Mini 968 - Bastard Mass Effect (Game Over)

Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Limerickx »

Vote MMM

Because he is the only person in the game I've played with before, after a long hiatus.

Actually, I've played with xRECKx as well, but MMM is more vote worthy, due to alliteration.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Mon May 10, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Limerickx »

1. Policy Lynching... need I say more?
A: Generally, I find there is (or at least SHOULD) always be a better option.

2. Is set-up speculation scummy, even in a bastard game?
A: I don't think its scummy, but usually useless, an I have to imagine its even more useless in a bastard game.

3. Lynch-all-Liars?
A: Generally, there would have to be an AMAZING reason not to. Yes, there are cases where it might depend on circumstances, but thats always the case. From a 'Hey someone lied, thats all you know' question, the answer is 'lynch.'

4. How well acquainted are you with the ME games/books?
A: I played about 1 hour into the first one, so....almost nothing.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Tue May 11, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Limerickx »

Truthfully, I think the fact that Kerristar agreed with Cathart in such a passive manner is more suspicious, to me anyway. End result is Kerristar supporting the massclaim without drawing a lot of the attention associated with actually initiating the idea.

I disagree with the massclaim 100%, but at least Cathart is giving his full backing of it, while Kerristar seems to be silently latching on. Even the second sentence
Kerristar wrote:Is it both role and name claim or just one or the other?
Implies "Yes, keep going for a massclaim, it will result in a) a massclaim, or b) people lynching you for starting the idea of having a massclaim,"
while almost insinuating that a massclaim IS going to be the outcome.

Unvote: MMM
Vote: Kerristar
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Tue May 11, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Limerickx »

@ Parama: What has doombunny said that makes you think he was something to hide?
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Limerickx »

Agreed with MMMs line of thinking, but I still think that being sneaky in favor of a massclaim, ala Kerristar, is more scummy, though Para's reasoning (lack thereof) has made me more suspicious.

Especially because I don't see how a brief sentence by Doombunny implies 'getting hung up on it.'
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Limerickx »

As much as I agree that Parama's statements are crazytown, I just want to point out that I, as town, often defend other people when the LOGIC behind accusations against them are bad. Actually, I suppose then that its not defending the other player, just pointing out how that particular argument against them is wonky.

That being said
Unvote: Kerristar
Vote: Parama

Para says he doesn't support a massclaim, then votes DB based on.....I still don't know what, him 'having something to hide,' though I dont think it was ever explained what that was. I believe Para said he had an ulterior motive for not wanting a massclaim other than the town reason, but Para himself said a massclaim would be bad for town.

He then says he likes my reasoning for Kerristar, but didn't like the company the wagon attracted. At that point in time, he had never mentioned anyone voting Kerristar as being suspicious, until that very post, where they are apparently suspicious for....being on the wagon?

Goes on to claim doombunny was overreacting to the massclaim idea, which I just dont see, and then claims he likes his theory more than mine, his theory being that a)Doombunny has something to hide, and b)Doombunny wouldn't get off the massclaim idea. So...he likes my idea which is based on Kerristar being sneaky in favour of a massclaim, but is suspicious of doombunny for talking too much about the massclaim?

He then misrepresents what MMM says about him, and then adds a NEW reason to be suspicious of doombunny, which is MMM defending him, and doombunny coming in late with snide comments, those comments really just being a rehash of what MMM and myself said, regarding how DB hardly got 'hung up' on the massclaim idea.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #6) » Tue May 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Note, pressure still on Kerristar as well, just feeling like Parama is digging himself a hole.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Wed May 12, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Limerickx »

Ditto. I see nothing where you explained anything, and CERTAINLY not 'well.'
Also, why are you turning down a chance to defend yourself? Allowing you a chance to defend yourself is ensuring a decision is made based on as much information as we can gather, and you are openly choosing to not provide information which might get you not-lynched? If you are pro-town, how can this be a good thing?

Also, please note that I had laid down a

Vote Parama

in my last post.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:31 am

Post by Limerickx »

MMM:

I didn't think by 'misguided' he was implying that I was scummy, just incorrect in my line of thinking.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #9) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Limerickx »

Kerristar wrote:
Kerristar wrote:Is it both role and name claim or just one or the other?
Limerickx wrote:Implies "Yes, keep going for a massclaim, it will result in a) a massclaim, or b) people lynching you for starting the idea of having a massclaim,"
while almost insinuating that a massclaim IS going to be the outcome.
I don't see how the first implies the second. Its the conditions of our support. I would argue that this is stretching to a degree. The quote simply asks if its name or role claim or both, and depending on which happens we'll give our support. I really don't see how it implies that we are trying to get people to lynch him solely, as this would be hypocritical when we clearly were preparing to support it as well.
Because due to the fact that he started trying to gain momentum on the proposal, he would be the focus of any resulting 'heat,' while passively agreeing, in the manner that your post read, would not. Also saying 'is it both role and name claim or just one or the other?' implies that some decision TO massclaim was made. No, not upfront, but in a backhanded manner. That is how I read it.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Limerickx »

Parama wrote: Because I can totally explain a gut feeling in a way that everyone agrees with.
Oh wait.
I gave my reason - it was a feeling that he had something to hide. I gave the line that made me feel that way. Nobody else seems to get the same feeling, but I can't deny that I have it. So, I've explained it as best as I can. Whether you choose to agree with me or not is up to you.

Now can we please lynch Doombunny?
You want us to lynch doombunny.....based on a gut feeling you have......that you can't explain?
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:14 am

Post by Limerickx »

MMM wrote:@ Limerickx: How should Kerristar have phrased the question about the massclaim?
The important aspect is the two sentences in conjunction.The first sentence, which I read as 'yeah, sure ok, massclaiming doesn't sound bad' turned into the second sentence, which I took as 'ok, now that its decided, lets get into the details of how its going down'.

If Kerristar REALLY wanted to have more info regarding the massclaim before agreeing/not agreeing, then why not say so? Why not something like 'I might be for it, depending on what sort of claim. Is it a........'and so on
Kerristar wrote:We supported nameclaim in particular. Role stuffs.
Why?
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #12) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Limerickx »

Kerristar wrote:That was the intention of the post.
The fact that I didn't read it that way was what I found suspicious.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #13) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Limerickx »

I'd be willing to name claim for the reasons mentioned above.

Still don't like Parama pretending he has a 'case' against DB. I have no idea why you're stubbornly sticking to an admitted 'gut feeling' to the extent you are.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #14) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:02 am

Post by Limerickx »

At this point, I'd prefer if you said 'I have a reason that I can't talk about.'

Liking your gut feeling is one thing, and something I can at least sympathize with. When you EXPECT other people to go along with you based on your gut feeling, however, is when it start to get nutso.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #15) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Limerickx »

VPB, A question. I'm fine with the fact that you have a reason for wanting a nameclaim, but is there really a difference dependent on if we do it today or tomorrow? You mentioned that you'd reveal the reason tomorrow, but is there a difference if we were to claim our names today or tomorrow?
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #16) » Sun May 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Hey guys, just came in from party night, and saw this mess now, WAY too much to sort in my head at the moment.

From a VERY fast skim, I feel like Ani is scrambling to cover holes in what might be a falseclaim. I would prob vote for Ani, but I dont know what the count is on him, and since, like I said, I only had the chance to skim before popping off to sleep, I want to be more clear on all the crazy that just went down.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #17) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:12 am

Post by Limerickx »

I'll put Ani at L-1

Vote Ani

Really nothing dramatic to add. Any makes a claim, and seems to want to hide behind flavor instead of looking at players actions. I might guess that the claim early on falls in line with that as well, trying to play off his character as a good guy, in the hopes that people wont mention his actual play.

Day one, doing a quick read, I get the sense of a 'post JUST enough to not be labeled as a lurker' mode, then boom goes the hammer.

So yeah, not adding anything crazy here, but seems like a good call.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #18) » Sun May 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Limerickx »

Generally speaking, I'm not buying xReckx stories.

He earlier claimed that there was not more than one vig, and that he KNEW this. Then after he picked up the gun from someone else, he shot it, missed, becoming an off day vig. Turns out he was lying, but only admitted to that AFTER he was called out on it?

Do we have an official count on vigs somewhere? If it IS more than one, then xReckx would have been lying about that as well, no?

Can someone give me a rundown on that particular aspect?

VOTE: xRECKx
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #19) » Sun May 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Limerickx »

VP Baltar wrote:When did reck claim that he KNEW there was only one vig?
This post here
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #20) » Sun May 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Limerickx »

To answer Fate's question (2nd part at least) I have no idea how a scum would/wouldn't know how many vigs there were, all I DO know is that he claimed he did.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #21) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Limerickx »

This doesn't jive.
You said this:
xRECKONERx wrote:There are NOT two vigs in this game. I haz evidence. No claim here. #fb
Then you just said
xRECKONERx wrote: The whole "one vig" thing was mostly because I was essentially a backup who had already picked up a gun, and I found it a little odd that there'd be more than one.
Finding something 'a little odd' is not the same as when you 'haz evidence,' especially in a bastard game I would think. This is even MORE strange when you consider the fact that if your PM refered to 'a gun,' that there might be more than one available. Maybe this isn't the case, but I have no idea how you could take that to mean there definetly wasn't more than one vig. It just doesn't match your claim that you had evidence that there was NOT two vigs in the game.

Adding this to the fact that your first lie had to be pointed out by someone other than yourself, and it looks even worse!

Also, after saying 'no claim here,' you claimed 13 minutes later. Not saying that adds to anything, just finding it funny.
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #22) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Limerickx »

I really just don't see anything crazy about Doombunny which makes him a better target than xRECKx.

I don't know why people are so cool with straight-up lying twice.

Seriously, am I missing something? What has he done which is so townlike which makes it cool to overlook this?
Limerickx
Limerickx
Goon
Limerickx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #23) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Limerickx »

I really just don't see anything crazy about Doombunny which makes him a better target than xRECKx.

I don't know why people are so cool with straight-up lying twice.

Seriously, am I missing something? What has he done which is so townlike which makes it cool to overlook this?

Side note: I have reason to believe that DB's (scum or not) non-death is unrelated to any scumblocking skills. Just saying.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”