Mini 941: (Almost) No Rules Mafia (Game Over)

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Zang »

totallynotmafia wrote:Oh and don't forget that includes Clank's posts as well. I just found this gem:
Clank wrote:
Ythill wrote:Two points:

1. By "creative instincts" I think the mod meant that things like making a sham that appears to be a dead player and then using it post elsewhere would not be prohbited. Etcetera.

Lynch Zang!
vote Zang

Ythill's been right about this game so far.
Here Ani is blatantly misusing the "Let's Play a Game!" thread, using it as an excuse to vote Zang so he doesn't have to give his own opinion.
this makes sence but why then? Ythill and Shadt.ed have been saying "Lynch Zang" the whole time the "Lets play a game" thread has been up
Tnm wrote:No, if I had a gun like you claim then that would make me scum because there is no way a VT would have a gun. It has nothing to do with Grimmy, who we already established was town by the way because he wasn't around to submit the NK.
I agree with this to but how does this make him scum?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:10 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

unvote, vote no lynch

because I feel no Lynch will be the best idea for right now. Either way, we get information.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Zang »

Ya, ok.

Vote: No lynch
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:28 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 5 Vote Count
( 0 )
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
Clank/Ani ( 1 ) totallynotmafia
Zang ( 0 )
Grimmy ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 2 ) Clank/Ani Zang
Not Voting ( 1 ) Grimmy
Total Votes ( 4 )

With 4 able to vote, it takes 3 to lynch
Deadline: Monday, May 3rd at 11:00 EDT
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by totallynotmafia »

Zang wrote:
totallynotmafia wrote:Oh and don't forget that includes Clank's posts as well. I just found this gem:
Clank wrote:
Ythill wrote:Two points:

1. By "creative instincts" I think the mod meant that things like making a sham that appears to be a dead player and then using it post elsewhere would not be prohbited. Etcetera.

Lynch Zang!
vote Zang

Ythill's been right about this game so far.
Here Ani is blatantly misusing the "Let's Play a Game!" thread, using it as an excuse to vote Zang so he doesn't have to give his own opinion.
this makes sence but why then? Ythill and Shadt.ed have been saying "Lynch Zang" the whole time the "Lets play a game" thread has been up
Why does it matter when he did it? The fact is he used the thread as an excuse to vote you. The whole point of the "Let's Play a Game!" thread was for people outside the game to pick up on scummy behaviour that we in the game might miss, and anybody who is town in this game would realise that people in that thread could be wrong about who they think is scum and thus it's ridiculous to just blindly follow them.
Zang wrote:
Tnm wrote:No, if I had a gun like you claim then that would make me scum because there is no way a VT would have a gun. It has nothing to do with Grimmy, who we already established was town by the way because he wasn't around to submit the NK.
I agree with this to but how does this make him scum?
It makes him scum because town wouldn't act like that. If you knew 100% someone was scum then wouldn't you vote for them immediately?

Think about it, if Ani was actually town gunsmith, don't you think that by this stage he would have actually been putting some thought into what it means when he gets a "they have a gun" result on someone? Put yourself in his shoes IF he was the town gunsmith. Last night, zoraster sends you the result that I have a gun. Wouldn't you then think: "Wow, that means TNM is scum because he claimed VT, and there is no way that a VT would have a gun! I'm going to go into the thread, tell everyone my result and why that makes him scum and vote his scummy arse!" IMHO this is one of the biggest scum-tells, because scum aren't thinking this way, they aren't thinking "catch the scum", they're thinking "act town and frame the town". The acting town bit is where Ani has consistently failed, as he hasn't once in this entire game looked like he has been trying to catch scum. Even the point where he bussed Hoopla he failed, because just because she had a gun didn't mean that she was necessarily scum.

But this should without a doubt show you that he is scum:

animorpherv1 wrote:
unvote, vote no lynch

because I feel no Lynch will be the best idea for right now. Either way, we get information.
Why is he no-lynching? If he was the town gunsmith like he claims, then he would know 100% that I'm scum. So then why would he no-lynch??? That's just ridiculous! What possible information would he need?
In the case that he is town, I am scum, and he would 100% know this.
There's no way a town member would no-lynch when they know who is scum. As scum Ani is just trying to get rid of one more town member in order to make it easier for him to win in lylo, so he only needs one person to believe him instead of two.

If this doesn't convince you guys he's scum then I don't know what will.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Grimmy »

the no lynch tipped the scales, and as such,

Vote: Ani

the no lynch vote just put doubt on your gunsmithing ability, and it makes it look like you arent confident in your own abilities, which I find scummy.

Grimmy
knocked off the fence.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 5 Vote Count
( 0 )
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
Clank/Ani ( 2 ) totallynotmafia Grimmy
Zang ( 0 )
Grimmy ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 2 ) Clank/Ani Zang
Not Voting ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 4 )

Deadline: Monday, May 3rd at 11:00 EDT

Please note the deadline is approaching.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:12 am

Post by Zang »

Unvote
Vote: Ani
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 am

Post by zoraster »

Final Day 5 Vote Count
( 0 )
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
Clank/Ani ( 3 ) totallynotmafia Grimmy Zang

Zang ( 0 )
Grimmy ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 1 ) Clank/Ani
Not Voting ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 4 )

Animorpherv1 the Town Gunsmith was lynched

Gunsmith
You are the town gunsmith. You may PM me each night (but not Night 0) with a player’s name. If nothing prevents it, I will tell you if that person has a gun or not. I will not provide a list of who has guns, but I will say that most mafia members, some town members, and if there are any, some third party members, will have guns.

Town: You win when all mafia, sks and any other malicious third parties are eliminated.

Confirm in Thread

Night falls and then suddenly:

totallynotmafia the Vanilla Townie was killed

Vanilla
You are a town Vanilla townie. Booooo hiss. You only have the power to vote… for now.

Town: You win when all mafia, sks and any other malicious third parties are eliminated.

Confirm in Thread

Day breaks. It's a no lynch! Night falls again!

Grimmy the Vote Blocker was killed

Vote Blocker
You are the town Vote Blocker. On Nights 1 and 3, you may pick one player whose vote you don’t want to count in the vote counts the following day (Days 2 and 4, respectively). Any votes made by this player will not be recorded, so it will be obvious when this is done. In addition, the votes needed for majority will be altered accordingly.

Confirm in Thread

-------
And that left one standing. One despicable mafia:
Zang the Mafia Captain Ahab has won the game

Captain Ahab
You are the Mafia sided Captain Ahab. Your single-minded pursuit of
DedicatedScribe
is really pretty detrimental to your mental health. What’s more, while you could just kill the guy, you want him lynched, dammit.

If you lynch your target, you will become a Framer with the ability to “frame” a person each night. This will cause sane cops to read that person as “guilty” and insane cops to read that person as “innocent.” You will plant a gun on their body if there is a gunsmith.

As a member of the mafia, as a team you should choose who you want to kill at night. One person from your team should PM me with who you want to carry out that choice.

Your QT should only be used during nights. Remember that all other communication must be done in publicly available mafiascum locations. The QT can be found here: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/xUQtbe4wuYJv

You will get a fake role PM for a town bodyguard. You should note that
THIS IS YOUR REAL ROLE PM.

One other note: While your team only has two players to begin with, there may be actions that occur during the game that will give your team a third party member.

Scum: You win when all town, sks or any other party that has a win condition contrary to yours is eliminated or nothing can prevent them from being eliminated.

Confirm in Thread

----

THE WINNERS

UncertainKitten
Hoopla
Zang
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Hoopla »

ZANG YOU'RE A GENIUS. I LOVE YOU.

or maybe the town is an ungenius. i don't know.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Hoopla wrote:ZANG YOU'RE A GENIUS. I LOVE YOU.

or maybe the town is an ungenius. i don't know.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Zang »

Muahahahahaha! :twisted:
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:30 am

Post by zoraster »

Some thoughts:

1. I can't believe town won. I really can't. UK ended up screwing herself and then hoopla got offed and both ythill and shaft.ed had zang pegged as scum. But town miscounted and wasted a lynch which led to a loss.
2. Thanks for playing! It was fun. I especially liked the opening with people trying to figure out how to play without many rules on them.
3. Thanks to all the outside
players
participants. I think you added a lot to this game!
4. Please don't hesitate to give criticism/comments so long as they're constructive!
5. Obviously I screwed up night 1 and that gave people information. Whoops!
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:31 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

zoraster wrote:
Final Day 5 Vote Count
( 0 )
totallynotmafia ( 0 )
Clank/Ani ( 3 ) totallynotmafia Grimmy Zang

Zang ( 0 )
Grimmy ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 1 ) Clank/Ani
Not Voting ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 4 )

Animorpherv1 the Town Gunsmith was lynched

Gunsmith
You are the town gunsmith. You may PM me each night (but not Night 0) with a player’s name. If nothing prevents it, I will tell you if that person has a gun or not. I will not provide a list of who has guns, but I will say that most mafia members, some town members, and if there are any, some third party members, will have guns.

Confirm in Thread

Night falls and then suddenly:

totallynotmafia the Vanilla Townie was killed

Vanilla
You are a town Vanilla townie. Booooo hiss. You only have the power to vote… for now.

Confirm in Thread

Day breaks. It's a no lynch! Night falls again!

Grimmy the Vote Blocker was killed

Vote Blocker
You are the town Vote Blocker. On Nights 1 and 3, you may pick one player whose vote you don’t want to count in the vote counts the following day (Days 2 and 4, respectively). Any votes made by this player will not be recorded, so it will be obvious when this is done. In addition, the votes needed for majority will be altered accordingly.

Confirm in Thread

-------
And that left one standing. One despicable mafia:
Zang the Mafia Captain Ahab has won the game

Captain Ahab
You are the Mafia sided Captain Ahab. Your single-minded pursuit of
DedicatedScribe
is really pretty detrimental to your mental health. What’s more, while you could just kill the guy, you want him lynched, dammit.

If you lynch your target, you will become a Framer with the ability to “frame” a person each night. This will cause sane cops to read that person as “guilty” and insane cops to read that person as “innocent.” You will plant a gun on their body if there is a gunsmith.

As a member of the mafia, as a team you should choose who you want to kill at night. One person from your team should PM me with who you want to carry out that choice.

Your QT should only be used during nights. Remember that all other communication must be done in publicly available mafiascum locations. The QT can be found here: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/xUQtbe4wuYJv

You will get a fake role PM for a town bodyguard. You should note that
THIS IS YOUR REAL ROLE PM.

One other note: While your team only has two players to begin with, there may be actions that occur during the game that will give your team a third party member.

Scum: You win when all town, sks or any other party that has a win condition contrary to yours is eliminated or nothing can prevent them from being eliminated.

Confirm in Thread

----

THE WINNERS

UncertainKitten
Hoopla
Zang
Truly, DeathNote lost it for us, besides the fact that we stupidly NLed
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Zang »

Sorry town and thanks hoopla

And this is the first game I survived! I thought I was doomed until the deathnote lynch.

I loved this game, good job!

and out of curiosity Zoraster, would a bodyguard have a gun?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Zang wrote:Sorry town and thanks hoopla

And this is the first game I survived! I thought I was doomed until the deathnote lynch.

I loved this game, good job!

and out of curiosity Zoraster, would a bodyguard have a gun?
I knew it was you grrrrrrrrrrrrr :p
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 am

Post by zoraster »

Yeah. That's why I gave you that fake role. I wanted someone who would naturally have a gun. And even though you can't really "shoot" it as a BG, I figure it's plausible enough that he'd hold one.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Hoopla »

I can't believe we managed to win this - as soon I was lynched, I pencilled this in as a loss, especially with Ythill and shaft.ed clamouring for Zang's demise. I think it would have been a more interesting game had I not been caught out by ani, because a few people thought I was town at that point. UK was also good entertainment value, and kept us in the game with that no-lynch with 5 players alive - what was town thinking?

I have a complaint about the complexity of the roles/set-up. Neutral Macho Selector Jack of All trades? Seriously? I think this game had a killer mechanic that made it special and unique - you didn't need the zany set-up quirks to make it interesting. For me, I felt like it detracted from the game, and spoilt any opportunity to efficiently plan long-term (or any more than a day really) because I had no idea what could be out there. I don't even remember using either of my additional role-powers. I think a lot of it just served to create chaos, when really there was enough of it going on already.

Thanks for modding Zoraster - it's lucky the Grimmy-clearing wasn't costly in the end. But otherwise you did a sound job, yet again.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:42 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

zoraster wrote:Yeah. That's why I gave you that fake role. I wanted someone who would naturally have a gun. And even though you can't really "shoot" it as a BG, I figure it's plausible enough that he'd hold one.
Grrrr 2 protective roles grrrrr
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:44 am

Post by zoraster »

I can understand that complaint, Hoopla, but I thought while they were moderately complex, it wasn't a complexity that really harmed the game... or at least wouldn't have it played optimally. UK's gambit of claiming it early sort of put a crimp in that.

I guess I'll wait for other people's thought on that role pairing, but it's one that I thought was interesting.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

zoraster wrote:I can understand that complaint, Hoopla, but I thought while they were moderately complex, it wasn't a complexity that really harmed the game... or at least wouldn't have it played optimally. UK's gambit of claiming it early sort of put a crimp in that.

I guess I'll wait for other people's thought on that role pairing, but it's one that I thought was interesting.
The thing is though Zor, I have no idea how you can accurate account for balance with such roles. It just seems like guesswork, because there are so many unseen/unthought of ways the roles could be used, especially with everything else the game had. It was just....too much

Also, as scum, we managed to flaunt the rule of 'talking publicly about the game' on-site. We each had old posts buried in the Mish Mash forum we regularly edited and updated to simulate Day Talking.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:49 am

Post by DeathNote »

Your welcome.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:50 am

Post by zoraster »

Hoopla wrote:
zoraster wrote:I can understand that complaint, Hoopla, but I thought while they were moderately complex, it wasn't a complexity that really harmed the game... or at least wouldn't have it played optimally. UK's gambit of claiming it early sort of put a crimp in that.

The thing is though Zor, I have no idea how you can accurate account for balance with such roles. It just seems like guesswork, because there are so many unseen/unthought of ways the roles could be used, especially with everything else the game had. It was just....too much

Also, as scum, we managed to flaunt the rule of 'talking publicly about the game' on-site. We each had old posts buried in the Mish Mash forum we regularly edited and updated to simulate Day Talking.
Do you think so? It seemed pretty easy to me. It seemed an awful lot like a JoAT, really.

I liked the mafia day talk strategy! I was kind of hoping one of you would get caught out ;)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Zang »

I loved the daytalking posts! Guess where mine was.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:56 am