Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Yup, what Sera and RC said.
You are aware that by arguing against your own lynch you are being anti-town right?
Huh? What kind of bullshit is this? If he's town, then he has a pretty damn good reason to argue against his own lynch, as he knows, nothing good will come from it.

vote: XScorpion

Counter wagon + bullshit logic.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Seraphim wrote:To be fair, his logic isn't completely bullshit...read this:
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... the_Palace

The second part discusses the breaking strategy that Scorpion is trying to implement.
Ok, fair enough. The wiki scenario looks more more like an 'okay, I was for quicklynches for the first few days, but now as you selected me, I'm against it' argument, rather than just arguing against the method in the first place (and being the first one selected comes as a bonus), like here with RC.

Not to mention:
wiki wrote:Whilst the assassin(s) can still win with this play, it becomes much more a random coin flip than a calculated decision.
I signed here to play with a bunch people I played with before and had fun (incidentally both of those people are already on 'against' side of this discussion). Coin flip is not fun.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:15 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

I still would like to lynch the assassin thanks to my own skills, not random decision.

Also, FoSing and voting, especially during RVS and early discussion should mean nothing to assassin. Occasional smokescreens are good, and necessary to not put a bright red neon saying 'Nobody's accusing me of anything, I'm the one you're looking for' on our king. That's the way, IMO town should play in mafia-style AintP game. There's this whole 'lol random lynch' style of playing it, but I don't know how can this be fun for anyone, except from people who just need to add +1 win (or not, if they'll fail several times giving assassin the better odds for hitting correctly) to their wiki MS stats ASAP.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

XScorpion wrote:It doesn't matter, all that matters is that he is saying things that might help the assassin play better, which is bad.
Meh, not necessarily. We can, especially after saying that smokescreen thingy, act exactly opposite and purposefully leave the king from consideration along with a few other people so he'll have to make two guesses (did we ignore the king, and if yes, who was the ignored one?) instead of one.

Huh, do I hear and echo?
XScorpion wrote:It doesn't matter, all that matters is that he is saying things that might help the assassin play better, which is bad.
No, I'm not. I'm purposefully screwing with the assassin's mind. Since in this game he's sitting in Vizzini's place instead of town, I'm placing WIFOM after WIFOM before him.
No, I'd say that it's just not as optimal a strategy. I'm a perfectionist, I want play as well as possible, and logically speaking the wiki strategy has the best odds for town to win. While there may be nothing wrong with another approach, as I said before, I'm aiming to win as efficiently as possible.
You do realize, that with your lynch, and 4 people already who are against your strategy, your death won't change anything with town behavior, right? So if you are indeed a guardian, you'll only remove one guard from the guessing game for assassin and actually not help town in any way. Unless OpposedForce, tumescene, and Chronopie will be in favor of quicklynch-notalk lynches, your strategy will never be forced, so just deal with it and scumhunt as the rest of the town, because your 'most efficient behavior' is not doing town any good ATM.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

We should wait for Amished and confirmation of D1 lynch.

Also, I'm still against quick-lynch-no-talk game.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

So, uhmm... Yay us, I guess...

Awkward... But win is a win :P

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Yay, now I'm a part of the game which will be in records book ^^ *is happy*

Return to “Completed Open Games”