Mini 934 - Troubles at Smiths&Catharts (Game Over!)

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by Fate »

SaintKerrigan wrote: I'll deal with the other posts later. If I'm still alive later.
And this one deserves its own post, of course. This sounds JUST LIKE a power role that REALLY wants to live doesn't it?

NOT.

HAHAH BORAT REFENERCEEEEEE.

THANKS FOR HELPING TOWN BY NOT TRYING DESPERATELY TO LIVE AND GIVING UP SCUM.

SOMEBODYA HAMMARRRR
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:02 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 2.10

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch

If you'll encounter any kind of mistake in the votecount, please point it out.

Saint Kerrigan (5):
Thor665, Fate, Sotty7, Pie_is_good, Cyberbob
(Warning: L-1)

Pie_is_good (3): MichelSableheart, Socrates, Copper
Fate (2): charter, SaintKerrigan

not voting (0):

The current deadline is on
Monday, April 19th 2010 at 6:30 PM GMT +1
Modified Countdown

Deadline in 5 hours.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:10 am

Post by Fate »

I'd respond to Copper but he's clearly afraid to lynch a "power role." Well, not all town can be on the lynch, so meh.
MichelSableheart wrote: Fate, have you realized that it is possible for your suspicions to be wrong? It seems to me that you are not openmindedly analysing new information, but rather are actively looking for ways you can twist it so you can keep your suspicion on the same old targets. Please stop tunneling and start thinking.

Your argument that Ray wouldn't have replaced out if he was a tracker is nonsense, simply because Ray replaced out of all his games on the site.
I'll concede that. But will you not concede how strange Ray's play was this game? "Changing his meta?" Last time I heard that it was from scum in a large 22 player game.
The tracker fakeclaim you linked to is completely irrelevant. Given a bit of time, I can easily find a game where a town tracker investigated someone who didn't go anywhere, but still kept attacking him.
K show me. OH yeah, also show me a single person of competence in mafia who would actually waste a track on a CLAIMED VANILLA WITH 2+ SCUM ALIVE. It doesn't make sense. It isn't good play, its scum play.
SK surprised by my gunclaim and afraid of a counterclaim? When he claimed, three players hadn't claimed. Do you honestly believe he didn't expect any of them to claim gun? Also, why wouldn't there be two of the same role in this game?
I don't know what scum are thinking, but that is my theory yes. Plus claiming Cop forces him to give us innocents, and claiming OSV forces him to be provable. Tracker to go a pre-claimed vanilla going nowhere?
Priceless.

I completely agree with Socrates that SK's powerrole claim makes sense. Does that make me scum with them?
Possibly. Or maybe you're just letting ScumSoc manipulate you by putting ideas in your head. "Oh yeah that guy makes sense, I can see that now."

Let me summarize what Socrates has said: "Well I figured RF was a PR because he acted scummy and he knew he would have a claim to fall back on." A claim to fall back on? His claim (supposing he is a tracker and tracked Kthx) is that A VANILLA WENT NO WHERE. EVERYONE ALREADY KNEW THIS (BARRING TOWNFAKECLAIM). If he wanted some information to "prove himself" he could've tracked Sotty, Michel, Scum, ETC!
The fact that you don't suspect Thor and Cyberbob doesn't mean they are automatically town. Your argument that both his scumbuddies claimed before him assumes that you are completely right about your suspicions. As I said before, please be more open minded.

There is every reason SK should remain alive today. The most important one being that he is pro-town.
I find Cyberbob suspicious. If I had a "gun" I'd certainly investigate Thor as my read of him may be off.

I also disagree that SK looks pro-town. I still haven't seen a shred of scumhunting from these supposed ISOs.... SIX HOURS BEFORE THE DEADLINE.
SK has nothing to offer, no info, no supposed suspects (except me of course because I want him lynched, therefore I'm "obvscum").

I've said my piece. Hopefully we can lynch scum today instead of letting them have a free night to kill our real PRs.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:50 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Fate if you could stop spazzing out and abusing caps like a madman that would be cool. Thanks.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

I am not going to hammer SK. I believe a no lynch is better then an SK lynch.

Copper, though I don't like it, a Pie lynch doesn't seem to be happening today. If the two of us switch to fate, Cyberbob will probably be willling to switch back. That way, we might get an acceptable lynch today.

unvote

vote: Fate
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:32 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 2.11

Saint Kerrigan (5):
Thor665, Fate, Sotty7, Pie_is_good, Cyberbob

Fate (3): charter, SaintKerrigan, MichelSableheart
Pie_is_good (2): Socrates, Copper

not voting (0):

Modified Countdown

Deadline in 4 hours.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:32 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Don't have a lot of time to post at the moment, but since it doesn't look like we're moving towards a Fate lynch, I obviously don't want to be lynched, and Pie is an acceptable alternative to Fate, I'm going to
Unvote: Fate. Vote: Pie_is_good.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:34 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Lol ninja'd by a Fate vote. In the hopes that we can swing this back around,
Unvote: Pie_is_good. Vote: Fate.

*waits for Fate to make a post detailing how switching votes in the interest of procuring a lynch other than my own is scummy*
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Cyberbob »

...Fuckit, I'm game.
Unvote, Vote: Fate

Here's hoping another two people switch over between now and deadline.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Copper
Copper
Goon
Copper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 am

Post by Copper »

I'm not as comfortable with this as I am with a pie lynch, but it's miles above an SK lynch.
Unvote, vote: Fate
This account is a hydra. It is listed as male for ease of pronoun use; this has no bearing on the genders of the hydra's heads.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:15 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 2.12

Fate (5):
charter, SaintKerrigan, MichelSableheart, Cyberbob, Copper

Saint Kerrigan (4): Thor665, Fate, Sotty7, Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good (1): Socrates

not voting (0):

Modified Countdown

Deadline in 3,5 hours.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

MichelSableheart wrote:Thor, if you believe the claim of SK, why are you still voting him? Either make a case that you actually still belief him to be scum, or vote for one of the other bandwagons. We don't have much time left.
I have already expressed thoughts on Kerrigan (muddled though they be) I will note as far as the claim goes my comment was that my gut reaction was to believe it, not that I did believe it. I still am not sure if I believe it, but the arguments against nailing a claimed powerrole right at this point seems reasonable.

I wasn't really feeling desperate pressure to shift my vote till (in child-like whiny voice) I got what I wanted and Sotty and Copper offered opinions. Apparently I only get half my cookie. I'm not sure what to make of the last minute shifting, but I generally buy into the idea that a lynch is preferable to a no lynch and at least my other top suspect is the one now in hammer range.
--------------------------------------------
In other news...stop, Hammahtime!

No whammy, no whammy...

Unvote: SaintKerrigan
Vote: Fate
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

That lynch was absolutely atrocious. I honestly thought this town was better than that. Next time I draw scum, I'll be claiming PR no matter what, since that's apparently all it takes to survive these days.

Which reminds me, why the fuck did we not at least get a claim out of Fate before dropping the hammer?

Here's the post I had composed before that hammer was dropped:

------
Kerrigan wrote:First of all, I was third to last to claim, not second to last. Get your damn facts straight. Second of all, WHY THE FUCK WOULD I CLAIM A ROLE THAT IS UNCONVENTIONAL WHEN I COULD HAVE HAD A MUCH EASIER TIME CLAIMING A ROLE THAT NORMALLY HAS A GUN? Pardon the shouting, but your deliberate obtuseness is just sickening to me.
If I may:
Socrates had a quip I liked earlier. Something like "Site meta is currently such that scum can do exactly what they want in a blatantly obvious fashion and have it written off at WIFOM." I think that applies here.
Copper wrote:Pie, by contrast, is pushing SK with largely what looks to be an apathy 'meh' kind of case.
My case against Kerrigan personally is admittedly meh and is based more on weak claim than scummy behavior. I wouldn't call my case against the slot in general "meh" at all. With the exception of Cheshire, RayFrost was in a league of his own.
Copper wrote:We'll have plenty of time later to discern whether or not it's a fakeclaim, but I will not see a deadline scramble fall on our claimed PR.
I honestly thought you (all) were better than this, but I'm not about to swing you with deadline looming.

-----

...see y'all tomorrow.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Pie_is_good wrote:...see y'all tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm sure you will.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:49 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

I do admit that a claim out of Fate would have been nice, but given the amount of time we had left before deadline it wasn't likely that we were going to get one.
Pie_is_good wrote:If I may:
Socrates had a quip I liked earlier. Something like "Site meta is currently such that scum can do exactly what they want in a blatantly obvious fashion and have it written off at WIFOM." I think that applies here.
Pardon me saying so, but anyone can say "Scum can get away with anything they want as long as they write it off as WIFOM" and use it to try and invalidate legitimate claims. I think that applies here.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Pie_is_good wrote:Which reminds me, why the Smurf did we not at least get a claim out of Fate before dropping the hammer?
Because I dropped the hammer at approx. one hour till deadline and the likelihood of Fate showing up to claim during that hour was minimal at best?

Do you think any other lynch was happening? Cyberbob might have floated back to SK as deadline loomed, but both Michel and Copper were clearly not going to vote SK (and neither was SK, I presume)

That meant the alternative was waiting for Socrates to show up and get him to change his vote - I didn't see that happening, did you?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

Thor665 wrote:Because I dropped the hammer at approx. one hour till deadline and the likelihood of Fate showing up to claim during that hour was minimal at best?
Eh, I guess. This just more speaks to the stupidity of the end-of-day flashmob than any particular fault in play.

Also, Thor censored "fuck."
Thor wrote:Do you think any other lynch was happening? Cyberbob might have floated back to SK as deadline loomed, but both Michel and Copper were clearly not going to vote SK (and neither was SK, I presume)
I'd prefer any lynch to no lynch (those who said otherwise about SK are being silly). I was more yelling at the constituency who voted Fate because they didn't have the balls to call SK on an awful tracker claim.
Kerrigan wrote:Pardon me saying so, but anyone can say "Scum can get away with anything they want as long as they write it off as WIFOM" and use it to try and invalidate legitimate claims. I think that applies here.
Pardon me for saying so, but sometimes I wonder about the importance of the bread in the perfect Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. As far as I can remember, I've only ever eaten them on white bread. This can't be an accident - statistically, it would be too unlikely - so it must be the prevailing culinary wisdom that Buffalo Chicken and White Bread just belong together. But that makes me wonder, would the sandwich actually be
bad
if delivered on another bread medium? Clearly most people think so, or they would at least give you the option of what sort of bread you'd like your Buffalo Chicken Sandwich to be served with. But at the same time, I just can't imagine any circumstances in which a Buffalo Chicken Sandwich would be actively
bad
. I mean, I'm not going to lie: Those things are pretty unbelievable.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:19 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Pie, if you're going to make a point, please be more concise about it instead of launching into an analogous anecdote that can potentially be not understood or misinterpreted from its intended meaning. Thank you.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Votecount 2.13 (Final)

Fate (6):
charter, SaintKerrigan, MichelSableheart, Cyberbob, Copper, Thor665
(LYNCH!)

Saint Kerrigan (3): Fate, Sotty7, Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good (1): Socrates

not voting (0):

Modified Countdown

The game enters twilight phase. You are allowed to talk until I'll post the death scene

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Sorry about not being around. I have a family member in hospital so weekends are busy times around here.

I can understand the unvoting of SK with the tracker claim. With how Ray acted on day one I had the thought he might be a cop. That was another reason I didn't look into him because being told he had a gun would have done little to clear up my opinion on him either way.

Can't say I am sad about the Fate lynch. Here's hoping my initial gut reaction to him was right.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Pie, if you're going to make a point, please be more concise about it instead of launching into an analogous anecdote that can potentially be not understood or misinterpreted from its intended meaning. Thank you.
I understand what you're saying, but is conciseness really all it's cracked up to be? They say too much of a good thing can become a bad thing, but let me tell you: I've had a crapload of Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches recently and it's not even close to a bad thing yet. There's some truth to the idea that the sandwich gets worse over time - diminishing marginal returns, if you will - but that's mostly because your mouth gets slightly used to the tangy deliciousness of the Buffalo sauce and it's not quite as effective the next time it collides with your taste buds. In any case, this effect is offset by the fact that prices diminish just as quickly. A footlong sandwich is usually much less than twice a 6" sandwich, so the price:taste ratio remains about the same.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Once again, time was running short, and people gathered in the conference room were far from declaring one definite decision. Kerrigan was the most suspicious guy around, but no one was completely sure... Except Fate, who was very vocal in declaring Kerrigan's guilt.

"He's scum! I'm sure of it. Just look at him! JUST LISTEN TO HIM! He LOOKS, SOUNDS AND SMELLS LIKE SCUM!"

"Calm down, Fate..."
Cyberbob replied.
"You are overreacting. We can hear you perfectly without shouting, and... Hey, what's this?"

Bob picked up a little piece of paper that fell out of Fate's pocket.

"Interesting... 75% discount for everything in 'Bazzani's Pizza'. Care to explain that, Fate?"

Everyone's eyes immediately turned into Fate's direction. Fate himself looked really nervous.

"I... Well... You see... I really like pizza, and...

..."

Awkward silence lasted for about a minute, when Fate finally decided to drop the act.

"Ok, Fuck this shit!"
He reached for his gun in the his pocket inside the trench coat (how come, no one noticed that before?). Unfortunately for him, the last minute wasn't spend on nothing by the rest of the town. Everyone was already prepared for the worst, and the first moment Fate became hostile, 6 people already disarmed him, tied him, and proceeded with the lynch.

"YOU WON'T DEFEAT US!"
Fate shouted.
"SMITHS&CATHARTS WILL BE OURS! YOU HEAR ME? OURS! YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR
FATE
, NO MAN CA..."

Before he could finish, noose already tightened on his neck and Fate was hanged. After another minute, he stopped breathing.

----------------

Cathart's giant smile appeared on the screen along with the rest of his face.

"I heard everything. Good job! Look like one down. He doesn't really look like important figure here, so I guess he was a simple
Mafia Goon
, but great work anyway, you are one step closer to making this factory safe and free again."

"Your rooms for the night are already prepared. As an additional bonus, you'll find there a glass of scotch for your great effort today. Take care, and hopefully see you tomorrow.

God speed!"

-----------------------------------------------

tl;dr version:

Fate
was lynched. He was a
Mafia Goon

It's now
Night 2
. Send your night actions before the deadline, which
22th of April at 7PM GMT +1

Scum communication is open again.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Night's over. Currently, I'm sending night action results.
Last edited by Col.Cathart on Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Night Results sent. Proceeding with D3 opening scene.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

New dawn signaled the beginning of the new day. After eating breakfast, 8 people gathered again inside the conference room. Just a minute later, Cathart's face appeared on the screen again.

"I regret to inform you about this, especially after our latest success with getting rid of Bazzani's Goon, but we lost another faithful worker. This time it's
Sotty7
, who worked here as a
Gunsmith
. Her body was found on the corridor with bullet in the back of her skull. That's a devastating loss, and I hope you'll pay those Bazzani's back before it will be too late. I'm out, but remember, I'm still observing you, so don't try to break the rules.

Godspeed..."

------------------

Summary:
Sotty7
was killed. She was a
Town Gunsmith

Day 3 begins and ends in 14 days.
The deadline is:
Thursday, May 6th at 7:30 PM GMT +1
Countdown

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”