Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Kast »

Posting to say I'm here.

-Let's not have modkills, regardless of affiliation.

-It's nice playing a game with a clearly defined (flavor-wise) scum group.

-Not much to contribute at the moment.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Kast »

Did no one else read the flavor in the first post? It states that we are trying to stop the flood... so speculating otherwise makes little sense.
Yes. There's no example town PM, but I'm assuming everyone else's (town) PMs say as much as well.

Primary scum is Flood. If there are other scum (second group/SK/other 3rd party), I could see any of a number of things, but at the moment, everything points heavily to a straightforward Flood mafia.

@Reck-
Thanks for getting things moving. Please don't do any "I'm gonna be scummy because I'm bored" moves, unless you're actually scum.

-Your vote wasn't 100% random, but was it some other % random?
-Was your vote arbitrary?
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Kast »

@Reck-
Arbitrary as in you may have a reason for your vote, but the reason does not actually implicate AGM as scum (or may implicate multiple people equally well).

@xvart-
Anecdotal evidence like that isn't as applicable as meta-information since playstyles vary greatly from player to player. If you have links to games in which Reck has posted that way as a townie, then that would be pretty relevant.

Also, even bad play can get lucky and turn out good results. If someone tried to out and lynch the cop in every game, eventually he's going to get lucky and end up lynching scum. That wouldn't make outing and attempting to lynch the cop a viable town strategy or acceptable behavior.

@Reck and no reasons-
I'm a strong proponent of townies providing reasons for what they do. Sometimes there are reasons to keep your reasons secret. If so, you better provide that eventually.

From what I've seen of Reck, he's a bit...reckless...I could see him voting with no reason as a townie. Doesn't make it good, but for the moment he is breaking RVS and answering questions. Also, a single, early, unexplained vote isn't going to kill town. I expect an explanation eventually (actually, I'm guessing he's going to throw his vote around more as the day progresses).
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #62 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Kast »

Whee thread degenerating from scum-hunting to policy lynch.

I don't look forward to cruelty posting in a similar manner to his current posting, however, I don't see anything in his posts that is indicative of scum. It's one of those anti-town but not inherently scummy situations. Since it sounds like some of you have played with him before and he exhibited similar behavior there, then pushing a policy lynch would be almost worse than a straight up random lynch.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Kast »

@pman-
If you normally advocate policy lynches, state your case and by all means proceed.
I'll observe a little more before voting
^This sounds like you're looking for someone else to give you a reason/excuse to jump on a wagon.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #68 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Kast »

@DoS-
-Do people normally cite reasons for why they think that way about you?
--If so, what is your response to those, and do you plan to alter your behavior in this game as a result of those criticisms?

@Cruelty-
You are deflecting from the point against you. Meta has been mentioned, but only as support for the claim that your current behavior is anti-town/active lurking.

Do you have anything to address that charge?
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Kast »

@Cruelty-
Meta has been mentioned, but only as support for
the claim that your current behavior is anti-town/active lurking.
I thought this was quite clear. Then again, the original posts themselves were also pretty clearly written.
You are hard to read and often come across as scummy.
Do you plan on making an effort to play in a pro-town manner this game, or are you just going to continue doing whatever you fee like?
This one is more subtle, but the question makes it clear that he thinks your posting so far is not in a pro-town manner. However, the appeal to meta is not used as a reason for attacking you, nor is your behavior so far. The question sets up for an attack if you maintain your current behavior.
Through random votes out with no reason whatsoever, no other text, ignore what other people have said and
be the embodiment of active lurking?
Pretty straightforward and direct. Nothing about meta; just references to your behavior so far.

@Llamaseatataco-
Anyway... Cruelty, I'm glad you were very nice and decided to post a random vote. Next time, put something else in there with your vote, even if it is just to comment on what else is going on.

unvote, vote: cruelty
Did you not see Kast's post?
The green seems a bit different message from the preceding paragraph. I'm also a bit wary from the appeal to my post as some authority.

@DoS-
-I see significant differences between what you describe and cruelty's current behavior/situation. To be clear, do you actually see no reason why Llamas or AGM would pick cruelty over you; or are you simply making them post their reason(s)?
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Kast »

Minor point:
cruelty wrote:you've completed one (i think) game with me, pretty outstanding meta read you have.
AGM wrote:I've played with cruelty multiple times.
Which of the above is true?

@Cruelty-
-To be clear, you don't feel any need to address the claim that your behavior is anti-town and/or active lurking.

-You did feel the need to address the point that your normal meta is to be anti-town and to active lurk. You feel that point falsely characterizes you as scummy based on meta instead of looking at how you actually are in this game. Is this correct?

@All-
Prolly not going to post anymore today. Enjoy your weekends and Happy Easter to all!
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #122 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Kast »

Bah! Boo! Yay! Go town!
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #252 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Kast »

Good game, thanks for running it mod. I enjoyed it and watching how things turned out.

It felt much more a game loss for scum than a game win for town. pman just set himself up for the lynch and didn't seem to care about it.

A PGO is an interesting balancing role, the better town is doing, the more dangerous it is for town (balances to help scum), and the worse town is doing, the more dangerous it becomes for scum (balances to town). Drawing the mafia kill on N1 is pretty much the best outcome for town, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad for mafia without the pman lynch D1.

I thought Reck played really well on the whole until D3, when he inexplicably became kinda lynch crazy. I shared that thought with the mod and I was glad to see most of the townies (llamas/dos/xvart) all noticed Reck's sudden/inexplicable change in behavior as well. Good job guys.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #259 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Kast »

I may be biased, but I'd say PGO punished scum for good play and punished town for bad play in this game ;)
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”