in effort.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 am

Hmm...fitz makes a good point about Starbuck, at least with her dead there will be no more possibilities for night shenanigans, and this night speculation is really starting to do my head in.

CML, would you be willing to vote Starbuck? Would anyone else consider switching their vote?

I had a plan where Starbuck might actually have been beneficial to us, but after rereading I'm not sure if it's possible, gonna PM ooba about it.

@RC, I assume you think Jack is lying about being roleblocked? If so why do you think he chose to not to kill you?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:23 am

Ok so my plan was to have Starbuck motivated and then have her target RC and Zang (or somebody else whos PR we aren't relying on) and redirect each one back onto themselves in order to possibly save us from an SK kill, but that's impossible so I'm pretty happy with either lynch now.

It would be really helpful to hear from SB.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:25 am

So you think Jack said he would use his power to vig you, then went back on it just to frame Magna/Starbuck? I just don't buy that, by framing someone he will get at the most a mislynch on a townie then he will be lynched afterwards and that's only if we choose to believe him first, but by killing you he will still have the dead townie (assuming you are one) while not looking as bad as if he didn't.

There is the third possibility you are missing though:

3. Jack (as scum) used his ability on you but was roleblocked.

I have no idea what happened last night but what I do know is that somebody chose their night actions poorly, whether it was Magna roleblocking despite the fact the vig from Jack would have been helpful, whether it was Jack as scum not killing RC despite the stupidity in doing this, or Starbuck as scum redirecting despite the possibility of being found out. Every scenario I go through has a flaw somewhere in it which is what is messing with my head so much. Hopefully tomorrow we'll end up with better information.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Vote: Jack

Just in case he wants to self-hammer. I think Starbuck is likely scum I'll explain why if I have time before night.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Oh wow we are so losing this game with people acting that quickly.

We now know either Zang or Groupthink is scum (or possibly both but less likely).

Groupthink if you are town then you could have thought about your results for a second and realised that means you know 100% that Zang is scum. If Zang is town then he now knows for sure that GT is scum.

I was thinking Starbuck was scum but the way everybody has voted so quickly is beginning to worry me (particularly because there's at least one scum on there), I mean if Magna did actually block Jack then we're totally screwed right now. Can we slow it down a bit and actually think about things for a second?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #27) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:19 pm

CML yesterday you said it was unlikely that Starbuck lied but now you want to hammer her after only 12 hours?

FOS: CML

Anyone hammering now will be considered extremely scummy, there's no need to rush this.

Zang, what do you think of Groupthink's results?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #28) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 pm

I cannot fathom how you think hammering and ending the day this early with no discussion at all is a good idea, especially given we now finally have GT's results. You don't have anything to say about it?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:29 am

@RC, if you are town then what is Starbuck's motive for redirecting the roleblock on Jack? If she left things alone there would be a townie dead with Jack responsible anyway, so why exactly would she do it? It seems to me much more likely that she would do it if you are scum and she was trying to protect you.

@Starbuck, did you use your ability last night?
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:38 pm

RC, it's pretty obvious scum are going to win this game, but you could at least try and hide your eagerness for that to hurry up and happen.

Charter I'm pretty sure we're in MYLO, so I don't think it would be such a terrible idea to hold off on the hammer for a while.

Also Starbuck if you are the SK then you should claim because I think we'll lose even if we lynch the SK, as then there'll be 3 town and 3 mafia tomorrow, so if you are the SK we won't lynch you.

Whoever the SK is, if they are playing to win, I highly suggest they kill either GT or Zang tonight.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Sorry guys our internet at home is broken so i may not be able to post for the next couple of days (although it looks like we may have already lost).
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Ah I expected scum to counterclaim Starbuck if she was the SK so i wish town had have given that more consideration. Still, it's easier to pick between town and scum than it is SK and mafia.

I pretty much assumed we had lost this game after I realised there was a good chance that Magna blocked Jack and people weren't willing to consider it. Oh well, at least I was right about RC, which is the first time I've ever been right about scum just going off of what they say alone, and as Jack said we lynched scum two out of three times so i think we did pretty well considering. I just wish I had pushed harder to get a Starbuck lynch instead of a Jack one on day 2, I guess I was worried that if jack was actually scum then that would put a lot of suspicion on me, so i guess if I've learnt anything from this game it's not to worry so much about the possibility of playing devil's advocate.

Thanks Ooba for running the game and congrats scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”